Pooling Match-ups and Confirmations

1. Floydical
    Hey again everyone! This thread is where you will confirm your status as a debater in addition to finding out your pooling matches for the tournament! I was going to make one thread per pool, but I realized I might as well combine them into one. Here I will post all the match-ups for every competitor for the pooling stage. Note, these are only the match-ups, ie which debaters are taking each-other on, but not the specific combatants you will be debating for. Again, that will be saved until your individual debate thread. In this thread specifically, confirm your status by posting your name and the pool group you belong to, confine all current discussions to the Pool Groups thread.

Now lets get to business:

Pool 1 Match-ups:

1. Piratefish vs. Kirikoe

2. Piratefhish vs. Kidgamer65 DONE

3. Microsword 57 vs. Kirikoe DONE

4. Kidgamer65 vs. Negative Knight

5. Microsword 57 vs. Negative Knight

Pool 2 Match-ups:

1. Champ vs. 10023213

2. Prince Charles vs. Varrah DONE

3. Danzo vs. Prince Charles

4. Varrah vs. 10023213

5. Champ vs. Danzo DONE

Pool 3 Match-ups:

1. LolaxXx vs. TheGreatUchiha DONE

2. ~Puppet Master~ vs. Profontaine

3. ~Puppet Master~ vs. TobisPawn DONE

4. Profontaine vs. Anub DONE

5. LolaxXx vs. TobisPawn

6. TheGreatUchiha vs. Anub

Pool 4 Match-ups:

1. Tazzila88 vs. Rikerslade

2. MilwaukeegHost vs. Rikerslade DONE

3. DeadManWonderLand vs. Tazzila88 DONE

4. Solo vs. DeadManWonderLand

5. MilwaukeegHost vs. Solo

Everyone please make sure that you are participating in two unique matches within your group and post errors if you see them, just in case I made a mistake.

Note: If someone does not confirm their status in time for their debate, they will either be disqualified or we will attempt to find a replacement. Pool 1, please expect to see your match-ups to be created as early as this evening to the next few days. Debate threads will remain up for about a week depending on the activity of the debaters.
  2. Negative Knight
    Negative Knight
    I'm ready to dish out verbal ass-whoopings.

DrProof and Sonnelion, watch out .
  3. ~Puppet Master~
    ~Puppet Master~
    ~Puppet Master~ Pool 3

I am looking forward to Negative Knight vs DrProof!
  4. Varrah
  5. Prince Charles
    Prince Charles
  6. Rayder
    Looks like I'm against Prince and Champ. :y
  7. DrProof
    Mm.. Alright, I don't know this Microsoft guy, but Negative Knight good luck dad.
  8. ~Uzumaki~
    Could some of you PLEASE make our jobs easier by helping to remind debaters of their matches? I remember the screening tourney ran quite smoothly cuz KOA took it upon himself to post constant reminders on debaters profiles about their matches. I hope I can count on some of you to be just as awesome. Please and thank you.
  9. Anub
    Anub active and ready for Pool 3.
  10. 10023213

pool 2
  11. Waltz
    This should be interesting.
  12. Floydical
    Glad to see we got more members re-confirming .

Due to this waiting game of people re-confirming, we will now be conducting matches based on activity level. This means that regardless of what pool you are in, your match may be posted right away if you are active and have an active opponent. I will make a post about this, but everyone who is active right now, expect your match to be posted in the next 8 hours. We are going to blow through these early matches as fast as we can. Obviously you will still be given a week or so to conduct your debates, but we want active members to get first crack while we've got you excited.
  13. Prince Charles
    Prince Charles
    Prince Charles ready anytime

Pool 2
  14. Microsword57
    This is my first time, what time do these type of events take place? I do not want to officially sign up for this if I can not be there. I usually come onto the site late at night I could be doing something this day...
  15. Floydical
    Do not worry Micro, a match will usually last 5 days minimum. A match can also be extended due to debater request. The bottom line, now that you've confirmed you're active is to check the site at least once a day, even if its for a minute, to confirm whether or not you have a match pending. It doesn't matter when you are on or when you post your arguments, only that you are active (preferably on a daily basis or two-day basis) and debating when your matches are assigned.
  16. Microsword57
    I get it.. I guess I can try it can I get some more information. Do you guys just try to pick two characters that are relatively close in strength and assign the debaters a side or do we chose the ninjas that we want to defend? Do we both chose a Character at random and debate on why the one we chose would win?
  17. Floydical
    Round 1 consists solely of 1v1 matches that we judges created. We obviously shoot for shinobi of similar capabilities, but ultimately its up to you as debaters to prove your shinobi's skills. Sometimes, we will limit one or both of the combatants to even the field, but again a big component of a debate is your individual strategy, so your work as a debater will ultimately decide if you gain the approval of the judges, no matter what 2 shinobi your match includes.
  18. Piratefish
    Ready and waiting in ferocious anticipation.

Pool 1.
  19. Floydical
    The first 4 matches that we could arrange have been posted. We got some good matches in store and I feel a couple of them made their way to the surface already. Again, once 2 confirmed active members are established, we form the matches as soon as possible regardless of pool groupings. Again, as of now, we are looking for replacements for members that seem as if they will not make it here in a timely manner.

Please, anyone that has not reconfirmed their active status in the tournament, please utilize this thread to do so. The longer we go with no-shows, the more active replacements will be sent in.
  20. Champ
    Confused I am. Rules I didn't read. So do I have to wait and see if Danzo loses and I debate the winner, or do I have I debate both Danzo & Puppy?
Page 1 of 3 123 Last»