Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The databooks are trash

Myth Busting Thread #1- Yes, Oro can still use Ninjutsu

I have noticed an alarming number of errors on this board, and I'm going to start trying to eliminate them so that people stop citing them as evidence for their theories.

The first one is the claim that Oro can no longer use Ninjutsu, since his hands were sealed.

I wish people would stop saying this, since it's patently untrue. He has used ninjutsu. For instance, he summoned his triple gates when he fought the 9 tails... not to mention the large amount of ninjutsu he used during that and other fights... if you mean "he didn't make any seals", well, no I don't recall him making seals since then... but then Oro has never been big on seals in the first place, he almost never makes seals, and instead uses faster snake type attacks. Not having to use seals is an advantage, not a disadvantage. So far we have zero evidence of him not being able to access ninjutsu since he switched bodies. And his arms work fine. I just looked at narutopedia, and of the 29 Jutsu Oro is listed as having there, how many use seals? Almost none. Yet we're supposed to assume he can't use ninjutsu why now? We've seen him use it repeatedly.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    You guys should listen to
    Phish

Re: Myth Busting Thread #1- Yes, Oro can still use Ninjutsu

Orochimaru is good, that's why

Status
    Dec 2012
    Within the desolate recesses of the human consciousness
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bet I got some weed, bet I got
    some weed, bet she on her
    knees; bet she swallow ****,
    bet she love my swag, bet she
    leave yo ass

Alright noob let me school you: Orochimaru can use certain ninjutsu but nothing A rank apparently. Most of those jutsu were defensive or supplementary and without hand seals he can't focus his chakra for high ranked ninjutsu. And the three gates tech is a summons not ninjutsu.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    Alright noob let me school you: Orochimaru can use certain ninjutsu but nothing A rank apparently. Most of those jutsu were defensive or supplementary and without hand seals he can't focus his chakra for high ranked ninjutsu. And the three gates tech is a summons not ninjutsu.
    what he said times 2x

Status
    Jul 2012
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really consider summoning ninjutsu, just because you only need a contract to perform it

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Octopops

Quote Originally Posted by The Alchemist View Post
    yeah this ^ go read the manga ItachiStyle

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The databooks are trash

Ninjutsu is Ninjutsu. When his hands were boned, he needed Kabuto to summon for him. Now that they're fixed he can do it himself. You're just asserting he can't do seals, but there is no evidence for that fact... at all. This made up distinction between "Ninjutsu that is a summoning, and ninjutsu that uses seals" is just that... made up. You have no evidence from the manga anywhere that says he can't use his hands anymore.

Status
    Nov 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

He can use it but he can't use hand seals. Triple Rashomon doesn't require those

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The databooks are trash

Where is your evidence that he can't use hand seals? Cite me the page number.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Octopops

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiStyle View Post
    Ninjutsu is Ninjutsu. When his hands were boned, he needed Kabuto to summon for him. Now that they're fixed he can do it himself. You're just asserting he can't do seals, but there is no evidence for that fact... at all. This made up distinction between "Ninjutsu that is a summoning, and ninjutsu that uses seals" is just that... made up. You have no evidence from the manga anywhere that says he can't use his hands anymore.
    Oro cant do hand seals to use ninjutsu FACT

You dont need hand seals to summon FACT

yeah thats what I thought

how would kabuto summon them back if they are inside the reaper?

~ BLACK MAMBA ~ The Infernal Spirit's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I have noticed an alarming number of errors on this board, and I'm going to start trying to eliminate them so that people stop citing them as evidence for their theories.

The first one is the claim that Oro can no longer use Ninjutsu, since his hands were sealed.

I wish people would stop saying this, since it's patently untrue. He has used ninjutsu. For instance, he summoned his triple gates when he fought the 9 tails... not to mention the large amount of ninjutsu he used during that and other fights... if you mean "he didn't make any seals", well, no I don't recall him making seals since then... but then Oro has never been big on seals in the first place, he almost never makes seals, and instead uses faster snake type attacks. Not having to use seals is an advantage, not a disadvantage. So far we have zero evidence of him not being able to access ninjutsu since he switched bodies. And his arms work fine. I just looked at narutopedia, and of the 29 Jutsu Oro is listed as having there, how many use seals? Almost none. Yet we're supposed to assume he can't use ninjutsu why now? We've seen him use it repeatedly.

You can summon and still not use ninjustu.Kabuto even mentioned during the sanin fight that oro would be in trouble if manda knew he couldn't use ninjustu because he already summoned manda without first giving him one hundred humans as sacrifice.Your not busting any "myths" today my friend. :Hint:

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The databooks are trash

Where is the evidence that summoning isn't Ninjutsu? It is, that's one of the reasons why Rock Lee can't do it... because it's Ninjutsu.

Again, people keep saying it's a "FACT" that he can't use hand seals, but where is the evidence for that "FACT"? Cite me a page in the manga. Put up or shut up.

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The databooks are trash

Quote Originally Posted by The Infernal Spirit View Post
    You can summon and still not use ninjustu.Kabuto even mentioned during the sanin fight that oro would be in trouble if manda knew he couldn't use ninjustu because he already summoned manda without first giving him one hundred humans as sacrifice.Your not busting any "myths" today my friend. :Hint:
    In that fight Oro needed Kabuto to do the summon for him. Once he got new hands Oro could do it himself no problems. Did you even read the comic you're citing?

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

ur taking this shit way too seriously, it makes me cringe

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Octopops

Where is the evidence that summoning isn't Ninjutsu? It is, that's one of the reasons why Rock Lee can't do it... because it's Ninjutsu.

Again, people keep saying it's a "FACT" that he can't use hand seals, but where is the evidence for that "FACT"? Cite me a page in the manga. Put up or shut up.
    Tell me what has changed?

http://www.mangapanda.com/93-142-3/n...apter-137.html

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The databooks are trash

Quote Originally Posted by Killer B View Post
    The fact that after that he used Jutsu? Lots of them, in his fight with Naruto. It's not complex. In his fight with the other 2 Sannin, his arms were dead and black, and he needed Kabuto to perform the summons for him... after he switches bodies in order to repair his arms, his arms now look normal, can be used normally (instead of hanging dead and looking charred), and he can do his own summons (without help). I'm not sure what your link is supposed to prove, it's evidence of nothing.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Octopops

The fact that after that he used Jutsu? Lots of them, in his fight with Naruto. It's not complex. In his fight with the other 2 Sannin, his arms were dead and black, and he needed Kabuto to perform the summons for him... after he switches bodies in order to repair his arms, his arms now look normal, can be used normally (instead of hanging dead and looking charred), and he can do his own summons (without help). I'm not sure what your link is supposed to prove, it's evidence of nothing.
    Has he molded chakra with his hands sense that battle?

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The databooks are trash

"Molded chakra with his hands" is not a definition of Ninjutsu I'm familiar with. Especially as alot of Ninjutsu doesn't even require hands. Like I said, the evidence seems clear that he's back to normal, but instead we get this made up "he can summons, but not use seals" which is supported nowhere in the comic.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

After his plan to crush the leaf, he wasn't able to use seals cause the 3rd took his ninjutsu with his arms as well. Then when he switched into that new body he was able to use ninjutsu again but only for a little while cause after a while after he switches bodys then his arms start to get weak again so he can only do it for lil while after he switches bodies. Gettin a whole new body with new arms doesn't just solve the problem cause the 3rd didn't actually take his physical arms he took the arms off his soul so if u were to look at what his soul looks like it would show that his soul is missing its arms. That's wat the 3rd said that if he can't seal away oro entirely then he can make do just by taking away his ninjutsu and his ability to do so

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by jiraiya lives View Post
    I don't really consider summoning ninjutsu, just because you only need a contract to perform it
    Absolutley true. For a summons, all someone needs to do a summons is their blood for the contract and no seals at all

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    The databooks are trash

Quote Originally Posted by chOn33z View Post
    After his plan to crush the leaf, he wasn't able to use seals cause the 3rd took his ninjutsu with his arms as well. Then when he switched into that new body he was able to use ninjutsu again but only for a little while cause after a while after he switches bodys then his arms start to get weak again so he can only do it for lil while after he switches bodies. Gettin a whole new body with new arms doesn't just solve the problem cause the 3rd didn't actually take his physical arms he took the arms off his soul so if u were to look at what his soul looks like it would show that his soul is missing its arms. That's wat the 3rd said that if he can't seal away oro entirely then he can make do just by taking away his ninjutsu and his ability to do so
    You just made that up. Where in the manga does it say that? Nowhere. It's just your personal theory.

Banned
    Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I dont think he is able to use powerful jutsu that require handseals that he might have been able to do. For example, if he used handseals to perform jutsu, it wouldnt work, because the jutsu that require the use of handseals, which wouldnt activate.

Why else was orochimaru soooo pissed off? he was crying, "How could you take away my jutsu?!" I dont think he would be so angry if all he needed to do was switch into a new body. Instead he woulda been, "Oh well, I'll get a new body, and then just come back and do it all over again." It was a big victory for Hiruzen, and plot wise, why else would it have been a big deal? It would be really dumb.

He can use ninjutsu, but his handsealing days are over until proven otherwise.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Summons is via contract and usage of blood. summoning doesn't use up chakra. Only time summons use chakra are in the Naruto SHippuden Games.

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch this pocket watch. see
    how i swing it in a slow
    arc... You are feeling
    sleepy... When i snap my
    fingers, you will wake up, and
    give me Rep... Click!

He can use Ninjutsu, the 3rd's seal didnt stop him from doing ninjutsu, only from using his arms. Now that he's in genyumaru, his arms are fine.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    Revz

He is different than he was before.

He absorbed Kabutos abilities.

So it could be possible for him to do something different from now on aswell.

Lets wait and see.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»