Page 27 of 67 « First ... 1723242526272829303137 ... Last»
    Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Re: General Football Debates!

This is what Piqué really said, "Since arriving, he has always been the same. He was allowed everything. I do not think the press has to be like this. And I say this not only for Real Madrid, but Barcelona also.

"Barca does not do everything well. On the covers of El Mundo Deportivo and Sport it seems we do everything right. They start doing criticising when things wrong. I speak from both sides. For Madrid and Barcelona."

Pep did. He told Dinho stay and he'll help him get his form Dinho wanted to go play for Brasil at the tournament, but that wouldn't give enough time for Pep to train with him. Eventually he left and either way it didn't seem he find his form at Milan, so it would've been a waste either way. Its because he isn't from La Masia? Fabregas is from there, but Pep didn't want to sign him from Arsenal it was the fans/board etc that demanded him.

Not really. Madrid were/are linked with a lot of players, Aguero/Silva/Cole/Gerrard/Bale/Tevez/Maicon/etc didn't mean Valdano wanted them.

No he didn't. Mou complained when the refs got call wrong in his favour, but when the ref give them offside goals or PK from dives he says nothing about it. If he said/complained saying they shouldn't have gotten that, than it'd be understandable, but truth is what teams don't suffer from refs mistakes?

Madrid are closing gap, but its because both teams are more cautious. Barcelona thrashed Madrid, so Madrid won't attack all out. Madrid beat Barcelona off counters, so they try not to move everyone up forward.

I'm not mad. You asked what I thought about Chelsea form last season after i said Bayern form wasn't better than Madrid. I told you their form was sh!t. Are you saying Chelsea were the best team last season? They were 5th/6th in EPL.

Nope. Madrid were more consistence and capitalize, Barcelona suffered. Loss come from errors. Madrid were better.

I back my opinion up. You spoke of no one forgetting 2009 CL, and I told you how no one is forgetting a lot of many controversial calls made in football. Mad? Not really. Italians have been around controversial calls as well? Haven't they? You seem to put blame on Barcelona a lot. My response to you wasn't just based off what you said up top, but you've said these things a few times in this thread, which I ignored at the time.

No.

It shows that a foul was committed outside the box. Fabio was off balance when going in and he tripped. You can argue it wasn't a dive, but the PK shouldn't have been given.

Why are you mad now? I didn't say Barcelona, don't dive or benefitted from calls I gave you an overview on things proving they aren't the only team who have benefitted, which you continuously imply too.

How about we examine this, if Italy didn't get that PK, they may have not been in the finals, right? italy were down to 10 men and ET anything could've happen as well as PK SO. If Malouda didn't dive the whole Zidane incident wouldn't have happen either.

Barcelona VS Chelsea.

1) The ref sent off Eric Abidal, which was probably the wrong decision. In case the conspiracy theorists didn’t notice, Abidal plays for Barcelona. So Barca, not Chelsea, had to play the last 30 minutes with ten men. Yeah, Uefa really wanted Chelsea to lose.

2) The ref, Norway’s Tom Henning Ovrebo, was poor but nowhere near as poor as most people say. Chelsea had four penalty claims last night, but only one of them was indisputably a pen – the Pique handball, which was blatant. Even then, it was the linesman’s job to spot that, as Ovrebo was unsighted. The other three were 50/50 decisions.

3) Barcelona could have had a couple of penalties at the Camp Nou. How quickly people forget that. Oh, and Michael Ballack should have been sent off in Barcelona.

Both teams suffered from calls, but people want to pay attention just to how it only benefits Barcelona. Even Guus Chelsea managers in 08/09 season, played down conspiracies and admitted to bad refereeing on both accounts.

Last edited by ReLax -; 01-27-2013 at 02:34 AM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    And im the one to blame aint
    no loving me </3

Guys real madrid vs Getafe tommorow 11:00 Morning ?

I want to start a new topic. Called Ballon dor.
    Im a ronaldo fan but do i think Messi deserved ballon dor 2012? Yes because of his 91 goals
    Messi deserved ballon dor 2011? Nope ronaldo did . Or Snejdier . Why ? Ronaldo scored more goals then Lional Messy . But won nothing while messi did. But messi won ballon dor 2012 scoring most goals but no trophies . So why did he win 2011 ballon dor if it was a indvidual award? Snejider deserved it because he led netherlend to world cup . Im maybe getting confused with 2010 ballon dor . Anways do you think fifa is fair. Messi deserved ballon dor in 2012 ( from a big fan of CR7 ) .

Status
    Feb 2010
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society

Quote Originally Posted by IzunaUchiha2 View Post
    Guys real madrid vs Getafe tommorow 11:00 Morning ?

I want to start a new topic. Called Ballon dor.
    Im a ronaldo fan but do i think Messi deserved ballon dor 2012? Yes because of his 91 goals
    Messi deserved ballon dor 2011? Nope ronaldo did . Or Snejdier . Why ? Ronaldo scored more goals then Lional Messy . But won nothing while messi did. But messi won ballon dor 2012 scoring most goals but no trophies . So why did he win 2011 ballon dor if it was a indvidual award? Snejider deserved it because he led netherlend to world cup . Im maybe getting confused with 2010 ballon dor . Anways do you think fifa is fair. Messi deserved ballon dor in 2012 ( from a big fan of CR7 ) .
    It's individual awards and is based on opinions and so far i'm sure it's not even questionable that overall performance of Messi has been superior to Christianos for the past 4 years. People love watching Messi, I love watching Messi.

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

Quote Originally Posted by ReLax - View Post
    This is what Piqué really said, "Since arriving, he has always been the same. He was allowed everything. I do not think the press has to be like this. And I say this not only for Real Madrid, but Barcelona also.

"Barca does not do everything well. On the covers of El Mundo Deportivo and Sport it seems we do everything right. They start doing criticising when things wrong. I speak from both sides. For Madrid and Barcelona."
    well that just the positive thing hat you quote.....
    nonetheless he still said what i post up there which is unnecessary if he intend to support Mou....

Pep did. He told Dinho stay and he'll help him get his form Dinho wanted to go play for Brasil at the tournament, but that wouldn't give enough time for Pep to train with him. Eventually he left and either way it didn't seem he find his form at Milan, so it would've been a waste either way. Its because he isn't from La Masia? Fabregas is from there, but Pep didn't want to sign him from Arsenal it was the fans/board etc that demanded him.
    nonetheless he should gave more extra attention for playerlike Dinho who undergo a crucial time in his career.....

Not really. Madrid were/are linked with a lot of players, Aguero/Silva/Cole/Gerrard/Bale/Tevez/Maicon/etc didn't mean Valdano wanted them,
    yes he did, Valdano wanted them for the team and for the business, and Mou have other opinion which is god for the team and eventually Perez see the light and kick Valdano out for good, now he's out there bad mouthing Madrid and Mou

No he didn't. Mou complained when the refs got call wrong in his favour, but when the ref give them offside goals or PK from dives he says nothing about it. If he said/complained saying they shouldn't have gotten that, than it'd be understandable, but truth is what teams don't suffer from refs mistakes?
    as if Guardiola said anything when he's team get a wrong call in his favour for his team, like in 2009 for example,
    the point is it was common sense, like you said neither Madrid or Barca were saints.....

I'm not mad. You asked what I thought about Chelsea form last season after i said Bayern form wasn't better than Madrid. I told you their form was sh!t. Are you saying Chelsea were the best team last season? They were 5th/6th in EPL
    no one said that Chelsea is the best last season, and yes Bayern for wasn't better than Madrid last season but Madrid lose via PK shoot out, and also Bayern have more motivation since they will get to play in their stadium...

I back my opinion up. You spoke of no one forgetting 2009 CL, and I told you how no one is forgetting a lot of many controversial calls made in football. Mad? Not really. Italians have been around controversial calls as well? Haven't they? You seem to put blame on Barcelona a lot. My response to you wasn't just based off what you said up top, but you've said these things a few times in this thread, which I ignored at the time.
    the problem is whenever i spoke about cheating you always think that i talk about Barcelona, which not cause i merely pointing out cheating etcetera, and you started thinking that i was trying to put the blame on Barca :shrug:
    i only mention the 2009 Stamford bridge cause it was notorious and still fresh, its not like i try to denied Franco Madrid and Italian calciopoli.........

It shows that a foul was committed outside the box. Fabio was off balance when going in and he tripped. You can argue it wasn't a dive, but the PK shouldn't have been given.
    SMH,there is something wrong with you if you don't think that was a penalty......
    yeah there is a foul outside the box intended for Grosso, but the referee decide to play on, and finally when Grosso passed through Lucas, that MOFO grab his leg, he don't even get the ball and Grosso in a very good position all he have to do is pass to Toni and we have a goal, surely looking for a penalty is not the right choice at that time

Why are you mad now? I didn't say Barcelona, don't dive or benefitted from calls I gave you an overview on things proving they aren't the only team who have benefitted, which you continuously imply too.
    Mad? Who? you ?

How about we examine this, if Italy didn't get that PK, they may have not been in the finals, right? italy were down to 10 men and ET anything could've happen as well as PK SO. If Malouda didn't dive the whole Zidane incident wouldn't have happen either.
    meh that red card for matrix is not right either, it was yellow at best, and also with IF you can recreate the world

Barcelona VS Chelsea.

1) The ref sent off Eric Abidal, which was probably the wrong decision. In case the conspiracy theorists didn’t notice, Abidal plays for Barcelona. So Barca, not Chelsea, had to play the last 30 minutes with ten men. Yeah, Uefa really wanted Chelsea to lose.

2) The ref, Norway’s Tom Henning Ovrebo, was poor but nowhere near as poor as most people say. Chelsea had four penalty claims last night, but only one of them was indisputably a pen – the Pique handball, which was blatant. Even then, it was the linesman’s job to spot that, as Ovrebo was unsighted. The other three were 50/50 decisions.

3) Barcelona could have had a couple of penalties at the Camp Nou. How quickly people forget that. Oh, and Michael Ballack should have been sent off in Barcelona.

Both teams suffered from calls, but people want to pay attention just to how it only benefits Barcelona. Even Guus Chelsea managers in 08/09 season, played down conspiracies and admitted to bad refereeing on both accounts.
    this is so sad.................
    you are beyond help dude, i did't know that Barca fanboy can be this deluded........

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

There was no PK a foul outside of the box. You are delusional and letting your Italians fanboyism get the best of you. the "MOFO" didn't grab his leg, the Italian tripped over him and took a free PK.

Mad? Nope.

Sad? Deluded? Just like your comment on trying to defend a PK that shouldn't have been award...

'I don’t agree with Mourinho at all on this. It is right that my Chelsea side was badly disadvantaged then, the call that bothered me was the hand ball penalty we were denied in injury time. That was a clear mistake from the referee." said Hiddink

The Chelsea manager at that time (2009) spoke mainly about the Pique hand ball.

Last edited by ReLax -; 01-28-2013 at 10:26 PM.

Status
    Feb 2010
    In a society that has
    destroy society

arguing with Totsuka No Tsurugi is pointless waste of time :shrug:

Guardiola handed £240m war chest at Bayern... and Suarez is top of his list
    By ANDY JAMES ''DailyMail''

Where do new's like that come from? it's ridiculous. But IF it was to be true .. with Pep + 240 mill = Mou Champions Ligue hopes decrease by another 50 %

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post

By ANDY JAMES ''DailyMail''

Where do new's like that come from? it's ridiculous. But IF it was to be true .. with Pep + 240 mill = Mou Champions Ligue hopes decrease by another 50 %
    lol

I know I read that it was pathetic. They have the cash, so people assume with Pep they'll use it, but they never allowed it to be used with Jupp and they had a rough time agreeing to buy Martinez. I heard rumours are going on that in Bayern there are arguments going on in-between the players, mainly Robben/Gomez. Either way I can see Pep using the cash, that if they want the CL right away, but I think Bayern main purpose to get Pep was to finish off what LvG started and to use youth academy and/or help develop it.

Status
    Feb 2010
    In a society that has
    destroy society

lol

I know I read that it was pathetic. They have the cash, so people assume with Pep they'll use it, but they never allowed it to be used with Jupp and they had a rough time agreeing to buy Martinez. I heard rumours are going on that in Bayern there are arguments going on in-between the players, mainly Robben/Gomez. Either way I can see Pep using the cash, that if they want the CL right away, but I think Bayern main purpose to get Pep was to finish off what LvG started and to use youth academy and/or help develop it.
    Yea, that's what I was thinking... Pep was proven to be one of the best man to bring up the talents from youth academy and with additional 240mil to back up his project. I wouldn't be surprised with 1 superstar purchase ''Falco or Suerez'' to be honest,.

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Yea, that's what I was thinking... Pep was proven to be one of the best man to bring up the talents from youth academy and with additional 240mil to back up his project. I wouldn't be surprised with 1 superstar purchase ''Falco or Suerez'' to be honest,.
    I think he'll go for Suarez. He likes the false 9 and Suarez fits the bill, but Falcao is also a option, most likely Robben/Gomez will be out, so they'll have funds either way. It seems every club is going for false 9 look now a days.

Status
    Feb 2010
    In a society that has
    destroy society

I think he'll go for Suarez. He likes the false 9 and Suarez fits the bill, but Falcao is also a option, most likely Robben/Gomez will be out, so they'll have funds either way. It seems every club is going for false 9 look now a days.
    I have two separate opinions here one that agrees with you about Suarez and another one that Falco would be much better false 9 for Bayern but I'd wish him to stay at Athletico Madrid years to come.. some one must represent capital of Spain and intertain La liga

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

I have two separate opinions here one that agrees with you about Suarez and another one that Falco would be much better false 9 for Bayern but I'd wish him to stay at Athletico Madrid years to come.. some one must represent capital of Spain and intertain La liga
    A. Madrid are in financial problems he'll leave. He even said recently competing with Barcelona/Madrid isn't easy and especially with Messi/CR in Spain. A. Madrid are a promising team with Koke/Turan/etc. Sadly they'll have to invest in someone else. Falcao is a #9, so he can't play the false 9 role

Status
    Feb 2010
    In a society that has
    destroy society

A. Madrid are in financial problems he'll leave. He even said recently competing with Barcelona/Madrid isn't easy and especially with Messi/CR in Spain. A. Madrid are a promising team with Koke/Turan/etc. Sadly they'll have to invest in someone else. Falcao is a #9, so he can't play the false 9 role
    lol, now that's embarrassing :D Anyway this year they will qualify for CL and probably will end up second in the Ligue. I hope he will stay because Chelsea/City/PSG would be worst places for such a player to go ... Arsenal / Milan / Bayern / Borussia Dortmund / Juve the best choices, but sadly non of those clubs have that much money to spend.

With ManU interested in Lewandowski and RVP in the squad I don't see them making a bid for Falco

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

lol, now that's embarrassing :D Anyway this year they will qualify for CL and probably will end up second in the Ligue. I hope he will stay because Chelsea/City/PSG would be worst places for such a player to go ... Arsenal / Milan / Bayern / Borussia Dortmund / Juve the best choices, but sadly non of those clubs have that much money to spend.

With ManU interested in Lewandowski and RVP in the squad I don't see them making a bid for Falco
    Indeed. I wouldn't want to see him there either. Those clubs may have ambition, but the players are mainly there for the money at the end of the day. Arsenal would be good, but I highly doubt it, as they won't be able to offer him enough money, but it'd be nice to see him at Milan/Dortmund/Juve. I heard Balotelli signed with Milan? lol

I think Lewandowski already signed a deal with him, sad to see him leave Dortmund, I wonder why he's leaving...Rues/Gotze will probably play the false 9 role.

Status
    Sep 2011
    meager endeavour

There was no PK a foul outside of the box. You are delusional and letting your Italians fanboyism get the best of you. the "MOFO" didn't grab his leg, the Italian tripped over him and took a free PK.
    oh really ?

if you still think that MOFO didn't grab Fabio leg then you are also blind and ignorant like Ovrebo,
    and by the way that Vid was made an Aussie so he is nowhere near biased....

Sad? Deluded? Just like your comment on trying to defend a PK that shouldn't have been award...
    its clear and fair PK, the defense launch a tackle to the opposition in the penalty box, he missed the ball and when the player tried advance the defense grab his leg :shrug:

'I don’t agree with Mourinho at all on this. It is right that my Chelsea side was badly disadvantaged then, the call that bothered me was the hand ball penalty we were denied in injury time. That was a clear mistake from the referee." said Hiddink

The Chelsea manager at that time (2009) spoke mainly about the Pique hand ball.
    Guus Hiddink eh ? that guy is not one to talk in times like that since he was the one who lead the Korean **** in 2002
    and he said nothing about it, so when his team get the same reception by the REF,he shouldn't be talking at all,

its just after the match, things still get messy, but after that they made an analysis, pros Like Gullit agree that there's at least 3-4 penalty for Chelsea

come on now wonderboy, are you still mad about the ***** thingy from OPB ?,
    am pretty sure i apologize to you about that

Status
    Feb 2010
    In a society that has
    destroy society

Indeed. I wouldn't want to see him there either. Those clubs may have ambition, but the players are mainly there for the money at the end of the day. Arsenal would be good, but I highly doubt it, as they won't be able to offer him enough money, but it'd be nice to see him at Milan/Dortmund/Juve. I heard Balotelli signed with Milan? lol

I think Lewandowski already signed a deal with him, sad to see him leave Dortmund, I wonder why he's leaving...Rues/Gotze will probably play the false 9 role.
    Materazzi mentioned something about Mario wearing AC Milan socks in Inter's dressing room '' thought Mario was a AC Milan FAN'' .. I think poor guy just woke up in the wrong bedroom that morning :D

also I saw weardest news from scandinavian news portal that stated that Real Madrid are interested in Arsene Wenger. I DONT THINK IT WILL HAPPEND. But with billion tons of respect to Wenger and all the **** that happened to him and he's coaching career at Arsenal, board that can't keep good players. Real Madrid for Wenger... would be well deserved, he's one of the best coaches and is 100% committed to his work. Real Madrid + Arsene =

Last edited by Grim; 01-29-2013 at 10:35 PM.

Status
    Jun 2012
    And im the one to blame aint
    no loving me </3

Ronaldo scoring a hatrick against sevilla
    Suberp class
    Left foot long range goal was awesome

Status
    Jun 2011
    I was a crazy kid.

Tonight at 20:45 AM

Celtic vs Juventus

Valencia vs PSG
    ----------
    At these matches, I'll support Celtic and PSG. Juventus are favorites, for sure but still Celtic may turn it into a draw or a win...who knows?
    Valencia vs PSG is a cool and a close match, but PSG should win this. They are the better team so they shouldn't let Valencia win this match.
    ----------
    Celtic's squand:
    Forster, Izaguirre, Ambrose, Wilson, Mulgrew, Lustig, Brown, Commons, Wanyama, Forrest, Hooper/SUBS: Załuska, Matthews, Ledley, Kayal, Miku, Nouioui, Watt.

Juventus's squand:
    Buffon, Martín Cáceres, Peluso, Barzagli, Bonucci, Lichtsteiner, Marchisio, Pirlo, Vidal, Vučinić, Matri/ SUBS: Storari, Pogba, Padoin, Marrone, Giovinco, Anelka, Quagliarella.

Valnecia's squand:
    Guaita, Rami, Pereira, R Costa, Banega, Guardado, Parejo, T Costa, Jonas, Soldado/ SUBS: Alves, Albelda, Viera, Canales, Piatti, Valdez.

PSG's squand:
    PSG: Sirigu, Sakho, Alex, Maxwell, Matuidi, Verratti, Pastore, Lucas, Lavezzi, Ibrahimović/ SUBS: Douchez, Armand, Van der Wiel, Ménez, Chantôme, Gameiro.

Last edited by -God of War-; 02-12-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Status
    Sep 2010
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Valencia v/s PSG: 1-2

Even if this remain a very good result for PSG - as it's an away victory with 2 goals scored. But they still missed it up in second half and I hope for them, that this isn't going to haunt them at Parc des Princes. They should have made it 3-0; had Lavezzi not miss 2-3 good chances in second half. Then came the late goal of Valencia on free-kick with Rami's flick. And also, Zlatan's red card - a red which looks severe in my eyes when I watch the replays. Also, Veratti will miss the return leg. Still, they did play much much better than in November or so. And I must admit, Lucas' arrival is synonymous with this better PSG. His pace, skills and power are exceptional. Something, I already knew but it's great that he's showing this on CL Platform. Lavezzi is also faring much better in a central role. Apart being Argentinian, there's many glimpses of Tevez in his play. Valencia is a good team but sincerely, they were outshone by PSG tonight and a 1-2 scoreline is pretty flattering and still hopeful for them...

Celtic v/s Juve: 0-3

Well, this might have been a predictable scoreline before the match but still, the match isn't reflected with this score. I was mostly expecting Celtic to defend a lot but they played extremely and I mean, extremely high against Juventus. Quite frankly, even if the defence of Juventus was okay, this was a disappointing performance from Juventus. Even in their counters, they were sloppy and the midfield were pretty sloppy in passes. They score the first goal; in what was a huge blunder from Celtic defense and their 2 remaining goals were scored in last 15 minutes when Celtic played were arguably out of juice. I was hoping to see a more dominant Juventus tonight as I perceive them as one of the favorites but I guess, what matters is the result as I always say. And with their ruthless tactical approach and opportunistic flair, they really made themselves comfortable for the return leg and a more than-probable quarter final.

Okay, done with the appetizers. All eyes and more on Madrid v/s United now. :D

Status
    Sep 2011
    Premeditated Murder.

I am a huge supporter of barcelona but i want real madrid to win . With thier men returning from injury i think they have enough quality in thier team to beat this manchester united side. Manchester united seems to be having a walk in the park in the league and looks most likely to win it , so i will like to see how they fair against this madrid team who have set most of thier sights on champions league glory . With ronaldo also coming off a hatrick last week that should be a huge confidence booster. I am going for a 2_1 win for madrid.

Status
    Sep 2011
    meager endeavour

2-0 for Madrid..........
    unless shit happens then MANU will take is one

Status
    Sep 2010
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Well, I'll be updating this post with live-commentary and live-updates of the match. Though, in case, the match gets too nail-biting, my hands won't get on the keyboard In that case, you'll excuse me

Getting close to it...-God of War- posted the squad players below...Thanks for that

Manchester United (4-2-3-1): De Gea; Rafael, Ferdinand, Evans, Evra; Carrick, Jones, Kagawa, Welbeck; Rooney, van Persie

Real Madrid (4-2-3-1): Lopez; Arbeloa, Ramos, Varane, Coentrao; Khedira, Alonso; Di Maria, Ozil, Ronaldo; Benzema

- Champions League Anthem Starting...Anticipation building-up....

0' - Here we go! RM Kick-off...

1': Madrid is pressing high as United is keeping slow passes.

1': First shot of Khedira which got off-target. Nice movement from RM.

2': Kagawa is the one who's keeping the ball better for now in United. No man-marking on CR7.

3': Di Maria acceleration sent me a chill but his shot is luckily off-target. Second shot

4: Yellow Card! RVP. Severe one...

5': POST for RM. This is getting more and more suffocating with each attack...

8': Misunderstanding between Varane & Lopez. First corner for United.

12': United trying to break the last line of Madrid without much success for some mins. now...

16': Elbow of Ramos on Evans. That was a bit intentional...

19': Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooal! Welbeck on a Rooney's corner. 0-1

22': First- on target shot by Di Maria... Saved by De Gea.

26': United's goal on their first chance, is really a fantastic operation for now.

27': Fantastic left-foot shot by CR7 on a follow-up of his free-kick. Close but off-target. Sent me a shiver.

29': EQUALISER! CR7 obviously. Clinical header. Perfectly placed, must admit. 1-1

33': Damn!. So close for Welbeck. Closely deflected by lopez on a great cross of RVP.

34': Rooney....Tried to round 3 players and shoot. Shot closely off-target.

36': 11-6 in Attempts stats for now (for RM)...As per TV!

37': Ozil' shoot on a long-through ball by Alonso. Saved by De Gea into corner.

39': Yellow card for Rafael!

42': Missile by CR7! Really close. Phew....

43': United really need to hold this 1-1 score by half-time. RM is really pushing hard...\

46': Contrao whips an excellent cross for CR7 whose header went agonizingly close...

HALF-TIME!

Many more chances for Madrid but that was to be expected as they are at Bernabeu. Ronaldo's headers and shots always created danger; with one of his header finding the net. Contrao's post shot also was one of the main moments. United seized the moment on that corner with Welbeck; and the latter also got the second best chance for United as his deflection from RVP's cross was saved barely by Lopez. I think, United will be more compact in defence if they are leading or if they are still tied by the hour-mark.

I know, my updates are really short but as usual, I'll do a long review with details on players' performance and physiognomy of the match at the end of the match. For now, my eyes are way too stuck on the TV.

Second-half!

51': Quite some back-and-forth action for some time now. With the defences solid enough for now.

52': Long-range shot by Di maria but saved pretty easily by De Gea.

53': What a volley by Di Maria for 20 yards! Off-target but cold sweat for De Gea!

53': Oh mY! Last-ditch defence from Varane on Evra who was rushing onto goal. No foul given but there was contact! It's a pretty lineant referee we got here btw.

58': Di Maria is impressive today!

59': Benzema OUT! Higuain IN!

60': WHAT A SAVE by De gea! This guy has some crazy leg reflexes as he saves Contrao's shot after Khedira's cross.

62': Just some thought as Madrid got possession! The goal from CR7 was a mirror reflection of his bullet header in CL's 2008 final.

64': Kagawa OUT! Giggs IN!

67': Madrid is pressing high now; in search of a goal.

69': Ronaldo cuts a low-cross of Higuain but off target!

71': F**k! Double-chances for RVP! His shot on the bar and seconds later, he misses his shot and Alonso saves it on the line! RVP should have scored there!

73': Welbeck OUT! Valencia IN!

74': Corners are piling up for Madrid! And they are also shooting a lot which are being deflected by United defence!

75': Di Maria OUT! Modric IN!

76': Higuain try a shot without much power! Saved by De Gea; even if he seemed blinded by his defence. Come on, De gea, keep it up!

79': Shot by Khedira which is saved by De Gea after a long spell of possession by Madrid.

80': Great chance for Giggs but unfortunately, given his weak right foot, he didn't finish the chance.

82': Alonso OUT! Pepe IN!

83': Rooney OUT! Anderson IN!

85': So close for CR7! A free-kick from 37 yards or so and it went just over the bar!

87': Yellow-card for Valencia for an elbow on Ramos; who again did lots of cinema.

89': United still hanging on to this 1-1 draw as we get....+3 minutes of additional time!

91': Evans & Jones remove the ball barely from Ronaldo's feet as he was about to finish from close-range!

92': Lopez saves Madrid! RVP sends a good volley which is parred by the gk into corner!

93': End of the match as United players are contesting against the referee because he didn't let the last corner being played.

Oh well, there, we are: 1-1 as I'll do an elaborate review in some minutes! Stay tuned!

Last edited by Escorpiius; 02-13-2013 at 09:37 PM.

Senior Member Naruto N. Uzumaki's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2012
    too cool for a status

Status
    Jun 2011
    I was a crazy kid.

Big match tonight at 20:45 AM

Real Madrid vs Manchester United
    Estadio Santiago Bernabéu

Real Madrid's squand:
    Diego López, Varane, Ramos, Coentrão, Arbeloa, Khedira, Özil, Alonso, Di María, Ronaldo, Benzema SUBS: Adán, Pepe, Carvalho, Kaká, Essien, Modrić, Higuaín.

Mancheser United's squand:
    De Gea, Rafael, Evra, Jones, Ferdinand, Evans, Carrick, Kagawa, Rooney, Welbeck, Van Persie SUBS: Lindegaard, Smalling, Valencia, Anderson, Giggs, Cleverley, Hernández.

Escorpiius will post live about this match. So, I have nothing to say I guess...

--------------------

Shakhtar Donetsk v/s Borussia Dortmund

Shakhtar's squand:
    Pyatov, Raţ, Chygrynskiy, Rakitskiy, Hübschman, Fernandinho, Alex Teixeira, Srna, Luiz Adriano, Mkhitaryan, Taison. SUBS: Kanibolotskiy, Shevchuk, Ishchenko, Stepanenko, Douglas Costa, Eduardo, Dević.

Dortmund's squand:
    Weidenfeller, Hummels, Piszczek, Felipe Santana, Schmelzer, Kehl, Bender, Götze, Reus, Błaszczykowski, Lewandowski. SUBS: Langerak, Subotić, Halstenberg, Leitner, Nuri Şahin, Bittencourt, Schieber.

-------------------------------------

Last edited by -God of War-; 02-13-2013 at 07:11 PM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    I was a crazy kid.

HALF-TIME

Real M. 1-1 Man U.

Shakhtar 1-1 Dortmund

Both games, the same result.
    Anyway...

Manchester made a really good game, and also scored first. Real created more chances and had a better attack...they attacked more, had a good presure agaist Manchester. Manchester had a good defence, and at the first half, they played a deffending game more than an attacking one. Both teams scored with a header...Welbeck almost scored twice, and tht would be shocking for everyone.
    etc.......
    -------------------
    I don't know what to say about Shakhtar- Dortmund, cause I wasn't watching that game. But a 1-1 result looks...a little tricky and weird for Dortmund. I thought Dortmund would score 2 goals since in the first half, and Shakhtar one. But looks like Dortmund lost a lot of good chances, and Shakhtar made a really good free-kick by scoring first! Possession os very close, but on total attempts Dortmund look the better team in attack.

Now, let's see what happens in the 2nd half!

Status
    Oct 2008
    This user has no status.

Do a barrel roll, Ramos, they'll give you free kick for that.
    EDIT: That ref was clearly helping Madrid

Last edited by Pesh; 02-13-2013 at 09:37 PM.