- Name: Multiple Shadow Clone Technique (多重影分身の術, Tajū Kage Bunshin no Jutsu; Viz "Multiple Shadow Dopplegangers Technique", English TV "Multi Shadow Clone Jutsu")
- Type: Kinjutsu, A-rank, Supplementary
- Users: Naruto Uzumaki, Kakashi Hatake
- Hand Seals: Tiger with left, and right, adjust to form cross
- Debut (Anime): Naruto Episode 1
- Debut (Manga): Chapter 1
This jutsu is basically a massive version of the Shadow Clone Technique. Instead of a few clones, it creates a few hundred clones (or a number of equal grandeur). This is considered a forbidden jutsu, because it can potentially be dangerous to the person performing it, seeing as how all of the clones are given an equal amount of chakra directly from the user. Naruto learned the technique from the scroll of forbidden seals written by the First Hokage.
Few people are able to use this technique effectively, due to the large amount of chakra it consumes. However, this weakness is not an issue to Naruto, due to his massive chakra reserves. Having such reserves allows him to create upwards of 2,000 clones while maintaining a decent supply of chakra in each one. This technique is also used by Naruto to train quickly, since all the clones share their experiences with Naruto, but it causes extreme fatigue with repeated use. Naruto does not appear to distinguish between the Multiple and regular variations of the technique, and often simply says "Shadow Clone Technique" regardless of how many clones he uses.