such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Re: General Football Debates!

Quote Originally Posted by -God of War- View Post
    Milan v/s Barcelona
    Lightning truly struck at San Siro tonight!

Okay, I'll admit it - I never expected that kind of performance from Milan and yeah, really saw such a miserable Barcelona.
    Yes, the first goal is highly debatable and yes, knowing Barca, I won't be surprised to see them complain about that and the poor pitch condition but still...what a performance by Milan.

What's truly surprising in this match was the lack of attempts by Barcelona; with probably only Iniesta's shot at 75' sending some chills down Abbiati's spine. But first and foremost, what should be saluted is Milan's fantastic pressing after their first goal which made Barca's limp comeback look extremely tame and even better, resulted in an extremely crucial second goal.

In the first half, Milan defended well and tried to operate on counters. Pazzini dropped really deep and Boateng & Muntari did amazing efforts. Barca had possession but it was highly sterile. Well, in the first 20 minutes, their pressing disrupted all Milan counters but gradually, they started weakening against certain counters; with El Sharaawy often so close but in vain.

Also, given the slow pace that Barca instilled with their possession, I could analyzed the tactic that Allegri used to block Messi and it was highly interesting to say the least; better than a "gun" So, when Messi dropped onto midfield, he was man-marked by one Milan player and zone-marked by either a winger or midfielder. If he tried playing as No.9, Milan centre-backs opted to remain close to him and play the offside line if Pedro/Iniesta made a run. Still, I was surprised that it worked to that kind of perfection.

Frankly, I think Barca players grew over-confident of their force and thought in first-half, that despite the slow pace & rythm, their possession spell will do the job sooner or later in second-half. I guess, they couldn't be wrong. And with most players in a really off-day, the cost is indeed highly paid.

Coming on the controversial first goal, it should have been disallowed but the handball pass wasn't scandalous as it was clearly involuntary. The Milan-shot was deflected by a Barca player onto Zapata's hand; who inadvertently turned into an assist for K.P.Boateng. It wasn't something like Henry's Hand of Frog against Ireland but still, the hand "expanded his surface of intervention" and was decisive in that action. Oh well... it was accepted. Perhaps, a karma due to Barca's overconfidence in the first half.

The second goal is awesome counter-attack though - with El Sharaawy' assist perfectly done for Muntari's volley. Boateng and Muntari are clearly the 2 MOTM for me. Not only did they score but they were arguably the 2 best Milan players in 1st half imo as they had incredible work-rate as they defended and even attacked a lot. Excellent contribution and devotion to their team.

Overall, Barca players are clearly in jeopardy after this 2-0 defeat. Certainly, there's a return leg at Camp Nou - and I don't think they do such a woeful match twice but the advantage is a comfy one for Milan. Perhaps, a Milan victory isn't as a big upset as they remain a CL Monumentous Giant but winning without conceding goal against Barca, that I certainly didn't see... Did they finally pay their over-reliance on Messi as me, ReLax talked some months ago and as feared, Pedro/Fabregas/Sanchez didn't step-up on that day? It does seem the case right now. If Milan scores one goal at Camp Nou and plays an equally good match like this one, I think we could well see the biggest shocker of this Knockout Round.

Status
    Jan 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm so happy Milan won.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Quote Originally Posted by kmrasengan View Post
    I'm so happy Milan won.
    Well, me too as they were highly deserving today in my eyes; way more than Barca.
    Condolences to all Barca fans from my side and especially ReLax, Rei & Grim

Status
    Oct 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    Lightning truly struck at San Siro tonight!

Okay, I'll admit it - I never expected that kind of performance from Milan and yeah, really saw such a miserable Barcelona.
    Yes, the first goal is highly debatable and yes, knowing Barca, I won't be surprised to see them complain about that and the poor pitch condition but still...what a performance by Milan.

What's truly surprising in this match was the lack of attempts by Barcelona; with probably only Iniesta's shot at 75' sending some chills down Abbiati's spine. But first and foremost, what should be saluted is Milan's fantastic pressing after their first goal which made Barca's limp comeback look extremely tame and even better, resulted in an extremely crucial second goal.

In the first half, Milan defended well and tried to operate on counters. Pazzini dropped really deep and Boateng & Muntari did amazing efforts. Barca had possession but it was highly sterile. Well, in the first 20 minutes, their pressing disrupted all Milan counters but gradually, they started weakening against certain counters; with El Sharaawy often so close but in vain.

Also, given the slow pace that Barca instilled with their possession, I could analyzed the tactic that Allegri used to block Messi and it was highly interesting to say the least; better than a "gun" So, when Messi dropped onto midfield, he was man-marked by one Milan player and zone-marked by either a winger or midfielder. If he tried playing as No.9, Milan centre-backs opted to remain close to him and play the offside line if Pedro/Iniesta made a run. Still, I was surprised that it worked to that kind of perfection.

Frankly, I think Barca players grew over-confident of their force and thought in first-half, that despite the slow pace & rythm, their possession spell will do the job sooner or later in second-half. I guess, they couldn't be wrong. And with most players in a really off-day, the cost is indeed highly paid.

Coming on the controversial first goal, it should have been disallowed but the handball pass wasn't scandalous as it was clearly involuntary. The Milan-shot was deflected by a Barca player onto Zapata's hand; who inadvertently turned into an assist for K.P.Boateng. It wasn't something like Henry's Hand of Frog against Ireland but still, the hand "expanded his surface of intervention" and was decisive in that action. Oh well... it was accepted. Perhaps, a karma due to Barca's overconfidence in the first half.

The second goal is awesome counter-attack though - with El Sharaawy' assist perfectly done for Muntari's volley. Boateng and Muntari are clearly the 2 MOTM for me. Not only did they score but they were arguably the 2 best Milan players in 1st half imo as they had incredible work-rate as they defended and even attacked a lot. Excellent contribution and devotion to their team.

Overall, Barca players are clearly in jeopardy after this 2-0 defeat. Certainly, there's a return leg at Camp Nou - and I don't think they do such a woeful match twice but the advantage is a comfy one for Milan. Perhaps, a Milan victory isn't as a big upset as they remain a CL Monumentous Giant but winning without conceding goal against Barca, that I certainly didn't see... Did they finally pay their over-reliance on Messi as me, ReLax talked some months ago and as feared, Pedro/Fabregas/Sanchez didn't step-up on that day? It does seem the case right now. If Milan scores one goal at Camp Nou and plays an equally good match like this one, I think we could well see the biggest shocker of this Knockout Round.
    Most likely a karma due to Barca's second penalty a year ago

BTW perfect match analysis, well done

Last edited by EgsA; 02-20-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm still busy with some studying, but I though I'd drop in and give my 2 cent.

To be fair here, the media will ask them about it and they will respond, which obviously most people wouldn't like to hear.

I remember a month back I said it to one guy who said Barcelona will thrash Milan, that Milan at San Siro are difficult to defeat and Barcelona doesn't hold the best of results there, not to forget that we have faced them 4 times in a year, so they'd know what we are capable of. Barcelona after the winter break seem to step off the gas a bit. Milan were clearly the better team.

Milan did a lot of good defending in the midfield and disposing of Barcelona. They pressed hard and didn't give any breathing space to them. Messi was completely lost and in a long time I seen a game of Iniesta, which he didn't perform too well. Fabregas was confused. Are defence as usually remains overrated. There wasn't any other forward stepping up to the plate. Milan capitalize and got the result. I do hope we can turn this around at the Nou Camp, but it'll be difficult to happen. At least after the 5 day date with Madrid we get at least a week to rest before our CL fixture.

However the second goal by Milan was a beauty with the build up play leading to it.

Congrats to Milan and their supporters.

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society

Quote Originally Posted by ReLax - View Post
    I'm still busy with some studying, but I though I'd drop in and give my 2 cent.

To be fair here, the media will ask them about it and they will respond, which obviously most people wouldn't like to hear.

I remember a month back I said it to one guy who said Barcelona will thrash Milan, that Milan at San Siro are difficult to defeat and Barcelona doesn't hold the best of results there, not to forget that we have faced them 4 times in a year, so they'd know what we are capable of. Barcelona after the winter break seem to step off the gas a bit. Milan were clearly the better team.

Milan did a lot of good defending in the midfield and disposing of Barcelona. They pressed hard and didn't give any breathing space to them. Messi was completely lost and in a long time I seen a game of Iniesta, which he didn't perform too well. Fabregas was confused. Are defence as usually remains overrated. There wasn't any other forward stepping up to the plate. Milan capitalize and got the result. I do hope we can turn this around at the Nou Camp, but it'll be difficult to happen. At least after the 5 day date with Madrid we get at least a week to rest before our CL fixture.

However the second goal by Milan was a beauty with the build up play leading to it.

Congrats to Milan and their supporters.
    I wonder if Tito's absent has something to do with it...... this result rocked my day

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I wonder if Tito's absent has something to do with it...... this result rocked my day
    His presence maybe, but Roura was taking all orders from him on the phone.

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroy society

His presence maybe, but Roura was taking all orders from him on the phone.
    Not sure how well this long distance management works.... by the looks of it it works awful :3 I blame Cancer this time... I can't simply accept this defeat... AC Milan was the better team but only that day I will never understand

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Not sure how well this long distance management works.... by the looks of it it works awful :3 I blame Cancer this time... I can't simply accept this defeat... AC Milan was the better team but only that day I will never understand
    This is how they are without Pep. The team is lacking motivation. Pep was a lot more demanding and fearing type. He benched Pique most of last season as his form dipped and made him do a lot of work during training. We almost did make a league comeback (eventually lost to Madrid and lead extended from there) and went to CL S-final. This season we may actually be knocked out before the QF. The CDR depends on the next encounter with Madrid which is in the air and Madrid will want desperately.

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroy society

This is how they are without Pep. The team is lacking motivation. Pep was a lot more demanding and fearing type. He benched Pique most of last season as his form dipped and made him do a lot of work during training. We almost did make a league comeback (eventually lost to Madrid and lead extended from there) and went to CL S-final. This season we may actually be knocked out before the QF. The CDR depends on the next encounter with Madrid which is in the air and Madrid will want desperately.
    This season started as no one would expect, but now all this effort does fade away after Tito's leave. I do agree with you... but again this is a team that actually can win the games without a manager. Roura's reaction and over all he shows to charecter...

and something positive, word fight this time between Pele and Neymars agent.. I actually lol'ed at this and It's true

"If Pele played nowadays, he would be inferior to Neymar. In his time, all the defenders were slow and the fitness levels were not the same."

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

This season started as no one would expect, but now all this effort does fade away after Tito's leave. I do agree with you... but again this is a team that actually can win the games without a manager. Roura's reaction and over all he shows to charecter...

and something positive, word fight this time between Pele and Neymars agent.. I actually lol'ed at this and It's true

"If Pele played nowadays, he would be inferior to Neymar. In his time, all the defenders were slow and the fitness levels were not the same."
    Nope. They still need a manager no matter.

lol Pele actually said something negative about Neymar. Regardless, Pele would do just fine in this time, there were some advantages and disadvantages in both time frames.

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroy society

Nope. They still need a manager no matter.

lol Pele actually said something negative about Neymar. Regardless, Pele would do just fine in this time, there were some advantages and disadvantages in both time frames.
    What I mean is that the sead is planted by Pep it's not like it was after Rijkaard's Barcelona. That's why I wouldn't give Tito all credit if he wins Triple this year.

Pele wouldn't win all the title he did with his Brazilin team he had back then. He had pretty sorrow record against Barcelona with Santos back the tho

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Madrid fan => Madrista => Spanish => ''Euro 08, 12 and WC 2010'' <= Barcelona

I know it sound naive, I was half serious with all this... I just used to enjoy beer with opposite team fans and talk about bouth sides without any problem or dissrespect ... to game we all love so much.
    I think it's only anti-social kids that burst hate and talk shit ... I couldn't come up with better explanation
    I don't agree about the fact that it's all anti-social kids and that it's all about Messi v/s Ronaldo. For me, the rivalry between Barcelona and Madrid have way too deep roots and that the hate will always be present.

Sure, they'll reunite for the common cause of Spain's success when time comes but at the end, they'll be foes after that. Some rivalries have connection that are too deep and profound.

Germany/Holland, Brazil/Argentina, Boca Junior/River Plate, Tottenham/Arsenal, PSG/Marseille, Lazio/AS Roma, Liverpool/Everton, Ajax/Feynooord, CSKA/Spartak, City/United, Celtic/Rangers, Fenerbache/Galatasaray, Inter/AC Milan, Liverpool/United & Madrid/Barcelona ect... All these, are enemies and it's a fact that supersedes by far social-networking flaming. There've been war, political issues, jealousy, pride, fights, bad blood, intensity and lots of historical events in those rivalries.

Sure, nowadays, Madrid/Barcelona have been more about the fight of supermacy, or about 2 philosophies of football or between the 2 best players in football planet. But still, these clubs would have remain enemies even without that. Perhaps, nowadays generation doesn't really care about the war that occurred before but still certain events remain fresh in memories like the pig head onto Figo, the money chants against Eto'o, the 'excessive' title celebration of Ronaldinho, Eto'o & Co., the 2-6 faceslap at Bernabeu and so on...Moreover, the older generations of fans do transmit this hate cycle to newer generation. All these have made these games always hotly contested and this fact will never change... And it's true for all of the rivalries I've named (and some I've even missed...).

And something positive, word fight this time between Pele and Neymars agent.. I actually lol'ed at this and It's true

There were also lots of disadvantages at that time that would make it really complicated for Neymar to succeed in that time. I mean, would Neymar be as fit if he traveled in road trains instead of his luxurious planes and Audi? Would he dribble as well on a poor soil pitch cause at that time, you could find more grass in a cow's den than a football ground?

And there are lots of elements like that. As ReLax said, there were some advantages and disadvantages in both time frames and we can't compare players from different time frames.

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroy society

I don't agree about the fact that it's all anti-social kids and that it's all about Messi v/s Ronaldo. For me, the rivalry between Barcelona and Madrid have way too deep roots and that the hate will always be present.

Sure, they'll reunite for the common cause of Spain's success when time comes but at the end, they'll be foes after that. Some rivalries have connection that are too deep and profound.

Germany/Holland, Brazil/Argentina, Boca Junior/River Plate, Tottenham/Arsenal, PSG/Marseille, Lazio/AS Roma, Liverpool/Everton, Ajax/Feynooord, CSKA/Spartak, City/United, Celtic/Rangers, Fenerbache/Galatasaray, Inter/AC Milan, Liverpool/United & Madrid/Barcelona ect... All these, are enemies and it's a fact that supersedes by far social-networking flaming. There've been war, political issues, jealousy, pride, fights, bad blood, intensity and lots of historical events in those rivalries.

Sure, nowadays, Madrid/Barcelona have been more about the fight of supermacy, or about 2 philosophies of football or between the 2 best players in football planet. But still, these clubs would have remain enemies even without that. Perhaps, nowadays generation doesn't really care about the war that occurred before but still certain events remain fresh in memories like the pig head onto Figo, the money chants against Eto'o, the 'excessive' title celebration of Ronaldinho, Eto'o & Co., the 2-6 faceslap at Bernabeu and so on...Moreover, the older generations of fans do transmit this hate cycle to newer generation. All these have made these games always hotly contested and this fact will never change... And it's true for all of the rivalries I've named (and some I've even missed...).

There were also lots of disadvantages at that time that would make it really complicated for Neymar to succeed in that time. I mean, would Neymar be as fit if he traveled in road trains instead of his luxurious planes and Audi? Would he dribble as well on a poor soil pitch cause at that time, you could find more grass in a cow's den than a football ground?

And there are lots of elements like that. As ReLax said, there were some advantages and disadvantages in both time frames and we can't compare players from different time frames.
    I used to have Russian girlfriend and she was fan of Zenit.. and all I needed to know is that Zenit > all as rivals I would say Zenit > Spartak

as for RM / Barca I will agree but look at all those ****'s on the internet who don't even speak or ever been in Spain... where does theyr hate come from? They don't have anything to do with Spanish/Catalan history .. anon's full of pride and ignorance ... I love Real Madird **** your club mine is better, Barcelona are divers, cheaters, girls, Pep didn't do anything, Barca was strong when he come there... I mean they don't even know defaq are they talking about and it's my weakness, it's easy to drag me into this kind of argument... It's easy in the pubs though.. never heard shittlike that there though.

This Pele remark was more of a physical form and how football has advanced... take old F1 cars... car's and tracks changed.. and you can't argue with that.. becouse you're going into corner 200km/h.... cars back then had top speead of that :D

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

Last edited by Totsuka No Tsurugi; 02-21-2013 at 11:16 AM.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

I used to have Russian girlfriend and she was fan of Zenit.. and all I needed to know is that Zenit > all as rivals I would say Zenit > Spartak

as for RM / Barca I will agree but look at all those ****'s on the internet who don't even speak or ever been in Spain... where does theyr hate come from? They don't have anything to do with Spanish/Catalan history .. anon's full of pride and ignorance ... I love Real Madird **** your club mine is better, Barcelona are divers, cheaters, girls, Pep didn't do anything, Barca was strong when he come there... I mean they don't even know defaq are they talking about and it's my weakness, it's easy to drag me into this kind of argument... It's easy in the pubs though.. never heard shittlike that there though.

This Pele remark was more of a physical form and how football has advanced... take old F1 cars... car's and tracks changed.. and you can't argue with that.. becouse you're going into corner 200km/h.... cars back then had top speead of that :D
    Well, it seems that you just let haters get on your nerves too easily. And I mean that.
    Forget the internet - I'm a United fan, and I took those kind of jabs/insults you just mentioned way too often by Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, City fans ect... Be it from neighbors, friends, family ect...Those things are completely normal in my eyes; it's like a football fan trait. But that shouldn't mean that we should get flustered for it. Yes, sometimes, you'll get angry but that also is normal.

Those insults you mentioned are stereotypical cliches used to fuel hate in the rivalry. It's like celebrity fandoms and all those gay slurs and insults on different celebs. Football's popularity has a lot to do with the way that those internet ****'s react. Frankly, there's no big gap between the glamour world and sports world nowadays and thereby, those insults are common notion.

Anyhow, the 'why hate a rival club' is not something easy to explain. It's just like it flows in the veins once you love a club. Like my love for Manchester gave rise to the hate towards Liverpool, City and lots more. And I don't come from England either. That's why they say football is a religion.

In your case what you seem to understand straight is that most RM fans have inherited the gene to hate Barcelona. it's like that for majority of them and you just can't change that. And it's the same for Barcelona fans - you can't sleep with thy enemy.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Diamond In The Rough!

So what we lost? Even great teams have bad days at the office. However in this case it is the manner at which we lost this tie that strikes a great fear to my bones. Barcelona are a team built on philosophy of being one with the ball learning to pass it and be patient ,however when playing such defensive sides like Chelsea ,milan and juventus a plan b strategy should be devised. Not all teams are like barcelona who are patient ,they defend against more than 7 men at thier own half of the field and counter and score decisive goals against teams like barcelona. I am tired this happened to us against celtic and Chelsea but not again ,i admit i as a long time barcelona have know the task ahead of us at the return leg is great but i believe we can do it. We played sluggishly an with no real intent to move forward until after we conceded the first goal and by that time milan were all but fired up. Then the issue came to lionel messi being the flop of the match and having no real opportunity at goal,this also happened to messi against Chelsea due to him being marked. To some extent i do agree his performance was disappointing and expected much more from the best player in the world but he was bad today does not mean he will be bad tomorrow or the day after that .They say messi dont make impact on big matches but bear in mind that this is the same lionel messi that scored two goals against Manchester united in uefa champions league final in 2011 which we won. Milan were the better team and to be honest the manner in which we were playing i wouldn't have been surprised if we conceded a third goal to all but kill our chances into advancing in the second leg. Now i have set aside the defeat of milan and is looking forward to next Tuesday semi -final copa dey rey clasico match ,we have to work hard in that competition and not take it for granted. On the bright side eric abidal who suffered from cancer on his liver about more than a year ago is back , he was missed and hopefully he can add much depth to the team.

Last edited by Thunderbolt; 02-21-2013 at 02:49 PM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

A shocking result from Milan 2-0 Barcelona...a happy one too! I don't think Barcelona can win the 2nd leg and go to the quarter-finals. They have to score 3 goals to win the game, 2 goals to draw. Knowing that Milan will try to play a more defensive game, it will be very hard for Barcelona to score. Also, if Milan scores only 1 goal Barcelona will have to score 4 goals. Barcelona can win the 2nd leg only if Milan will play a bad game. Barcelona's adventure MAY...END...HERE!

End of First-Leg (Round of 16) 12-20 February

First-Leg > Round of 16 RESULTS:
    0-3
    1-2
    ---------------------------------
    1-1
    2-2
    1-0
    1-3
    2-0
    1-1

Start of Second-Leg (Round of 16) 5-13 March
    . . . . . . .

Last edited by -God of War-; 02-22-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

A shocking result from Milan 2-0 Barcelona...a happy one too! I don't think Barcelona can win the 2nd leg and go to the quarter-finals. They have to score 3 goals to win the game, 2 goals to draw. Knowing that Milan will try to play a more defensive game, it will be very hard for Barcelona to score. Also, if Milan scores only 1 goal Barcelona will have to score 4 goals. Barcelona can win the 2nd leg only if Milan will play a bad game. Barcelona's adventure MAY...END...HERE!

3-0
    1-2
    1-1
    2-2
    1-0
    1-3
    2-0
    1-1

. . . . . . .

I won't say much but we may not have any Spanish teams in the Quarter Finals.

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Sadly.

Valencia still have a chance, as Ibra won't be playing and I thought they did a good job containing him at home. PSG will be difficult and odds favour them however. I do think Valencia may put one in at the very least.

Malaga are going home, so a benefit for them there defence away was quite amazing, imagine at home? Of all honesty I think Pelle came for a draw at Porto. Porto is a dangerous team however, but at least Malaga now have home advantage, so will see.

Madrid and United are 50/50, however United have never lost in a KO stage when they drew an away game and Madrid have never won when they drew at home, so it'll be interesting.

Barcelona is probably in the worst seat right now compared to the other Liga teams, but they can still turn it around I think they'll have to perform extremely well and seeing how they have conceding so many goals I believe Milan will score one. Barcelona will at least need to put 4 past them for insurance.

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroy society

it's a conspiracy

3-0
    1-2
    1-1
    2-2
    1-0
    1-3
    2-0
    1-1

. . . . . . .

you made a mistake... figure it out yourself... it should be easy

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    cake?”

Sadly.

Valencia still have a chance, as Ibra won't be playing and I thought they did a good job containing him at home. PSG will be difficult and odds favour them however. I do think Valencia may put one in at the very least.

Malaga are going home, so a benefit for them there defence away was quite amazing, imagine at home? Of all honesty I think Pelle came for a draw at Porto. Porto is a dangerous team however, but at least Malaga now have home advantage, so will see.

Madrid and United are 50/50, however United have never lost in a KO stage when they drew an away game and Madrid have never won when they drew at home, so it'll be interesting.

Barcelona is probably in the worst seat right now compared to the other Liga teams, but they can still turn it around I think they'll have to perform extremely well and seeing how they have conceding so many goals I believe Milan will score one. Barcelona will at least need to put 4 past them for insurance.
    Well, it may go the other way as Madrid may pass and thereby, we'll have no English teams but as a United fan, I' have extreme confidence that they can deliver another great performance and get the job done this time. But whatsoever, this First Last 16 Round has clearly gone into the favor of German & Italian teams. While it was expected for German teams, a big hats off to Milan & Juventus - two teams where odds were against at beginning of campaign with Juve making its CL return and Milan being in decline.

Yes, the home goal gives them some hope but frankly, I felt that PSG should have won 4-1 or so at Mestalla and that, they'll be more efficient on their ground.

Well, that match is 50-50 in my eyes; like Man U-Real but still, there do remain a goal advantage to Porto who've got a lot of CL experience by now.

There's also the stat that United have been scoring atleast 1 goal consecutively at Old Trafford for the past 62 (or is it, 64) games. Plus, they've also scored around 2-3 goals at Old Trafford in this season in nearly all matches. The question is, how much they'll defend against Madrid. Back in 2003, their 4-3 comeback after Ronaldo's hattrick didn't count for much after the poor result at Bernabeu. This time, any type of win will lead them to the Quarters...

Yes, Barca is in the worst seat with Valencia but we do know their ability to find their game back. I think, a lot will depend on the physiognomy of the match. Like, they'll be under big tension if they scored 1 or no goal after 1st half. Also, what if they are leading 2-0 in last minutes of the game - will any of the team try to end the game with their full might or will one or both of them, prefer extra-time/penalties? Also, there is the question of when Milan will score (if they do) in that match. A lot of this match will depend on the timing of goals as tactics will be the same; with probably Barca upping their game...

it's a conspiracy

Come on, don't speak stupid things. Besides, we all know how Platini has wet-dreams of an El Classico CL Final every year.

, I didn't notice it at first @God of War: Celtic 0 - 3 Juventus.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

it's a conspiracy

Oh, sorry. Dumb mistake!
    -----
    @Escorpiius - Well...I hope so. The only Spanish team that may go to the Quarter-Finals can be Real Madrid. So...can't wait for the second leg to start!

Status
    Jun 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    HALA MADRID

im elated milan won

Status
    Feb 2012
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

:y YEP AGREED