Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Kimblee Vs. Kisame Floydical's Avatar
    Status
    Floydical is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,188
    Location
    In Your Blind Spot
    chillin
     

    Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    This thread is about the Juubi, its six tomoe eye and what used to be its 9 tomoe eye. I have a theory as to why the eye is currently depicted differently from its original design. The theory itself did turn out a little long, so if you want to skip to the end (2nd to last paragraph), than go right ahead.

    Now we all know that the original 9 tomoe was introduced way back in 467 and as recently as chapter 606 we've seen it represented with 6-tomoe. Now many people have suggested that the 6 tomoe represents an incomplete transformation, basically they say that if the Juubi had been revived with all the power of the 9 biju, it would have been revived with 9 tomoe. However, I have some problems with this theory and its overall likelihood.

    First off, it is confirmed that the Juubi contains 100% of the chakra from biju 1-7 and contains only a portion of 8 and 9, correct? Now if each of the 9 tomoe represent one beast's chakra, than wouldn't we see the Juubi with 7 tomoe and not 6? Basically I'm arguing that only having 6 of its 9 tomoe would not make sense considering that which we already know. But even more importantly, we actually saw evidence of the 6 tomoe in a recent chapter:



    Now just one occurrence like this in the manga is essentially negligible, but as soon as it happens twice, it something that cannot be ignored:



    Basically what I am saying is that Kishi outright CHANGED THE DESIGN of the Juubi's eye for a VERY DISTINCT PURPOSE. I feel, with the utmost certainty, that the 9 tomoe will never occur in the manga again at this point, only the 6 tomoe.

    Now before I reveal my explanation as to why Kishi changed it, I want to bring up one other theory. At least one person said that they believe that the 6 tomoe would become 9 under the influence of a 3-tomoe sharingan. They say that perhaps a sharingan user controlling the 6 tomoe results in a 9-tomoe. But I have one major problem with that:



    Here is the juubi showing the 9 tomoe with, who else, but the sage. And I think we can all agree (correct?) that the sage only had the Rinnegan, not a normal sharingan. So case in point, how could the Juubi's 6 tomoe appear as a 9 tomoe when the Sage himself never had access to the sharingan?

    I could try to go on with this, but the point I'm getting at is that Kishi outright changed the design of the eye itself, and nothing more. We have seen him do this before, most notably in Sasuke's case. Now I have posted this example many times, but Kishi CLEARLY CHANGED the design of Sasuke's EMS from each eye being an inverse of one another to being identical. Essentially, he changed the design for ASCETIC REASONS more than anything, and that is exactly what I'm suggesting here.

    Long story short, here is my theory:

    Sasuke (as many people suggested) will get, what is now, the 6 tomoe. People say this because most assumed he would get the Rinnegan, but at this point, the Rinnegan is overused, old-hat, worthless, whatever you want to call it. So the only logical explanation is that he gets something greater than this, the 6 tomoe. However, I think many people discounted this theory simply because THE IDEA OF SOMEONE HAVING A PAIR OF 9 TOMOE EYES WOULD SIMPLY BE RIDICULOUS. It would simply look terrible and not be ASCETICALLY pleasing at all. Therefore, the extent of my theory is that Kishi changed it from 9 to 6 simply because he wants to give the eye to Sasuke and feels that a 6 tomoe would look much better on him than a 9 tomoe, simple as that.

    Now go ahead and flame me if you wish, but we've have multiple examples of Kishi outright changing things in his manga for one reason or another. Some seem to be for ascetic reasons, as I've shown, but also for convenience purposes, like representing physical forms of the Edo Tensei's soul (a clear change from souls shown in the past) in order to show Dan's ghost tech and to allow Madara to return to his edo body. What I'm trying to say is that I feel there is no reason to believe that Kishi would not change something like this for such a simple reason. Thoughts, comments, suggestions, further discussions?
     
         

  2. #2
    Senior Member rollin's Avatar
    Status
    rollin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    7,766
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    I think naruto will get the juubis body by being the jinchuuriki and sasuke will get the juubis eyes
     
         

  3. #3
    ★ X mark the SPOT ★ u wanna die's Avatar
    Status
    u wanna die is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,776
    Location
    parallel narutoverse
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    its a long read but it quite enjoying... kishi may change the 9 tomoe to 6 tomoe but not for the simplest reason that it looks good on sasuke.. that would be a L O L... but i believe you when you say that he makes changes in his manga... but not that reason i guess...
     
         

  4. #4
    ▓☆ The Oh' Flawless One ★▓ ' ~ Dantee ~ ''s Avatar
    Status
    ' ~ Dantee ~ ' is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    34,795
    Location
    On my alt account moderating.
    #FreeMacho
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    I find it hard to believe Kishi would do that just for a minor look change but nice find.
     
         

  5. #5
    Kimblee Vs. Kisame Floydical's Avatar
    Status
    Floydical is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,188
    Location
    In Your Blind Spot
    chillin
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    Quote Originally Posted by rollin View Post
    I think naruto will get the juubis body by being the jinchuuriki and sasuke will get the juubis eyes
    That very well might be the case in the end.

    Quote Originally Posted by u wanna die View Post
    its a long read but it quite enjoying... kishi may change the 9 tomoe to 6 tomoe but not for the simplest reason that it looks good on sasuke.. that would be a L O L... but i believe you when you say that he makes changes in his manga... but not that reason i guess...
    Your forgetting that Sasuke is Kishi's #1 most favorite character (he's said it before). So i think it would be within reason for him to make a change like that for the sake is his most beloved creation.
     
         

  6. #6
    ★ X mark the SPOT ★ u wanna die's Avatar
    Status
    u wanna die is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,776
    Location
    parallel narutoverse
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    Quote Originally Posted by ' ~ Dantee ~ ' View Post
    I find it hard to believe Kishi would do that just for a minor look change but nice find.
    thats also my point

    THis ^^
     
         

  7. #7
    Senior Member muutobirama3rdraikagemizu's Avatar
    Status
    muutobirama3rdraikagemizu is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,378
    SHISHUI IS UNDARRATED
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    Incomplete form
     
         

  8. #8
    Minato! MinatoTheYellowFlash's Avatar
    Status
    MinatoTheYellowFlash is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    7,052
    Location
    Anywhere my kunai's and seals are
    Madara (god mode) solo's sm
    minato; proven.
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    Sasuke will get it not naruto.
     
         

  9. #9
    ★ X mark the SPOT ★ u wanna die's Avatar
    Status
    u wanna die is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,776
    Location
    parallel narutoverse
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    Quote Originally Posted by Floydical View Post
    That very well might be the case in the end.



    Your forgetting that Sasuke is Kishi's #1 most favorite character (he's said it before). So i think it would be within reason for him to make a change like that for the sake is his most beloved creation.
    haha... its already given.... but kishi way of thinking not just that simple ... im sure there more to it than just looking gud...
     
         

  10. #10
    Senior Member Tsunade no Sama's Avatar
    Status
    Tsunade no Sama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,957
    Location
    Kyoto (京都市 )
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    Floyd where have you been hiding. Thanks for reemerging with a good thread to read. Welcome back. :3
     
         

  11. #11
    Banned
    Status
    Zlad is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    8,103
    Location
    Norway
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    I guess Kishi changed his mind, Tobi said that incomplete or not it wouldnt matter of the power

     
         

  12. #12
    Kimblee Vs. Kisame Floydical's Avatar
    Status
    Floydical is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,188
    Location
    In Your Blind Spot
    chillin
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    Quote Originally Posted by Cho View Post
    Floyd where have you been hiding. Thanks for reemerging with a good thread to read. Welcome back. :3
    Thanks but I never really went anywhere

    Quote Originally Posted by u wanna die View Post
    haha... its already given.... but kishi way of thinking not just that simple ... im sure there more to it than just looking gud...
    Well you could say something crazy like Kishi meant to have a deeper connection to the sage of the 6 paths and the 6 tomoe necklace that he always carried around. You could even say that its possible that after taming the Juubi, the sage split 3 tomoe from the Juubi's eye, ingrained them into his own DNA and broke the Juubi up into 9 parts after reducing its eye to having 6 tomoe, but who would ever believe that? All of these ideas require much greater explanations and based on Kishi's latest trends, I believe we will get exactly ZERO explanation as to why he changed the design. Basically, if we never get an explanation, we can't assume anything clear cut other than for ascetic reasons.
     
         

  13. #13
    Member
    Status
    TrickyDD is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    597
    Location
    Canada
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    nice!
     
         

  14. #14
    Senior Member Cursed Prince's Avatar
    Status
    Cursed Prince is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    15,989
    Location
    On NB trollin
    I've been searching
    everywhere, and I can't seem
    to find, Molly.
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    I dont knlw how.Sasuke will look with that eye. I imagine pretty weird
     
         

  15. #15
    FEAR THE GENTLE FIST The Demonic Kazekage's Avatar
    Status
    The Demonic Kazekage is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,124
    Location
    Trapped Within The City Of Dis
    Im bored
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    Sounds interesting
    I like the idea
     
         

  16. #16
    ★ X mark the SPOT ★ u wanna die's Avatar
    Status
    u wanna die is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,776
    Location
    parallel narutoverse
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    Quote Originally Posted by Floydical View Post
    Thanks but I never really went anywhere



    Well you could say something crazy like Kishi meant to have a deeper connection to the sage of the 6 paths and the 6 tomoe necklace that he always carried around. You could even say that its possible that after taming the Juubi, the sage split 3 tomoe from the Juubi's eye, ingrained them into his own DNA and broke the Juubi up into 9 parts after reducing its eye to having 6 tomoe, but who would ever believe that? All of these ideas require much greater explanations and based on Kishi's latest trends, I believe we will get exactly ZERO explanation as to why he changed the design. Basically, if we never get an explanation, we can't assume anything clear cut other than for ascetic reasons.
    hhaha.. i cud say anything but kishi has the last say to that!
     
         

  17. #17
    Senior Member cptenn94's Avatar
    Status
    cptenn94 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    2,755
    Takin it easy
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    im curious where sasukes ems is inverse of each other.....but possible

    i think it is more like ms or tomoe in sharingan...where you fully unlock one stage....i think the reason it only has 2 sets of tomoe(6) is because it woul look akward if kishi drew it that way....i think it is more representative of juubis powerlevel(being 2/3) of its full power...also when obito referenced juubi perfect formi think it was 9 tomoe.....i could be wrong, but that is what i think....but the full form 9 tomoe the tomoe are represetative of powers or the 9 tb......cant wait till next week
     
         

  18. #18
    Premium User -ahhimane-'s Avatar
    Status
    -ahhimane- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    8,576
    Location
    INDIA
    BEING ALONE IS BETTER THAN
    BEING WITH A WRONG PERSON.
     



    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    Is there any connection of these words that Tobi said here : Middle Right Panel




    Tobi meant to say that its the Third Reincarnation of the Sage of Six Paths.
     
         

  19. #19
    Kimblee Vs. Kisame Floydical's Avatar
    Status
    Floydical is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    3,188
    Location
    In Your Blind Spot
    chillin
     

    Re: Possible reason for the new 6-tomoe

    Quote Originally Posted by Cursed Prince View Post
    I dont knlw how.Sasuke will look with that eye. I imagine pretty weird
    Exactly, thats the main reason I could think of, because he would look LESS weird with the 6 tomoe than the 9 tomoe.

    Quote Originally Posted by cptenn94 View Post
    im curious where sasukes ems is inverse of each other.....but possible

    i think it is more like ms or tomoe in sharingan...where you fully unlock one stage....i think the reason it only has 2 sets of tomoe(6) is because it woul look akward if kishi drew it that way....i think it is more representative of juubis powerlevel(being 2/3) of its full power...also when obito referenced juubi perfect formi think it was 9 tomoe.....i could be wrong, but that is what i think....but the full form 9 tomoe the tomoe are represetative of powers or the 9 tb......cant wait till next week
    Here is sasuke's original EMS followed by his current EMS:





    As you can see, Sasuke's original EMS made him look cross-eyed. So Kishi later changed it, probably due to his assistants, to make it look more acceptable overall, imo.

    Quote Originally Posted by ahhimane View Post
    Is there any connection of these words that Tobi said here : Middle Right Panel




    Tobi meant to say that its the Third Reincarnation of the Sage of Six Paths.
    You mean this?



    Yes the actual translation is "You were the third sage of the six paths". I don't understand what you are getting at though, are you trying to connect this to Sasuke and the 6-tomoe?
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •