- Name: Water Prison Technique (水牢の術, Suirō no Jutsu; English TV "Water Prison Jutsu")
- Type: C-rank, Supplementary, Short range (0-5m)
- Users: Zabuza Momochi, Kisame Hoshigaki
- Hand Seals: Snake, Sheep, Tiger, Horse, Snake, Rabbit, Horse, Snake, Rabbit, 2 Palms Out
- Debut (Anime): Naruto Episode 8
- Debut (Manga): Chapter 13
This jutsu is used to trap a victim inside a virtually inescapable sphere of water. The only downside to this technique is that the user must keep at least one arm inside the sphere at all times in order for the victim to remain imprisoned. Clones can be used in place of the actual person, provided that the clone is the one that performed the technique. This jutsu can't be performed without a sufficiently large body of water to supply the water for it. Neji Hyuga has been able to use his ability to release chakra from all of his pressure points to disrupt the flow of chakra inside the prison and break free. Despite the fact that the prison is made up entirely out of water, and the target is unable to move while within it, the target is still able to speak. However, the one imprisoned still has to maintain the ability to breathe.