Forum: General Discussion
12-27-2009 until 02-19-2025
Babe. Reel it in.
NarutoBase Global Rules
NarutoBase Global Rules:
Spam: stands for Stupid Pointless Annoying Material/Message and includes (but is not limited to) all actions illustrated in the list below:
- Off Topic Posts: Posting something completely irrelevant to the topic of discussion or forum.
- Post Count Raising: Posting only to raise your post count like stating the obvious or answering an already answered question.
- Picture Replies/YouTube Video Replies: Replying to a post by posting only a picture or Video that you consider funny is disrespectful, annoying and considered spam. It falls under the moderators' discretion to also classify it as 'trolling' and treat it appropriately.
- One word replies or Emoticon or Picture replies: as in ":D", "Hi", "Spam", "", a meme picture. Only exception is answering a question with "yes" or "no", but still, if you think you know the answer you should also know how to explain it too.
- Bumping Dead Topics: Bumping a topic that has not been posted in over a month is considered SPAM. If a specific forum's rules note a different time frame for classifying a thread as "dead", that is the time frame that you are to follow. One month is the standard time frame for classifying threads as "dead".
- Screaming: As in: "LISTEN TO ME, I HAVE SOMETHING IMPORTANT TO SAY". Writing like this is extremely annoying for everyone and instead of making people notice you, it drives them away.
- Personal Problems Threads: If you have a problem with a fellow member you should solve it by using an instant messenger or, if that is not possible, through visitor and private messages. There is no reason for all members to take part in your problems.
- Threads about other members: As in: 'Who is the coolest person on NB' or 'Who is the worst moderator' are considered both spam and flaming and will be treated as such.
- Bugging: Towards showing respect to moderators' private time, asking questions like: "pls pls pls pls approve my bio" and "chheeeeeek my customssssss!!!!" (x100), are prohibited effective immediately. Every question like this on Visitor Messages, Private Messages or posts will be considered spam, and will be treated as such by being totally ignored and deleted immediately, or if repeated, will receive Warnings or Infractions. There are stuck threads in every section which will guide you to the NB's How to's.
- Multi-posting: Posting one post after another in any thread is not allowed. This means making a new post directly below another post of yours (double/triple/multi-posting) will be considered spamming and will be thus treated.
- Ban-Threads: Creating threads asking why a member is banned is not allowed, even if it is about yourself. When a ban is given a PM is also sent automatically to the member who committed the offense where the reason for the ban is explained. NB's staff have no obligation whatsoever to explain to any other member the reason of the ban and it is our wish that the reason would remain private anyway. However, if you think you have been unjustifiably banned you can contact one of the administrators; this you can do only after you have read our Global Rules and you are absolutely sure you haven't broken any of them.
- Multi-answering: Answering a question that has already been properly answered is unnecessary and will be treated as spam.
Off-topic posts are allowed on the following forum, under that forum's specific rules:
[NB Lounge Chatterbox]
Post Count Raising and One word Replies are allowed on the following forum, under that forum's specific rules:
Flaming: A flame is an insult or slur directed to a member. Listed below are our definitions of "flames":
- Bullying: Is to treat another member in an overbearing or intimidating manner. Such action is strictly forbidden and will not be tolerated. If you feel that someone is bullying you or harassing you in any way you should report it to an admin or global moderator immediately.
- Bashing: Is to engage in harsh, accusatory and/or threatening criticism directed to any member of the forum.
- Trolling: Trolling is a stupid and annoying behavior on the forum which significantly increases the world load of the staff and tests our tolerance towards the offenders. From this point and on, special actions will be taken to ensure that members who partake in such behavior learn to abide by our rules or stay away from NarutoBase. The administrators have the right to ban members from the community if they feel that they are a threat to the forum.
- Troll threads: Troll threads are threads made usually to troll a member or a site. These threads are not allowed on NB under any circumstances. If you come across a troll thread there is no need to post in it- it is better if you just report it using the report button located on the bottom left corner of every post. This will immediately notify all the staff members and the problematic thread will be removed as soon as possible.
- Insults: Any type of insult directed from one member to another member. Please remember that there is a big difference between "criticism" and "insulting".
- Homosexual Slurs: Any type of homosexual slur directed from one member to another member, whether it'd be false claims that the member being flamed is a homosexual, or mocking a homosexual member for their sexual preference.
- Sexual Slurs: Any type of sexual slur directed from one member to another member, whether it'd be describing explicit sexual behaviors involving the member being flamed, or typing sexually explicit slurs using the likeness of the member being flamed.
- Racial Slurs: Any type of slur directed from one member to another member or ethnic background insulting a specific ethnic background. This is the internet. Be careful of what you post since even if your intentions aren't racist, they can still be perceived that way and will be dealt with in accordance.
Advertising: Advertising is when a member displays a link to a Web site not associated with Narutobase with the intent to draw visitors of Narutobase to their Web site:
- Advertising is not allowed on Narutobase no matter how it is done; Posting a thread, making a post, using a link at your signature or advertise through visitor or private messages a web site or forum not associated with NarutoBase, but based on manga or anime, is considered advertising and it will be treated with no tolerance at all. It falls under the moderators' discretion as to what is classified as "advertising" and the level of it, starting with a day's ban at least.
- Advertising yourself: is also not allowed. Advertising yourself includes actions such as making threads 'I am back!' or 'I am leaving', consistently asking other members to check your GFX work or when a member links (inside or outside of Narutobase) to get more votes for any kind of contests. It falls under the moderators' discretion as to which link is considered advertising or not.
Common: Includes all the important rules listed below:
- Censor bypassing is when a member deliberately tries to fool the vBulletin Word Censor. The Word Censor is in place to censor obscene words that may not be acceptable to certain visitors. Remember, Narutobase Forums is a family site, so, the Word Censor is in place to protect children and others that may be offended by obscene words. Effective immediately, no special characters are allowed to be used in order to obscure any word.
- Images: Signatures, Avatars, Profile Pictures, Pictures posted in threads as well as Youtube videos are subject to the same rules as posts, so, if something is not acceptable to post, then it is not acceptable for a signature. In this case, a moderator will ask you to change or delete your inappropriate image; please do so immediately. Failure to do so will result in your signature being deleted. A repeat offense usually results in an account ban! Please remember that the signatures' size limits are 600 x 300. Premium member limits are: 600 x 450
- Adult Material: Anything that contains explicit adult material or illegal activities is strictly prohibited; remember this is a family forum and not a place for such actions. Linking to websites with such content is also not allowed. Posting such material are grounds for a temporary to permanent ban, subject to the severity of the offense and discretion of the moderators.
- Search Button: Use it before making a thread. Someone else might have posted the same thing or asked the same question. There is no reason for repetition.
- Character Bashing: Members who resort to ‘character bashing’ as their persistent topic of discussion will be treated under the same conditions as trolls. Character bashing refers to a topic of discussion whereby a member decides to make fun of certain characters/character pairings leading to a pointless thread filled with insults and general rule breaking. Members who continually partake in such behavior may have account restrictions applied to them including infractions and bans.
Character bashing: 'Naruto sucks because he just does.'
NOT Character bashing: 'I don't like Naruto because when the village was at war, he chose to...'
- Cross-universe battles: You cannot compare two characters from two different universes to determine which is 'best' as such, these threads are against the rules and can be considered spam.
- Interaction with the Staff: We are here to fix problems & make sure that the forum runs smoothly. We also welcome plausible and realistic suggestions. Spamming us with questions that we have already answered and created sticky threads for or bullying us by sending 10 messages for a simple thing you want in the forum is considered disrespectful and spam.
- Spoilers: Not everyone is at the same point of the anime or manga; Respect that by placing the Spoiler Tags where appropriate. Also, please make sure that your thread's title does not contain any spoilers either. This is to protect the members that aren't fully up to date with the latest manga releases. If you can't refrain yourself from doing so, then the staff of NB will change the title(s) of your thread(s) and you will receive warnings/infractions. Allow your creativity to take the place of names or battle outcomes etc.
- Rep Abuse: While it is normal to give reputation to people who help you or have done something you found interesting for the forum, repeatedly asking for people to rep you, to rate your profile, or the participation in games like "rep me and I will rep you" are considered "cheating" and are not allowed. If caught spreading reputation points, Admins can set your points to 0. To question or try get your reputation back will result in that the reputation bar gets inactivated for the user.
If negative reputation is given for no reason and/or for inappropriate reasons administrators will take action.
- Illegal activities: You may not link to websites that contain illegal games/movies, or sites with grotesque, violent and/or racist content.
- Report: Use the Report button if you see a problematic message or post. Don't try to solve the problem alone and don't flame back if someone has flamed you. The staff will take care of it as soon as you report it.
- Alternative accounts: While alternative accounts are not prohibited, any breaking or abuse of the forum rules (of any alternative accounts) will lead to its' permanent banning. Remember that it is strictly forbidden to use an alt account while your main one or another account of yours is banned.
- Signature size: A signature should not be made larger than 600 x 300. pixels; if a larger signature is used it will get removed and an infraction may be given. You are not allowed to have more than one picture in your signature; if more than one is used it will get removed and an infraction/warning might be given.
Premium members are allowed 3 images within 600 x 450
- Remember that use of proxies may get you permabanned. The reason being that you might share IP with someone that is already banned and it will count as an alt of that person.
- Profile: Pictures and text used in the designing of your profile are subject to the same rules as posts and threads. Therefore, no nudity and no swearing is permitted.
- Autoplay Videos: Do not place a video that auto.plays in your signature or profile intro and do not post one in any thread.