Page 40 of 59 « First ... 3036373839404142434450 ... Last»
Results 976 to 1,000 of 1457
    Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: General Football Debates!

Hahahahahahahahah!
    4-0!!! Bayern were totally the best, in this match.
    I'll post a review of the match tomorrow.
    Suck it 4 times Barca fans...

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

I'm kinda speechless.
    Not that I'm surprised - as I often said that someday Barca's defence will drown completely against a superior side...
    It's just that actually seeing that sight, was bewildering.
    I'll post a review in half-an-hour or so!

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's awesome how the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda

München!! The city of my grandfather and always my favourite football team!!

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're into fitness? How about
    fitness dic in your mouth

Oh my god. I don't think the term mauled even lives up to this game.
    I expected bayern to crush them, and it happened. Barcelona's defense is holding them back. They might have messi, but if he gets marked they're ****ed. They need to learn to not rely on one player. I'm excited for tomorrow's match.

HALA MADRID

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

4 - 0
    Semi-finals - 1st leg - Bayern Munich v/s FC Barcelona
    Fußball Arena München - Munich 23/04/2013

Escorpiius' Post-Match Review

Well, I guess, the transition of power finally occurred as Barca handovered their 'Best Team in the World' tag to Bayern. Okay, perhaps, Barca handed it, is a cruel way to say it as credits goes to FC Bayern Munich completely. Personally, this was clearly in the air but so was the sense of skepticism as Bayern got a glorious history of blowing their own fate in random and sudden circumstances. Also, one had to be skeptical as one could rarely envision that Barca was actually going to be an underdog in a match after so many years. Yet, that is exactly what occurred.

Bayern steamrolled Barca from 2 minutes as Robben got a clear huge opportunity to score after a good combination with Martinez, but his shot was well stopped by Valdes. Had Robben been altruistic and gifted the ball to free Ribery, Bayern would have scored even earlier. Yet, despite Barca's possession, Bayern was solid defensively as the pressure and corners accumulated...Pique dealt with crosses and corners with his towering header as much as he could but at a point, the glass was to be shattered. And it did happen as Dante climbed upon Alvez and gifted a winner header for Muller.

Barca kept their sterile passing but with some more justified refereeing on 2 box-handballs of Barca, Bayern could have got 2 penalties in first half but alas...However, the refereeing turned tide in second-half... Despite receiving no favors in first half, Muller's assist-header on corner to a pretty blatantly-offside Gomez wasn't given and the break was done - 2-0! That being said, poor refereeing has been a constant thing in this year's CL; so all the controversial decisions on tonight, again shouldn't be seen as shockers.

Barca upped their game afterwards, made better usage of the wings and even created some half-chances...but the harm was done! As they kept going forward, the chances Bayern was getting on counters was definitely being more piercing than Barca's toothless approach. And in a blistering counter that started with Ribery mistifying Messi (of all players), Schweinsteiger passed it to the right to Robben who dribbled past Alba, then shockingly Muller made an illicit block on Alba to prevent the latter on coming back on Robben but it went unsanctioned...and Robben cruised it past Valdes...

And as time grew apart, seemingly Barca players seemed affected and uninspired. All to the contrary of Bayern! Led by 2 frantic wingers in Robben/Ribery and a Muller full-of-heart, the passionate Muller tapped-in to make it 4-0! Young Bartra who went through hell, gained a huge chance on a Xavi's freekick but unfortunately, flew it way above Neuer's cage. And had Valdes & Pique been more leaky, Robben & Co. nearly increased the score. But that was it! 4-0 and the biggest defeat of Barca in European stage since 1997.

I'd like to get on some tactical parts before getting on players-ratings and the aftermath!

First, Bayern exposed 2 of the most well-known weaknesses of Barca...yet again! First, the terrible frailty on set-pieces which the first 2 goals clearly reflects. And then, the battle of wings clearly won by Ribery/Alaba/Robben/Lahm. Again, the last 2 goals showed that but also, this was where most of Bayern offenses came from. Also, in Barca's best spell after 2-0, they made more use of Iniesta/Sanchez/Alba flank and were a little more interesting. Still, insufficient! In this 4-3-3 false 9, the full-backs don't get the required defensive help. Sure, Busquets compensates and so does Pedro/Alexis from time to time, but more than often Alba/Alvez are in 2-on-1 situations and where your opponents are named Robben or Ribery, well, it's a suicide tactic. But then again, this indirectly reveals another Barca's weakness from last year: They got no Plan-B!

I also liked to notice how Bayern defended with all their players - yes, even Robben! - instead of fighting for possession. Well, it was a given that Barca would probably dominate possession but I wanted to see if Bayern will swim in risky waters being at Allianz Arena and tries to dominate possession. But they remained wise and well-disciplined as they left possession to Barca but still nullified them. One surprise tactic in my eyes, was that Iniesta was man-marked by J.Martinez. Sure, it makes sense to man-mark the strongest players on paper but still, in football, Iniesta is probably the hardest player to man-mark in today's football. His ball control, movement, passing and dribbling skills are so good that it's a real gamble to man-mark this player. A big hats-off for trying it and actually managing to succeed in most parts... I wonder how Del Bosque felt by seeing a budding Martinez, doing so well defensively against the savior-star player of La Roja!

Players-ratings wise: Neuer probably got the most at-ease match a goalkeeper must have had against the Catalans. I think he had one save in the whole match, which I kinda speechless to explain. Lahm was fantastic both offensively and defensively. World-class as usual. Boateng-Dante was a poker duo to play but they did admirably well; Dante also grabbed the first assist. Alaba made a fantastic combination with Ribery and blocked Alves very well.

Martinez, as I said above, did a fantastic job - marking Iniesta of all players and doing lots of interceptions in the match. Schweinsteiger was less influential since Xavi dominated in the passing section on the other side but his passing was mostly pin-point and his work-rate was very good. Muller was MOTM by far for me! Passionate and a heart of lion that roared with 2 goals and an assist and his energy and skills blend created a nightmare scent for Barca players. Ribery & Robben were live-wires and constant dangers. Robben started the match with a great chance that should have been a goal, if he was less egoistic. But the guy actually transcend himself in second half. Apart from some great dribbles, he made some good passes, defended (yes, even this happened) and his big-head wasn't used to rant as he even placed a good header that went closely off-target.. Ribery, on the other hand, didn't get on the score-sheet albeit having many chances. Yet, he not only brought danger offensively but he was amongst the ones with highest work-rates and defensive tasks. Great performance!

Gomez did a match to his team's contrast and scored a goal. Yet, he wasn't really high-class. Mandzukic or Kroos could have brought more on the table, not to say what Gotze and perhaps Falcao/Cavani ect... could bring on the table next year...Gustavo did well-defensively as Heynckes switched to defensive 4-3-3 in last 20 minutes.

At Barca, it's mostly critical. Valdes and Pique did whatever they could but far from enough, to stop the onslaught of Bavarians. Bartra was a real disaster as he constantly, was under pressure as crosses & corners kept arriving. Alba seems a bit on a down slope to me, ever since he was injured before France/Spain match and with Robben, being on the other hand, on full-regain of his best self, he was really struggling tonight. Unfairly not given a foul on Muller's block in 3rd goal though. Alves was much less able to deliver his self against Alaba/Ribery who well-dominated him both offensively & defensively.

Xavi was imo, the best Barca player as his control and passing was mostly perfect. But despite being the control center that won his one-on-one duel against Schweinsteiger, the possession spells never signified any dangers for Neuer. Busquets was average...Iniesta did some good things but thanks to Martinez, he never was able to deploy his whole arsenal. Messi clearly isn't at 100% - made much less movements across the field, rarely created any chances and this time, his sole presence wasn't enough to motivate his teammates. Pedro/Alexis didn't brought what was asked from them offensively. They often helped Barca's defense but the offensive players will have to bear the responsibility that Barca had a meager 4 attempts tonight and were crushed 4-0.

This victory will inevitably lead to consequences. First, Bayern finally got their big victory that is going to prove their mettle and scrapping their tags of 'chokers' or 'FC Hollywood'. Perhaps, also the boost needed to complete the treble. On Barca, it will be interesting how they'll bounce off! Luckily, for them, they have more than scrap La Liga title. But they'll most likely do huge turnover to keep their key players fresh for the return leg against Bayern, even if the hope might never have seemed so small. And despite interesting tie against At.Madrid or Malaga, I think Barca will indeed win La Liga but their Champions League route shall really end this time...even if never say never!

Just to give an approximation, Alba is going to be missing the return leg, joining the long lists of missing defenders... And if Bayern do score one goal at Camp Nou, which looks like an inevitability given their fiery performance of tonight, then Barca will need to unleash at least 6 goals... It's more than sci-fi now... This battering has indeed been coming but still, when it came, it was shocking. Bayern has more than one foot in Wembley!

Spreading Love, Don't Hate Alpha M's Avatar
    Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm back boy

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroyed all adventure, the
    only adventure left is to
    destroy society

It's Barcelona's own fault, we have weak defence and GK who want's to leave. When we had chance to sign good defender we spent money on likes of Fabrigas, Song and even Sanchez... in 2011 everyone was talking about 'SIGN A F*** TOP DEFENDER or 2'' I knew Barcelona would lose but not by 4-0.. no hard feeling though, they deserved it

that's how FCB looks right now

Status
    Apr 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    ----

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    It's Barcelona's own fault, we have weak defence and GK who want's to leave. When we had chance to sign good defender we spent money on likes of Fabrigas, Song and even Sanchez... in 2011 everyone was talking about 'SIGN A F*** TOP DEFENDER or 2'' I knew Barcelona would lose but not by 4-0.. no hard feeling though, they deserved it

that's how FCB looks right now
    What do you think about the possibility of Hummels joining Barcelona?

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well the defeat was inventible in my eyes. I just don't know what Tito was doing, one sub in the game and after we are down 4-0? BM did get their revenge from 08/09 and Barcelona clearly need to go into the market this transfer and look for some quality defenders. Anyways congrats to BM.

Now time to read manga.

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

kinda see this coming........
    oh well HALA MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

La Decima became La Decimated LOL

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm back boy

the goal fro, ronaldo still gives some hope

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    overworked *.*

Quote Originally Posted by KingPanda View Post
    the goal fro, ronaldo still gives some hope
    Don't get your hope up dude, 1 goal from Dortmund's side and it's 100% over for them ^^

Status
    Jan 2013
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm back boy

Quote Originally Posted by LastSamurai View Post
    Don't get your hope up dude, 1 goal from Dortmund's side and it's 100% over for them ^^
    i also thought that milan had it when they won 2-0....

football is football, so we will see mate

Status
    Dec 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    overworked *.*

Quote Originally Posted by KingPanda View Post
    i also thought that milan had it when they won 2-0....

football is football, so we will see mate
    3 goals are a bit harder to accomplish against such and amaing team. Dortmund has been playing better games than Milan has during the season, don't forget that. but yea indeed in football anything is possible.

Last edited by TheLastSamurai; 04-24-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroy society

Quote Originally Posted by -God of War- View Post
    Hahahahahahahahah!
    4-0!!! Bayern were totally the best, in this match.
    I'll post a review of the match tomorrow.
    Suck it 4 times Barca fans...
    Real Madrid went to Dortmund 4-1 reason
    TO GET THRASHED

HAHA MADRID!!!!!

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Bayern 4-0 Barcelona
    Dortmund 4-1 Real Madrid

Simply, amazing!

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meager endeavour

what a let down.....
    but 4-1 is not that bad...
    i mean the other was pummeled 4 to nothing, and also this remind of Super Depor heroic comeback in riazor after Milan destroyed them in San Siro 4-1,

i'll be supporting Dortmund if they manage to make it into the Final

never give up.... HALA MADRID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Gotze and Lewandowski are going to Bayern? Wow. It'll be an awkward CL final meeting, and if Dortmund lose Gotze/Lewandowski will be questioned for this.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meager endeavour

Fack Bayern!!!!!
    That great Leverkusen side of 2002 got picked apart by Bayern. Ballack, Ze Robert, Lucio..
    and now its Dortmund

Status
    Feb 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    In a society that has
    destroy society

Quote Originally Posted by Totsuka No Tsurugi View Post
    Fack Bayern!!!!!
    That great Leverkusen side of 2002 got picked apart by Bayern. Ballack, Ze Robert, Lucio..
    and now its Dortmund
    I'm with you, its like Arsenal been robed for a past two years but yet managed to get top 3 of the league for a second time. I always had sympothi for Bayer and with Pep in charge I'm just a new fan! But taking core out of theyr closes rival is more than wrong. Its a discrase for football

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Joke of the day:

Mourinho's Wife in the Morning : Hey Wake up, its FIVE.

Mourinho: WTF? Lewandowski Again??

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    You're into fitness? How about
    fitness dic in your mouth

I just want to put this out there.
    90 minuti en el Bernabeu son molto longo.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    meager endeavour

Status
    Jan 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.