Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Sep 2010
    Got Married!

why use Mugetsu??

Why did Ichigo use his final getsuga tenshu(mugetsu) when he easily and obviously overpowered Aizen in so many ways , couldn't he simply cut him in half with his getsuga tenshu????

What do you think guys.....

Please no flaming or cussing whatsoever

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Re: why use Mugetsu??

maybe because they wanted the make the fight a little more dramatic so they added the Mugetsu..?

Status
    Jan 2011
    sara is the best

because he wanted to reach aizen to his limits, and this is the only way he could do it.. it is not like he got immortal from his training on the final getsuga. in his fight with aizen, he was indeed more powerful, but that doesn't mean he didn't tire at all..

Status
    Sep 2010
    Got Married!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLuxAng View Post
    maybe because they wanted the make the fight a little more dramatic so they added the Mugetsu..?
    Dude but it's kinda stupid to lose his shinigami powers just for that

Quote Originally Posted by toxious View Post
    because he wanted to reach aizen to his limits, and this is the only way he could do it.. it is not like he got immortal from his training on the final getsuga. in his fight with aizen, he was indeed more powerful, but that doesn't mean he didn't tire at all..
    Okay you have a point there , but Ichigo after acquiring the final getsuga , got a massive power increase , Aizen was no match for him AT ALL , he shattered kurohitsugi with just swinging his hands , and his zanpaktou could change the shape of the land with just a swing........i'm not saying that he is immortal , but from the outlook of the battle , there's an obvious power gap between their strength , Ichigo could easily push Aizen to his limits without using the final getsuga.......

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

his shinigami power is BACK ;P ....

i think ...
    i don't know why ! ... but i think because he wanted to end the fighting quickly ...

Status
    Sep 2010
    Got Married!

Quote Originally Posted by MaSsMoOsAa View Post
    his shinigami power is BACK ;P ....

i think ...
    i don't know why ! ... but i think because he wanted to end the fighting quickly ...
    His shinigami powers aren't restored yet but it will be soon i think

well you maybe right since he said it himself , but it's still a stupid reason to lose his shinigami powers after being powerful

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Crow ... Even after he used the Final Getsuga Tenshou Aizen lived ... he was sealed by Urahara so ... what does that mean ... Aizen has really become more than just a Shinigami ... The question that is more interesting is who is mugetsu and will we see Ichigo using the tech again but this time with more control so he doesnt lose anything

Status
    Sep 2010
    Got Married!

Quote Originally Posted by ~+h0lLy-cRab+~ View Post
    Crow ... Even after he used the Final Getsuga Tenshou Aizen lived ... he was sealed by Urahara so ... what does that mean ... Aizen has really become more than just a Shinigami ... The question that is more interesting is who is mugetsu and will we see Ichigo using the tech again but this time with more control so he doesnt lose anything
    yeah i know that , but he just cut Aizen in half with the final getsuga , he could've cut him in half with just his sword or getsuga tenshu the standered one.

I think we all expect to see Ichigo using mugetsu again and maybe his fullbring can allow him to keep his shinigami powers instead of losing it....

Status
    Jan 2011
    sara is the best

Quote Originally Posted by ~Crow~ View Post
    Okay you have a point there , but Ichigo after acquiring the final getsuga , got a massive power increase , Aizen was no match for him AT ALL , he shattered kurohitsugi with just swinging his hands , and his zanpaktou could change the shape of the land with just a swing........i'm not saying that he is immortal , but from the outlook of the battle , there's an obvious power gap between their strength , Ichigo could easily push Aizen to his limits without using the final getsuga.......
    plus, I really think he wanted to lose his shinigami powers, I mean, he did like fighting but his fighting all time maybe scared him, so he wanted to return to normal.
    Plus final getsuga tenshou was the only way to defeat aizen (maybe just by learning it you lose your shinigami powers at some point, and not by the technique Mugetsu, coz final is learnt by contacting your zanpakutoh while in bankai, like an emergency contact)

Status
    Sep 2010
    Got Married!

Quote Originally Posted by toxious View Post
    plus, I really think he wanted to lose his shinigami powers, I mean, he did like fighting but his fighting all time maybe scared him, so he wanted to return to normal.
    Plus final getsuga tenshou was the only way to defeat aizen (maybe just by learning it you lose your shinigami powers at some point, and not by the technique Mugetsu, coz final is learnt by contacting your zanpakutoh while in bankai, like an emergency contact)
    dude read this (Ichigo is shown in a new from. He explains to Aizen that the Final Getsuga Tenshō means becoming The Getsuga itself. He further details if he uses this technique then he loses all of his Shinigami power. That is the meaning of "Final".) this is from the bleach wikia , it states that if Ichigo USES the technique he loses all his shinigami powers but it doesn't neccessarily mean that Ichigo has to lost his shinigami powers just for learning it , if that was true that he has to learn his shinigami powers if he learned it then he won't be able to get his shinigami powers again.....also i doubt it that he wanted to lose his shinigami powers , he maybe is scared of fighting , but losing his shinigami powers means that he can't go to soul society again , he can't see Rukia again , he can't defeat any hollows and protect his friends and loved ones which was his resolve since his mother died , i really think that the whole losing his shinigami powers for just a technique like that is just stupid , the technique isn't even that powerful...

Status
    Feb 2011
    Saving the world once again

because im just sooo awesome

Status
    Sep 2010
    Got Married!

Quote Originally Posted by Mugetsu View Post
    because im just sooo awesome
    yeah you are

Status
    Sep 2010
    This user has no status.

i recon he wanted to be on the safe side and make sure he finishes aizen off so tht he defs didnt come back

Honesty is all I know. DeathPulse16's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2010
    :( those were my ghysal greens
    mr. chocobo. :(

As stated above, he wanted the fighting to be over with. hes that kinda guy

Status
    Oct 2010
    ALL HAIL BEST SARA

Quote Originally Posted by ~Crow~ View Post
    dude read this (Ichigo is shown in a new from. He explains to Aizen that the Final Getsuga Tenshō means becoming The Getsuga itself. He further details if he uses this technique then he loses all of his Shinigami power. That is the meaning of "Final".) this is from the bleach wikia , it states that if Ichigo USES the technique he loses all his shinigami powers but it doesn't neccessarily mean that Ichigo has to lost his shinigami powers just for learning it , if that was true that he has to learn his shinigami powers if he learned it then he won't be able to get his shinigami powers again.....also i doubt it that he wanted to lose his shinigami powers , he maybe is scared of fighting , but losing his shinigami powers means that he can't go to soul society again , he can't see Rukia again , he can't defeat any hollows and protect his friends and loved ones which was his resolve since his mother died , i really think that the whole losing his shinigami powers for just a technique like that is just stupid , the technique isn't even that powerful...
    All your statements here are true, but they don't change the facts that he did use mugetsu. I think he used the ability to just get everything over with or, as stated before, it was just a twist in the end to build up the suspense.

I just hope that he somewhat respects / communicates more with Zangetsu, because I found that somewhat lacking in the previous arcs, only calling upon him when he needed Zangetsu...

Status
    Sep 2010
    This user has no status.

ya no doubt the old man has saved him alot lol

Status
    Dec 2010
    This user has no status.

I think , because he wanted finish v.fast and because he is boring

Status
    Oct 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesobi View Post
    All your statements here are true, but they don't change the facts that he did use mugetsu. I think he used the ability to just get everything over with or, as stated before, it was just a twist in the end to build up the suspense.

I just hope that he somewhat respects / communicates more with Zangetsu, because I found that somewhat lacking in the previous arcs, only calling upon him when he needed Zangetsu...
    Yeah i agree with you on that, maybe with that he would have been more powerful

Status
    Oct 2010
    This user has no status.

Aizen was so cocky, feeling big and powerful!!! i Hate him

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Every time after being stabbed with a sword Aizen evolved cuz of hogyoku, no matter if Aizen was at his limit or no, hogyoku gave him power instanly so Urahara's kidou didn't work plus Aizen got stronger everytime and during the battle he could become even stronger then Ichigo.
    So Ichigo needed to get to limit not Aizen, but hogyoku itslef (but still in anime Urahara said that Ichi got Aizen to his limit but not hogyoku so im probably mistakening). It's power is supposed to be abolute so it cant be beaten with a normal sword and common getsuga tensho.

I thot of it myself cuz i could't accept the idea of using mugetsu in a situation when Ichi could easily pwn Aizen
    I've got another question which is more interesting for me: if hogyoku's power is absolute ( i assume that mugetsu is almost absolute too thats why hogyoku couldn't "repair" Aizen instanly, it took a few second for it to recover its power), but how Urahara's kido could seal Aizen WITH HOGYOKU?

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

I'm aware this is an old thread but I wanted to post my opinion.

My interpretation of the reasoning behind using the Final Getsuga Tensho (FGT) was that Ichigo was at that time stronger than Aizen in every way. However, Ichigo was smart, he understood that the Hogyoku would aid Aizen in his quest for more power by transforming him continuously, increasing his power while doing so. I believe that Ichigo truly thought that the FGT would be powerful enough to end Aizen.

In terms of Ichigo's base power (Dangai) when he was fighting Aizen. You could tell that when Aizen transformed during their battle that he had begun to catch up to Ichigo. It's likely that Ichigo was also aware of this and ultimately decided to use a technique that he knew (or atleast thought) would be strong enough to over-kill him or at the very least damage him to an extent where the Hogyoku could no longer repair him.

Thats my 2 cents anyway.

Status
    This user has no status.

Was just rewatching those episodes.

He said he wanted to hurry up and end it, mainly to make him shut his mouth.

Status
    Mar 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante.. View Post
    Why did Ichigo use his final getsuga tenshu(mugetsu) when he easily and obviously overpowered Aizen in so many ways , couldn't he simply cut him in half with his getsuga tenshu????

What do you think guys.....

Please no flaming or cussing whatsoever
    It was for suspense. Nothing more.

Senior Member FlyingThunderGodHax's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    This user has no status.

Yeah ikr. He was making Aizen his b*tch then he wanted to show off his Mugetsu hax even more... SMH

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post

My interpretation of the reasoning behind using the Final Getsuga Tensho (FGT) was that Ichigo was at that time stronger than Aizen in every way. However, Ichigo was smart, he understood that the Hogyoku would aid Aizen in his quest for more power by transforming him continuously, increasing his power while doing so. I believe that Ichigo truly thought that the FGT would be powerful enough to end Aizen.

In terms of Ichigo's base power (Dangai) when he was fighting Aizen. You could tell that when Aizen transformed during their battle that he had begun to catch up to Ichigo. It's likely that Ichigo was also aware of this and ultimately decided to use a technique that he knew (or atleast thought) would be strong enough to over-kill him or at the very least damage him to an extent where the Hogyoku could no longer repair him.

Thats my 2 cents anyway.
    Good post +rep

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by kimbo View Post

Thats my 2 cents anyway.
    want to post this,so rep to u

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»