Status
    Goodbye yellow brick road

Manti Te'o

For all of you on NB who like college football, I have a story for you. So defensive player for Notre Dame, Manti Te'o, was a candidate for this seasons Heisman Trophy. He is a decent player, but his story was one that caught a lot of media attention. Supposedly, his grandmother was battling cancer and one the same day she passed, his girlfriend passed as well. Now, TMZ is reporting that this supposed 'girlfriend' of his never existed. That's right. Te'o claims that he was a victim of a cruel hoax. He said he dealt with depression for a long time from two great loses in his life. Now that he has 'learned' he's a victim of this hoax, he plans to hold a press conference to discuss the event.

I think that he is full of crap and fabricated this story to increase his chances of winning the Heisman. There's no way a football star like him would have an online girlfriend. Luckily, Texas A&M beat Alabama this season so it sealed the deal for Manziel's Heisman win. I hope the NCAA investigates Notre Dame since it probably the school's plan to fabricate this sympathy story.

Heres the link for the full story on TMZ:

Status
    Jul 2012
    This user has no status.

Re: Manti Te'o

I couldn't even begin to understand American college football but as for this Manti guy who would even air all that sh!t out in public unless your aim was to make people feel sorry for you?

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

im waiting on a little more info, but i see three options:

1. he is a moron for being duped for a long time. (unlikely)
    2. his father introduced him to a girl manti thought was his GF. (also unlikely)
    3. it really was done for pub. (too many plot holes to not be this.)

Status
    Sep 2012
    This user has no status.

Umm...you do realize that he was scammed right? And his grandmother actually died.

I think you're just hating on a stand up athlete and an even greater individual.

You're talking about him poorly? Manziel was a convicted felon before he went to A&M. I have friends that go to A&M. He drinks. In public. Blatantly. If anyone tries to take a picture, he has a posse which takes their cameras and delete the pictures. He's an ass hole.. He doesn't deserve to play in the NCAA, let alone should he have won the Heisman.

Status
    Jan 2013
    This user has no status.

it was some pastor from california acting as the girl..

Status
    May 2012
    This user has no status.

@orochimarufan, your sig is dope. i love that song.

Status
    Goodbye yellow brick road

Quote Originally Posted by Germanicus View Post
    Umm...you do realize that he was scammed right? And his grandmother actually died.

I think you're just hating on a stand up athlete and an even greater individual.

You're talking about him poorly? Manziel was a convicted felon before he went to A&M. I have friends that go to A&M. He drinks. In public. Blatantly. If anyone tries to take a picture, he has a posse which takes their cameras and delete the pictures. He's an ass hole.. He doesn't deserve to play in the NCAA, let alone should he have won the Heisman.
    I'm not saying it was Te'os plan, it was probably a conspiracy made be ND. Secondly, I don't care if Manziel is a douche bag. I'd be willing to say a lot of athletes are douche bags as well.

Last edited by Ciao; 01-17-2013 at 03:09 AM.

Status
    Dec 2012
    Thread Killer

Don't care. He will be irrelevant in the NFL. Alabama called him out in the championship and he buckled. They threw right over his head and ran it right past him. He didnt do anything. This year is a weak recruiting class. I don't really care about Te'o but I hate Notre Dame with a passion. Everyone else has to play a conference championship but they've gotten out of it all these years. Bullshit.

Status
    Dec 2012
    THE Ohio State University / Hometown- Cincinnati, OH
    You're lucky I even deign to
    respond to you ;)

As someone aspiring to attend ND and someone who has been around this University since age 3, I can honestly say I have looked up to Manti Te'o as a role model since 2008. He always seemed strong in his faith and convictions. I just think with how much time he spent on football he just didn't have enough time to date a girl, so he chose this. He was just too trusting and gullible.

This is really sad for me cause he's one of my 3 main role models in life but I will still put on my ND jacket and Te'o jersey tomorrow with pride, ND family forever

Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

the story is still being unwrapped, but if it is true that he is a puppet in all this than man that is fraked up and I feel bad for this guy