Page 36 of 67 « First ... 2632333435363738394046 ... Last»
    Status
    Jun 2011
    I was a crazy kid.

Re: General Football Debates!

2-0
    Bayern Munchen vs Juventus
    Stadium: Fußball Arena München, Munich (GER)
    Quarter-Finals 1st leg

A clean sheet, control of the game and a victory! This was Bayern's goal on this match. After that shocking early goal, the clean sheet became more important for Bayern. Now, if we take a look at Juventus, they were hardly able to create a chance and break the defence. Pirlo was Juve's key player, but he can't do all the work alone.

As a first-half, Bayern tried to put pressure on Juve and they did that very well. Juve wasn't being able to get on their own gameplay. The bavarian midfield and defence blocked the dangerous attacks and most of the time won the ball against Juve forward and midfield players. Bayern was playing an attacking game, but even if they have a very good attack, Juve's defence was very well organized and solid.
    Alaba's shocking goal, was unexpected for both teams, but it gave Juve a very negative effect. They started making some dangerous tackles against Ribery, Kroos (who got injured), Robben, Mandzukic.
    Before the match, I gave Juventus the nickname ''The dangerous team'', but I didn't saw any dangerous attacks or chances from Juventus.

The statistics of the first-half told everything. 10 shots Bayern, 2 Juventus. 60% possession for Bayern, 40% possession for Juventus. Bayern dominated everywhere.

The second-half wasn't very different. Bayern with the same gameplay but with less pressure. From that less pressure, Juventus at least was able to pass and create a few chances but the defence of Bayern did the job very well. Bayern still, kept the possession and concentration. After some off-target shots from the bavarians Muller scores the next goal! Gustavo shot from a long distance. That shot was unexpected for Buffon, but he has able to stop it. Mandzukic was in front of him and took the ball. He wasn't able to score from that position so he passed it to Muller quickly, and Muller easily finished the action.

Bayern had some good chances to score a third goal but lost them. Bayern showed that they don't fear no one and they are the better team.

Well, even if Juventus was a lot weaker than Bayern, to be honest, they had a good defence. The goals were a little lucky.
    Even if Bayern are favorites on the next game, they shouldn't lose concentration.
    ''We have been warned once, by Arsenal. It wasn't something good, but we learned a lesson.''- Robben said.

Everyone was overrating Juventus. I was overrating them myself! Still, Bayern should keep their form. They should know that Juventus will play a different game. They will try to find a different way to get out of Bayern's pressure. They should make something better. If they won't, they might even lose the second leg.

Italian clubs are getting weaker and weaker, while German clubs are getting better and better, especially Bayern, Dortmund and Leverkusen.
    FC Bayern München are in pole position to reach the ChL semi-finals for the third time in four seasons after ending Juventus's 18-match unbeaten run in Europe.
    Bavarians totally deserved the victory and played a great football. Heynckens is doing his job very well.

Heynckens' comment:
    ''I've studied Juventus and our aim was to put pressure on them early to take [Andrea] Pirlo out of the game, which worked very well. It's a fantastic achievement to keep a clean sheet against an Italian team.''

Conte's comment:
    ''I have to be honest and admit that we just faced a better team today. We knew it would be a difficult game but we also know that football is unpredictable and that we'll have to do something great in the return leg.''

Schweinsteiger's comment:
    ''My gut tells me that we needed another goal. We had a few good chances to get a third, but let's not forget we kept a clean sheet and the defence did very well.''

From all of that cool football, Bayern felt the need of a third goal at the end, and at the end of the game. Still, a 2 goals lead and a clean sheet are enough for a strong team like them to block Juventus' work again.

Bayern vs Juventus -2nd leg (10 April)

Status
    Jun 2012
    And im the one to blame aint
    no loving me </3

Barca 2-2 with psg

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Well said God of War. However I wouldn't ride the high horses yet. Bayern tend to usually control the first game and eventually do mess up in the second leg. They led on away goal VS Inter (a weak side) in 10-11 season and blew it on away goal. Against Madrid last year was the same issue, they beat them in the first leg and let them come back however advanced VIA PK. This season, tho I know they lost focus, but they almost allowed Arsenal to make a comeback. I expect a fight at the Old Lady next week from Juve.

Messi after Barcelona conceded the second goal. Probably thinking, "F me. I have to pull another Milan like performance."

Status
    Jun 2011
    I was a crazy kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ReLax - View Post
    Well said God of War. However I wouldn't ride the high horses yet. Bayern tend to usually control the first game and eventually do mess up in the second leg. They led on away goal VS Inter (a weak side) in 10-11 season and blew it on away goal. Against Madrid last year was the same issue, they beat them in the first leg and let them come back however advanced VIA PK. This season, tho I know they lost focus, but they almost allowed Arsenal to make a comeback. I expect a fight at the Old Lady next week from Juve.

Messi after Barcelona conceded the second goal. Probably thinking, "F me. I have to pull another Milan like performance."
    Yes, you are right at that. The only reason I ''rode the high horses'' for Bayern is because they learned a lesson from Arsenal. Heynckens won't make the same mistake, the team too. I think they lost against Arsenal, because they underrated them, just because they won 3-1.
    I believe they won't let Juve play like that. They took it very serious, and they will finish it just like that.

Btw, Messi's reaction looks very funny.

Member key 2 victory is avarice's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2013
    Insouciant and Perspicacious

Can some one give a summary of the games today? Wasn't able to watch them and thank you if you do put a summary.

Status
    invisible

Real won 3-0 but they didn't deserve a such difference.Galatasaray played well but missed a lot, and real shoumd thanks Mr refeerer for not giving the 2 penalty and being unfair with Galatasaray.Galatasaray deserved at least 1 goal.

Status
    Jun 2011
    I was a crazy kid.

Malaga 0-0 Dortmund

Real Madrid 3-0 Galatasaray

I think, I will post something about these matches.

Status
    invisible

penalty 1 not given to Galatasaray
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_FvqbYq4qw

penalty 2 not givent to Galatasaray
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxVfnyE9IfU

Everybody saw it but the refeerers no.

GOOD JOB UEFADRID!

Member key 2 victory is avarice's Avatar
    Status
    Feb 2013
    Insouciant and Perspicacious

Quote Originally Posted by sasori345 View Post
    penalty 1 not given to Galatasaray
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_FvqbYq4qw

penalty 2 not givent to Galatasaray
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxVfnyE9IfU

Everybody saw it but the refeerers no.

GOOD JOB UEFADRID!
    Thanks for the quick synopsis and love the avatar of buu Balotelli.

Status
    Jun 2011
    I was a crazy kid.

Tonight's matches:

Galatasaray vs Real Madrid
    Agg: 0-3

Dortmund vs Malaga
    Agg: 0-0

Quarter Finals - 2nd Leg
    --------------------
    First Half (Half time)

Galatasaray 0-1 Real Madrid (Agg: 0-4) - Real Madrid advanced on going to the semi-finals

Dortmund 1-1 Malaga (Agg: 1-1) - Malaga advanced on going to the semi-finals with away goal points.

Dortmund and Malaga still keep a draw! This time, different! Malaga's goal actually came from a weak defece of Borussia. Still, they (Dortmund) had the ball most of the time and the draw goal was amazing. Reus made a ''top-class'' pass. A very strong match between these two teams. Both are trying their best to reach the Semi-Finals. Dortmund look ''more in control'' but Malaga are also having a good game.

Last edited by -God of War-; 04-09-2013 at 08:47 PM.

Status
    Jun 2011
    I was a crazy kid.

Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund go to the semi-finals!!
    Amazing comeback from Dortmund! I'll post a review of the match Dortmund 3-2 Malaga!
    Galatasaray won their last game of CHL this session 3-2. Good job even if they lose on aggergate.

Tomorrow:
    Barcelona - PSG (Agg: 2-2)
    Juventus - Bayern (Agg: 0-2)

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Shame two offside goals screwed Malaga over. This CL campaign plenty of offside goals have been scored its ridiculous. Anyways Pelegrini is truly a genus.

He took Villarreal to one PK shy from play the UCL finals.

Pelegrini took RM and asked for some players. He got none of what he asked yet beat the RM record in points in the league. It took Mourinho 300 million Euros, all the players he wanted and 2 years to win a title.

Now he has taken Malaga to almost semis. They would have been there with a better referee.

Next club to sign him will be really fortunate.

RM were lucky to get away with this game VS Gala, they really didn't seem to come to play, but rather win by a goal or get a draw. If one or two PK claims were given to Gala from the first leg we could've been seeing a whole new fixture. However Madrid would've approached this game much different if that was the case.

Status
    Nov 2011
    This user has no status.

Barca go go go!!!!

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

Shame two offside goals screwed Malaga over. This CL campaign plenty of offside goals have been scored its ridiculous. Anyways Pelegrini is truly a genus.
    agreed Malaga deserve to qualify, i wonder what will happen if it was Barca who get away with 2 offside Goal LOL,
    Poor Malaga i hope they make it to UCL next season

Pelegrini took RM and asked for some players. He got none of what he asked yet beat the RM record in points in the league. It took Mourinho 300 million Euros, all the players he wanted and 2 years to win a title.
    come on dude, both Cristiano and Kaka is already in Madrid when Mou Arrived, so idk where is this 300M euros come from, he only add Ozil which is very cheap, Khedira and Di Maria to his squad i presume that he just spent somewhere around 70M Euros

RM were lucky to get away with this game VS Gala, they really didn't seem to come to play, but rather win by a goal or get a draw. If one or two PK claims were given to Gala from the first leg we could've been seeing a whole new fixture. However Madrid would've approached this game much different if that was the case.
    yes Madrid is damn lucky, i was sweating...... cold sweat after Drogba scored the 3rd, but in the end Cristiano nailed it :D

Status
    Sep 2010
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

He took Villarreal to one PK shy from play the UCL finals.

Now he has taken Malaga to almost semis. They would have been there with a better referee.

Next club to sign him will be really fortunate.

Uh, there were 2 offside goals - but one was in favor of Malaga and one in favor of Dortmund. Mathematically, if we remove these 2 goals, it's still 2-1 for Dortmund. But yeah, that's football but tbh, referees haven't been up to the mark in this CL: too many match where controversial decisions (most times, wrong ones) were costly.

That being said, I jumped out my seat when Dortmund scored that 3rd goal. Yes, both team deserved the qualification - Malaga deserves it for tactically destroying Dortmund's style of play and thanks to some wonderful goalkeeping that prevented Reus & Co. from scoring earlier than 94th minute.

But Dortmund also deserves it - first, Klopp got the merit to adapt and change their approach of game after being led 2-1. Klopp took risks on tactical front and also, managed to foil Malaga's plans by having Lewandowski/Santana/Subotic all up front to grab headers and it paid off. Dortmund had sterile possession for most part but its by accepting a more direct approach that bore its benefits. And hats off to their nerves and courage till the end! Can't help to admire that - and as a United fan, these types of comebacks simply got the best feeling. Also, the roar of whole stadium after Reus' goal was exceptional - I bet, Malaga players felt it and got freezed with that; thereby the 3-2 goal.

Oh well, both teams deserved to qualify but there had to be one - What I'm most sad for Malaga, is that they can't play next year after such a great performance.

Status
    Jun 2011
    I was a crazy kid.

3-2
    Aggergate: 3-2
    Stadium: BVB Stadion Dortmund, Dortmund (GER)
    Quarter-Finals 2nd Leg

Dortmund goes to the semi-finals with a perfect comeback in the last minutes of the match! Malaga played very well and ''prevented''/''blocked'' Dortmund's gameplay. I think Dortmund wasn't expecting such a great game from Malaga. Both teams were great and they showed us that they have a very dangerous and amazing game-level. Even if Dortmund lost some good chances, they made us know that you can score more than 1 goal in extra-time if the team believes so.

From my opinion, this game has two ''versions''.
    Dortmund wasn't expecting something like this, and they weren't at their cool form. Or, Malaga played an amazing game and created a very well organized defence.
    After Malaga scored the opening goal, Dortmund was trying to draw as fast as they can, before the first-half ends. So they did it! From a simple pass of Gotze (to Reus), Reus' assist was perfectly done and Lewandowski completed the action Gotze-Reus-Lewandowski. Still, Malaga was advanced with away goal and Dortmund knew that the second-half will be harder.

In the start of the 2nd half, Dortmund tried taking the lead but failed, after Lewandowski and Gotze missed some good chances. As more time passed the more dangerous Dortmund were...but Malaga's 2nd goal was so shocking. Dortmund had to make 2 more goals. Most of the teams give-up after that moment but Dortmund showed great team-believe! The only reason that kept them alive in those few minutes is that they didn't wanted to accept the fact that they are losing! They didn't got sad, they got angry that they are losing at home and weren't even able to be in the lead for the whole game! Their fans also became very nervous and quiet but in the last 5-10 minutes they wanted to see their team in the Semi-finals again since 1998, and that gave Dortmund more power and believe!
    Quiclky passes, long passes, crosses, fast moves! They knew they don't have enough time to score 2 goals but they wanted to make those last minutes enough to score 2 goals. The whole team was in attack! And finally, at least, Reus scored and drew the match again but that wasn't enough. Malaga were still winning. But, 11 players trying to score no mater what, fans cheering up for the german side, over-tensioned Malaga, and Dortmund scored!

Also, the fact that they (Dortmund) lost the BundesLiga and DFB Pokal, effected on them. Champions League is their last chance of winning a trophy!

Klopp(BVB):
    ''I cannot explain what happened inside me after that goal. I think I need to see a doctor. It feels like we've won the trophy.''

Demichelis(Malaga):
    ''We're hugely disappointed because we're out of a great competition. There wasn't much separating us from a place in the semi-finals. We probably went out in the most painful way possible. We played well for the whole 90 minutes and could even have made it 3-1, but then we conceded two and that really hurt.''
    --------------------------------
    My semi-finals prediction is Barca,Real,Dortmund and Bayern in the SM but only two of them are correct for the moment.

Last edited by -God of War-; 04-10-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    agreed Malaga deserve to qualify, i wonder what will happen if it was Barca who get away with 2 offside Goal LOL,
    Poor Malaga i hope they make it to UCL next season

come on dude, both Cristiano and Kaka is already in Madrid when Mou Arrived, so idk where is this 300M euros come from, he only add Ozil which is very cheap, Khedira and Di Maria to his squad i presume that he just spent somewhere around 70M Euros

yes Madrid is damn lucky, i was sweating...... cold sweat after Drogba scored the 3rd, but in the end Cristiano nailed it :D
    Well a sh!t storm would've start, people are already going on with BundesUEFA lol

The thing was CR was injure for 2 months, Kaka was as well and Pepe was out for 6 months. Pelegirini didn't have half the squad that Mou has currently. All I'm saying is he wasn't given enough time at the end and its understandable RM want the 10 CL at all cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    Uh, there were 2 offside goals - but one was in favor of Malaga and one in favor of Dortmund. Mathematically, if we remove these 2 goals, it's still 2-1 for Dortmund. But yeah, that's football but tbh, referees haven't been up to the mark in this CL: too many match where controversial decisions (most times, wrong ones) were costly.

That being said, I jumped out my seat when Dortmund scored that 3rd goal. Yes, both team deserved the qualification - Malaga deserves it for tactically destroying Dortmund's style of play and thanks to some wonderful goalkeeping that prevented Reus & Co. from scoring earlier than 94th minute.

But Dortmund also deserves it - first, Klopp got the merit to adapt and change their approach of game after being led 2-1. Klopp took risks on tactical front and also, managed to foil Malaga's plans by having Lewandowski/Santana/Subotic all up front to grab headers and it paid off. Dortmund had sterile possession for most part but its by accepting a more direct approach that bore its benefits. And hats off to their nerves and courage till the end! Can't help to admire that - and as a United fan, these types of comebacks simply got the best feeling. Also, the roar of whole stadium after Reus' goal was exceptional - I bet, Malaga players felt it and got freezed with that; thereby the 3-2 goal.

Oh well, both teams deserved to qualify but there had to be one - What I'm most sad for Malaga, is that they can't play next year after such a great performance.
    Indeed. I saw one goal, but a lot said the second one was as well for Dortmund. However we can't view it as that if both goals were cancelled we can't just assume Dortmund would've won 2-1, it still could've remained 1-1. What pissed me off was Malaga players cried for offside instead of defending. Its like defend first and then yell at the ref. They cost it for themselves.

Competition wise its better Dortmund went through however. I believe UEFA may life the ban, but who knows. They still need too qualify watch out for RSO next year.

Status
    Sep 2010
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

Indeed. I saw one goal, but a lot said the second one was as well for Dortmund. However we can't view it as that if both goals were cancelled we can't just assume Dortmund would've won 2-1, it still could've remained 1-1. What pissed me off was Malaga players cried for offside instead of defending. Its like defend first and then yell at the ref. They cost it for themselves.

Competition wise its better Dortmund went through however. I believe UEFA may life the ban, but who knows. They still need too qualify watch out for RSO next year.
    First goal of Joaquin and Lewandowski are both legit 100% imo and beautiful goals and finishes.
    The 2nd goal of Malaga is definitely offside.
    The equalizer of Dortmund and winner of Santana are both nearly offside but I think, it's close ones. Like in both goals, there were such a mess, that we can't say if either or both or none were offside or legit. To me, it seemed correct.

Status
    Jun 2011
    I was a crazy kid.

UEFA CHL Quarter-Finals 2nd Leg

First-Half (Half Time)

Barcelona 0-0 PSG (Agg: 2-2) - Barcelona advanced, on away goals

Juventus 0-0 Bayern (Agg: 0-2) - Bayern advanced on aggergate
    --------------
    For the moment we have the most predicted Semi-final Real Madrid-Barcelona-Bayern-Dortmund

Come on Bayern!! Destroy Juventus by winning both matches!

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/14...a-move?cc=5901

:D

Well, we made it out and now for 6 years straight we've made it to SF. I know will be out in the SF, but at least we can keep this record. I've been some what patience with Pique, by my god what a poor excuse for a defender at times.

Status
    Feb 2010
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society

http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/14...a-move?cc=5901

:D

Well, we made it out and now for 6 years straight we've made it to SF. I know will be out in the SF, but at least we can keep this record. I've been some what patience with Pique, by my god what a poor excuse for a defender at times.
    HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT! out in Semi's? If Messi is FIT, we're in! Don't forget that we have best player on the planet and not only as FW but as MID and DEF and even GK :D:D:D but Jokes aside, If we get Bayern in semi's it would mean finals for us, but If we get Dortmund we should be fine and would see Bayern M in the finals... I don't see Real Madrid capable of taking on BM... last year RM was strong while this year BM is in it's prime while RM is quite a disappoint.

Hummels to FCB would be a good signing... I love his crosses, it would bring something new ... something to think about... plan B

Last edited by Grim; 04-11-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Unless we score 2-3 goals game. Anyways are defence will have to step up, they've been poor. Relying on Messi to bail us out will be costly.

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT! out in Semi's? If Messi is FIT, we're in! Don't forget that we have best player on the planet and not only as FW but as MID and DEF and even GK :D:D:D but Jokes aside, If we get Bayern in semi's it would mean finals for us, but If we get Dortmund we should be fine and would see Bayern M in the finals... I don't see Real Madrid capable of taking on BM... last year RM was strong while this year BM is in it's prime while RM is quite a disappoint.

Hummels to FCB would be a good signing... I love his crosses, it would bring something new ... something to think about... plan B
    yeah i don't' want Madrid to take on Dortmund or Bayern (especially Dortmund) but i'll be fine With Barca

by the way when will the draw for the semi's take places ?

Status
    Jan 2010
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    yeah i don't' want Madrid to take on Dortmund or Bayern (especially Dortmund) but i'll be fine With Barca

by the way when will the draw for the semi's take places ?
    Of course you would. You've been getting our number in the past few fixtures and with our back line, who wouldn't especially with RM counter attack, but remember Barcelona owe RM one, so be careful on what you wish for

Tomorrow will be Europa league they'll get the winners and have both draws on Friday.

Status
    May 2008
    Modbanhammer! saraisthebest

Go Barca! Another mediocre game for us yesterday but at least we qualified. I hope that Messi's injury won't get worse now.

On a side note, am I the only one who really dislikes Fabregas? :/ The guy just cannot score and from what i have seen yesterday he doesn't seem to be able to 'communicate' in the field as he should with Xavi and Iniesta. Whenever I see him on the field I just know that there's gonna be missed chances. Then again, maybe i don't read this correctly and he's a football genius?