Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    This user has no status.

Neji vs Sauke begining of shippuden.

who do you think would win?

Status
    Jun 2011
    Dont blink...

Re: Neji vs Sauke begining of shippuden.

Neji wins.

Come at me Sasuke fanboys.:drive:

Status
    This user has no status.

Neji win's damit, no argument. -_-

Status
    Jun 2011
    Dont blink...

Quote Originally Posted by Underdog ninja View Post
    Neji win's damit, no argument. -_-
    HELL YEA!

Thread Close no Jutsu :scorps:

Disciple of Unorthodox Icelerate's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

Actually Sasuke stomps. I don't know why early Shippuden Sasuke is so underrated. He single handedly beat Yamato who is on Kakashi's level, this was said by Kakashi himself, without the CS. With the CS, he is low kage level while Neji is high jounin IMO. Also Yamato would beat Neji so there is my answer. All Sasuke needs to do is paralyse Neji with chidori (or variants) or genjutsu and then slice his head off.

In other words, early Shippuden Sasuke>Yamato=Kakashi>Neji.

Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Sasuke wins but not that easily, probably with mid-high difficulty. Early Shippuden Sasuke didn't had Orochimaru's power, so his fire power was weaker than the ones who fought Deidara or Itachi for example. Without Orochimaru, he loses also his regeneration abilities and probably couldn't even summon snakes. Neji on the other hand is greater in taijutsu, and i believe that they are probably on the same level in speed but Sasuke has superior ninjutsu which would help him to win. If Sasuke pressures him with his katons, chidori eiso, chidori nagashi, he would eventually find an opportunity to win
    Quote Originally Posted by Icelerate View Post
    He single handedly beat Yamato who is on Kakashi's level, this was said by Kakashi himself
    Really? When did he said that? Also, Sasuke didn't beat Yamato. Yamato wasn't serious, he said it himself

Status
    Jun 2011
    Dont blink...

IMO it could go either way, but whoever wins would do so with high difficulty.

Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Quote Originally Posted by fastrthnwind View Post
    IMO it could go either way, but whoever wins would do so with high difficulty.
    I don't think. Neji is a one-dimensional fighter(taijutsu master) when Sasuke eventhough is not that great in taijutsu, he has sharingan precognition plus great speed and superior shunshin and handseals. So even in taijutsu the edge is slim for Neji if it even exist, and Sasuke still has his great ninjutsu to overpower him

Status
    Jun 2011
    Dont blink...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogard View Post
    I don't think. Neji is a one-dimensional fighter(taijutsu master) when Sasuke eventhough is not that great in taijutsu, he has sharingan precognition plus great speed and superior shunshin and handseals. So even in taijutsu the edge is slim for Neji if it even exist, and Sasuke still has his great ninjutsu to overpower him
    He's not completely one dimensional because he can fight at a certain distance with vacuum palm. Neji has the fastest hand speeds in manga next to Gais with morning peacock, so I think being able to defend against his 64 palms technique is going to be quite difficult, even for the sharingans perception. The databooks have their speed as equal, so neither of them will be able to gain the upper hand in speed.

The only thing that Sasuke has that can break through his rotation is Kirin, but that will take time and here he doesn't have hawk summons to use to help him prepare it.

They also have equal stamina, so neither one will be able to outlast the other.

It will be a long hard fight, and that's why it would be hard to decide a clear winner for this match.

I woul give a slight edge to Neji because his gentle fist strikes will affect sasukes ability to use ninjutsu and to move so, the longer the fight drags on, the worse it will be for him.

Last edited by fastrthnwind; 11-15-2012 at 06:48 PM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

Sasuke wins but not that easily, probably with mid-high difficulty. Early Shippuden Sasuke didn't had Orochimaru's power, so his fire power was weaker than the ones who fought Deidara or Itachi for example. Without Orochimaru, he loses also his regeneration abilities and probably couldn't even summon snakes. Neji on the other hand is greater in taijutsu, and i believe that they are probably on the same level in speed but Sasuke has superior ninjutsu which would help him to win. If Sasuke pressures him with his katons, chidori eiso, chidori nagashi, he would eventually find an opportunity to win
    I was joking about Sasuke stomping. I agree Sasuke wins mid difficulty with CS2, mid-high difficulty with CS1 and high difficulty with 3 tomoe only. BTW I agree with your post for the most part.

Really? When did he said that? Also, Sasuke didn't beat Yamato. Yamato wasn't serious, he said it himself
    I know Yamato was pretty weakened after suppressing the four tailed Naruto but Sasuke wasn't serious either. Neither did Sasuke use even half his arsenal against Team 7 and Team 7 had multiple people coming at him but Sasuke easily out did all four of them despite them not being at full power, don't forget Sasuke didn't use his cursed seal at all in that fight. Kakashi that Yamato is his equal here.

Status
    Apr 2012
    04/2012 - 07/2014

Quote Originally Posted by fastrthnwind View Post
    He's not completely one dimensional because he can fight at a certain distance with vacuum palm.
    Well the vacuum is still a taijutsu move only used in mid-range at most, and i don't think it would really make a difference since from what i've seen the best it can do is to push the ennemy away for seconds
    Neji has the fastest hand speeds in manga next to Gais with morning peacock,
    Don't know what you mean by Neji or Gai having the fastest handseals, but from my point of view, handseals is what you use to launch your ninjutsu techniques, something i've never seen Neji do in the manga, so it's impossible that they have faster handseals than Sasuke

so I think being able to defend against his 64 palms technique is going to be quite difficult, even for the sharingans perception. The databooks have their speed as equal, so neither of them will be able to gain the upper hand in speed.
    Sure but a Chidori in the chest won't be good for Neji either, and eventhough Neji is as fast as Sasuke according to databook, i believe Sasuke has superior shunshin

Quote Originally Posted by Icelerate View Post
    I was joking about Sasuke stomping. I agree Sasuke wins mid difficulty with CS2, mid-high difficulty with CS1 and high difficulty with 3 tomoe only. BTW I agree with your post for the most part.
    Haha cool, not everyday that we agree in something
    I know Yamato was pretty weakened after suppressing the four tailed Naruto but Sasuke wasn't serious either. Neither did Sasuke use even half his arsenal against Team 7 and Team 7 had multiple people coming at him but Sasuke easily out did all four of them despite them not being at full power, don't forget Sasuke didn't use his cursed seal at all in that fight. Kakashi that Yamato is his equal here.
    Sure Sasuke didn't go all out, but since Yamato was just starting to fight, we can't assume he would have won. Concerning what Kakashi said, do you realise that he was only joking right? It was for Yamato to pay instead of him Yamato himself respect Kakashi as his superior. I think manga and databook state that

Status
    Jun 2012
    This user has no status.

I think I was just trolling when I said Yamato = Kakashi because it is obvious that Kakashi is stronger. Still I think Yamato>Neji anyway and even though Yamato was barely getting started, it seemed like he feared Sasuke's power. The encounter bares a stark resemblance with Kakashi's in part 1 against Itachi. Sasuke too was barely getting started but too bad we couldn't see the fight in its entirety. I actually think Yamato would put up a good fight but Sasuke's lightning, sharingan precog, kenjutsu and superior speed gives him a solid edge against Yamato the vast majority of the time. Still people have to realize that Sasuke isn't soloing a full power Yamato, Sai, Naruto and Sakura at that point of time.

Senior Member Izuna Kakashi Senju's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

Sasuke wins high diff, Neji will give him a good fight and probably force him 2 go Curse seal stage 2.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Dont blink...

Well the vacuum is still a taijutsu move only used in mid-range at most, and i don't think it would really make a difference since from what i've seen the best it can do is to push the ennemy away for second
    It uses chakra to attack their chakra network from a distance while simultaneously knocking them off their feet. It will be very useful if Sasuke tries to pull back from Neji to keep from getting hit.

Don't know what you mean by Neji or Gai having the fastest handseals, but from my point of view, handseals is what you use to launch your ninjutsu techniques, something i've never seen Neji do in the manga, so it's impossible that they have faster handseals than Sasuke
    I said handspeed, or striking speed with the hands. Sasuke has faster hand seals, but then again Neji doesn't need to use hand seals for his techniques, making it more useful for him to attack a ninjutsu user before they can finish.

Sure but a Chidori in the chest won't be good for Neji either, and eventhough Neji is as fast as Sasuke according to databook, i believe Sasuke has superior shunshin
    The thing is, Neji can use rotation before the technique hits him protecting him from sasukes ninjutsu. It may seem that he is faster, but Neji has trained with the fastest people in konoha, so he is bound to be fast himself.

Argumentative Bastard Piratefish's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2011
    ..aaaand we are back down to
    normal...

Sure but a Chidori in the chest won't be good for Neji either, and eventhough Neji is as fast as Sasuke according to databook, i believe Sasuke has superior shunshin.
    I feel Neji's possible defenses against ninjutsu are being underrated, even if you completely exclude Kaiten. Neji can see when, where, how much, what type and what shape of chakra is being built up for a ninjutsu while the building-up-process is going on, giving him significant insight into exactly what he should do to counter any ninjutsu and granting him dodging abilities on par with if not greater than the Sharingan. Only if he is able to estimate exactly what kind of technique is going to be used, but in my opinion he can.

Remember that Neji's Part 1 skills are more than comparable to Sasuke's in terms of raw intellect. Neji reverse engineered the apparently supremely difficult Kaiten and Eight Triagrams 64 Palms through observation, trial and error while Sasuke learnt techniques and taijutsu through the Sharingan's copying ability AND personal tuition from a skilled jounin. Neji's battle with Kidomaru was also an extremely cerebral battle against an unconventional opponent in which he was in the end victorious.

However, Neji likely has less experience predicting ninjutsu than taijutsu so some might get through. However, he is a jounin (how long he has been is unknown) and is not inexperienced in the area.

Neji should be able to dodge a significant fraction of Sasuke's ninjutsu even without Kaiten. How does he fare in hand-to-hand and speed?

A Hyuuga's life is taijutsu, and Neji has demonstrated INSANE close range speed even in part 1. He's on a team with Konoha's (perhaps all of the Elemental Countries') greatest taijutsu master and his personal apprentice (and Tenten, though that is irrelevant), both of whom he presumably spars regularly. Neji was driven, perhaps more so than Sasuke, when he was placed on the most ridiculously hard-working team in Konoha. I refuse to believe that Sasuke has gained a significant amount on Neji in skill during the time-skip.

So, Neji is on a taijutsu-specialized team and is frequently challenged to spars by Lee, which he seems to accept and deal with well enough. Though Lee has moved away from his goal of beating Neji after the Chuunin Exams, he would still keep challenging his rival, and he would give his all in every challenge. Neji has, at the very least, kept up with Lee's growth over the timeskip, if not increasing the gap between them. (You know, if Lee's not using the Gates. If he is it's a totally different situation.)

And initial Shippuden Lee is faster than initial Shippuden Sasuke. Sasuke's speed was copied directly from Lee's own, and though he must have worked on speed-training he CAN'T have done so with the same MANIC FERVOUR as the youngest Green Beast. Lee can only have increased more than Sasuke in speed, at least unweighted.

Neji can deal with speed, even if it is superior to his own. And his own speed is equal to Sasuke in the Databook, so we can't assume Sasuke can even pretend to blitz him, possibly superior Shunshin or not. Neji's entire style is based on reaching his opponent to deal MASSIVE DAMAGE (TM), wouldn't he of all people work on his Shunshin for that reason alone?

Taijutsuwise, Sasuke would be roughly equal to unweighted (but Gateless) Lee. His strength, technique and endurance haven't got Lee's endless practice behind them, but he makes up for it with the Sharingan and close-range ninjutsu capapilities. Neji can match or even exceed Lee in taijutsu, and is tailor-made to disable ninjutsu users.

Neji can handle Base Sasuke Mid-High diff.

EDIT: Apparently I'm being generous with my assumptions about Sasuke's taijutsu, sorry about that. Perhaps simply Mid difficulty is more accurate?

Last edited by Piratefish; 11-16-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Dont blink...

Quote Originally Posted by Piratefish View Post
    I feel Neji's possible defenses against ninjutsu are being underrated, even if you completely exclude Kaiten. Neji can see when, where, how much, what type and what shape of chakra is being built up for a ninjutsu while the building-up-process is going on, giving him significant insight into exactly what he should do to counter any ninjutsu and granting him dodging abilities on par with if not greater than the Sharingan. Only if he is able to estimate exactly what kind of technique is going to be used, but in my opinion he can.

Remember that Neji's Part 1 skills are more than comparable to Sasuke's in terms of raw intellect. Neji reverse engineered the apparently supremely difficult Kaiten and Eight Triagrams 64 Palms through observation, trial and error while Sasuke learnt techniques and taijutsu through the Sharingan's copying ability AND personal tuition from a skilled jounin. Neji's battle with Kidomaru was also an extremely cerebral battle against an unconventional opponent in which he was in the end victorious.

However, Neji likely has less experience predicting ninjutsu than taijutsu so some might get through. However, he is a jounin (how long he has been is unknown) and is not inexperienced in the area.

Neji should be able to dodge a significant fraction of Sasuke's ninjutsu even without Kaiten. How does he fare in hand-to-hand and speed?

A Hyuuga's life is taijutsu, and Neji has demonstrated INSANE close range speed even in part 1. He's on a team with Konoha's (perhaps all of the Elemental Countries' greatest taijutsu master) and his personal apprentice (and Tenten, though that is irrelevant), both of whom he presumably spars regularly. Neji was driven, perhaps more so than Sasuke, when he was placed on the most ridiculously hard-working team in Konoha. I refuse to believe that Sasuke has gained a significant amount on Neji in skill during the time-skip.

So, Neji is on a taijutsu-specialized team and is frequently challenged to spars by Lee, which he seems to accept and deal with well enough. Though Lee has moved away from his goal of beating Neji after the Chuunin Exams, he would still keep challenging his rival, and he would give his all in every challenge. Neji has, at the very least, kept up with Lee's growth over the timeskip, if not increasing the gap between them. (You know, if Lee's not using the Gates. If he is it's a totally different situation.)

And initial Shippuden Lee is faster than initial Shippuden Sasuke. Sasuke's speed was copied directly from Lee's own, and though he must have worked on speed-training he CAN'T have done so with the same MANIC FERVOUR as the youngest Green Beast. Lee can only have increased more than Sasuke in speed, at least unweighted.

Neji can deal with speed, even if it is superior to his own. And his own speed is equal to Sasuke in the Databook, so we can't assume Sasuke can even pretend to blitz him, possibly superior Shunshin or not. Neji's entire style is based on reaching his opponent to deal MASSIVE DAMAGE (TM), wouldn't he of all people work on his Shunshin for that reason alone?

Taijutsuwise, Sasuke would be roughly equal to unweighted (but Gateless) Lee. His strength, technique and endurance haven't got Lee's endless practice behind them, but he makes up for it with the Sharingan and close-range ninjutsu capapilities. Neji can match or even exceed Lee in taijutsu, and is tailor-made to disable ninjutsu users.

Neji can handle Base Sasuke Mid-High diff.
    About Sasukes Taijutsu, I dont even think that it would be even to match current Lee's taijutsu now because sasuke has only been interested in improving his ninjutsu over his taijutsu. He only trained during part 1 to match a very rudimentary form of Lee's Taijutsu while Lee himself had been improving his taijutsu ever since.

Sasuke himself has increased his speed and learned some kenjutsu over the timeskip and learned more ninjutsu and genjutsu in favor of increasing his taijutsu skills which is why it is stated in the databook to be a 3.5. In a match against a taijutsu virtuoso such as Neji, Sasukes only redeeming areas will be his sharingan and his speed to see and react to some of Neji's taijutsu techniques. Not only that, but Sasuke has never actually seen a hyuuga in combat before, so he knows nothing of the gentle fist while Neji will be more accustomed to fighting sasuke up close because of the similarities between sasuke's and Lee's taijutsu style, sasukes being only a basic offshoot of lee's style mixed with his own techniques.

Neji's hand speed during the 64 palms technique is considered the fastest in the manga, second only to gai's morning peacock, meaning that Neji will be very likely to finish the match once he starts this technique even with sasukes sharingan due to the speed of the attacks. Eventually Neji will be able to plug up sasukes chakra points, completely nullifying his ability to use ninjutsu and greatly hindering his ability to move due to the affects of the chakra points with bodily functions.

So as you said earlier, Neji can take care of base sasuke with mid-high diff. Its the curse mark that will close the gap between their abilities and make this fight less one-sided. The CM increases sasukes speed and durability as well as gives him access to greater and more powerful chakra than his own, allowing him to create much more powerful ninjutsu. The speed and power boost may not be enough to allow sasuke to "blitz" Neji, but it will make it harder for Neji to keep up and land attacks, though his byakugan will still be able to see him at all times and his reflexes are top notch because of it and his conditioning in taijustu. Because the CM isnt sentient like the kyuubi's chakra, it won't reopen any closed chakra points if activated, nor give him any resistance to gentle fist attacks during the time sasuke has it activated, so any attacks that are successful will still hinder his ability to use ninjutsu and to move.

This boost in power will be enough to raise the difficulty in which Neji could win this by a considerable amount to at least high diff and gives Sasuke a better chance at winning as well with high diff, though the edge will still go Neji because of his prowess in close combat and the gentle fist will eventually wear Sasuke down even when using the CM.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

The main issue is Sasuke's ninjutsu techs. They were shown to be a lot stronger in Part 2. Like his Chidori Nagashi and his great fireball moves, he could strike Neji with these strong elemental attacks and its not guaranteed that Neji could continually use his kaiton to ward them off, if they are even warded off at all by it. Plus there is also Sasuke's genjutsu.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Dont blink...

Quote Originally Posted by GiantShuriken View Post
    The main issue is Sasuke's ninjutsu techs. They were shown to be a lot stronger in Part 2. Like his Chidori Nagashi and his great fireball moves, he could strike Neji with these strong elemental attacks and its not guaranteed that Neji could continually use his kaiton to ward them off, if they are even warded off at all by it. Plus there is also Sasuke's genjutsu.
    While they are more powerful, Neji can still see when sasuke is going to use ninjutsu from the buildup, color and shape of the chakra within Sasuke's chakra network, allowing him time to take measures to either avoid it with his speed or defend against it with rotation. There is nothing in sasukes arsenal of ninjutsu, bar Kirin, that can penetrate through Neji's rotation, making ninjutsu virtually ineffective against him. Kirin, being sasukes most powerful ninjutsu is the only justu saskue has that can destroy nejis rotation and possibly even Neji himself, but the downside to this technique is that it takes too much time to prepare, and in that time he will be vulnerable to attacks, an opportunity which Neji will definitely use to gain the upperhand in battle.

Sasukes visual genjutsu can be nullified by relying solely on the byakugan vision because it allows Neji to see without looking directly looking into sasukes eyes as his genjutsu requires in order to send his yin chakra thorugh nejis optic nerve into th brain where the genjutsu will come into effect.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Where the levels of common sense are Sofa King low
    This user has no status.

Neji has NO shot imo :D

Status
    Jun 2011
    Dont blink...

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMagk View Post
    Neji has NO shot imo :D
    Why do you think that? He is clearly in an advantage because of his ability to disable ninjutsu and his prowess in taijutsu.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»