• No

54 26.21%
Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last»
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Is suicide a selfish act?

I think it's an easy way out for those that are suffering/depressed. Not only that, but by doing so they also make others suffer, voluntarily or not. Overcoming obstacles in life, that's what takes true bravery, imo. What do you think?

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    Follow the Forum Rules

Re: Is suicide a selfish act?

Its someones decision, some people actually can't take the pain while others just jump the gun and aren't rational on the other hand it would be sort of in a way selfish to not let someone die on their own will.

Hatred will always exists obito777's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Will Obito live in the end?

It depends on how you look at it and the situation

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pacifist

Yes it is, nothing is more expensive or better then someone's life

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Haters gonna hate; Potatoes
    gonna potate.

i think its a cowards way out...but it mostly depends on the situation they're in...which usually isnt bad enough for committing suicide

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    People who say it cannot be
    done should not interrupt
    those who are doing it. -
    George Bernard Shaw

You can never truly understand the person until you know same pain as him/her.

God of Wood O_O HashiramaDescendant's Avatar
    Status
    Mar 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    안녕하세요! ^^

Yes. It's the easy way out, also.

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    A Official NB Perv

If someone does suicide for bad reason then its selfish.But if the person sufferse alot and for a long time and no other way then he isnt selfish.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Some people have had a lot of shit happen to them stuff that will traumatize them every second they are awake...i think it can be selfish when families stop peopole from killing themselves and make them live in hell just so they don't have to morn there deaths..but commiting suicide can be selfish also

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think it's always bad. It just depends on the type of scenario you're talking about.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by -Carnage- View Post
    i think its a cowards way out...but it mostly depends on the situation they're in...which usually isnt bad enough for committing suicide
    Couldn't had said it any better myself

Senior Member Ace of the fire fist's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    >

Cowards way out. Plus the majority of people do it over bullying in school? I hope they realise school doesn't last forever... Even if they start feeling crap about themselves, they have a loving family who prove otherwise...

If it's something like abuse at home, call your council and put yourself up for foster care... There's always an answer.

Bambi > your Fav-Character silmarill's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmWumbo View Post
    It's a ***** move, truthfully I don't care the slightest bit about those people.
    I don't feel like I lost something valuable whenever someone commits suicide.
    U could say the same about any random death tbh whether its suicide or a tsunami

Status
    Apr 2012
    Chilling with Roshi, Sanji, Brook and Jiraiya at bathhouses.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does DNA stand for?
    National Dyslexic Association
    ofc!l

I am of both minds, One part of me thinks it is their choice and is smore justified if they are faced with a horrible sickness, however the larger part thinks that it causes a terrible terrible pain for the family and friends, they might be left wondering if there was something they could of done if the person was sad.

Ignore the part condoning suicide there actually. I think it is better to have the belief you can over come something. Stay strong!

Last edited by Narutohokage7; 01-12-2013 at 10:26 PM.

The Ghost Of A Legend. Arcaneos510X's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hello there i have a lot of experince with suicide so let me just air my opinion and then you may do what you will with it.
    I say that it is, because no matter whom you are, or whether you know it or not, somone cares about you and if you care about them so little as to make them go through the pain of losing somone that they cared about, then yes i would say it is quite selfish.
    And this is the primary reason im still alive to talk about it, not necessarily by my own choice but there you have it from somone that has been there them self.

Bambi > your Fav-Character silmarill's Avatar
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

People who get hit by a Tsunami don't really have a choice, you choose suicide.
    I was commenting on ur second line and thx for clearing that up

Status
    Dec 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    And that is exactly why I'm
    the King in this deck of
    cards.

This topic always opens up a can of worms.
    It is possible to look at suicide as an act of selfishness from a certain perspective.
    However, some of the posts above mine seem very narrow minded.

Not everyone has a strong family support system to love them and coddle them when they feel like crap.
    Sometimes I feel it's even more selfish for family members/friends to try to stop someone from committing suicide (over something really huge, not just being bullied at school), because they don't want to feel like crap after that person kills themselves. Though with my response, there are many different things that come into play and stopping someone from killing themselves doesn't make you purely selfish, but it can be looked upon as such.

And while there can "always be an answer", I sincerely doubt most of us, have gone through a time when we've really hit our lowest point. If anyone of you, have and you're still alive today, I commend you, but you're live is yours and though killing yourself can be "selfish", everyone has their breaking point.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Chilling with Roshi, Sanji, Brook and Jiraiya at bathhouses.
    Post Thanks / Like
    What does DNA stand for?
    National Dyslexic Association
    ofc!l

Actually F**K my last comment, the larger part wins out. I knew someone who had cancer and they battled the desease not giving up and any point. Victims of bullying? I was bullied, suck it up show you're better than the person bullying you.

Be strong people.

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fresh from Heartbreak </3

No. its an easier way to end the Pain Well im one of this people you mentioned here LOL.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let My Own Lack of a Voice Be
    Heard!

You know, suicide in and by itself is a most illogical action.
    If you're a Christian Theist, suicide earns you an eternity in Hell. If you're an Atheist; you're just gone. Most Religions 'punish' suicide after you're through and a majority of people on Earth are Religious. So there.
    Anyway; if you've accepted that you wish to kill yourself, then why do it immediately? When you're ready to die and have accepted death, every possibility is open to you. Shool getting you down? **** school. Same thing with your job, your wife, your family, your life. Go to Mexico. Do Drugs. Borrow a ton of money that you'll never be able to pay back. Commit fraud. Buy guns. Go skydiving. Have unprotected sex with STD-infected prostitues. If you're ready to die; you can do anything. The world is in your palm when you've accepted death. Responsibility becomes an illusion.
    Why would you ruin it by killing yourself in a dark room? You can kill yourself over time while having a blast. Hell, maybe you'll find your lust for life somewhere on one of your epic adventures.
    Suicide is selfish. Especially shooting yourself in the head: someone else will have to mop it up.

Status
    Apr 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Considering the response, I don't understand why people make such a big fuss about:

IMMORTAL THREAD COG DeadManWonderLand's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Silence is bliss,
    remember that before you
    speak"

Saying its a selfish and the cowards way out showcases all of your ignorance

Suicide is a horribly unfortunate scenario that one comes across when one feels strained and completely out of ways to handle whatever kind of stress and grief they might have.Suicide is not about the friend,father,mother,brother or sister that has committed suicide can you take a random guess who its about ?

The person who killed themselves.

You do not know everyone in this world.So don't act like you know what that person was going through how dare anyone on this base say it is cowardly.Unfortunately this is something nobody can know unless they themselves went through it.If you want to expend energy on this topic how about trying to help the ones in need of saving instead of condemning there actions they have enough to worry about.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

We all die eventually, Sooner or later... Some people don't even receive the love most of you do to give a **** about... Many problems, And not a single reason to live, So suicide is their only pain killing eternal way to peace.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadManWonderLand View Post
    Saying its a selfish and the cowards way out showcases all of your ignorance

Suicide is a horribly unfortunate scenario that one comes across when one feels strained and completely out of ways to handle whatever kind of stress and grief they might have.Suicide is not about the friend,father,mother,brother or sister that has committed suicide can you take a random guess who its about ?

The person who killed themselves.

You do not know everyone in this world.So don't act like you know what that person was going through how dare anyone on this base say it is cowardly.Unfortunately this is something nobody can know unless they themselves went through it.If you want to expend energy on this topic how about trying to help the ones in need of saving instead of condemning there actions they have enough to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Hebi Terumi~ View Post
    This topic always opens up a can of worms.
    It is possible to look at suicide as an act of selfishness from a certain perspective.
    However, some of the posts above mine seem very narrow minded.

Not everyone has a strong family support system to love them and coddle them when they feel like crap.
    Sometimes I feel it's even more selfish for family members/friends to try to stop someone from committing suicide (over something really huge, not just being bullied at school), because they don't want to feel like crap after that person kills themselves. Though with my response, there are many different things that come into play and stopping someone from killing themselves doesn't make you purely selfish, but it can be looked upon as such.

And while there can "always be an answer", I sincerely doubt most of us, have gone through a time when we've really hit our lowest point. If anyone of you, have and you're still alive today, I commend you, but you're live is yours and though killing yourself can be "selfish", everyone has their breaking point.

^^^^ Sense ^^^^ Thankyou for not being single minded

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    You must suffer me to go my
    own dark way.

It's a ***** move, truthfully I don't care the slightest bit about those people.
    I don't feel like I lost something valuable whenever someone commits suicide.
    My dad committed suicide when I was 11. He was on drugs as alcohol at the time. If he wasn't on drugs and alcohol at the time, he would have thought of me... The son he loved.

Since that day, I have been against drugs, alcohol, smoking, and all of that. I don't want to ever put my self in a position where I do something that stupid to mess up the life of my wonderful girlfriend and the rest of my family. I want to have kids one day and raise them the right way, and let them have the father that I haven't had for 8 years.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last»