Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

The Wheel of Time's Final book, A Memory of Light, has finally been realeased.

Currently working through it, enjoying every minute.

For those who don't know, The Wheel of Time is one of the most comprehensive and well done fantasy stories to date. (IMO, of course.) Spanning fourteen lengthy and well detailed books, it's been over twenty years in the making, being completed even after the death of the book's original author, Robert Jordan. (May he rest in peace.)

Luckily, author Brandon Sanderson picked back up the epic, and using Jordan's story notes, was able to complete the series at last, with the final book being released state side this week. To fans, I'll only say one thing you probably already knew; it's awesome.

For those who haven't picked up the series already, I'm going to highly recommend it. Cause damn, every book is a good read.

Status
    May 2011
    Reluctantly Approved by NB

Re: The Wheel of Time's Final book, A Memory of Light, has finally been realeased.

Nice to know it is finally completed. I stopped reading after Knife of Dreams. At first the story was progressing pretty well, but as it's popularity grew, I felt like he was slowing it down unnecessarily. I know that we could say the same thing of Kishi right now but the investment of time is much less and the cultural tie-ins are of more interest to me. Jordan wasn't kidding when he said that he intended to continue writing till they nailed shut his coffin.

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: The Wheel of Time's Final book, A Memory of Light, has finally been realeased.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyakusetsu View Post
    Nice to know it is finally completed. I stopped reading after Knife of Dreams. At first the story was progressing pretty well, but as it's popularity grew, I felt like he was slowing it down unnecessarily. I know that we could say the same thing of Kishi right now but the investment of time is much less and the cultural tie-ins are of more interest to me. Jordan wasn't kidding when he said that he intended to continue writing till they nailed shut his coffin.
    Haha, not that I would ever compare Kishi to Jordan. Jordan's on such a higher level it's not even funny. He was a great author, and he'll be missed. At the very least, he devoted his time to creating one great series.

Served fresh daily
    Status
    May 2012
    Damn, it feels good to be a
    wangsta

Never heard of it before, I'll check it out, but I don't know if I can add 14 books to my reading list

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Wang View Post
    Never heard of it before, I'll check it out, but I don't know if I can add 14 books to my reading list
    You wouldn't be the only one. If I tried to pick them up today, there's no way in hell I would have time to read all of them. I was lucky enough to find them during high school.

But you really can't go wrong with the first three or so books. They by themselves are awesome.

Served fresh daily
    Status
    May 2012
    Damn, it feels good to be a
    wangsta

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    You wouldn't be the only one. If I tried to pick them up today, there's no way in hell I would have time to read all of them. I was lucky enough to find them during high school.

But you really can't go wrong with the first three or so books. They by themselves are awesome.
    I'll check 'em out