Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    stackin paper

Reputation / Kumi system

I'm getting a bit tired of NarutoBase. Sensei's take a while to reply to your training threads and trolls start flame wars. I've lost some interest on NarutoBase and I'm currently waiting to buy my Xbox Live membership but I've thought of something that could motivate me and a whole bunch of members. I know this has been posted before but those people didn't really back their suggestion much.

I know we don't have the Kumi added to this update but it was actually helpful for those who would make Gfx shops and for those who wanted to receive Kumi, we even had the Top 50 of the members who had the most Kumi so that would set a goal for a few members also. I'm not sure if Nexus, Versuvio, Zise, and Rei is done talking about bringing Kumi back but it should be because if it's gone for NarutoBase it should be the same for One Piece Bay. If Kumi does arrive again then a shop should be added by the best Gfxers so we can request whatever we want but not just avatars, signatures, and banners. The shop should even have features for our profile, a extra avatar effect, and maybe even a feature added to your name. Look at Tsuchi's name and Lawliet's, they added like sparkles to their name maybe those who deserve it and have gotten the requirements, maybe 1.000.000 Kumi could earn it or so. If this were to happen then this would motivate me a bit more so I can have a smexy name .

Now for Reputation, we should of had something for it a long time ago, it's a bit similar to Kumi but maybe you can have more privileges, IDK maybe like more respect from others such as moderators. I don't have problems with moderators but some say some of them act completely like douches. Reputation should give us more choices for RP, maybe like 2 custom weapons? If there isn't really a benefit for high reputation or low then might as well take it off too, For those who have a high reputation like 6000+ then maybe they could play a bigger role in RP or something. It'll be more fun for others.

I have much more suggestions but I think this is enough for now. I'll try to think a bit more to why we should have these features added for us.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    GFX

Re: Reputation / Kumi system

I gained most of my rep through GFX, I should not get more Respect for that lol.
    Anyway, the current GFX system is fine
    And honestly, a Sparkle in my name is just No. It would also make people become Kumi Whores

Last edited by Skarm; 09-30-2012 at 07:12 PM.

YES! YES! YES! King Of Sharingan's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    I'm Somewhere Where Rain Lasts Forever!!!!!!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Feeling Some Serious Suckual
    Overtones Right About Now!!

I think she would prefer you to use the name Ira now

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ)

I agree

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Rep is completely corrupt.... You have a lot of people that abuse that rep power and neg rep someone for saying something about their fav character.

For instance I was negged by someone with tons of rep just because I said something about Sasuke being overrated. I lost 32 rep points just because a fan boy couldnt respect someone's opinion... How is that a fair system?

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obsessed with Fairy Tail now.
    ._.

You have some interesting suggestions that I would like to see being tested out/implemented in the near future.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    stackin paper

Quote Originally Posted by PresidentBush View Post
    I agree
    Thanks but do you have any thing you want to add?

Quote Originally Posted by King Of Sharingan View Post
    I think she would prefer you to use the name Ira now
    I don't understand what you're saying.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Aku- View Post
    I gained most of my rep through GFX, I should not get more Respect for that lol.
    Anyway, the current GFX system is fine
    And honestly, a Sparkle in my name is just No. It would also make people become Kumi Whores
    Isn't that ok to earn it through GFX? It's not like you made the most crappy avatars and forced people to +rep you, you earned it for GFX, what's wrong? No respect? You've used up your own time to make a piece of art for someone. I wasn't talking about the GFX system..

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    muchanime-verykpop.tumblr.com

Lawliet said not to make another Kumi thread

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That's pointless. There are members who abuse the rep system and have over 5000 rep without doing a single thing on this forum. They don't deserve any respect in my opinion.

As for the Kumi, it should be coming back hopefully

Even Demons Have Demons. Jack Spicer's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Darling,tell me what you
    need."

"Peter."

The shop idea is a great idea because atleast kumi would do something, but we probably won't get it.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    stackin paper

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Spicer View Post
    The shop idea is a great idea because atleast kumi would do something, but we probably won't get it.
    Thanks but if we have enough supporters we might be able to achieve this.

Quote Originally Posted by -S- View Post
    That's pointless. There are members who abuse the rep system and have over 5000 rep without doing a single thing on this forum. They don't deserve any respect in my opinion.

As for the Kumi, it should be coming back hopefully
    If those people do abuse it then we can ban them. What are Moderators for? They'll catch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kage Phoenix View Post
    Lawliet said not to make another Kumi thread
    I didn't know my bad, but it isn't my fault.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Self-improvement is
    masturbation.

The Kumi thing I agree too.

Rep, however, I don't. Rep isn't something to be used for benefits. It's to show how much character a member has, how liked they are generally.

If you want Mods, or anyone to respect you, a shiny green bar isn't the way to do it. Respect is like an emotion. It can't be programmed, and there can't be rules that say "If this member has so and so much rep, he wins respect from Mods.". Respect is something you have to earn. No one can and will give it to you through obligation.

Last edited by Rikerslade; 09-30-2012 at 07:41 PM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trust | Respect | Integrity

Getting tired of NB you say? You have been here for 6 months, just relax as you nor I, don't know the half of it.
    Trolls will be trolls. Don't post on their threads and just report them. Its as simple as that.

We had kumi and we had a top 50 list. Kumi isn't coming back or atleast not until there is a stable system of it for the vB 4.x Series.
    Adding sparkles to people who have a lot of kumi? That would take away from the people who support this site and purchase premium. If you want a special name support the site and pay for a "special" name.

Reputation means nothing and making awards/rewards for it would do nothing except give people a reason to rep whoring.
    More respect from the mods or people? Respect isn't given, its earned, and I damn well won't respect anyone because they have a lot of rep, I would hope the mods would feel the same way.

Rep has nothing to do with RP.
    Rep is here so you can give someone rep for thinking their post or thread was useful, helpful, or really whatever you want.(except rep whoring)
    The rep system does not need to be taken away just because a few people misuse/abuse it nor does it needed to be taken away because it doesn't have any rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dream~ View Post
    Thanks but if we have enough supporters we might be able to achieve this.
    I didn't know my bad, but it isn't my fault.
    @ Bold. It is completely your fault. You wanted to make a suggestion and you did but you didn't do enough research. If you did you would have found out that we were asked not to make another thread about kumi.

@Underlined. Having enough supporters doesn't mean anything. We could have 800 members say yes its a good idea but in the end its up to the staff and just because 800 people think its a good idea doesn't mean its a good idea for the site and will work well on the site.

Last edited by Sanzen; 09-30-2012 at 07:51 PM.

Status
    May 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hitler? Don't make me laugh...
    I'm far worse.

I will only address the reputation suggestion: LOL

You really don't understand how the rep system works and what it is nor its limitations/implications. But because that suggestion is so off the bat, I felt tempted to not even reply. But I will.

Reputation is what the base members think of you and nothing more. It should be an indication of how trustworthy or good member you are but its not. Its an indication of how well you can convince others to rep you. Simple as that. Thus its not a thrustworthy thing to rely on for RPG perks.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Dream~ View Post
    I'm getting a bit tired of NarutoBase. Sensei's take a while to reply to your training threads and trolls start flame wars. I've lost some interest on NarutoBase and I'm currently waiting to buy my Xbox Live membership but I've thought of something that could motivate me and a whole bunch of members. I know this has been posted before but those people didn't really back their suggestion much.

I know we don't have the Kumi added to this update but it was actually helpful for those who would make Gfx shops and for those who wanted to receive Kumi, we even had the Top 50 of the members who had the most Kumi so that would set a goal for a few members also. I'm not sure if Nexus, Versuvio, Zise, and Rei is done talking about bringing Kumi back but it should be because if it's gone for NarutoBase it should be the same for One Piece Bay. If Kumi does arrive again then a shop should be added by the best Gfxers so we can request whatever we want but not just avatars, signatures, and banners. The shop should even have features for our profile, a extra avatar effect, and maybe even a feature added to your name. Look at Tsuchi's name and Lawliet's, they added like sparkles to their name maybe those who deserve it and have gotten the requirements, maybe 1.000.000 Kumi could earn it or so. If this were to happen then this would motivate me a bit more so I can have a smexy name .

Now for Reputation, we should of had something for it a long time ago, it's a bit similar to Kumi but maybe you can have more privileges, IDK maybe like more respect from others such as moderators. I don't have problems with moderators but some say some of them act completely like douches. Reputation should give us more choices for RP, maybe like 2 custom weapons? If there isn't really a benefit for high reputation or low then might as well take it off too, For those who have a high reputation like 6000+ then maybe they could play a bigger role in RP or something. It'll be more fun for others.

I have much more suggestions but I think this is enough for now. I'll try to think a bit more to why we should have these features added for us.
    Oh nooo, fake money and rep from people with no lives. That will destroy all of us. Please excuse me while I shit my pants at how devastating these factors are to all of our lives.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jigga Boo Jones

I agree with you 100%, especially the part about some mods acting like douches.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    muchanime-verykpop.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by AmaniPaz View Post
    explain

Mod on Luffy *****$ Uchiha Usman's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Girls, best comeback to your
    BF....COMEBACK with a
    sandwich!!

i agree kumi system was fun :D

Quote Originally Posted by iCuRiddY View Post
    Rep is completely corrupt.... You have a lot of people that abuse that rep power and neg rep someone for saying something about their fav character.

For instance I was negged by someone with tons of rep just because I said something about Sasuke being overrated. I lost 32 rep points just because a fan boy couldnt respect someone's opinion... How is that a fair system?
    you posted this before somewhere ..i remember

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Leafy is evil! Saraisthebest!
    #henrikisevil #MadaraWasHere
    #Santapaidavisit #IraSaidHi!

Thread is turning into spam. -Closed-

Status
    Jan 2009
    On a scale of one to Edward Cullen, how stalker-ish are you?
    Post Thanks / Like
    If parallel lines meet at
    infinity - infinity must be a
    very noisy place with all
    those lines crashing together!

Quote Originally Posted by AmaniPaz View Post
    There is always a proper way to sort out problems and deal with problematic situations. If you have a complaint/problem with a normal mod or believe s/he is not doing the job properly, you should contact a global mod or admin about it. Similarly, if you have a problem with a global mod contact one of the admins ( Zise is the head admin for the forums all over and Nexus is the head of RP) and let them know the problem/complaints with the mod in question. Do not forget to give details of the problem and provide links if possible.

Making random insults at the forum and baseless /vague accusations without factual back up do not help the site or the users in anyway and such posts will earn infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by rikerslade View Post
    The Kumi thing I agree too.

Rep, however, I don't. Rep isn't something to be used for benefits. It's to show how much character a member has, how liked they are generally.

If you want Mods, or anyone to respect you, a shiny green bar isn't the way to do it. Respect is like an emotion. It can't be programmed, and there can't be rules that say "If this member has so and so much rep, he wins respect from Mods.". Respect is something you have to earn. No one can and will give it to you through obligation.
    Well put.

Last edited by Ira; 10-02-2012 at 09:18 AM.