A rational manga fan and OCD
    gamer.

Re: General Football Debates!

Status
    May 2014
    gamer.

As per reports Barcelona are backing collective TV rights for La Liga, new deal could be in place for 2016/17 season (Report 1, Report 2), which is a great move by them as it will elevate la liga, as smaller teams like Deportivo, Valencia, Athletic Bilbao etc., who on themselves till not have been able to garner larger Television rights deals (as the negotiations were on team to team basis and they were not paid much because of their lack of popularity outside spain) might now get a much greater amount than the recieve, henceforth improve a lot, thus making La Liga more competitive, see EPL, Bundesliga for example.

In other news, Diego Lopez may be signed by Monaco (Report) and also Barca may sign Jerome Boateng from Bayern who ask €39 million for the player (Report)

Last edited by fiend; 08-04-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Status
    Jan 2013
    #Ira4admin #Skorm4gmod
    #Souji4mod.

And United won ICC trophy.

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

Manu fans have fallen so far that they celebrate/mention/happy about the team winning a pre season tournament,
    It looks like that terrible spell last season really got to them, oh well see you guys in the Champions league..... opsss

Status
    Jan 2013
    #Ira4admin #Skorm4gmod
    #Souji4mod.

I haven't seen a team winning a pre-season tournament with 4 consecutive wins against 4 strong teams, after finishing 7th in last season.So I don't think there is anything wrong with celebrating it.>_O

Status
    a place where you can have a location so humongous that it literally breaks the forums table lmao.
    ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​ ​
    ​ ​ ​ ​ ​

This is soo gonna be United's season.

Status
    Jan 2012
    The Name's on the back!!!!
    MAZINO!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chelsea View Post
    I haven't seen a team winning a pre-season tournament with 4 consecutive wins against 4 strong teams, after finishing 7th in last season.So I don't think there is anything wrong with celebrating it.>_O
    What is even the ICC Trophy o-o

Status
    May 2014
    gamer.

Yeah at least you can say you people won a trophy , Now Van gaal has more trophies this season than Mou, Rodgers and Pellegrini combined .

On a serious note Van Gaal has revitalized the squad, I haven't see Ashley Young play this good since ages and Rooney has regained confidence, match against Liverpool was awesome, even though if this goes on I seriously doubt their chances, they have no defense and their attack has lost it's bite

But don't worry Bayern will Champions league (I speak this statement with a little skepticism after yesterdays match ) this season but Man U have nothing to worry about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rand al'Thor View Post
    It is a pre-season cup including Real Madrid, Manchester City, Man U, Roma , Ac Milan, Liverpool, Internazionale and Olympiacos, basically a cup which no one cares about and is used to test new strategies and untested players, which helps coaches assess their teams and an opportunity for the teams to improve market share in USA.

Status
    Jan 2013
    #Ira4admin #Skorm4gmod
    #Souji4mod.

Quote Originally Posted by fiend View Post
    Yeah at least you can say you people won a trophy , Now Van gaal has more trophies this season than Mou, Rodgers and Pellegrini combined .

On a serious note Van Gaal has revitalized the squad, I haven't see Ashley Young play this good since ages and Rooney has regained confidence, match against Liverpool was awesome, even though if this goes on I seriously doubt their chances, they have no defense and their attack has lost it's bite

But don't worry Bayern will Champions league (I speak this statement with a little skepticism after yesterdays match ) this season but Man U have nothing to worry about it.
    Yeah we can.
    Though Van Gaal did actually and that's why I am attaching some significance to this otherwise unimportant tournament win. Ashley Young and Rooney were pretty good and so was Herrera, you have to watch out for this guy. We just need some good defender(vermilion maybe?) and then we are all set to challenge many EPL teams, rather to finish in top 3 if not win the EPL.
    @Liverpool, I agree, their attack had lost it's bite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rand al'Thor View Post
    ICC trophy was a pre-season tournament where many good teams participated.

Last edited by -Sach-; 08-07-2014 at 06:13 PM.

Status
    May 2014
    gamer.

Yeah we can.
    Though Van Gaal did actually and that's why I am attaching some significance to this otherwise unimportant tournament win. Ashley Young and Rooney were pretty good and so was Herrera, you have to watch out for this guy. We just need some good defender(vermilion maybe?) and then we are all set to challenge many EPL teams, rather to finish in top 3 if not win the EPL.
    It will be difficult, but Van Gaal can, he helped develop Bayern, Barca, even though it was not immediate. Anyways I am looking forward to see Stoke perform, they have been playing well after signing Bojan, also how well will Everton perform.

Status
    Nov 2010
    This user has no status.

I think he has joined as a player coach, he will help train the next gen, especially Lukaku, like you said he will make impact in bigger games and still might help them to win. Also his arrival means that Torres could be sold, probably to Atletico Madrid, but I think that would not be possible until he decides to take a pay cut of about 50%, at £175k a week his pay is too steep, even after a pay cut, he will make more money than Mandzukic who is rated higher than him, so I am skeptical about Torres's transfer.

If Mou doesn't win EPL or CL this year Abramovich, won't continue with him imho.
    Develop Lukaku

Well...so...what are opinions of Chelsea fans on the fact that Lukaku left and Drogba came back?
    In other news, Diego Lopez may be signed by Monaco (Report) and also Barca may sign Jerome Boateng from Bayern who ask €39 million for the player (Report)
    Wow...real? I am not sure I want Boateng in Barcelona
    Are you sure? I love Barcelona and really like Bayern...but I am affraid that Real Madrid currently have the best team on the world

Status
    May 2014
    gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by Migualon J.J. View Post
    Develop Lukaku

Well...so...what are opinions of Chelsea fans on the fact that Lukaku left and Drogba came back?
    I was amazed at the selling of Lukaku, now it would put too much pressure on Costa, I think Mourinho might sign another striker, otherwise it is going to be hard for them. Also Schurrle might be signed by Atletico Madrid (Report), if that happens there might be immense pressure on the strikers.

Wow...real? I am not sure I want Boateng in Barcelona
    I also don't want to see in Barcelona as I don't want him to leave Bayern Munich, he is too good to let go and I think Pep will not let him go(Report) unless Barca pay a huge fees as he is one of the best defenders and indispensible for our team.

Also there are rumors that Barca may sign Vermaelen (Report 1, Report 2) although I have heard he wants to join Man U, but we will see.

Are you sure? I love Barcelona and really like Bayern...but I am affraid that Real Madrid currently have the best team on the world
    I know Real Madrid looks very good this season but as a fan I always support my team , that being said nothing can be speculated with certainty for Champion League .

In other news Celtic were reinstated in champions league play-offs as Leiga match was forfeited after they were disqualified(Report), this happened after an investigation(Report) by UEFA for fielding an inelligible player Bartosz Bereszynski on the pitch, who was suspended in a Europa League match and was banned for 3 matches.

While I believe the rules must be followed but I think punishment is too hard for liga as the aforesaid player was only a substitute for 4 minute and in a match which Legia Warsaw were winning 6-1 on aggregate, this is ridiculous, a fine or another punishment could have been given, as Bartosz Bereszynski didn't have any role in the match. This might cost Legia millions.

Last edited by fiend; 08-08-2014 at 10:35 AM.

The White Demon Totsuka No Tsurugi's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    I cannot take pride in such a
    meager endeavour

Status
    Sep 2011
    Premeditated Murder.

Suarez made his appeal against FIFA ban today at the court of arbitration in Switzerland, a decision is expected before the end of next week. Also Barcelona are on the verge of signing arsenal captain Thomas Vermaelen for a reported 15million pounds.

Status
    May 2014
    gamer.

Barcelona sign Belgian CB Thomas Vermaelen from Arsenal for £15m (Report), they have now strengthened their defense, but I don't know how will they utilize him with Barata, Pique and Mathiew in the running, he was arsenals 3rd choice CB as well but surely will strengthen their bench strength and increse defense depth.

And with that transfer Barcelona have paid paid for 34.6% of Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium. (Report)

In other news Bayern Munich have signed Pepe Rina (Report), meaning now Neuer can play as a midfielder or a defender(which he usually does) or even as a striker.

An awesome video of Neuer just for simply enjoyment

Last edited by fiend; 08-09-2014 at 10:15 PM.

Status
    Jan 2013
    #Ira4admin #Skorm4gmod
    #Souji4mod.

Barcelona sign Belgian CB Thomas Vermaelen from Arsenal for £15m (Report), they have now strengthened their defense, but I don't know how will they utilize him with Barata, Pique and Mathiew in the running, he was arsenals 3rd choice CB as well but surely will strengthen their bench strength and increse defense depth.

And with that transfer Barcelona have paid paid for 34.6% of Arsenal’s Emirates Stadium. (Report)

In other news Bayern Munich have signed Pepe Rina (Report), meaning now Neuer can play as a midfielder or a defender(which he usually does) or even as a striker.

An awesome video of Neuer just for simply enjoyment

I think Barcelona could have done better, signing Hummels could have been better decision. Vermaelen can only be stopgap atm.

Status
    Jun 2012
    I want to see the splendor of
    people’s souls. I want to
    check and see if it really is
    precious. However, when humans
    base their lives around
    Sybil’s Oracle, without ever
    consulting their own wills, do
    they really hold any value?

Manchester City shall always solo

Status
    May 2014
    gamer.

I think Barcelona could have done better, signing Hummels could have been better decision. Vermaelen can only be stopgap atm.
    The problem with Hummels transfer was that Hummels didn't wanted to leave Dortmund, but I agree that a better CB should have been signed. According to the news Manchester United are launching an offer for him (Report) but I think they will sign Daley Blind (Report).

Status
    Sep 2011
    Premeditated Murder.

Congratulations to arsenal fan, on winning their first silverware of their new campaign.