Respected and Feared KingHashirama's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flamio sir, flam-i-o

Shunsui : The Shinigami that was underestimated the most

Whether you wanna admit it or not.... this guy has been the most underestimated. Even though its due to how he was represented in the Manga aka the series .. he was still thought to be weaker then Urahara and etc. Sure with the new discovery of Unohana I believe she is the second underestimated quincy.. But this guy was like the NEXT choice after Yamamoto.. and they didn't even take time to think about it.. its like BAM right after the invasion, hes the commander.

And hell the guy is already making raw ass decisions and telling the 46th central to know their damn role (indirectly). Man, I thought he was freaking in the invasion arc.. but when he got appointed the new commander I changed mind and guessed that he probably didn't even go all out.

I'm pretty sure there are many others who thought Ukitake would be the next in line for commander , just like me. (Well i thought it would be kenpachi, because I didn't know that Yamamoto was gonna die so soon). But damn man..... this guy has like whole mood change when Old man Yama died. I was kind of glad, and shocked cause I like his character a lot.. but I expected someone like Urahara or Ukitake to be the new commander X_X

And even though many of you will post saying " i already knew" and etc.. you inside your heart know that you didn't think of him as the strongest Shinigami after the Old Man.

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Shunsui : The Shinigami that was underestimated the most

When he dominated Stark I knew he is hella strong.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.

i always had a feeling he was the seconds strongest mainly because him and Utikate had been captains for the second longest and also due to the fact he is healthier then Utikate it was only natural

Status
    Currently in Ancrath with Amaimon shishou
    Post Thanks / Like
    the 3 rules of flow - Go with
    the flow - Merge with the flow
    - Disrupt the flow -

Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    i always had a feeling he was the seconds strongest mainly because him and Utikate had been captains for the second longest and also due to the fact he is healthier then Utikate it was only natural
    this ^ but i wasnt expecting him to be captain comander because of his laid back attitude ....

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flamio sir, flam-i-o

Quote Originally Posted by GIMV View Post
    When he dominated Stark I knew he is hella strong.
    Stark faced more then just shunsui though ;x

I believed it was still Ukitake. Cause Ukitake looked like the "Itachi" kind of a guy, sick.. but still powerfull then others.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingHashirama View Post
    Stark faced more then just shunsui though ;x

I believed it was still Ukitake. Cause Ukitake looked like the "Itachi" kind of a guy, sick.. but still powerfull then others.
    i can see that but they can't have a captain commander who is bed ridden most of the time

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flamio sir, flam-i-o

i can see that but they can't have a captain commander who is bed ridden most of the time
    But hes not really bed ridden though. Hes just like Itachi man. ^_^. I mean he is the master behind the whole shinigami substitute badge thing :D

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

But hes not really bed ridden though. Hes just like Itachi man. ^_^. I mean he is the master behind the whole shinigami substitute badge thing :D
    lol true that

White Imperial Blade kotoamatsukami's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    “Foolishness is more than
    being stupid, that deadly
    combination of arrogance and
    ignorance.”

What lol unohana is the second strOngest then comes shinji...kyraku was chosen over thoese two because he has been captian longer than shinji an is closer to Yamamoto (friend wise) than unohana is.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Whether you wanna admit it or not.... this guy has been the most underestimated. Even though its due to how he was represented in the Manga aka the series .. he was still thought to be weaker then Urahara and etc. Sure with the new discovery of Unohana I believe she is the second underestimated quincy.. But this guy was like the NEXT choice after Yamamoto.. and they didn't even take time to think about it.. its like BAM right after the invasion, hes the commander.

And hell the guy is already making raw ass decisions and telling the 46th central to know their damn role (indirectly). Man, I thought he was freaking in the invasion arc.. but when he got appointed the new commander I changed mind and guessed that he probably didn't even go all out.

I'm pretty sure there are many others who thought Ukitake would be the next in line for commander , just like me. (Well i thought it would be kenpachi, because I didn't know that Yamamoto was gonna die so soon). But damn man..... this guy has like whole mood change when Old man Yama died. I was kind of glad, and shocked cause I like his character a lot.. but I expected someone like Urahara or Ukitake to be the new commander X_X

And even though many of you will post saying " i already knew" and etc.. you inside your heart know that you didn't think of him as the strongest Shinigami after the Old Man.
    No one but morons ever thought Kyoraku was weaker than Urahara...

It's been known that Yamamoto, Unohana, Kyoraku, and Ukitake were the strongest Captains ever since the discovery that they were the oldest so I don't know where you're getting this idea that Kyoraku was ever underestimated. When Yamamoto died, the only obvious choices for the new Captain Commander were Unohana or Kyoraku. Both are wise, strong, and level-headed. However, with Kyoraku being Yama's student it only makes sense that he'd take up his teacher's mantle.

On a side note, there's still evidence that suggests Unohana may be stronger than Kyoraku and Ukitake. Kyoraku being appointed the new Captain Commander isn't indicative of him being the strongest. At the end of the day, what really matters is the ability to lead the Gotei 13 and raise their spirits. Something Kyoraku was clearly shown doing after the Quincy invasion. This combined with his strength is what landed him the CC position. It's not always about sheer power.

Don't make his appointment seem like something that came out of the blue, because it wasn't. Any Bleach reader with a shred of common sense saw it coming.

Last edited by NLee; 01-03-2013 at 03:35 AM.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ignorance.”

Quote Originally Posted by NLee View Post
    No one but morons ever thought Kyoraku was weaker than Urahara...

It's been known that Yamamoto, Unohana, Kyoraku, and Ukitake were the strongest Captains ever since the discovery that they were the oldest so I don't know where you're getting this idea that Kyoraku was ever underestimated. When Yamamoto died, the only obvious choices for the new Captain Commander were Unohana or Kyoraku. Both are wise, strong, and level-headed. However, with Kyoraku being Yama's student it only makes sense that he'd take up his teacher's mantle.

On a side note, there's still evidence that suggests Unohana may be stronger than Kyoraku and Ukitake. Kyoraku being appointed the new Captain Commander isn't indicative of him being the strongest. At the end of the day, what really matters is the ability to lead the Gotei 13 and raise their spirits. Something Kyoraku was clearly shown doing after the Quincy invasion. This combined with his strength is what landed him the CC position. It's not always about sheer power.

Don't make his appointment seem like something that came out of the blue, because it wasn't. Any Bleach reader with a shred of common sense saw it coming.
    What lol kyraku can beat urahara lol Please stop lol he's to smart just had to say that an plus we all kno he can't over power urahara so he will lose.

Yamamoto said he was head captian because there was no one stronger than him so is it about power Probly,Probly not...well he did create it so I guess it was only right he was the leader.

Last edited by kotoamatsukami; 01-03-2013 at 04:18 AM.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Whether you wanna admit it or not.... this guy has been the most underestimated. Even though its due to how he was represented in the Manga aka the series .. he was still thought to be weaker then Urahara and etc.
    I really don't know where you got that from, from the begining it was pretty much shown that him and ukitake were hella strong, as soon as yamamoto said about making them the first captain's on the gotie 13 it was obvious they were hella strong...

I'm pretty sure there are many others who thought Ukitake would be the next in line for commander , just like me. (Well i thought it would be kenpachi, because I didn't know that Yamamoto was gonna die so soon).

It was obvious pretty that it would be him, even though his and ukitake's powers have been shown to be at a similar level and we don't know who's stronger, Ukitake is always ill so is obvoiusly not gonna take the position, so it was out of him and Unohana.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waking up with a Hard on is
    Hard

Quote Originally Posted by kotoamatsukami View Post
    What lol kyraku can beat urahara lol Please stop lol he's to smart just had to say that an plus we all kno he can't over power urahara so he will lose.

Yamamoto said he was head captian because there was no one stronger than him so is it about power Probly,Probly not...well he did create it so I guess it was only right he was the leader.

That proves nothing about uraharra being able to beat Shunsui. If anything I give a slight edge to shunsui.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ignorance.”

Quote Originally Posted by Roju View Post
    That proves nothing about uraharra being able to beat Shunsui. If anything I give a slight edge to shunsui.
    What you mean it proves nothing his smartness just makes him to strong an from what I seen urahara shikai is better..guess I'll wait to see the bankai's

Status
    Dec 2010
    I am looking at the stars. They are so far away, all we ever see of stars is their old photographs.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Red flesh cloud's choking out
    the morning sky, they said
    it'd never come, we knew it
    was a lie. All forms of life
    die now, the humans all
    succumb. Time to kiss your ass
    goodbye. the end has just
    begun.

Shunsui has always been my favorite (originally the pervy/lazy attitude and then later the rest of his persona) but has been (in my mind at least) one of the strongest captains below Yamamoto, unohana (after that flashback stating she was even older then them and they were afraid of her for her fighting power) on par or slightly above his white-haired partner and Shinji and those 5 generally above the others by a noticeable amount. So i wasn't surprised when he was made CC the only other one i was guessing was Ukitake because of the fact that he tracked ichigo though his badge he might be a lot more active behind doors then people think.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vampire Diaries is the shit

every since shunsui didnt want to show his bankai i knew he was strong

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Waking up with a Hard on is
    Hard

Quote Originally Posted by Chibakuu Tensei View Post
    every since shunsui didnt want to show his bankai i knew he was strong

You mean ever since ukitake said you should not use it where people may see it.

Status
    Mar 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

^
    Yup. But nonetheless Kyoraku still beat Stark without having to use it. Defeating the Primera Espada with only a Shikai is pretty impressive. And that was after he took a full on point-blank Cero to the back. He is one tough bastard

Last edited by NLee; 01-10-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Academy Student
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

What you mean it proves nothing his smartness just makes him to strong an from what I seen urahara shikai is better..guess I'll wait to see the bankai's

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ignorance.”

Quote Originally Posted by Everblight View Post
    Just saying wats true he can't beat urahara.

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Shunsui and Unohana are the two strongest. Closely followed by Ukitake. Ukitake has a weak body, so as well as randomly having moments of illness, he may be more susceptible to damage...
    I feel the moment Shunsui beat Starrk, and seeing Starkk take out two captain class Vizards, that when he was in the mood for it, Shunsui was a different level, and after he lectured them on a duty as a captain, to ignore style, you knew he was a senior captain.
    We've never seen Unohana fighting at her best either, so maybe when the time comes, we'll see what they're made of.

Kenpachi, Unohana, Shunsui, Isshin and Urahara are the 5 characters I want to see fighting at full power. I imagine they'll be nothing short of awesome :D