Pooling Match-ups and Confirmations

1. Floydical
    Floydical
    Sovereign and Q of the Sharingan will be replaced by our last two alternates. Since that is the last round one match, both of you please expect your match to be posted tomorrow.
  2. Solo
    Solo -in detention-
  3. DeadManWonderLand
    DeadManWonderLand
    Today was the final day in the extension of my match against Tazilla88 Can you make a Round 2 pool up soon.And add names to it as time goes by.
    I think it would give a vibe that says things are still moving as scheduled because right now it seems slow and uneven.
  4. DeadManWonderLand
    DeadManWonderLand
    Today was the final day in the extension of my match against Tazilla88 Can you make a Round 2 pool threaad soon.And add names to it as time goes by.
    I think it would give a vibe that says things are still moving as scheduled because right now it seems slow and uneven.
  5. Floydical
    Floydical
    I understand the concern. I was hoping to get most if not all the judging done before posting the second matches but that may not happen. Expect new debate threads to be made by tomorrow night. Do expect to see innactive members to be discarded from the tourney so that more un-debated matches do not happen.

In addition, expect some matches to be reformed so your second match may not be the same as the ones already posted.
  6. LolaxXx
    Im waiting for Tobispawn.
  7. Floydical
    Floydical
    After giving it some thought, I am going to leave the pools as they are. However, 3 members are now considered inactive so some pools will have 5 debaters instead of 6. In these pools, the matches that ended in a disqualification will not be credited to the victor. Instead, the matches that included the dropped member will be reformed. With this method, every person will still get 2 matches against active debaters to keep things more fair.

Keep an eye out for the changes to the matches.
  8. LolaxXx
    when do I go again?
  9. Floydical
    Floydical
    Matches have been updated, please check the first post. There are 12 matches still to be posted for round 1, just as what was planned. Do remember, that matches resulting in a DQ will not be counted for scoring and every debater involved in one of those matches still have 2 matches waiting for them.
  10. Anub
    Anub
    Does this mean that some debaters will have 3 matches?
  11. Floydical
    Floydical
    Indeed, but only those who were involved in a DQ match will have 3. The 2 that move on from each group will still be graded on their 2 ACTIVE debates.

NK, 10023213 and Solo expect your first reformed match tonight.
  12. Anub
    Anub
    But surely if the number of debaters that won via DQ is an odd number, then they can't be debating against each other (not all anyway) and thus need to debate against someone who already has 2 matches on their schedule.
  13. Floydical
    Floydical
    Not when one other person in that group is getting one of their matches dropped because I have removed innactive members from the tournement. Essentially, I am eliminating 2 matches from the groups that have an inactive member but adding one new one. I gave this quite a bit of thought before posting it and think I've worked out internal bugs like that. If anyone finds a flaw with the new matches I posted in the OP, let me know.
  14. Anub
    Anub
    I see now. Well I think it looks good. Having 5 people in the affected pools seems to be the right move.

I have a request though If possible, just for better visibility and such, can someone create a thread that follows the standings and keep it up to date? I wouldn't mind doing it (or I guess most people here won't) if you guys are too busy with setting up matches and keep this thing running.
  15. Floydical
    Floydical
    I was thinking about doing that soon, so ya that's no problem, I will make it.
  16. Floydical
    Floydical
    Since Champ dropped out, someone from pool 3 will be moved to pool 2. This will make all pools equal.
  17. Floydical
    Floydical
    Here is the new break-down for pools 2 and 3:

Pool 2 Match-ups:

1. The Great Uchiha vs. 10023213

2. Prince Charles vs. Varrah DONE

3. Danzo vs. Prince Charles

4. Varrah vs. 10023213

5. TheGreatUchiha vs. Danzo

Pool 3 Match-ups:

1. LolaxXx vs. Anub

2. ~Puppet Master~ vs. Profontaine

3. ~Puppet Master~ vs. TobisPawn DONE

4. Profontaine vs. Anub DONE

5. LolaxXx vs. TobisPawn
  18. Anub
    Anub
    One questions arises now:

Does that mean Lola's previous match is disconsidered, or will you keep it into consideration for when you decide who moves on to the next phase in the tourney? Same goes for Danzo.
  19. Floydical
    Floydical
    Yes, I have to consider those matches still, but I think that is a better alternative to having 2 pools of an odd size. Things won't be as cut and dry now that pools have been reformatted, but I think it keeps it fair for those moving on to round 2. But yes, we will consider all matches that were debated as part of who moves on.
  20. Floydical
    Floydical
    Just to let everyone know, Piratefish vs. Kirikoe and Negative Knight vs. KidGamer65 will be posted tomorrow night once I have discussed a couple of things with the other judges.

Sorry for the delay.
Page 3 of 3 « First 123