Page 24 of 61 « First ... 1420212223242526272834 ... Last»
    The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

Re: General Football Debates!

pep to City is the last thing that Barcelona want to happen, they will hijack all the young players from la masia as they already did with Gai Assaulin and Denis

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    rep for fan base + also Nike is majour sponsor of Barca and Brazilian international team

I don't know how much have you been stalking Neymar but with his russhing but yet very beatiful play I'm not sure how would he play for Barca... unless indeed they will use him as crazy left wing lol and bringing changes to already topTOP club might be not a very good idea... but again you don't want your rivals to get him.. such as Madrid.

Pep to City .... it would be black day in the calendar of football. For me it would be something like that from 0:27
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z3s1fJgCEE
    Indeed.

Naymar is a good individual player, but Barcelona system is 90% base on teamwork and 10% base on individual and you better be able to pull it off too Obviously seeing Neymar play is why people don't think he'd be good for FCB and their system, but we don't know if he'd be able to adapt into it. He's young and has a lot of growing to do, as well as can develop to be among the best. He'd have to be a winger, with Messi and his form, you'd actually think of putting anyone else in the centre other than Messi? Neymar is more of a CR like player. It won't matter if Madrid get him, Messi is enough TBH and Madrid would have to sell CR for him as well.

Pep to City, wouldn't be too bad. At least he can bring in anyone and when other players look at what he did for Barcelona, they wouldn't think twice before joining. I really see him at either United/Milan/Bayern tho.

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society

Quote Originally Posted by ReLax - View Post
    Indeed.

Naymar is a good individual player, but Barcelona system is 90% base on teamwork and 10% base on individual and you better be able to pull it off too Obviously seeing Neymar play is why people don't think he'd be good for FCB and their system, but we don't know if he'd be able to adapt into it. He's young and has a lot of growing to do, as well as can develop to be among the best. He'd have to be a winger, with Messi and his form, you'd actually think of putting anyone else in the centre other than Messi? Neymar is more of a CR like player. It won't matter if Madrid get him, Messi is enough TBH and Madrid would have to sell CR for him as well.

Pep to City, wouldn't be too bad. At least he can bring in anyone and when other players look at what he did for Barcelona, they wouldn't think twice before joining. I really see him at either United/Milan/Bayern tho.
    With Pep at City market will be full of players to sell/buy and with all the ''investors'' city has and ''ambition$$'' to win it wouldn't be a window shopping.

here's a quote about Nike
    At present, Barcelona and the Brazil National Team are two of the brand's biggest clients worldwide, with Neymar the rising star of their stable. The chance to combine all three and make Neymar the iconic player of his generation would be an opportunity too good to miss for the brand's advertising department.
    One thing ... Messi used to be go alone aswell... I bet Neymar could adopt to barcas style of play... for his own good!

another quote

Over the past eighteen months, however, the star has matured into a fine all-around player, often proving to be Santos' greatest source of creative inspiration in supplying those around him.

Just 20, Neymar is still in his formative stages. Even in two years' time, should he leave following the World Cup, Barcelona would have a 22-year-old signing with a vast array of experience to his name and still young enough to be pliable to the team's requirements.
    Neymar is hard-working, professional and, despite how he is often portrayed by those who know little more about him than his extravagant hair-styles, he is a down-to-earth individual and a family man at heart.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Escorp

I fully support the sheikh, but its just a plan now and has yet to be done. Isn't Mancini some what against it too and just wants to keep buying? I don't see it as a copy cat, matter of fact plenty of clubs have done it and recently we see it from Dortmund. If City can pull it off than go a head, but it takes a long time to get this stuff going and building on a system. I hope Pep succeeds outside, because he can bring in some kind of blueprint for the clubs to help them get started as he's no stranger to this. I would have loved to see Cruyff do this at other places as well.

I'll agree with you on that statement. Even then as I've said most these billionaires won't be around and with FFP it may change everything and billionaires "may" get turned off from buying clubs.

You are correct too a point, but I still stick to my view, let me explain a little better if I can. Hazard has recently admitted to wanting a dream move to Madrid, so he'd take a contract. The thing is if Barcelona/Madrid are determined to get you, than they will. Silva/Aguero, before they both went to City, Silva talks were going on eventually when Mou arrived nothing happened hence Silva went to City. Aguero was ready to join and Madrid wanted him, but I don't know what happen maybe because A. Madrid didn't want to sell him to them and Aguero wasn't promised a starting place? The thing is when signing a player it all depends on starting positions as well as club ambition, you know Barcelona/Madrid both have one. Sanchez was offered double the salary Barcelona are paying him from Madrid, but he choose us. Modric was offered more money at Chelsea and a starting place at Chelsea/United, but choose Madrid and is mostly warming the bench. As far as instalments go that could depend if a player isn't willing to play for that club they have to get rid of him, instead of letting him sit around doing nothing or waiting for contract to end for a free price, in desperation anything can happen. "Money influence football more than history" You right, but it doesn't change the fact they still want success. Many would tell you they'd trade money for success. Henry came to Barcelona and got slightly less pay if I can remember correctly because he wanted to win. CR he'd give a lot if he was guaranteed the Ballon. Messi/Xavi/Iniesta would do that for CL. I'm not saying all the players are like them, but most are.

The thing today is paying the clause for the player. Messi new contract if he's to leave Barcelona before the end he'd cost 312 million euros. The starting 11 in City, are quite costly (buyout clause) and most clubs don't want them yet. Madrid paid 80 million for CR, so you don't think they can pay for one or two of City? As I've said they need to guarantee a starting spot and the club must need them. For example if CR was to leave Madrid would try to get Neymar/Bale, if not him Rues/Gotze perhaps and they'd pay 50-60 million including starting spot. If Ozil left Madrid, they'd try for Mata/Hazard/Oscar/Silva, they'd be for sure guaranteed a starting spot you don't think they'd go? Laudrup said to Bale, your going to find it really hard to compete for a spot on Barcelona/Madrid if you go, even tho you maybe be one of the best in EPL, or the world doesn't mean you'll get into the starting 11, thats one thing right now that keeps players away, even Fabregas has trouble getting in. Look at Michu/Mata/Cazorla, they're beast in the EPL, but yet neither are in Spain squad yet or are bench players. Thats one thing that keeps players in these rich clubs till they're guaranteed a starting spot.

Money does, and perhaps they may, but I doubt it, or it maybe not in my life time, so if I pass before it happens. I'd pass knowing they never created a legacy with money These teams right now most are unstable with players/managers, so will see, if they'll reach current Barcelona level. They'll win thats not my concern, but rather is how they fair and consistent they are.

Madrid made a good chemistry in their first year. And second year were flying high.

Madrid Galacticos & Arsenal Invincible, were fantastic sides, tho will never know how they'd fair VS current Barcelona or 50's Madrid, 70's Ajax/Bayern, but I'd still give those sides the benefit of the doubt over Madrid & Arsenal.

Currently its not going good and FFP may prevent this for them. FIFA/UEFA will eventually put there football down if not today, maybe 10 years down the road who knows.

I'll take your word on SAF/Gill.

Well SAF did say that he had a buy back, but as you said they can't afford his fee, if Rooney get 250K a week CR will need at least 300K if not more.

I do believe Messi is on his way for the 4th, but again a twist of events can happen. I think Ineista may take a few points from both CR/Messi, which could give it to him long shot I know.

@Grim

True, Pep could lure a lot of player as well because of his history at Barcelona, the man may even bring Messi/Busquets, who knows. But as Totsuka said, he will try to get some La Masia players loaned.

Advertising is true, but we don't want Barcelona to end up like current Madrid. Perez decided to go that way 10 years later no CL and have gone throughout 5-10 coaches.

Messi has always been a team player, even when you look at his past games, he use to have great chemistry with Dinho, tho he played on the wing he had more room, so took advantage of it and even does it now, but Messi delivers majority of the time. Neymar has yet to spark in a huge competition with Brasil or Europe. The last time he met Messi Barcelona and Messi Argentina he got out classed by Messi.

Neymar has matured, it will happen with every footballer, Hazard/Oscar/Moura etc. I'm not saying that, but he hasn't been with us, its a different style in Spain and Barcelona requires a lot of patience/time/focus to get that right, look at Sanchez even he struggles to get in and was a top talent a few years back. Even Pato/Robinho looked good in their days look at them now. I've seen him and read some bad and good things about the man, but he's still has delivered in the big stages, it'll be hard to get the right assessment on him right now. I hope we get him, but am still speculate on that too. Perhaps after WC, he may not even come to Barcelona.

Last edited by ReLax -; 12-25-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dollar And A Dream!

I am a huge lionel messi fan and hardcore barcelona supporter but i just had to post this epic freekicks of ronaldo i mean wtf.

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    And im the one to blame aint
    no loving me </3

As i am a real fan i hope they win CL and CDL since La liga is vey hard to win for them now. I hope Mou gets fired . Benching cassilias putting Adan that is stupid

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meager endeavour

^GTFO Madrid plastics fans, Madrid fans should take Inter Milan fans as example, they were always support Mou no matter what happens and bang TREBLE,

Breaking news: Mancini VS Super Mario

UK correspondent Greg Stobart can reveal that it was, in fact, Roberto Mancini who provoked the confrontation with Mario Balotelli at Manchester City's Carrington training base on Thursday. Mancini reportedly began to single out the Italy striker for criticism throughout the session (after he was initially training alone) before taking exception to a challenge on Scott Sinclair. According to witnesses, Balotelli was as bemused as his team-mates at the coach's reaction.
    that's it Escorp you're right, Mancini is the weak link in City

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dollar And A Dream!

Its OFFICIAL messi has won the ballon d or

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Men's World Player of the Year: Lionel Messi
    Women's World Player of the Year: Abby Wambach
    Men's Coach of the Year: Vicente Del Bosque
    Women's Coach of the Year: Pia Sundhage
    FIFPRO XI: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid and Spain); Dani Alves (Barcelona and Brazil), Gerard Pique (Barcelona and Spain), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid and Spain), Marcelo (Real Madrid and Brazil); Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid and Spain), Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona and Spain), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona and Spain); Lionel Messi (Barcelona and Argentina), Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid and Colombia), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid and Portugal).
    FIFA Puskas Award for best goal: Miroslav Stoch
    FIFA Fair Play Award 2012: Football Federation of Uzbekistan
    FIFA Presidential Award: Franz Beckenbauer

Grats to Leo! 4th FIFA Ballon d'Or in a row something that we may not see past in our life time (he may just get another 2-3).

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cookies

FIFPRO XI: Iker Casillas (Real Madrid and Spain); Dani Alves (Barcelona and Brazil), Gerard Pique (Barcelona and Spain), Sergio Ramos (Real Madrid and Spain), Marcelo (Real Madrid and Brazil); Xabi Alonso (Real Madrid and Spain), Xavi Hernandez (Barcelona and Spain), Andres Iniesta (Barcelona and Spain); Lionel Messi (Barcelona and Argentina), Radamel Falcao (Atletico Madrid and Colombia), Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid and Portugal).
    Spanish League....

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie.. View Post
    Spanish League....
    lol well the Madrid side did set a record last season in the league by dethroning Barcelona and the Spain national team won Euros, so you'd expect them to be nominated all tho I don't think Alves/Marcelo/Pique should've been on there. I'd rather see Lahm over Alves, Chiellini over Pique, and Alba over Marcelo (questionable). Perhaps Pirlo over Alonso (maybe) and RVP over Falcao.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meager endeavour

Casillas picks Ramos over Ronaldo in 2012 Fifa Ballon d'Or

Go home Casillas, you're drunk

by the way congrats for Messi for his 3rd Ballon D'or

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cookies

Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post

isn't it his 4th?

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

That news is old now, he said it after CR played the "I'm sad" game and forced all Madrid board/players/fans who supported Casillas for the Ballon towards him. The vote either way wouldn't have helped him.

Its his 4th Ballon.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Bayern 5-0 Schalke 04 (Friendly Match)

Even if it was a friendly, Bayern won with a clean sheet. 5 goals from Muller, Mandzukic, Gomez.

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Oh darn, the Seahawks beat the Redskins shame shame

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meager endeavour

That news is old now, he said it after CR played the "I'm sad" game and forced all Madrid board/players/fans who supported Casillas for the Ballon towards him. The vote either way wouldn't have helped him.

Its his 4th Ballon.
    nah this one is new, the 1st news is about Casillas don't know which player he should pick,
    i know it wouldn't help him, but Casillas is the Captain yet he's fooling around and pick for Ramos when he knew that Ramos is not even the last candidate to win it, either way Casillas is being an ass

IMO it his 3rd 2 consecutive win for him, 2010 ballon D'or winner is Wesley Sneijder.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

nah this one is new, the 1st news is about Casillas don't know which player he should pick,
    i know it wouldn't help him, but Casillas is the Captain yet he's fooling around and pick for Ramos when he knew that Ramos is not even the last candidate to win it, either way Casillas is being an ass

IMO it his 3rd 2 consecutive win for him, 2010 ballon D'or winner is Wesley Sneijder.
    Nope.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/...dor-nomination

Oct. 24 2012 Ramos thanks him for Ballon vote. He's not fooling around, but getting even.

Sneijder? The guy who didn't even finish in top 3? Well in the worlds opinion its 4 straight for Messi.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meager endeavour

Nope.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3277/...dor-nomination

Oct. 24 2012 Ramos thanks him for Ballon vote. He's not fooling around, but getting even.

Sneijder? The guy who didn't even finish in top 3? Well in the worlds opinion its 4 straight for Messi.
    he's fooling because Ramos in not even the favorite for the award,

he deserve the award more than anyone that year, except for Xavi,
    Xavi played consistently well and just deserves to be on the list, but Iniesta actually wasn't at his best during the first half of last season. However, his match-winning goal in the final of the FIFA World Cup 2010 seems to be just enough to ensure a place on the list, which means Sneijder misses out.

Wesley Sneijder was part of Jose Mourinho's treble-winning Inter Milan team—in fact, was the lynchpin and shouldered the offensive duties alongside Diego Milito. He played a key role in Inter winning the Serie A, the Coppa Italia and the coveted Champions League.

One may ask how on earth Sneijder missed out after his best season in club and International play. That's FIFA for you. The ludicrous FIFA wrapped up in the blanket of corruption.

He was promptly named the UEFA midfielder of the year, which just serves as a testament to his consistency and effectiveness during the best part of a successful campaign where his individual performance aided the team to a treble.

His exploits don't end there. After guiding his club to glory, Sneijder reprised his world-beating form for the Netherlands in the World Cup. He was the mainstay of an above average Holland side that contested in the final of the World Cup—to the surprise of many—which they eventually lost to Spain.

Sneijder would've won 2010 Ballon d'Or under old voting system

the fact that he's not in the top 3 mean that the Ballon D'or is nothing than popularity contest, but we all know that Sneijder/Xavi is the best player in 2010, maybe even you deep down there know that Sneijder deserve it.......

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Iniesta was quite good last year he missed 2 months from injury, but when he came back he was top form. Xavi/Sneijder did have a case.

The old rules still exist. The difference is FIFA wanted to get rid of the World player of the year, so they combined it with Ballon. World Player was judged by captains/coaches, Ballon by media.

Snejider would've won. The media/journalist had it like this 1. Sneijder 2. Iniesta 3. Xavi 4. Messi. The captains/coaches had it like 1. Messi 2. Iniesta 3. Xavi...In the end the numbers favoured Messi due to the captain/coaches, as did they prefer Iniesta/Xavi and it pushed Sneijder out, but it isn't right to strip Messi of the award because FIFA got lazy giving out to awards. I mean technically speaking Messi would've still gotten the World Best player. In the 60-70-80 they never allowed SA to be awarded this. Its like me saying Pele/Garrincha would've beaten many of them Sir Bobby, Cryuff, Mueller, Beck, or Maradona beaten Platini/Van Basten etc to the award as well. I'd have rights to stripe the award away from other legends. The voting criteria has changed heavily to individual performances due to the combination of World Player.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meager endeavour

Iniesta was quite good last year he missed 2 months from injury, but when he came back he was top form. Xavi/Sneijder did have a case.

The old rules still exist. The difference is FIFA wanted to get rid of the World player of the year, so they combined it with Ballon. World Player was judged by captains/coaches, Ballon by media.

Snejider would've won. The media/journalist had it like this 1. Sneijder 2. Iniesta 3. Xavi 4. Messi. The captains/coaches had it like 1. Messi 2. Iniesta 3. Xavi...In the end the numbers favoured Messi due to the captain/coaches, as did they prefer Iniesta/Xavi and it pushed Sneijder out, but it isn't right to strip Messi of the award because FIFA got lazy giving out to awards. I mean technically speaking Messi would've still gotten the World Best player. In the 60-70-80 they never allowed SA to be awarded this. Its like me saying Pele/Garrincha would've beaten many of them Sir Bobby, Cryuff, Mueller, Beck, or Maradona beaten Platini/Van Basten etc to the award as well. I'd have rights to stripe the award away from other legends. The voting criteria has changed heavily to individual performances due to the combination of World Player.

nonetheless, Iniesta in 2010 is not worthy to win the awards let alone become the nominee,

then the coach who don't think that Sneijder deserve the award thus didn't vote for him is mentally challenged, even the journalist which sometimes wrote BS article knew that Sneijder deserve it,

so you think technically Messi will still win the award ? why ? cause he scored more goals than Sneijder ? well tell that to Cannavaro,Nedved,Figo and Dinho.......

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Name's on the back!!!!
    MAZINO!!

nonetheless, Iniesta in 2010 is not worthy to win the awards let alone become the nominee,

then the coach who don't think that Sneijder deserve the award thus didn't vote for him is mentally challenged, even the journalist which sometimes wrote BS article knew that Sneijder deserve it,

so you think technically Messi will still win the award ? why ? cause he scored more goals than Sneijder ? well tell that to Cannavaro,Nedved,Figo and Dinho.......
    as much as I am a fan of messi I have to agree..I feel sneijder should have won in 2010. and this year's fifateam is a joke. where the **** is pirlo..? anyways congratz messi

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

One way or another it would've been a Spanish player. If you look back whenever someone has won a WC a winner from their has been chosen for the award. Sneijder was also injured and out for the first 2-3 months at Inter.

Its about individual accomplishments. I told you already Messi was World Player of the year. An award even Dinho won when he got no title at all. A lot of people did make articles speaking of Sneijder, but the same goes in case of defending Messi. 2011 people wanted Xavi/Ineista to win it, in 2012 they wanted CR. Ask the players and coaches who are the best, they know, forget you, me & the writers.

Ballon d'Or: Sneijder won votes
    FIFA World Player of the Year: Messi won votes
    FIFA Ballon d'Or Messi had the higher numbers thru coaches/captains, which edged to #1.

Goals were not the only thing, but I'm sure all those guys would be full of praises for Messi. Figo has given more praises towards Messi than his own compatriot CR. Dinho and Messi are great friends. The award has changed in terms of voting and adding another award to it. The fact is, he's still the 4 time winner.

Last edited by ReLax -; 01-09-2013 at 05:14 PM.

Banned
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

so how about them Seahawks... you think they are going to make it

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Its official Pep will be at Bayern Munich next season.