Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member Drakengard's Avatar
    Status
    Drakengard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,221
    Post Thanks / Like
    HashiramaWankLord... return
    and save us all!
     

    Akiyama Shinichi vs. Light Yagami

    Light Yagami


    Akiyama Shinichi


    Look pretty similar don't they?

    For those who read both the Liar Game and Death Note, who..

    Do you like better?
    Do you think is smarter?
    And alternatively, how far do you think either of them would go in each other's shoes? Light starting off with helping Nao and Akiyama inheriting Light's main idea. Of course they can go about things differently with their different attitudes but let's keep things simple.

    I truly like Akiyama more (probably obvious by my signature) but I do think Light has more charisma to him. Although I also feel like Light has more of an arrogant attitude. I don't think Akiyama would take some of the dramatic steps he did like killing Lind L. Tailor. But this could just be because the Death Note gave Light a "god like" persona (which made him cocky). On the opposite end, I can see Light getting past the Revival Round but beating Yokoya would be a true challenge.
     
         

  2. #2
    tailedfox Madara55's Avatar
    Status
    Madara55 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    hosigakure
    Posts
    346
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sealed within a biju
     

    Re: Akiyama Shinichi vs. Light Yagami

    Light yagami rules
     
         

  3. #3
    Member Sasomin Dukhazunta's Avatar
    Status
    Sasomin Dukhazunta is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    narutobase.net
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Still standin'
     

    Re: Akiyama Shinichi vs. Light Yagami

    Light Yagami with the DEATH NOTE rules...
     
         

  4. #4
    Senior Member Lilvic92's Avatar
    Status
    Lilvic92 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Going to find "the one who knows everything".
    Posts
    1,295
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Akiyama Shinichi vs. Light Yagami

    Kira solos
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member Supermacaquecool's Avatar
    Status
    Supermacaquecool is offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mexico city
    Posts
    3,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ñañañañaña
     

    Re: Akiyama Shinichi vs. Light Yagami

    Quote Originally Posted by Lilvic92 View Post
    Kira solos
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasomin Dukhazunta View Post
    Light Yagami with the DEATH NOTE rules...
    Quote Originally Posted by Madara55 View Post
    Light yagami rules
    Do you guys even know who's Akiyama?
    Honestly, the story would be kind of awkward in both cases. While Akiyma does think bad of human nature, he isn't as arrogant as Light (as ya said)...So I don't see Akiyama imposing his own ideas to every one else...but supposing he would, I believe Akiyama would be more careful than Light...since Akiyama has shown in several occasion a healthy doubt about his own abilities (like in the Minority game. He knew his strategy was very effective on most of ppl, but just in case some 1 would be clever enough as to trick every 1 he kept his eyes wide open). Akiyama usually studies carefully to his opponent before striking, and that's why I think he might be superior to Light (yeah! Being patient helps ).
    On the other hand, imagining Light helping Nao makes rofl a little. Anyhow, he certainly would find him self cornered since the trust Nao has on Akiyama was a decisive factor to win over Yokoya...Light doesn't seem to value trust that much >.>
     
         

  6. #6
    Member Miles vi Britannia's Avatar
    Status
    Miles vi Britannia is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Akiyama Shinichi vs. Light Yagami

    I don't think any of you have read Liar Game, because it's blatantly obvious that Akiyama utterly stomps on anything Light has ever done.

    Akiyama's sheer intelligence is probably the greatest I have seen in any anime/manga character. In terms of strategy and genius, Akiyama is superior to Light by far. Second Revival Round with 17 Poker and the Third Round in particular show how intelligent Akiyama is. Light could by no means pull of the same feats Akiyama did in those situations.

    It also helps that Akiyama is not nearly as arrogant as Light is. Light makes terrible, terrible blunders by virtue of the fact that his pride makes him do stupid things to make himself feel better. Akiyama is never bogged down that badly and it helps him a good deal because of it.

    It is true that I like Akiyama more so I am biased, but if anything it's BECAUSE he's that smart that I like him so much. Akiyama has gained my respect as the smartest character I have ever seen, and the fact that in sheer intelligence I would consider him superior to even Lelouch shows just how intelligent he is.

    Light in Akiyama's situation would be problematic. Light would start off doing well I presume, but once he gets to the later rounds there's no way he could manage, he needs a lot more prep time for his intelligence to show than the on-the-spot rounds of the Liar Game require of him. Light is pretty much screwed for Round 3 as far as I'm aware, topping Yokoya in a game like that just isn't gonna happen. Even if he did, Light would not be able to win his part of the Second Revival Round, though I guess if we just account for Fukunaga and Nao then they'd still win by majority victory and all. Everything after that though is too much for him.

    Akiyama probably wouldn't go as far as Light did by virtue of his personality, though I suppose if he DOES get that badly corrupted, he has the potential to actually go all the way and win. Prep and sheer genius ability are much stronger in Akiyama than in Light, and without terrible arrogance Akiyama could actually do it.
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member Supermacaquecool's Avatar
    Status
    Supermacaquecool is offline
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Mexico city
    Posts
    3,439
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ñañañañaña
     

    Re: Akiyama Shinichi vs. Light Yagami

    Quote Originally Posted by Miles vi Britannia View Post
    I don't think any of you have read Liar Game, because it's blatantly obvious that Akiyama utterly stomps on anything Light has ever done.

    Akiyama's sheer intelligence is probably the greatest I have seen in any anime/manga character. In terms of strategy and genius, Akiyama is superior to Light by far. Second Revival Round with 17 Poker and the Third Round in particular show how intelligent Akiyama is. Light could by no means pull of the same feats Akiyama did in those situations.

    It also helps that Akiyama is not nearly as arrogant as Light is. Light makes terrible, terrible blunders by virtue of the fact that his pride makes him do stupid things to make himself feel better. Akiyama is never bogged down that badly and it helps him a good deal because of it.

    It is true that I like Akiyama more so I am biased, but if anything it's BECAUSE he's that smart that I like him so much. Akiyama has gained my respect as the smartest character I have ever seen, and the fact that in sheer intelligence I would consider him superior to even Lelouch shows just how intelligent he is.

    Light in Akiyama's situation would be problematic. Light would start off doing well I presume, but once he gets to the later rounds there's no way he could manage, he needs a lot more prep time for his intelligence to show than the on-the-spot rounds of the Liar Game require of him. Light is pretty much screwed for Round 3 as far as I'm aware, topping Yokoya in a game like that just isn't gonna happen. Even if he did, Light would not be able to win his part of the Second Revival Round, though I guess if we just account for Fukunaga and Nao then they'd still win by majority victory and all. Everything after that though is too much for him.

    Akiyama probably wouldn't go as far as Light did by virtue of his personality, though I suppose if he DOES get that badly corrupted, he has the potential to actually go all the way and win. Prep and sheer genius ability are much stronger in Akiyama than in Light, and without terrible arrogance Akiyama could actually do it.
    Bold: Wow...that's a strong statement... You really believe Akiyama is the smartest manga chara o_o (As for me... I hadn't read/watch many manga/animes that have charas with incredibly intellect...so I can't really tell if he's the smartest, but I agree he's absolutely a genius.)
     
         

  8. #8
    Member Miles vi Britannia's Avatar
    Status
    Miles vi Britannia is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Akiyama Shinichi vs. Light Yagami

    Quote Originally Posted by Supermacaquecool View Post
    Bold: Wow...that's a strong statement... You really believe Akiyama is the smartest manga chara o_o (As for me... I hadn't read/watch many manga/animes that have charas with incredibly intellect...so I can't really tell if he's the smartest, but I agree he's absolutely a genius.)
    Yeah as far as I've seen Akiyama is the smartest, though Lelouch is probably second place. The two do have pretty different ways of intelligence but in terms of brain power and overall genius Akiyama tops the list for me, his most impressive feats are probably the greatest I have ever seen. Lelouch makes a few blunders at times, not terrible ones by any means but I'd say a little bit more than Akiyama. He's still really intelligent regardless though.

    Light is smart but in terms of Death Note characters I'd put L above him when it comes to intelligence. L isn't nearly as arrogant and he's a lot less reliant on resources. He DOES have the police (well, the little bit of what's left of it) with him and all but everyone knows that L carries the force more than anything there. Light's intelligence is certainly key but he's heavily reliant on Misa, Rem, Death Note technicalities, etc. for his own success, while L is much less dependent on outside sources for his own plans. Even L is below Lelouch in my opinion though.
     
         

  9. #9
    Senior Member Drakengard's Avatar
    Status
    Drakengard is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    4,221
    Post Thanks / Like
    HashiramaWankLord... return
    and save us all!
     

    Re: Akiyama Shinichi vs. Light Yagami

    Hey Miles you still haven't seen the latest round have you? Pretty good round if I say so myself. Possibly one of his greatest feats yet [IMG]http://www.*****************/images/smilies/series3/2z7exox.png[/IMG]
    When you say Akiyama wouldn't get as far based off his personality, do you mean that he'd be too virtuous to abuse the Death Note and die because of it or am I getting the wrong idea?

    But yes I do agree that it does seem like an awkward position for them to take. I guess it would have been better to make a situation where Rem forces him to save Nao from the Liar Game or something of that nature. I wonder if Light would end up agreeing or disagreeing with Yokoya's idea of domination. He's supposed to be a virtuous guy but still..

    And @super I heavily agree with the fact that Akiyama rarely underestimates the enemy, unlike Light as seen against Near and probably some other instances that I'm forgetting. I kind of skimmed through the manga of DN so for any readers, does the manga portray Light better than the anime or are they pretty much the same?
     
         

  10. #10
    Member Miles vi Britannia's Avatar
    Status
    Miles vi Britannia is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Akiyama Shinichi vs. Light Yagami

    Quote Originally Posted by Drakengard View Post
    Hey Miles you still haven't seen the latest round have you? Pretty good round if I say so myself. Possibly one of his greatest feats yet [IMG]http://www.*****************/images/smilies/series3/2z7exox.png[/IMG]
    When you say Akiyama wouldn't get as far based off his personality, do you mean that he'd be too virtuous to abuse the Death Note and die because of it or am I getting the wrong idea?

    But yes I do agree that it does seem like an awkward position for them to take. I guess it would have been better to make a situation where Rem forces him to save Nao from the Liar Game or something of that nature. I wonder if Light would end up agreeing or disagreeing with Yokoya's idea of domination. He's supposed to be a virtuous guy but still..

    And @super I heavily agree with the fact that Akiyama rarely underestimates the enemy, unlike Light as seen against Near and probably some other instances that I'm forgetting. I kind of skimmed through the manga of DN so for any readers, does the manga portray Light better than the anime or are they pretty much the same?
    So Akiyama gets even better then? Can't wait to see it, guess I've got more motivation to catch up to all the stuff I'm behind on.

    And not quite, more along the lines of he wouldn't be quite as dedicated/severe with his goal as Light because it's not in his personality to eradicate the world of criminals and such. If anything it would probably help him since if he's less fixated on it he won't have to worry about drawing as much attention to himself. But because of how he is, I heavily doubt he'd go as far as wanting to "become God of the New World" or anything like that. If his corruption does take him that far though, no doubt he could win as he would not fail in ways Light had.

    If it comes to that scenario then it just depends on how he can persuade Nao, as I recall Nao could've gotten out of the Liar Game pretty early on but because of her feelings she stuck with it, and Akiyama was a good man and supported her to the end. If Light could get her out of the game by that point then it would work out. If they're stuck to Round 3 and on though, Light's gonna have a difficult (if not impossible) struggle to deal with. It's hard to say if he would side with Yokoya because of the ideals or oppose him to prove that he can do better.

    And I never completely watched through the anime (though I have seen most of it in bits across the years) but I'd say it's probably about the same, Light's quite arrogant in the manga and he very much has a problem with underestimating his opponents. It's his key flaw in the manga and probably the same in the anime as well.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •