Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Itachi & Kakashi

Hello, all.

This is a theory I had today:

Assuming that Itachi was a good guy all along, we have to reevaluate some of his past actions. One of these actions that needs reevaluation is his and Kisame's infiltration of Konoha.

During this, Itachi captures Kakashi in his Tsukuyomi technique and apparently tortures Kakashi, almost killing him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thinking back, I do not believe that this moment was as simple as my explanation of it. First, there is no way Itachi would have killed one of Konoha's most powerful and honest ninjas. It just would not be a fitting thing for "the secret protector" to do.

With that in mind, we have to consider who we are dealing with. Itachi and Kakashi are two of the most knowledgeable ninjas in the manga. Additionally, they are both very skilled sharringan users. The conclusion to this is that Itachi and Kakashi may have both been aware that Tsukiyomi would not kill Kakashi; certainly, Itachi was aware of this, as he would not have killed Kakashi for the reasons I have stated.

Still, with Kisame there, Itachi had to make the attack look convincing. As a result, he weakened Kakashi greatly.

But Tsukiyomi has always reminded me of something, namely, the hyperbolic time chamber from DBZ. It is a way to fit a lot of time into a little time. Taking this analogy further, what if it is possible to train oneself during Tsukiyomi, just as with the hyperbolic time chamber? Well, the next time we see Kakashi in battle, he seems to have done some training, since he has the Mangekyo Sharringan.

I think, that while under the effects of Tsukiyomi, Itachi unlocked, trained, taught, gave (whatever word you want to use for it) Kakashi his MS.

Furthermore, both Kakashi and Itachi have a past history in ANBU that is not a fully-developed story. Could they be old friends?

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status or
    wealth

Re: Itachi & Kakashi

. frankly it doesn't matter enough

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

It seems that Kakashi got his ms the during the second encounter during the Tsukiyomi.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Real knowledge is to know the
    extent of one's ignorance ~
    Confucius

Not possible, because Naruto PT. 2, during Itachi and Kakashi second meeting with each other, Itachi was surprised to even know that Kakshi knew the effects of MS.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

When the "fake" Itachi met Kakashi early on in part 2, he was surprised to find out that he had unlocked it. That Itachi was using the real Itachi's thoughts and etc:

http://www.narutobase.net/manga/Naruto/257/10

NB's Shameless Flirt IntrovertedKittenNinja's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by GaaratheFifth View Post
    Hello, all.

Assuming that Itachi was a good guy all along, we have to reevaluate some of his past actions. One of these actions that needs reevaluation is his and Kisame's infiltration of Konoha.

During this, Itachi captures Kakashi in his Tsukuyomi technique and apparently tortures Kakashi, almost killing him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thinking back, I do not believe that this moment was as simple as my explanation of it. First, there is no way Itachi would have killed one of Konoha's most powerful and honest ninjas. It just would not be a fitting thing for "the secret protector" to do.

With that in mind, we have to consider who we are dealing with. Itachi and Kakashi are two of the most knowledgeable ninjas in the manga. Additionally, they are both very skilled sharringan users. The conclusion to this is that Itachi and Kakashi may have both been aware that Tsukiyomi would not kill Kakashi; certainly, Itachi was aware of this, as he would not have killed Kakashi for the reasons I have stated.

Still, with Kisame there, Itachi had to make the attack look convincing. As a result, he weakened Kakashi greatly.

But Tsukiyomi has always reminded me of something, namely, the hyperbolic time chamber from DBZ. It is a way to fit a lot of time into a little time. Taking this analogy further, what if it is possible to train oneself during Tsukiyomi, just as with the hyperbolic time chamber? Well, the next time we see Kakashi in battle, he seems to have done some training, since he has the Mangekyo Sharringan.

I think, that while under the effects of Tsukiyomi, Itachi unlocked, trained, taught, gave (whatever word you want to use for it) Kakashi his MS.

Furthermore, both Kakashi and Itachi have a past history in ANBU that is not a fully-developed story. Could they be old friends?
    Duuuuude. Mind = Blown.

But then... wouldn't Kakashi have known Itachi's secret this whole time? I feel like that should put SOME kind of spin on things... I suppose Kakashi is just an awesome secret keeper, or knew of the importance of the secrecy of Itachi's mission to the point where it wasn't even revealed to the audience like in a monologue or something...

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excuses are for losers!

Quote Originally Posted by GaaratheFifth View Post
    Hello, all.

NO,NO,NO!!!. We all saw what happened in the tsukuyomi world when itachi cast it on kakashi. Secondly in shippuden when kakashi revealed his ms itachi looked surprised and couldnt believe that kakashi couldve awakened the ms. Tbh the myth about the ms is untrue. I know itachi said that in order to activate it you have to kill your best friend.

After the latest manga chapters, im inclined to say that i do not think itachi killed shisu. Also shisu also had the ms and i doubt he killed his best friend considering itachi was his best friend. Kakshi obviously didnt kill his best friend (obito or might guy). Sasuke didnt kill his best friend nor did he kill itachi.

I do not know about madara and his brother to comment on them

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chilled

If that was true then Sasuke would have received "Ms" way before he did because he has been caught in Tsu at least twice by itachi. Once when Itachi killed the whole clan, secondly the Kisame/Itachi vs Jiraiya confrontation. And maybe a 3rd time. I think Itachi just wanted to even the playing fields so to speak when he confronted Kakashi/Gai/Kushina. To the very last part. I don't think so, if he had a connection his most likely one will be Jiriaya.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chilled

Quote Originally Posted by Blaze Release View Post
    NO,NO,NO!!!. We all saw what happened in the tsukuyomi world when itachi cast it on kakashi. Secondly in shippuden when kakashi revealed his ms itachi looked surprised and couldnt believe that kakashi couldve awakened the ms. Tbh the myth about the ms is untrue. I know itachi said that in order to activate it you have to kill your best friend.

After the latest manga chapters, im inclined to say that i do not think itachi killed shisu. Also shisu also had the ms and i doubt he killed his best friend considering itachi was his best friend. Kakshi obviously didnt kill his best friend (obito or might guy). Sasuke didnt kill his best friend nor did he kill itachi.

I do not know about madara and his brother to comment on them
    Yeah Shisui sacrificed himself in Itachi's cause.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Death is not the end.
    Loss of conviction is the
    end."

I´m sure that Itachi did choose Tsuyukomi on purpose against Kakashi, there are 2 reasons:

1. It was the quickest way without any doubt (beating Kakashi in 1sec..), so they wont have to worry about reinforcements stepping in.

2. Thats the main reason: Since the Uchia massacre Itachi´s only goal was to make Sasuke stronger, and it was his plan to give him the MS and all his techniques in their last fight before he fights. And he also did consider that Sasuke may wants to kill/fight against Konoha.

So Itachi warned everyone of Tsukuyomi, he showed what this technique is capable of. If he would have never shown this technique than Sasuke would have caught them unprepared, and unlike Itachi Sasuke would have killed the victim.

If you all remember, Kakashi did fade out several times during the torture. That was all because of Itachi, he did let him rest because he didnt want to kill him. Kakashi didnt got tortured the full 72 hours, "only" a few. Sasuke on the other hand would torture the victim straight 72 hours with no stop.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chilled

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffyman View Post
    I´m sure that Itachi did choose Tsuyukomi on purpose against Kakashi, there are 2 reasons:

1. It was the quickest way without any doubt (beating Kakashi in 1sec..), so they wont have to worry about reinforcements stepping in.

2. Thats the main reason: Since the Uchia massacre Itachi´s only goal was to make Sasuke stronger, and it was his plan to give him the MS and all his techniques in their last fight before he fights. And he also did consider that Sasuke may wants to kill/fight against Konoha.

So Itachi warned everyone of Tsukuyomi, he showed what this technique is capable of. If he would have never shown this technique than Sasuke would have caught them unprepared, and unlike Itachi Sasuke would have killed the victim.

If you all remember, Kakashi did fade out several times during the torture. That was all because of Itachi, he did let him rest because he didnt want to kill him. Kakashi didnt got tortured the full 72 hours, "only" a few. Sasuke on the other hand would torture the victim straight 72 hours with no stop.
    1. "Reienforcements" were already there. He could have used Amat but I can see Kakashi cloning. So Tsu was the most likely choice.

2. I don't think he broadcast his skills just like that. That would be stupid because if he did he would be figured out and killed by either akat or some ninja that wanted to make a name for one self. You can't get knowledge of someone skills unless you experienced them therefore Kakashi and Sasuke would have been the best candidates to kill him (Excluding Jiriaya, I'm not getting in another senseless argument with that one...).

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    ding ding dong

kakashi said that Itachi could've killed him, but wondered why he didn't.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chilled

Quote Originally Posted by natssuu View Post
    kakashi said that Itachi could've killed him, but wondered why he didn't.
    We need a plot lol. And Konoha would be boring without Kakashi. Naruto is boring, Jiriaya is afk (away from konoha), Tsunade doesn't do hentai, Hinata is a stalker. lol there is many reasons.