Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 138
  1. #1
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    What people don't understand.............

    Alright.......everything that is said in this thread is from the heart:

    I have heard way too much of this particular statement on NB, although I consider myself to be relatively in control of my emotions and thoughts, I must admit that it's getting to me.

    The statement in question is...

    Tobi was cooler than Obito.


    First of all, let me portray my true feelings towards this statement and the people who make it....

    :sy:

    :flaw:



    Now let me explain in short, why that statement is a sure sign of complete ignorance and a total lack of understanding for the author's motives and the story itself......

    In the simplest form, The Masked Man or Tobi, was Madara. You see, Obito had a job to do, given to him by the real Madara. No matter what his true feelings were towards the world and it's inhabitants, he had to MAKE SURE, with his actions and demeanour, that the world perceived him as the true Uchiha Madara.

    That was priority number 1

    For only a man of Madara's stature and reputation, could influence someone like Nagato and make his words believable. Because the world knows, that Uchiha Madara is not a man to be trifled with or taken lightly.

    He had a few things going for him as well, his Kamui. One of the strongest Mangekyou Sharingan techniques and the cells of probably one of the strongest men that ever lived and equally reputed as Madara, Senju Hashirama.

    These powers somewhat made it easy for Obito to project immense strength and ability, and made people believe even more that he was Madara.

    The hard part, was to act like Madara. Madara is arrogant and cunning but most of all.....Madara is the coolest person in the entire NV, by which I mean, he projects a completely calm and cool personality in all situations, even the ones that aren't in his favor. Madara never gets worked up or emotional.

    That was the most important thing for Obito to project with the mask on, an attitude that said, he had the upper hand, he was in control and he had nothing to worry about. Even if things weren't going well for him. After all, he had the greatest escape tactic in the entire NV, which is intangibility and instant transportation, Kamui.

    That is why in the Land of Iron, when he was standing right next to the man who killed Rin.......Kakashi, he calmly answered all their questions, he didn't once show his true emotions, he just casually had a chat with Naruto as Madara, and left with style and a polite goodbye.

    His greatest act came in front of Sasuke, where he had to establish himself as the man who knew all, in order to gain Sasuke's trust. So that he could mix in his lies with the truth to manipulate Sasuke's actions carefully, and send him after Konoha and the Kage Summit.

    BUT YOU SEE, ALL OF THAT^ IS NOT THE REAL MAN WHO WAS BEHIND THE MASK!

    Obito is a different man from Madara, but not by much.

    We get a glimpse of his true self against his fight with Konan, when he reveals his ugly, angrier side for a small moment:

    "There is no peace, there can be no hope."

    When the mask came off, and there was no more need to pretend, Obito's true personality surfaced!

    It means that not only did the removal of the mask reveal his face, but also who he really was on the inside!

    This particular change, is Kishi's writing at its absolute finest! Many people failed to see that.


    Obito is a much angrier, more ruthless man. He doesn't feel anymore need to keep his emotions under control. He lets himself go at times, you have seen this, when he mercilessly assaults Kakashi upon hearing Rin's name from his mouth.

    When he makes it known loudly and clearly, that he finds their current reality to be a useless failure of a world, which keeps producing trash like himself and Kakashi.

    He declares, that he will stop at nothing to erase this pathetic reality from existence at any and all cost.


    Uchiha Obito is arguably one of Kishimoto Masashi's greatest works as a writer, the other one being Naruto.

    I wanted to make sure you knew that and I hope you learned something from this.



     
         
    Last edited by iSpeak the Truth; 02-02-2013 at 09:53 PM.

  2. #2
    Konohas Flasher Narutohokage7's Avatar
    Status
    Narutohokage7 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Chilling with Roshi, Sanji, Brook and Jiraiya at bathhouses.
    Posts
    8,784
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does DNA stand for?
    National Dyslexic Association
    ofc!l
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    You do have a point.
     
         

  3. #3
    Panda The Western Wheel's Avatar
    Status
    The Western Wheel is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    2,046
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hungry for Bamboo
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Did not learn... imo people may like who they want.

    Did like your thread though...
     
         

  4. #4
    Fastest thing alive Youth and Full power's Avatar
    Status
    Youth and Full power is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Green Hill Zone / Mobius
    Posts
    5,218
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fastest thing alive.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    That was beautiful.
     
         

  5. #5
    You will burn Veritas. Sir Blades of Chaos's Avatar
    Status
    Sir Blades of Chaos is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    You would never guess, but its at my house ;)
    Posts
    15,573
    Post Thanks / Like
    #TH United.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    i dont disagree with you but, try to make the knuckleheads here to understand.
     
         

  6. #6
    Banned
    Status
    Fecal Matter is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    6,948
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bypassing ban.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    From now on i'll call Obito Tobi
     
         

  7. #7
    Gon Freecs NinjaKid114's Avatar
    Status
    NinjaKid114 is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Adventuring with Killua
    Posts
    3,258
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jajenken!
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    I liked it man, Your absolutely right.
     
         

  8. #8
    Twisted Scientist Frankenstein's Avatar
    Status
    Frankenstein is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    A hot place
    Posts
    3,975
    Post Thanks / Like
    They say I 'm a troubled boy,
    just because I like to
    destroy, all the things that
    bring the idiots joy. Well,
    what's wrong with a little
    destruction?
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    I see your point, but many people just like that calm Tobi more that the real , more emotional Obito.
    You can't blame them for that.
     
         

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Status
    Kages is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    16,510
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    But Tobi was a good boy
     
         

  10. #10
    Epic Member Imperius's Avatar
    Status
    Imperius is offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Gourmet World
    Posts
    1,798
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by iSpeak the Truth View Post
    Alright.......everything that is said in this thread is from the heart:

    I have heard way too much of this particular statement on NB, although I consider myself to be relatively in control of my emotions and thoughts, I must admit that it's getting to me.

    The statement in question is...

    Tobi was cooler than Obito.


    First of all, let me portray my true feelings towards this statement and the people who make it....

    :sy:

    :flaw:



    Now let me explain in short, why that statement is a sure sign of complete ignorance and a total lack of understanding for the author's motives and the story itself......

    In the simplest form, The Masked Man or Tobi, was Madara. You see, Obito had a job to do, given to him by the real Madara. No matter what his true feelings were towards the world and it's inhabitants, he had to MAKE SURE, with his actions and demeanour, that the world perceived him as the true Uchiha Madara.

    That was priority number 1

    For only a man of Madara's stature and reputation, could influence someone like Nagato and make his words believable. Because the world knows, that Uchiha Madara is not a man to be trifled with or taken lightly.

    He had a few things going for him as well, his Kamui. One of the strongest Mangekyou Sharingan techniques and the cells of probably one of the strongest men that ever lived and equally reputed as Madara, Senju Hashirama.

    These powers somewhat made it easy for Obito to project immense strength and ability, and made people believe even more that he was Madara.

    The hard part, was to act like Madara. Madara is arrogant and cunning but most of all.....Madara is the coolest person in the entire NV, by which I mean, he projects a completely calm and cool personality in all situations, even the ones that aren't in his favor. Madara never gets worked up or emotional.

    That was the most important thing for Obito to project with the mask on, an attitude that said, he had the upper hand, he was in control and he had nothing to worry about. Even if things weren't going well for him. After all, he had the greatest escape tactic in the entire NV, which is intangibility and instant transportation, Kamui.

    That is why in the Land of Iron, when he was standing right next to the man who killed Rin.......Kakashi, he calmly answered all their questions, he didn't once show his true emotions, he just casually had a chat with Naruto as Madara, and left with style and a polite goodbye.

    His greatest act came in front of Sasuke, where he had to establish himself as the man who knew all, in order to gain Sasuke's trust. So that he could mix in his lies with the truth to manipulate Sasuke's actions carefully, and send him after Konoha and the Kage Summit.

    BUT YOU SEE, ALL OF THAT^ IS NOT THE REAL MAN WHO WAS BEHIND THE MASK!

    Obito is a different man from Madara, but not by much.

    We get a glimpse of his true self against his fight with Konan, when he reveals his ugly, angrier side for a small moment:

    "There is no peace, there can be no hope."

    When the mask came off, and there was no more need to pretend, Obito's true personality surfaced!

    It means that not only did the mask reveal his face, but also who he really was on the inside!

    This particular change, is Kishi's writing at its absolute finest! Many people failed to see that.


    Obito is a much angrier, more ruthless man. He doesn't feel anymore need to keep his emotions under control. He lets himself go at times, you have seen this, when he mercilessly assaults Kakashi upon hearing Rin's name from his mouth.

    When he makes it known loudly and clearly, that he finds their current reality to be a useless failure of a world, which keeps producing trash like himself and Kakashi.

    He declares, that he will stop at nothing to erase this pathtic reality from existence at any and all cost.


    Uchiha Obito is arguably one of Kishimoto Masashi's greatest works as a writer, the other one being Naruto.

    I wanted to make sure you knew that and I hope you learned something from this.



    well then, obito's personality sucks
     
         

  11. #11
    (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Mr. Outside's Avatar
    Status
    Mr. Outside is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa.
    Posts
    9,058
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you belonged to a political
    party or a social club that
    was tied to as much bigotry,
    misogyny, homophobia,
    violence, and sheer ignorance
    as religion is, you'd resign
    in protest.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    I guess he IS Tobi then.
     
         

  12. #12
    Senior Member Retsu's Avatar
    Status
    Retsu is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,974
    Post Thanks / Like
    U know the Rama's bring the
    drama
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............



    I loved this thread and I agree 100% Obito is doing exactly what he said he would, he is living out those words he said right here
     
         

  13. #13
    Heart of a Lion. HiraishinFTG's Avatar
    Status
    HiraishinFTG is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    THE Ohio State University / Hometown- Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    570
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're lucky I even deign to
    respond to you ;)
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    I never really like Tobi or Obito, not that I'm saying one is "cooler" than the other, as per your statement. I just think Obito has some truly selfish motives but I recognize he has his place in the story. You can't deny he's gonna get defeated though, cause his ideal is so out of wack, as is Madara's.
     
         

  14. #14
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by HiraishinFTG View Post
    I never really like Tobi or Obito, not that I'm saying one is "cooler" than the other, as per your statement. I just think Obito has some truly selfish motives but I recognize he has his place in the story. You can't deny he's gonna get defeated though, cause his ideal is so out of wack, as is Madara's.
    No doubt.
     
         

  15. #15
    Hellsing member Lentz's Avatar
    Status
    Lentz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    3,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    I like Tobi more than Obito. I don't really give a sh*t about emotional/psychological depth of his story or whatever poetic meaning somebody would attribute to his mask coming off. Not to mention that this is drawn character we are speaking of, there is no need to go full emo because of that.

    Tobi - cooler than Obito in my book. Don't like it? Fu*k off.

    No offense.
     
         

  16. #16
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Trickster View Post
    You realize this all depends on personal taste, right? No matter what you say, they'll keep holding onto their opinion because in the end, it is nothing more than a matter of opinion :shrug:
    No, most of it has to do with ignorance. People didn't understand the writer's true intentions with the removal of the mask.
     
         

  17. #17
    Naruto = Sasuke two fates's Avatar
    Status
    two fates is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    in the world of supernaturals
    Posts
    1,390
    Post Thanks / Like
    what should i have to write
    here ???
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Im also one those guys who said that but completely agree your right sir , Thank you
     
         

  18. #18
    Hellsing member Lentz's Avatar
    Status
    Lentz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    3,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    You gave me rep +, mate. Thanks.
     
         

  19. #19
    Senior Member yellowxflash's Avatar
    Status
    yellowxflash is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,405
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Tobi was cooler.... Frezas brother
     
         

  20. #20
    Senior Member MrLukyso's Avatar
    Status
    MrLukyso is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,041
    Post Thanks / Like
    Legends live Forever.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    True. In my eyes I like Obito more, why is that? After removal of Mask we know who he is, how he acts, what he feels and all that stuff. In my opinion, Tobi is nothing more than Wannabe Madara Uchiha. Obito Uchiha has his own minds and powers although almost all of it is still from Madara's, but he's finally showing who he is.
     
         

  21. #21
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Napkin View Post
    TL;DR.
    NS;OT.
     
         

  22. #22
    ~Team Taka~ UchihaBrothers's Avatar
    Status
    UchihaBrothers is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    With Team Taka
    Posts
    4,982
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still Hanging:O
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Um it's our opinion not ignorance.
     
         

  23. #23
    Hellsing member Lentz's Avatar
    Status
    Lentz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Posts
    3,902
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Trickster View Post
    You don't know that. Sorry, people will have different preferences than you in life. Just because you think something is cool, does not mean all other people who don't think the same "just don't get it". If everyone had the same tastes the world would be bland and generic. You should be glad you have the opportunity to debate with these people instead of brushing it off as ignorance.
    This.

    Honestly, the thread poster only deserves to be laughed at. For trying to impose his opinion upon others, and for going full emo because of imaginary drawn characters.
     
         

  24. #24
    In detention iSpeak the Truth's Avatar
    Status
    iSpeak the Truth is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson Trickster View Post
    You don't know that. Sorry, people will have different preferences than you in life. Just because you think something is cool, does not mean all other people who don't think the same "just don't get it". If everyone had the same tastes the world would be bland and generic. You should be glad you have the opportunity to debate with these people instead of brushing it off as ignorance.
    I don't see any debates, mostly I see people realising what I've said just now. And I'm sure there are many many more. And all this effort, honestly, will be in vain. Because the people who do say that, probably don't have the mental capacity to understand what I've written anyway. That's MY opinion.
     
         

  25. #25
    Respected and Feared KingHashirama's Avatar
    Status
    KingHashirama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    19,032
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flamio sir, flam-i-o
     

    Re: What people don't understand.............

    lost me on "equally reputed as Madara Uchiha and Hashirama Senju"... Obito is not reputed equal to the greatness of those 2.
     
         

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •