View Poll Results: What would you rate the movie ?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll

1 5.88%

1 5.88%

0 0%

1 5.88%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 5.88%

1 5.88%

12 70.59%
Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...

The Hobbit discussion

Don't view this thread if you haven't seen the Hobbit yet

What did you think about the movie ? :D

I've heard some mixed things about it, but personally I thought it was fantastic :y

My favorite thing about it was probably seeing Gandalf do some actual super badass magic, something he rarely did in the LOTR trilogy

Anyways, what about you, what did you think about the movie ? :D

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is the mark of an educated
    mind to be able to entertain a
    thought without accepting it.

Re: The Hobbit discussion

Dope ass movie. Im like the biggest movie manga nerd so yeah I like freaked out when I heard it was coming out because I read the book like four times

Prince of Madness CurseSealofEarth's Avatar
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    You actually care what I have
    to say?

The reason some people say it was bad because they compared it to the LOTR trilogy and you just can;t compete in my humble opinion.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

it`s great.i liked the song that dwarfs sang :D

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.

i read the book

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Rat Prince

The Movie sucked compared to the book. It was only supposed to be one movie, but now they're making it a trilogy. Ain't nobody got time for that

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...

Quote Originally Posted by Pragmatic View Post
    Dope ass movie. Im like the biggest movie manga nerd so yeah I like freaked out when I heard it was coming out because I read the book like four times
    It was great :D
    Quote Originally Posted by CurseSealofEarth View Post
    The reason some people say it was bad because they compared it to the LOTR trilogy and you just can;t compete in my humble opinion.
    IDK, I personally thought they were pretty similar, but everyone has their opinion of course
    Quote Originally Posted by 3MESSIAH View Post
    F*** yeah, it still gives me chills

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...

Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    i read the book
    Ya' like it ? :D
    Quote Originally Posted by anbu junior View Post
    The Movie sucked compared to the book. It was only supposed to be one movie, but now they're making it a trilogy. Ain't nobody got time for that
    Well, PJ is adding some new stuff to it from the other Middle Earth books too, along with including pretty much all of the things that happened in the book, so we won't miss anything :y

Prince of Madness CurseSealofEarth's Avatar
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    You actually care what I have
    to say?

Except Hollywood, apparently.

Status
    Feb 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Rat Prince

I just hope the other two movies are worth it

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...

I just hope the other two movies are worth it
    I'm so psyched for them :overjoy:

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    etaf ruoy epacse tonnac uoy!!!

it was absolutely aweosme!!!

Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dizzy

Very entertaining especially when I see the most damage character in history...

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    RPing like a boss

Quote Originally Posted by CurseSealofEarth View Post
    I agree, but since it took place before the events of LOTR, it really isn't fair to compare the two. I still thought it was awsome though. I loved the brown wizard and his rabbit sled lol. Hope he shows up some more in the other two installments. and yeah the dwarven song is awsome! very meloncholy very touching as well.

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

There were many good qualities....

First of all: is was The Hobbit!!!!!

The fight scenes were intense...

The world was beautiful.

The fact they included Radaghast and the Rock Giants was actually surprising!

Finally I'm happy they split it up. By focusing on the ENTIRE book it doesn't leave a lot of things out like the Harry Potter Movies and the LOTR trilogy did.

White Council: having the members interact has been awesome to watch! When Radaghast went to Dol Guldor (though not in the book). I loved knowing he was against a Morgul Blade. I hope they add the fight against the Necromancer (Ghostly Sauron).

Problems:

Now most of them are actually barely noticible for anyone who never read the books or watched the cartoon movie.

First off the dwarves....some of them just seem silly looking (Bombor for sure). Having watched the cartoon version I already had my own view for them...so when they didn't live up it was simply my pre-determined view against Jackson's.

Also, I couldn't find which Dwarf being who....now Gloin, Bombour, Thorin, Killi Filli, and Durin were the only ones with a sense of being in the story....Bifor, Bofur, Nori, and Oori have practically no mention....I never knew which Dwarf each of them were.

Lack of songs. One thing that was cool in the book was songs....while they got "What Bilbo Baggins Hates" in there....they left out the don't where the Goblins catch the troop, and the fire burning song when the Orcs round them in the trees. It placed a more sinister and sadistic view of Orcs/Goblins than them simply just being a band of murderous creatures.

Pale Orc: now it isn't really THAT BAD...I just don't get why he stabbed a fork in his arm -.- I think it is interesting that they added a faction as a sense of a constsnt antagonist after the Main Antsgonist: Smaug! SPOILER FOR PART TWO FOR THOSE WHO NEVER READ: Him being here does, however, create a reason for the Orcs to join the battle of five armies.

Riddles In the Dark: know once again a small detail...they simply upped the drama of having Bilbo run at first where he slipped the ring on before Gollum returns when he realized he lost his ring (Gollum never had it in his pocket...he went to his 'house' to show it off)...I liked the books way of his escape better.

10/10 for me.....I know I put a lot in the dislike...but honestly they are just me Nit-picking the movie and book differences

Status
    Aug 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    RPing like a boss

Quote Originally Posted by KGB Kakuzu View Post

The world was beautiful.

Finally I'm happy they split it up. By focusing on the ENTIRE book it doesn't leave a lot of things out like the Harry Potter Movies and the LOTR trilogy did.

White Council: having the members interact has been awesome to watch! When Radaghast went to Dol Guldor (though not in the book). I loved knowing he was against a Morgul Blade. I hope they add the fight against the Necromancer (Ghostly Sauron).

Problems:

Now most of them are actually barely noticible for anyone who never read the books or watched the cartoon movie.

First off the dwarves....some of them just seem silly looking (Bombor for sure). Having watched the cartoon version I already had my own view for them...so when they didn't live up it was simply my pre-determined view against Jackson's.

Also, I couldn't find which Dwarf being who....now Gloin, Bombour, Thorin, Killi Filli, and Durin were the only ones with a sense of being in the story....Bifor, Bofur, Nori, and Oori have practically no mention....I never knew which Dwarf each of them were.

Lack of songs. One thing that was cool in the book was songs....while they got "What Bilbo Baggins Hates" in there....they left out the don't where the Goblins catch the troop, and the fire burning song when the Orcs round them in the trees. It placed a more sinister and sadistic view of Orcs/Goblins than them simply just being a band of murderous creatures.

Pale Orc: now it isn't really THAT BAD...I just don't get why he stabbed a fork in his arm -.- I think it is interesting that they added a faction as a sense of a constsnt antagonist after the Main Antsgonist: Smaug! SPOILER FOR PART TWO FOR THOSE WHO NEVER READ: Him being here does, however, create a reason for the Orcs to join the battle of five armies.

Riddles In the Dark: know once again a small detail...they simply upped the drama of having Bilbo run at first where he slipped the ring on before Gollum returns when he realized he lost his ring (Gollum never had it in his pocket...he went to his 'house' to show it off)...I liked the books way of his escape better.

10/10 for me.....I know I put a lot in the dislike...but honestly they are just me Nit-picking the movie and book differences
    as you said, they were minor details. i wouldn't call your dislikes nit picking, just astute observations

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...

Quote Originally Posted by Arian View Post
    it was absolutely aweosme!!!
    Agreed :D
    Quote Originally Posted by superflint64 View Post
    Very entertaining especially when I see the most damage character in history...

Quote Originally Posted by KGB Kakuzu View Post

The world was beautiful.

Problems:

Yeah, agreed, there were some minor things wrong with it, but still a solid ten :D

And yeah, adding other stories from Middle Earth was a great idea, it gives the movies more of a fill :D

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Akuma no Ko" Robin

Quote Originally Posted by Yugaro Uzamaki View Post
    as you said, they were minor details. i wouldn't call your dislikes nit picking, just astute observations
    Hahaha well yeah I guess that's rather true!

Served fresh daily
    Status
    May 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, it feels good to be a
    wangsta

Quote Originally Posted by 3MESSIAH View Post
    Chip the glasses and crack the plates!
    That's what Bilbo Baggins hates..

Status
    Sep 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    We will never be slaves! But
    we will... be conquerors.

Quote Originally Posted by 6 paths View Post
    Ya' like it ? :D
    i digged it

Banned
    Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Que rico...

Quote Originally Posted by Wang View Post
    Chip the glasses and crack the plates!
    That's what Bilbo Baggins hates..
    , that was a good one
    Quote Originally Posted by Okami the butcher View Post
    i digged it
    I get why

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Takin it easy

peter jackson did it again. It was done well, and for the most part very accurate. Of course there were parts that were added, but most were in the realm of canon. I heard that jackson used a lot of the similarion in this movie. And to all the haters of the "trilogy", consider this....do you honestly want just one 2 hour long movie....while im not sure how it will be stretched into a trilogy, even i realize that they need to make at least 2 movies. As long as the trilogy is done well, it is worth it. And so far so good. (btw i was a lotr fan before i ever saw the movies....it only became greater after i saw the movies.....

and i took my dad who thought he wasnt going to like it, and he enjoyed it.

The hobbit was as good as i expected. It was more of a comedy, but it still had the action etc. Essentially i think it was done well.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lone Ranger, Sun Gazer

It was absolutely wonderful! I loved the fast paced story line. Not one moment was milked out. Great graphics, camera work, acting...
    just a big 5/5

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    And so, Whitebeard passed on.
    Even in Death, his body does
    not collapse. And the way he
    mowed down all foes in his
    path while covered in wounds,
    was truly monstrous.

Saw it today in theaters in 3d, it was stunning and filled my expectations.
    I still favour the 3 Lotr movies more tho, the hobbit was much more relaxed and not so serieus as lotr wich was to be expected ofcourse.
    Seeing this move gives me hope that 1 day The Silmarillion (wich is absolutely the pinnacle of Tolkiens work) will be made into movies.

4/5

Status
    Dec 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It was the best movie I have seen in a LONG time.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»