- Name: Shadow of the Dancing Leaf (影舞葉, Kage Buyō; Viz "Leaf Shadow Dance", English TV "Dancing Leaf Shadow")
- Type:: C-rank, Supplementary, Short range (0-5m)
- Users: Maito Gai, Rock Lee, Sasuke Uchiha, Kakashi Hatake
- Debut (Anime): Naruto Episode 22
- Debut (Manga): Chapter 37
The Shadow of the Dancing Leaf is used to position a ninja's opponent into a vulnerable aerial position. The ninja will first quickly appear below their opponent, then with a swift upper kick they will launch their target into the air. The ninja will then jump into the air to "shadow" the target with the target's back to their chest. Since this is the opponent's blind spot, it can be used as a set up to a number of jutsu. Rock Lee uses it in preparation for the Front Lotus. Sasuke, after copying it from Lee, uses it for his Lion Combo, but because he lacks Lee's training it puts some strain on his body.