Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Being the best isn't all it's
    made out to be. When you're
    strong, you become arrogant
    and withdrawn. Even if what
    you sought after was your
    dream.

Theory : Obito's Real Motive Behind the Attack on Konoha And His S/T Ninjutsu

Here's what I think is the real reason behind the attack on Konoha by a 15-16 year old Obito.

Objectives :

Primary Objective - The elimination of Kushina Uzumaki.
    Secondary Objectives - Unleash Kurama on the leaf.

Reasons :

1. Rin's death :

Obito who Loved Rin almost all his life and saw her death by his very own eye. Now we know that he entrusted his Sharingan to Kakashi in order to protect Rin and we know what happened -

2. Minato's Lack of Responsibility :

Though Zetsu said that Minato was busy with other Mission Obito is visibly pissed on his Sensei :

3. Why Blame it on Minato?? :

Remember how Tobi had detailed knowledge on Minato's FTG [He was fooled by FTG Level 2]. I believe he thought that Minato had S/T so he could've saved Rin [After all he saw Minato giving his FTG Kunai to Kakashi] so it plausible that he made that assumption that Minato could've saved her if he wanted to but he didn't.

Here we see Tobi talking about FTG -

the same tech that had failed to save his Rin so he would've liked nothing better than Killing Kushina and FTG failing in saving her and yes the Minato failed to make it in time.

The Plan and its execution :

Here we see that Obito succeeded in completing the Primary Objective of his Plan. He knew that extraction of bijju means death -

He Immediately went into the Leaf Village and summoned Kurama. And Kurama started doing his thing i.e. Destroying everything. But before that He saw Minato coming and taking Kushina away -

Focus on how he says Gone Again, No Matter. Now if his primary objective was to destroys Konoha he'd have followed Minato and made sure that he gets eliminated first but it didn't matter because his Mission was almost complete!

We know that Minato then came and sent a TBB away but Obito couldn't fight the urge to have a go at his sensei, I mean he came for Kushina and that's what the trigger was and that's why he attacked Minato.

Here we can see he wants to end Minato and that's why the Avenger-Obito speaks YOU will face ME!

We know how that Fight went. What I believe that 15 year old Obito with a Zetsu shell and newly acquired Kamui knew that he couldn't beat his Sensei and that's why his mission avoided fighting Minato [Plus there was a chance of Minato finding about his Identity as well] but the events that happened in the execution process triggered the fight.

In that fight Minato asked him whether he was Madara and that's when Obito spoke of Madara's Ideology -

After the fight Obito left with bold statements and no regrets [his mission was a success] but he also said that Minato deserves the title of the 4th Hokage.

Theory about Obito's S/T Ninjutsu :

WE know that Obito can use the S/T via his Kamui [or his Kamui is his s/t ninjutsu] but its said that for S/T ninjutsu you need Marking and Obito seems to pull it off without it.

Kakashi even said that His s/t surpasses Minato's. Heck Minato said that Obito's S/T surpasses his own as well as Tobirama's -

But the answer is -

This bastard is all over the place -

In short Zetsu has an underground Network [Like a Subway ] and that's why Obito can go to anywhere if there's a zetsu checkpoint. And that's why he doesn't necessarily need the Marking or Seals to teleport and that's why his S/T is superior to Minato's and Tobirama's.

Summary :

1. Obito's main objective was to kill Kushina and Secondary was to unleash Kurama on the leaf.
    2. His objective also included avoiding direct fight with Minato [fear of being recognized] but the course of events that happened he attacked Minato.
    3. Obito succeeded in his Mission even though he lost the fight to Minato or the control over Kurama.
    4. Obito's S/T [Kamui] uses the Zetsu's underground network instead of Marking or Seals and that's why wherever zetsu has his underground clones he can appear their [w/out markings]

For those who hate to read long Paras You can read "Objectives" and the "Summary"

Being The 10 Tails 6 Paths of Pain's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    In the cemetary. What am I doing there? Buried 6 feet under...
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Theory : Obito's Real Motive Behind the Attack on Konoha And His S/T Ninjutsu

Nice theory very probable

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Re: Theory : Obito's Real Motive Behind the Attack on Konoha And His S/T Ninjutsu

Nice thread. +rep

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Dragon of Dojima

nice thread bra,i guess he did all cuz madara saved his worthless life and his love died,so he wants revenge on kakashi

Banned
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

nice theory

The Legendary Devil Hunter Minator93's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    dream.

Quote Originally Posted by 6 Paths of Pain View Post
    Nice theory very probable
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Math View Post
    good theory + rep
    i still think obito destroyed konoha bcuz madara talk no jutsued him about things he didn't know..
    just like obito did to sasuke..

edit: gotta spread first
    Yeah he speaks Madara's Ideology. And glad you liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Prince View Post
    Nice thread. +rep
    Thanks Dude :D

Quote Originally Posted by karol the don View Post
    nice thread bra,i guess he did all cuz madara saved his worthless life and his love died,so he wants revenge on kakashi
    Glad you liked it

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    chillin like a melon how you
    feelin

I am pretty sure his space/time jutsu is just superior. I don't think it has anything to do with zetsu. Maybe zetsu is how he senses his targets place in the physical world but I doubt that zetsu is the reason he does not need a tag. Not a bad theory though

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    I swear to drunk I'm not God

cool....i like your thoughts.
    but we still gotta see more...maybe the zetsus are his marking for the s/t technique :shrugs:

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Very good

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    dream.

Quote Originally Posted by lol99 View Post
    nice theory
    Thanks bro :D

Quote Originally Posted by realobito1 View Post
    I am pretty sure his space/time jutsu is just superior. I don't think it has anything to do with zetsu. Maybe zetsu is how he senses his targets place in the physical world but I doubt that zetsu is the reason he does not need a tag. Not a bad theory though
    Yeah that's why I've written Theory [instead of proof]

Quote Originally Posted by PowerGodLeader View Post
    cool....i like your thoughts.
    but we still gotta see more...maybe the zetsus are his marking for the s/t technique :shrugs:
    Glad you liked it

Quote Originally Posted by F A T A L I T Y View Post
    Very good
    Thanks dude

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Nice theory, well explained as usual. That Zetsu bastard is everywhere :D

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

+rep for great thoughts

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I like it ^_^ . I hadn't thought Obito's hatred could've been directed to more than 1 person. Kakashi has been the center of attention in his motive for revenge all this time, but i had failed to realize that the reason for that could've been that he already had taken out his revenge on the other people, and Kakashi was the only one left.

Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It was a good read.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "It is the mark of an
    educated mind to be able to
    entertain a thought without
    accepting it"

i made a thread before about obito's motive when he attacked konoha, but it seemed to me that he waned to take minato out, looking at the last chapters it seems that it was his way of punishing minato for not being there to prevent RIN'S death. so my point is that he was there to get the kyuubi not killing kushina (even if taking the kyuubi is supposed to kill her) remember the eye moon plan but attacking minato was a part of his PERSONAL revenge, still good theory +rep

Last edited by JIRAIYA perv; 10-06-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    Nice theory, well explained as usual. That Zetsu bastard is everywhere :D
    Yeah he is

Quote Originally Posted by Valen View Post
    +rep for great thoughts
    Thanks man

Quote Originally Posted by Warrex View Post
    I like it ^_^ . I hadn't thought Obito's hatred could've been directed to more than 1 person. Kakashi has been the center of attention in his motive for revenge all this time, but i had failed to realize that the reason for that could've been that he already had taken out his revenge on the other people, and Kakashi was the only one left.
    Glad you liked it

Quote Originally Posted by Rul View Post
    It was a good read.
    Glad you liked it

Quote Originally Posted by JIRAIYA perv View Post
    i made a thread before about obito's motive when he attacked konoha, but it seemed to me that he waned to take minato out, looking at the last chapters it seems that it was his way of punishing minato for not being there to prevent RIN'S death. so my point is that he was there to get the kyuubi not killing kushina (even if taking the kyuubi is supposed to kill her) remember the eye moon plan but attacking minato was a part of his PERSONAL revenge, still good theory +rep
    Yeah it seems that Obito hates Minato. And thanks for the rep :D

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

good read + rep, i agree with most but i still think obito tried to take minato out as part of his plan, and kurama was not supposed to be taken back by minato.