Post Thanks / Like
    Diamond In The Rough!

Re: General Football Debates!

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

4-1 Barca! We missed Iniesta/Alba and had Messi/Villa come in on HT, Alves didn't play, still won 4-1

Madrid lost!!:D I'm still not sure why CR7 was "sad", but now he has a reason Spanish press is going to rip him apart now.

Puyol made his return after injury, and than he also made his exit back to injury He will be out for 4-6 weeks, so will have defence crisis again enough for Madrid to make a comeback in Liga and he won't be their for the first Clasico in Liga on Oct. 7.

Man U won 4-0 VS Wigan
    Arsenal thrashed Southampton 6-1
    Chelsea drew 0-0
    City drew 1-1
    Liverpool drew 1-1

Milan lost

Bayern won 3-1
    Dortmund won 3-0 VS Bayer

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Awesome! Can't wait for the Champions League to start.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

*I will try to post all the BundesLiga updates and matches from now one.*

15 September

German Bundesliga 2012/13
    Matches
    Home Away
    Full time »
    Fürth 0-2 Schalke
    Draxler 48, Holtby 88
    Venue: Furth
    15/09/2012
    Full time »
    Dortmund 3-0 Leverkusen
    Hummels 29, Błaszczykowski 39, Lewandowski 78
    Venue: Dortmund
    15/09/2012
    Full time »
    Bayern 3-1 Mainz
    Mandžukić 2, Schweinsteiger 13, Kroos 90+2
    Szalai 59 (P)
    Venue: München
    15/09/2012
    Full time »
    Mönchengladbach 2-3 Nürnberg
    L. de Jong 45, Xhaka 53
    T. Klose 17, Simons 25, Kiyotake 55
    Venue: Monchengladbach
    15/09/2012
    Full time »
    Stuttgart 0-0 Düsseldorf
    Venue: Stuttgart
    15/09/2012
    Full time »
    Hannover 3-2 Bremen
    Huszti 6, 90+3, Andreasen 10
    Hunt 26 (P), De Bruyne 74
    Venue: Hannover
    14/09/2012
    Full time »
    Augsburg 0-0 Wolfsburg

Standings:
    Nr/Club/Pts

1 FC Bayern München 9
    2 Hannover 96 7
    3 FC Schalke 04 7
    4 Borussia Dortmund 7
    5 1.FC Nürnberg 7
    6 Eintracht Frankfurt 6
    7 Fortuna Düsseldorf 5
    8 Borussia M'gladbach 4
    9 VfL Wolfsburg 4
    10 SV Werder Bremen 3
    11 Bayer 04 Leverkusen 3
    12 SpVgg Greuther Fürth 3
    13 SC Freiburg 1
    14 1.FSV Mainz 05 1
    15 FC Augsburg 1
    16 VfB Stuttgart 1
    17 Hamburger SV 0
    18 1899 Hoffenheim 0

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Madrid v/s City - 3-2

A match where both teams seemed to be more cautious about not losing but went crazy in last 30 minutes. Mou heavily criticized Madrd's teamwork and this angered certain players (Ramos benched) and certain player's ego like CR7 seemed vexed. By such, Madrid's started sloppily against a defensive Man.City. Ronaldo tried 3 soloist shots - one saved by Hart, one deviated by Higuain and stopped by Hart and the last one was deviated by Khedira but off-target.

The play barely took some intensity and Madrid kept struggling to pierce City's defense. Their roses and far-shots weren't really a problem for Hart's caliber. Meanwhile, Nasri got injured and was replaced by Kolarov. Di Maria tried certain things in soloist too. A good cross after a dribble that Higuain couldn't rattle in and a shot that was barely off-target. City didn't really have any chances; though their counters looked to have potential danger especially when orchestrated by Toure or Silva.

Second half but Madrid kept struggling to pierce the defense and relied on far-shots again with Marcelo being the closest with 2 off-target shots. Madrid paid for the lax-ism and Toure pierced the whole field in a style; so unique to his. His power-play is fantastic and his assist to Dzeko was perfect who made it 1-0. Toure nearly doubled it but couldn't score and on the following action, Marcelo tried for a third and the ball was deviated by Garcia and went in. City didn't gave up though. Their possession started increasing as Madrid fatigued throughout the match. Kolarov scored on a free-kick to make it 2-1; free-kick where the Spaniards Casillas and Alonso did poor decisions.

Modric and Benzema entered to try bring the difference. Associated with Ozil, Modric and him quickly changed the pace and Madrid started working the defense finally. Their play became suddenly more fluid and Benzema, on a pure striker class goal, made it 2-2. Benzema and Ozil kept working brilliantly and thank to these 2, CR7 nearly scored the winning goal but Hart was there again.

But nonetheless, the Modric influence as deep-lying playmaker went crescendo and Ronaldo can always say, better late than never. With a power shot on the left flank, he gave the victory to Madrid as City crumbled 3-2.

Overall, there are still much questions. Madrid dominated the game but was really sloppy until Modric's entry. I know it seems risky but Modric-Ozil are meant to work together; not as competitors for the No.10 position. If Mourinho really wanna make something about the lack of teamwork he's complaining, combining these two looks like the best option. As for City, well, they showed discipline in the match and did a fantastic match tactically; where the efforts of Hart and Toure didn't pay off. It remains a starting loss; mainly after their consecutive draws to Liverpool and Stoke. They are playing Arsenal next, so it might start looking like a heavy hell bump for the Blue Moon side...

Otherwise, Paris ran rampant against a low-level Kiev team.
    Arsenal and Porto coolly disposed of their opponents - 2-1 and 2-0 respectively.
    Milan started on a 0-0; which confirms the level drop.
    Dortmund won 1-0 on the finish against Ajax. Being in a Group of Death, those 3 points will be extremely precious.
    The shocker came from Zenit's huge defeat against Malaga - 3-0. I was expecting Zenit to dominate this group.
    Finally, Shalke won 2-1 against Olympiakos.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Champions League
    MatchDay 1 (Group F)

Bayern - Valencia
    1-0
    |1st half Statistics|

BALL POSSESSION
    66%-34%
    TOTAL ATTEMPTS
    9-0
    Attempts on target
    6-0
    Saves
    5-0
    Goals
    1-0
    Attempts blocked
    0-0
    Attempts off target
    3-0
    Attempts against woodwork
    0-0
    Offsides
    1-1
    Yellow and red cards
    0(Yellow)0(Red)-0(Yellow)0(Red)
    Fouls committed
    7-6
    Fouls suffered
    6-7

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Champions League
    MatchDay 1 (Group F)

Bayern 2-1 Valencia
    Full Time Statistics

BALL POSSESSION
    62%-38%
    TOTAL ATTEMPTS
    17-4
    Attempts on target
    10-2
    Saves
    9-2
    Goals
    2-1
    Attempts blocked
    0-0
    Attempts off target
    7-2
    Attempts against woodwork
    0-0
    Offsides
    2-3
    DISCIPLINARY
    Yellow and red cards
    0(Yellow)0(Red)-4(Yellow)1(Red)
    Fouls committed
    17-20
    Fouls suffered
    20-17

Other Matches: Celtic 0-0 Benfica ; Chelsea 2-2 Juventus ; Barcelona 3-2 Spartak Moskva ; Man. United 1-0 Galatasaray ; Braga 0-2 CFR CLUJ ; LOSC 1-2 BATE ; Shakhtar Donesk 2-0 Nordsjaelland

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Barcelona VS Moscow --- 3-2

It wasn't easy, but Barcelona bounced back to win at Camp Nou were they haven't been defeated in the last three years hold a 14-3-0 record in CL there. Messi scored two including the winner, he missed a PK however Could have made it a hat trick. I'm worried with him missing these PK's recently, this is a good win because we will struggle in Russia for return leg. Pique also picked up an injury No Puyol, Pique, Alba, Iniesta won't be surprised if we drop points in La Liga and CL group stages. I wonder how long Pique will be out for? Without him and Puyol we will be weak as hell in the back and if he doesn't return till after the Clasico (Oct. 7th) it won't be a good sign.

Juventus VS Chelsea --- 2-2

The Old Lady (Juventus) with a heroic come back after Oscar took advantage of Juve bad defensive work in the two min time frame were they (Chelsea) scored the 2 goals. After that Juve seemed to be running the game despite not being on target. Its good for both side now as they can focus on the weaker teams in the group till the next showdown.

Man U VS Galatasaray --- 1-0

It seems United pretty much dominated that game, but just squeezed away. Nani missed a PK, which could have given them a 2-0 lead in the second half.

Bayern Munich VS Valencia --- 2-1

Bayern dominated this game inside out all tho the scoreline is upsetting to look at even for them, possession/shots were all in their favour. Schweinsteiger took the lead for them with Kroos adding the second. Mandzukic missed the PK. and Valdez lone scorer for Valencia.

Whats up with the missed PK, Messi, Nani, and Mandzukic.

Cluj VS Braga --- 2-0 - Surprising win for Cluj and disappointment for Braga.
    BATE VS Lille --- 3-1 - Another disappointment for Lille
    Shaktar VS Nordsjaelland --- 2-0
    Celtic VS Benfica --- 0-0

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

I wasn't expecting Barca to struggle that much but oh well, they still won. I didn't see it, so can't say much on it.

I watched bits of Juventus v/s Chelsea. Chelsea scored on glimpses of brilliance of Oscar. But Juventus has dominated the match and deserved the draw; if not the win. But we all know that, dominate against Chelsea doesn't mean much. You need to win to make it count.

United was superior that Galatasaray technically but we wasted way too many chances. Sure, Galatasaray touched 3 times the woodwork and De Gea saved us twice but still, it will have been a different match if United buried goals before. The quick goal by Carrick was a great start but I don't know how they were so less efficient afterwards. Valencia, Kagawa, Rafael, Nani were all very good in the acceleration and dribble, yet the finish wasn't there. It could have been a goal galore if they netted 2 or 3 goals in first half. The missed penalty started scaring me that we might concede a goal in injury time but luckily, that wasn't the case. I don't understand why Fergie is repeatedly choosing different players to shoot penalties though. If I count from the friendly match against Barcelona to tonight's match, it's 0 penalties scored out of 7 opportunities. That is definitely a very bad sign. We'll need to stop fluctuating players to shoot it (Rooney, RVP, Nani, Chiicharito). It's gonna increase their hesitation. Choose one fixed player to shoot it and let's keep it like that for most part of the season. That's the most reasonable option according to me.

Otherwise, Bayern won calmly and with confidence. Lille got off their game and got punished by Bate Borisov. Cluj winning over Braga was surprising and if Braga is truly the most serious contender to challenge United, then it's 3 costly points for Braga. We'll need to wait and see who really become the most apt to challenge United in this group. For now, Cluj is on top.

Shaktar VS Nordsjaelland --- 2-0 - Easy well claimed point for Shakhtar.
    Celtic VS Benfica --- 0-0 - I'd say a good point claimed by Celtics and 2 points lost for Benfica.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    I wasn't expecting Barca to struggle that much but oh well, they still won. I didn't see it, so can't say much on it.

I watched bits of Juventus v/s Chelsea. Chelsea scored on glimpses of brilliance of Oscar. But Juventus has dominated the match and deserved the draw; if not the win. But we all know that, dominate against Chelsea doesn't mean much. You need to win to make it count.

United was superior that Galatasaray technically but we wasted way too many chances. Sure, Galatasaray touched 3 times the woodwork and De Gea saved us twice but still, it will have been a different match if United buried goals before. The quick goal by Carrick was a great start but I don't know how they were so less efficient afterwards. Valencia, Kagawa, Rafael, Nani were all very good in the acceleration and dribble, yet the finish wasn't there. It could have been a goal galore if they netted 2 or 3 goals in first half. The missed penalty started scaring me that we might concede a goal in injury time but luckily, that wasn't the case. I don't understand why Fergie is repeatedly choosing different players to shoot penalties though. If I count from the friendly match against Barcelona to tonight's match, it's 0 penalties scored out of 7 opportunities. That is definitely a very bad sign. We'll need to stop fluctuating players to shoot it (Rooney, RVP, Nani, Chiicharito). It's gonna increase their hesitation. Choose one fixed player to shoot it and let's keep it like that for most part of the season. That's the most reasonable option according to me.

Otherwise, Bayern won calmly and with confidence. Lille got off their game and got punished by Bate Borisov. Cluj winning over Braga was surprising and if Braga is truly the most serious contender to challenge United, then it's 3 costly points for Braga. We'll need to wait and see who really become the most apt to challenge United in this group. For now, Cluj is on top.

Shaktar VS Nordsjaelland --- 2-0 - Easy well claimed point for Shakhtar.
    Celtic VS Benfica --- 0-0 - I'd say a good point claimed by Celtics and 2 points lost for Benfica.
    Well in Barcelona defense Pique leaving in the first 10 mins, without Puyol/Alba and Alves who returned from injury it did hurt us a lot and Alves OG didn't help much neither, Messi miss on the PK could have made it 4-2.

Juventus did play wonderful all tho Pirlo and Marchisio weren't on A game, despite Marchisio having a few chances. If they were on their A game, they could have taken the three points. I know this is a weak argument, but without their manager (Conte) on the touchline also effects a little bit (hey, sometimes manager can influence their teams)

Pique is out for 2-3 weeks with foot injury and Shakira has confirmed she is pregnant with Pqiue baby

Last edited by ReLax -; 09-19-2012 at 11:50 PM.

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

so the old lady is back ? let see how they roll in CL this season
    by the way credit to Oscar especially for his 2nd goal that was awesome not even buffon can do anything about that

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Follow the UEFA Europa League MatchDay 1 (live) at Uefa.com
    http://www.uefa.com/

Important matches:
    Young Boys 3-5 Liverpool (Full Time)
    Udinese 1-1 Anzhi (Full Time)
    H. TEL-AVIV 0-3 Atletico Madrid (Full Time)
    AEL 0-0 MÖNCHENGLADBACH (Full Time)

Internazionale 0-0 Rubin (Live)
    Totenham 0-0 Lazio (Live)
    B. Leverkusen 0-0 Metalist
    Lyon 0-0 SpartaPraha

Other matches:
    http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/index.html

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    HALA MADRID

Uefa champions league was awesome sorry im late to post this dudes . Ronaldo ( my fave player) scored the winner of madrid ( My fave team hala madrid) . Oscar was simply awesome . Messi also scored 2 goals but missed a penalty . Seroiusly he is missing these days but its good since im a madrid fan . Barca struggled on the Cl match lol

On the other side who do you think will win the la liga matches . I think barca wins against granda and real madrid win against that other real team .

It was awesome in premier league with Ashley Cole's goal . That was a good one . Suburb

Now if chrisitano ronaldo stays with Madrid i want them to win Champions league .

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    HALA MADRID

Like that other guy I will be doing Real madrid and La liga news .

We missed the sunday match due to some "Sabotage" of the floodlights but on monday the game was nice . Karim Benzema was playing awesome for the first time and he scored a good goal

Ronaldo added to Karims goal by a penalty its good he doesent miss these days .

So overall the game was good . I will be looking forward for their next match . Hala Madrid!

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

It's been some time since I spark a new question for a debate. So, I'm gonna ask one which just went through my mind?

I've noticed that most of the promising young talents of the footballing world are turning out to be either attacking midfielders or wingers. It's weird that when we mention most of the future great prospects, there are so many few super-calibre strikers - except Neymar and a bunch of teens. I know, we've debated on the importance of both strikers and midfielders and somewhat, it's disturbing how much the 'striker craze' has died out.

Some of the future promising midfielders/wingers (and some are already pretty much known) include: Ozil, Hazard, Kagawa, Wilshere, Coquelin, Ganso, Oscar, Lucas Moura, Thiago Alcantara, Isco, Sahin, Ericksen, Gotze, Reus, Cleverley, Morrisson, Pogba, Kroos, Shaqiri, Weiss, Savic, Powell, Tunnicliffe, Tabanou, Dzagoev, Sterling, Saso, Tello, El Shaarawy, Lamella, Coutinho, Henderson, McEachran, Lukaku, Miyachi, Kovačić, Giuliano, Halilovic, Gündoğan, Holtby, Wijnaldum, Ananidze, Leitner, Krhin, Gyau, Ninis, Kantarovski, Toral, Lanzini, Brahimi, Bruno César ect..

Is it due to the importance of midfield in today's football? Why are most players evolving as attacking mid. or wingers in the academies? Are all the top teams doomed to play with only one or 'false' striker in the upcoming future? In a stereotypical football world where goals are viewed as key, can the new legion of midfielders create a revolution? Or are the numbers of promising strikers as great, or greater?

Up to you, ReLax & anyone who feel interested in this topic? Answer the questions and we'll try to further elaborate on it.

Last edited by Escorpiius; 09-27-2012 at 10:41 PM.

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

It's been some time since I spark a new question for a debate. So, I'm gonna ask one which just went through my mind?

I've noticed that most of the promising young talents of the footballing world are turning out to be either attacking midfielders or wingers. It's weird that when we mention most of the future great prospects, there are so many few super-calibre strikers - except Neymar and a bunch of teens. I know, we've debated on the importance of both strikers and midfielders and somewhat, it's disturbing how much the 'striker craze' has died out.

Some of the future promising midfielders/wingers (and some are already pretty much known) include: Ozil, Hazard, Kagawa, Wilshere, Coquelin, Ganso, Oscar, Lucas Moura, Thiago Alcantara, Isco, Sahin, Ericksen, Gotze, Reus, Cleverley, Morrisson, Pogba, Kroos, Shaqiri, Weiss, Savic, Powell, Tunnicliffe, Tabanou, Dzagoev, Sterling, Saso, Tello, El Shaarawy, Lamella, Coutinho, Henderson, McEachran, Lukaku, Miyachi, Kovačić, Giuliano, Halilovic, Gündoğan, Holtby, Wijnaldum, Ananidze, Leitner, Krhin, Gyau, Ninis, Kantarovski, Toral, Lanzini, Brahimi, Bruno César ect..

Is it due to the importance of midfield in today's football? Why are most players evolving as attacking mid. or wingers in the academies? Are all the top teams doomed to play with only one or 'false' striker in the upcoming future? In a stereotypical football world where goals are viewed as key, can the new legion of midfielders create a revolution? Or are the numbers of promising strikers as great, or greater?

Up to you, ReLax & anyone who feel interested in this topic? Answer the questions and we'll try to further elaborate on it.
    well you see everything has it own AGE, am pretty sure you still remember in the 90's its what we called the pure striker AGE, with Van basten,Batistuta,Raul,Suker,Vieri,Ronaldo,Yorke,El ber,Baggio,Dugarry,Delvecchio,Carew,Viduka,Sheva,K anu,Kluivert,Signori,Overmars,Klinsmann,Bierhoff, Montella, Inzaghi,Bergkamp and many more,

there is a reason why it was like that, why ? because the top and the best league at that time its what we called SERIE A, the style of italian football at that time and even now never change, they tend to use a penalty box style striker with 1 hit wonder from the midfield and winger everything is up to the striker to put the ball in the net, that's what we called effective football

that's how it goes in the 90's, they follow the trend from the most popular league,
    the same thing goes nowadays where EPL stand as the best and the most competitive league in the world,
    i hope that's answer your questions

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diamond In The Rough!

I taught i should post this ...

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Oh, Lord, we're losing to Sevilla. First part was crap, lots of mistakes, losing the ball quickly and stuff. Loosing chances to score. And what tops this is Messi who isn't in his good shape. Why? ;_;
    As for the second part I'm not really watching it because I'm afraid of facing lose today.

EDIT: , we won in the greatest possible way. Wowowowowo!

Last edited by Gilda; 09-30-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diamond In The Rough!

Barcelona won fabregas scored a brace and David villa the match winner.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

If you were to look back in the history of football you'd see most of the legends come from midfield/winger positions (Pele/Cruyff/Maradona/Platini). At least 50% if not more come from these positions, even Puskas/Di Stefano played as forward, but you'd hardly think they were strikers, as they played like wingers/midfielders. It's like Messi he's actually an attacking midfielder, but plays as a striker for Barcelona, or at least a false "9". It's always been like that even with Pele who was an attacking midfielder and had over 1000 goals, Cruyff/Maradona/Platini also had over 300 goals as attacking midfielders (more goals than 75% of strikers to ever play) and are among the top scorers for their countries. These guys have already shown football world, you don't need strikers in order to score or win.

Most strikers have been known to be lazy and lack defence. Even at times they aren't in box when they should be when the balls far out on the wing (in other words aren't in positions even offensively). If we look today Benzema/Ibra/Falcao/Cavani/Dezko/Higuain/Torres/RVP are all fantastic, but they are lazy when you see them on the pitch they don't attempt to get the ball as much or drop back deep to help. Even CR if he played as a striker, he wouldn't be dropping back to defence as much as he is as a winger.

As you can see most the youngsters today, want to be the next Pele/Cruyff/Maradona/Platini/Zidane/Dinho, and tomorrow they'll want to be the next Xavi/Iniesta/Messi/CR. All who play the positions you mentioned, which is why we see most players as midfielders/wingers.

Is it due to the importance of midfield in today's football?

Yes, but the importance of midfield has always been there, as I've listed above more than 50% of legends in the past came from these positions. Even if we look back most successful teams have had their midfield be key.

Why are most players evolving as attacking mid. or wingers in the academies?

If we look at it in todays view, its due to Barcelona influence, or should I say Johan Cruyff. He told the world you don't need physical strength, or height to play/win football games, and today we are blessed with the likes of Messi/Iniesta/Xavi proving to the world. Other players like Silva/Aguero/Mata/Suarez/Pirlo/etc. This has influenced other teams/academy to lean into this depending on what they have to work with.

Even when you look at it in 2012 the top five players are Messi, CR, Iniesta, Xavi, and Pirlo. 1 winger and 4 midfielders. It's been like that for the past 4-5 years.

Are all the top teams doomed to play with only one or 'false' striker in the upcoming future?

This won't last for long and isn't a thing every club can do. In the past 4 years we seen Barcelona/Spain do it with strikers, Torres/Henry/E'too/Ibra, we seen them do it with false "9" Dinho/Messi and we seen Spain claim the 2012 Euro with midfielder/wingers. ATM this is why most teams are in attempt for this, but as I said its not something all teams can do. Once we see this Barcelona/Spain team fall, or we see key players missing and no one else to cover the void, teams themselves will change.

In a stereotypical football world where goals are viewed as key, can the new legion of midfielders create a revolution? Or are the numbers of promising strikers as great, or greater?

Strikers itself are harder to find today. We have the likes of Ibra/Benzema/Higuain/Torres/Falcao/Cavani/Dezko/Gomez/RVP/etc and all these strikers cost at least 40 mil and up, which most teams don't want to risk on buying unless they'll settle for a key midfield/winger for less of the price. Also we need to remember most strikers are done at the age of 30, were as midfielder/wingers can still go on longer time with the same influence to their teams.

I'll ask you a question, if you were to make a team of your own from ground up and had almost every spot/position was taken care of except for a midfielder and striker, but you could only bring in one, what would be your number one priority, a midfield or striker? Which would benefit the team more? And why?

Most the players listed here lack a few things in order to be a striker, either pace, strength, or height, if not all.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    HALA MADRID

Awesome Madrid played well yesterday in sunday match and real madrid won 5-1 . Ronaldo scored a hat trick , not suprising . Pepe scored also and di maria is keeping on scoring these days , i think di maria is improving . Pepe is also not fouling these days . Manual Pablo for Deportivio played very bad yesterday , fouling and fouling ...

Since ronaldo's sadness he has been playing good . He scored against Mancity, rayo and now a treble goals against Deportivio. Suprisingly messi never scored in the last two games . Hoping to see Uefa champions leauge . Hala madrid

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

FFS, Puyol just returns and he's back out again on injury This is his 3rd time in start of season, return in El Clasico back out, return in La Liga back out, and now return in CL back out and this time for a while his arm seem to have snapped.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

got damn, i got to say congrats to barcelona, my team didn't play as well as i tought they would play, at least i got to see good thing happen, busquets being expelled, serves him right that little crybaby.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Barcelona VS Benfica --- 2-0

Well out first win over Benfica in about 20 year (about time), but this was our third (the other two ending in 0-0, both that is) meeting in that 20 years also Puyol injury is proving to be decisive we had to make a comeback in the first CL and had two close call La Liga ones also. God I have a bad feeling about the clasico.

Man U VS Cluj --- 2-1

As the last game, Man U dominated the game, but just walked away with a victory. RVP and Rooney are making to be a great pair. I would like to see a mixture of Kagawa in their plays a little more.

Chelsea VS Nords --- 4-0

The defending champs winning in a convincing style, Mata is Chelsea at the moment.

Juventus VS Shaktar --- 1-1

The Old Lady got held once again today, which isn't looking to well as they need to win. Shaktar midfield is really amazing to watch. Juventus need to watch out, or they may exit in the group stages.

BATE VS Bayern Munich --- 3-1

Bayern undefeated run overall ends here to BATE. At least they can still keep it up in the league.

Celtic VS Moscow 3-2
    Valencia VS Lillie 2-0
    Braga VS Galatasaray 2-0

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

BATE VS Bayern Munich --- 3-1

Even if Bayern had the ball almost all the time, they lost. The were good at attacking, but bad at defence. Plus that they had all those chances to score more that 1 goal. It would be a lot better if Gomez would be able to play...the same for Robben. Mandzukic didn't played very well. Muller lost the ball at some good chances. Bayern should have won that game. But...what can I say? Bad defence, losing the ball, losing good chances.
    Bayern should be more careful. They should be at their perfect form everytime, if they want to win. They should do something better at defence.

Bayern - LOSC 23 October
    LOSC lost 1-3 against BATE and 0-2 against Valencia. So, I think Bayern will win this match easily. I hope Robben and Gomez will return from injury as fast as they can.