Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    28,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Weight Training with Scorps

    Jūgo Jyugo

    *Does a basic warm up.*
     
         
    Last edited by Howard; 11-15-2012 at 03:18 PM.

  2. #2
    Scorps's Avatar
    Status
    Scorps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jigoku
    Posts
    17,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    On vacations until 4th of
    August.
     



    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Hashirama enters the field, unmerging from the ground in a very orochimaru-esque way.

    So, you're the one to be getting the tough weight training? Ok. Before we begin, theory. What is this training and what do you think you'll get from it? You do know its a long process right?
     
         

  3. #3
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    28,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Hashirama enters the field, unmerging from the ground in a very orochimaru-esque way.

    So, you're the one to be getting the tough weight training? Ok. Before we begin, theory. What is this training and what do you think you'll get from it? You do know its a long process right?
    *Jūgo pauses for a moment and then begins to speak.*

    Jūgo: The training is basically the addition of weights into everyday life as well as strenuous workouts over a long period of time, this forces the muscles of the body to work harder then doing those same activities without the weights. The weights are constantly worn and adjusted through the use of fuuinjutsu to increase their weight gradually, this increases the effort needed to do daily activities as well as workouts that in turn increases the gain from the workouts and everyday activities. What I expect to gain from this training is an increase in my run speed being able to run fast enough to barely be noticed by basic eyesight while the weights are removed and a increase in my kicking strength when the weights are taken off.
     
         
    Last edited by Howard; 11-15-2012 at 08:00 PM.

  4. #4
    Scorps's Avatar
    Status
    Scorps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jigoku
    Posts
    17,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    On vacations until 4th of
    August.
     



    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Hashirama kicks the ground and a large wooden training dummy rises off the ground

    Don't forget, it pertains to running speed and although fast, average ninjas will still be able to perceive you, even if barely. Ok, before I can put on your leg weights, I need to tire you a bit. This will help the leg weights callibrate to a lesser weight thus enabling you to actually move with them. See, the leg weights are a set of 2 ankle weight sets in which i'll engrve a sealing formula. That sealing formula is filled with Doton chakra to make it so that it can increase the weight of the leg sets. However, its a dynamic sealing. The weight it will have in the begining is not the same as it will have when you're fully trained. My leg weights *shows ankles* have roughtly 400kgs each by now. You'rs will start at roughly 50kgs and increase up to that point in time. It may incrase more or less to achieve the desired effect as there are stronger and weaker ninjas. Thus the dynamic part of it. So, to tire you a bit, please do a set of 9 consecutive, intricate, taijutsu moves onto the dummy.
     
         

  5. #5
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    28,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Hashirama kicks the ground and a large wooden training dummy rises off the ground

    Don't forget, it pertains to running speed and although fast, average ninjas will still be able to perceive you, even if barely. Ok, before I can put on your leg weights, I need to tire you a bit. This will help the leg weights callibrate to a lesser weight thus enabling you to actually move with them. See, the leg weights are a set of 2 ankle weight sets in which i'll engrve a sealing formula. That sealing formula is filled with Doton chakra to make it so that it can increase the weight of the leg sets. However, its a dynamic sealing. The weight it will have in the begining is not the same as it will have when you're fully trained. My leg weights *shows ankles* have roughtly 400kgs each by now. You'rs will start at roughly 50kgs and increase up to that point in time. It may incrase more or less to achieve the desired effect as there are stronger and weaker ninjas. Thus the dynamic part of it. So, to tire you a bit, please do a set of 9 consecutive, intricate, taijutsu moves onto the dummy.
    Jūgo Understood.

    *I simply hop back and fourth from foot to foot fluidly mimicking the stance of a boxer. I then begin with a barrage of quick punches and kicks, roughly five punches and five kicks. I punch the dummy with a strong punch to it's chest using my left hand. I immediately follow up with a hi-kick to it's head using my right leg and then another punch to the throat using my right fist I perform the same action before bringing my left knee up and slamming it into where the gut would be on the dummy. I then perform numerous side kicks to the side of the dummy followed by numerous punches alternating from left to right. I quickly follow up by slamming my left knee into the mid section of the dummy followed by my right knee, I do this quite a few times. I then slam my right elbow into the dummy's chest area backing it with my left arm using it for support.*


    Rank: B
    Type: Attack
    Range: short - mid
    Chakra cost: N/A
    Damage points: 20
    Description: A taijutsu technique where the user smashes their elbow into their opponent using the other arm as support. It deals a powerful blow to the target and as the name suggests, is even strong enough to destroy rock formations.



    *I quickly chain this into a low kick to the dummy's knee area using my right foot followed by a middle kick to his mid section with the same foot and finally a high kick to his neck and head area before slamming my heel down upon the dummy's head. I then finish the barrage of attacks with a quick palm thrust to the midsection of the dummy.*

    Rank: C
    Type: Attack
    Range: Short
    Chakra Cost: N/A
    Damage Points:15
    Description: This technique is a series of kicking attacks, starting from a low kick and linking into a middle kick and high kick then finishing off with a heel drop. As the rotation speed picks up the user gains buoyancy, which they use to shift into gradually higher attacks.


    Rank: C
    Type: Attack
    Range: Short
    Chakra cost: N/A
    Damage points: 15
    Description: The user strikes the opponent with a forwarding palm thrust.



    ________
    Wasn't sure if you wanted a mix of freeform and jutsu or me to use 9 consecutive jutsu so I did a bit of freeform followed by the use of taijutsu jutsu >_>
     
         

  6. #6
    Scorps's Avatar
    Status
    Scorps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jigoku
    Posts
    17,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    On vacations until 4th of
    August.
     



    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Good! Now, come here

    Takes a scroll, does a series of handseals and in a puff some leg weights pop in front of us

    Now, these are still inactive. Strap them around your legs and lets activate them.
     
         

  7. #7
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    28,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Good! Now, come here

    Takes a scroll, does a series of handseals and in a puff some leg weights pop in front of us

    Now, these are still inactive. Strap them around your legs and lets activate them.
    *I take the leg weights as they pop in front of us and begin to strap then to my ankles. I adjust the straps so the weights fit snug and I wait on you.*

    Jūgo: Alright, I'm ready when you are.
     
         

  8. #8
    Scorps's Avatar
    Status
    Scorps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jigoku
    Posts
    17,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    On vacations until 4th of
    August.
     



    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Hashirama does one handseal and activates the leg weights that immediatly calibrate to your own strength.

    ok, it should prove challenging but not impossible to move right now. Basically, you should be feeling the restriction of the added weight but still be capable of moving. I think its about 20kgs each right now. How do you feel?

    (Katai Omori) Leg Weights
    Type: Weapon/Supplementary
    Rank: A-rank
    Range: Short
    Chakra: 30
    Damage: N/A
    Description:
    The Leg Weights used for Special Taijutsu Training with Added Weights are made through the application of a sealing formula to ordinary leg weights. The sealing formula is used to, through the use of chakra, increase the weight of the leg weights to the desired level. The seal can't be applied to anything other than the leg weights and its use is restricted to its original purpose. One can remove the leg weights but the sealing technique in them stays active indefinetely and can't be released. Additionally, the Leg Weights and their unique seal calibration makes them only usable by the ninja to whom they belong. They can't be sealed or stolen.

    ______

    Btw, the weight i'm listing is just for RP purposes, it has no value in the technique or in battle itself. Added them to the bio, hope i didn't mess the template.
     
         

  9. #9
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    28,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorps View Post
    Hashirama does one handseal and activates the leg weights that immediatly calibrate to your own strength.

    ok, it should prove challenging but not impossible to move right now. Basically, you should be feeling the restriction of the added weight but still be capable of moving. I think its about 20kgs each right now. How do you feel?

    (Katai Omori) Leg Weights
    Type: Weapon/Supplementary
    Rank: A-rank
    Range: Short
    Chakra: 30
    Damage: N/A
    Description:
    The Leg Weights used for Special Taijutsu Training with Added Weights are made through the application of a sealing formula to ordinary leg weights. The sealing formula is used to, through the use of chakra, increase the weight of the leg weights to the desired level. The seal can't be applied to anything other than the leg weights and its use is restricted to its original purpose. One can remove the leg weights but the sealing technique in them stays active indefinetely and can't be released. Additionally, the Leg Weights and their unique seal calibration makes them only usable by the ninja to whom they belong. They can't be sealed or stolen.

    ______

    Btw, the weight i'm listing is just for RP purposes, it has no value in the technique or in battle itself. Added them to the bio, hope i didn't mess the template.
    *I begin by shaking my legs a bit to adjust myself to the weight and I repeat the short warm up from before letting my legs and my body get used to the extra weight before we continue with the strenuous workout part.*

    Jūgo: Yeah, I feel the added weight. It makes moving a bit harder on me but no where near impossible.
     
         

  10. #10
    Scorps's Avatar
    Status
    Scorps is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Jigoku
    Posts
    17,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    On vacations until 4th of
    August.
     



    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Right! now, return in one moon cycle and be sure to practice during that time. You'll get better the more you practice with them. Be careful not to injure yourself though.

    Hashirama disperses into a blob of mud


    ____________

    In one month, link me this thread and we'll advance to the other part of the training. In the meanwhile you need to do 3 official battles with the weights on that you'll link at that time, mimicking what would happen in the manga where the ninja would train/fight using the weights to gain experience. Until then, you can't use the drop weights technique ^^ cya in one month.
     
         

  11. #11
    Lili-Chwan's Avatar
    Status
    Lili-Chwan is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Behind you, with a knife...or not
    Posts
    16,477
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! Don't go call my status
    lame! - Ok then you're lame! (
    I don't know you, but I will
    find you, and I will lame you)
    Not before I find you and Lame
    you! This is bullying, you
    lame lamer!
     



    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    I'll be conducting the rest of th training if that's ok with you
     
         

  12. #12
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    28,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Forgot about this, anyway it's been a lot longer then a month and here are three official fights.

     
         

  13. #13
    Mephistopheles's Avatar
    Status
    Mephistopheles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    i bhfad ró-ó neamh
    Posts
    18,156
    Post Thanks / Like
    Property of Vincent -
    HOLLAND!! 1-5!!!!
     



    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    I was asked to take over from here by Howard.

    Good. Are you feeling a difference now that you are getting more accustomed to the weights?
    Anyway, for the next part of the training you will need to take your weights off.

    (Katai Omori: Doroppu) Leg Weights: Drop
    Type: Supplementary
    Rank: A-Rank
    Range: Short
    Chakra: N/A
    Damage: N/A (+20 to Kicks, 2x Running Speed)
    Description:
    The user stops, bends over to reach his legs and unstraps his leg weights, dropping them to the ground. As a result the user gains a drastic boost to his running speed (doubles) and +20 to all his Strong Fist Kick-related moves. However, this boost in strength and speed is completely nulified when releasing the EIG or when using any kind of movement speed enhancement technique or weight manipulation technique; they don't add up on each other.

    Try to run around for a bit ^^
     
         

  14. #14
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    28,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Jūgo unstraps the weights and they fall to the ground with a loud earth shaking thud. They cause a small crater to form as they slam into the ground.
    Wow, those got heavier then I thought they would. Jūgo proceeds to stretch his legs before bolting off running in a large circle around your position. As he runs he notices it's much easier without the weights to keep a fast pace, and he's able to easily run double what he could with them on. His legs feel all around stronger and his kicking potential has grown as well.
    This is fantastic! Jūgo grins a bit as he skids to a stop. He runs his right hand through his hair slicking it back and looks on for further instructions.
     
         
    Last edited by Howard; 05-15-2013 at 12:05 PM.

  15. #15
    Mephistopheles's Avatar
    Status
    Mephistopheles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    i bhfad ró-ó neamh
    Posts
    18,156
    Post Thanks / Like
    Property of Vincent -
    HOLLAND!! 1-5!!!!
     



    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Looks good, looks good. But tell me, what limitations can you think of when you are using them? And what do you feel its the biggest drawback?
     
         

  16. #16
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    28,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
    Looks good, looks good. But tell me, what limitations can you think of when you are using them? And what do you feel its the biggest drawback?
    *Stands idly.*

    The limitations are that I have to wear the weights at all times, when not dropping them. It's also not a permanent speed boost just a temporary one, meaning it lasts for the battle I'm in basically. That's just about the only drawbacks I can think of.
     
         
    Last edited by Howard; 05-27-2013 at 06:21 AM.

  17. #17
    Mephistopheles's Avatar
    Status
    Mephistopheles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    i bhfad ró-ó neamh
    Posts
    18,156
    Post Thanks / Like
    Property of Vincent -
    HOLLAND!! 1-5!!!!
     



    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Also, you can drop them only once. Is this in your opinion an advantage or a disadvantage? Why?
     
         

  18. #18
    Howard's Avatar
    Status
    Howard is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Shrine of Two Moons
    Posts
    28,567
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O
     

    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Quote Originally Posted by Leaf View Post
    Also, you can drop them only once. Is this in your opinion an advantage or a disadvantage? Why?
    Seems like an advantage imo, it means that throughout the rest of a war I'd have the perks of dropping the weights in whichever fight I do it in so if I do it in my first fight I'll maintain the boost to strength and speed till the end of the war or until death.
     
         

  19. #19
    Mephistopheles's Avatar
    Status
    Mephistopheles is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    i bhfad ró-ó neamh
    Posts
    18,156
    Post Thanks / Like
    Property of Vincent -
    HOLLAND!! 1-5!!!!
     



    Re: Weight Training with Scorps

    Alright, only thing for you to do left is update your bio with the weights, and link in it to this training session ^^
    Have fun with them, and know, with power comes responsibility!
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •