Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

futbol vs. football????

I have always wondered how in the world people can like soccer (futbol) more than football (NFL NCAAF)? Soccer is so much running and 0-0 scores, and really anyone can play, so how can people watch that more than the NFL?

Hip-Hop Guru Super Saiyan 2 Teen Gohan's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    I mean, I know you know I know
    me.

Re: futbol vs. football????

FOOTBALL All The Way. NY GIANTS !

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Football all day Lets go Colts

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Jellal.F~ View Post
    Football all day Lets go Colts
    ha ha at least you keep up the hope

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    me.

Man colts aint nothing without Peyton. If he comes back soon enough, they could possibly make playoffs. But I think falcons vs. Ravens for super Bowl.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trippin in Mary's Bosom

im An American damnit nuff said

Status
    Feb 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status or
    wealth

soccer is the most popular game in the world , american football isn't more popular than rugby

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Saiyan 2 Teen Gohan View Post
    Man colts aint nothing without Peyton. If he comes back soon enough, they could possibly make playoffs. But I think falcons vs. Ravens for super Bowl.
    All about the Ravens LOL Lets go Baltimore

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    me.

Quote Originally Posted by damoney8888 View Post
    All about the Ravens LOL Lets go Baltimore
    . You live in Baltimore ? I'm from jersey and the giants are my favorite team but the falcons and ravens look good enough to go to the superbowl. Idc if brady had amazing games lol.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

. You live in Baltimore ? I'm from jersey and the giants are my favorite team but the falcons and ravens look good enough to go to the superbowl. Idc if brady had amazing games lol.
    ha ha brady does kick ass in fantasy though lol

and naw im from cali just been a raven fan (only god knows y lol) since they formed in 96

ha ha and espn all over teh giant player for poppin the intern in the face with the ball after his TD ha ha

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    me.

ha ha brady does kick ass in fantasy though lol

and naw im from cali just been a raven fan (only god knows y lol) since they formed in 96

ha ha and espn all over teh giant player for poppin the intern in the face with the ball after his TD ha ha
    Oh lol at the only gods knows why. Yeah Brady does but I just don't like him. He's a great player but i just dislike him. And which td ? Hixon, Boley, hicks, or Jacobs ?

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Oh lol at the only gods knows why. Yeah Brady does but I just don't like him. He's a great player but i just dislike him. And which td ? Hixon, Boley, hicks, or Jacobs ?
    The boley defensive td lol hit the intern then the camera man hella funny

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

colts gonna do bad but we gonna get a good pick nxt yr and superbowl is gonna be gbay and pats

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    me.

Oh I think I remember him hitting someone lol. And @ jellal. F. : no they are good but i just have a felling that the falcons and ravens are gonna make it.

But I'd love to see giants vs. Jets too. Just see the giants win again, if they could possibly make it. And to show all jets fan that giants are the better new York team.

Last edited by Caliburn; 10-01-2011 at 02:24 PM.

Status
    May 2011
    On the pavement thinking about the government.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Soccer has its pros that's for sure. I'm not sure what they are, but I'm sure they are there. Soccer player's are notorious floppers, leading to giant cushion zones between players.
    As an American I, as well as many others, enjoy violence. And football is one of the best sports on TV for pure violence. Except for the QB which is recently been put into an "off-limits" zone.

All that being said, the Eagles are taking the 'ship this year.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    me.

Quote Originally Posted by Amanwithnoplan View Post
    Soccer has its pros that's for sure. I'm not sure what they are, but I'm sure they are there. Soccer player's are notorious floppers, leading to giant cushion zones between players.
    As an American I, as well as many others, enjoy violence. And football is one of the best sports on TV for pure violence. Except for the QB which is recently been put into an "off-limits" zone.

All that being said, the Eagles are taking the 'ship this year.
    Qb is definitely not in an off-limits zone. They get sacked or tackled all the time.

Status
    May 2011
    On the pavement thinking about the government.
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Qb is definitely not in an off-limits zone. They get sacked or tackled all the time.
    Compare how they can get hit in today's game with how they could be hit, like 15 years ago.

Status
    Sep 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”

It depends on culture. America has been deeply biased with American Football and Baseball. (btw, the word 'football' were invented by British and it's real meaning is for what you Americans derogatorily call as soccer. You, Americans, just created the word 'soccer' so that you may use that word for your US football, so don't get too high on that).

In fact, frankly, football's popularity is world-wide and even if it's not as practiced or popular in some countries, it's existence is known by everybody while I assure you, there are many countries where US football is far from being known even.

It depends on culture like I said before. It's the same for cricket being popular in India or Rugby in new Zealand/South Africa.

And you see US football as better only because you're American or nearby-it and it's culture is deep-inside your mind. It's not a matter of point of view but a matter of culture.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I dislike soccer(futbol), and no one really watches or plays it in the US compared to Baseball and Football. So, I prefer American Football. I also bet the reason they call Football it's name, is because the game starts off with a kick off.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Returning from the dirt.

I played both in high school at the varsity level...
    Fútbol: right center midfielder
    Football: MLB
    And I enjoyed both a lot, but being honest the reason Fútbol is so popular in the world is because it just costs a ball to play. And a lot of kids can afford a ball a hell of a lot easier than a helmet and shoulder pads.

Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don’t trust people that
    don’t like Rock Lee

Well at least there both better. Then Australia Football. Aka AFL.

Status
    Sep 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

FOOTBALL (or soccer how you americans call it >__>) FTW

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.

I have always wondered how in the world people can like soccer (futbol) more than football (NFL NCAAF)? Soccer is so much running and 0-0 scores, and really anyone can play, so how can people watch that more than the NFL?
    You know I really hate it how you're formulating that as you're clearly extremely biased and oblivious to the differences between Football and American Football. They run in football...and? They do exactly the same in American football and everyone can play American football too. What's your point now?

The correct question is "why in the world do Americans like American Footbal so much?" and not "how in the world people can like soccer more than football?". Then you're being extremely biased. Everyone has his own opinion, however it's a fact that Football is way more popular and widespread than American Football. Why do you think they call it American Football? Because they play it in America. Do they even play that in other countries? As far as I know not, though it's still possible, however I've only heard about it in an American context. What they do play is Rugby. Countries like Australia and South Africa are very good at it, but that's different from American Football. I've never seen an American Football team here, but I've seen Rugby teams.

I'm also utterly disgusted that you refer to the original football as futbal and American Football as Football. Let this be clear, only Americans make a difference between what you call football and soccer, only Americans, no one else. Football refers first and foremost to what is called by the Americans soccer. So it's true in an American context when you say football they first will think about American football, however in a global context it's about soccer. As this is a global context you just called American football futball, even though that was not your intention. Keep that in mind that football refers to soccer to the world and that's a fact.

In Dutch it's called voetbal, which is the literal translation of football. In German it's Fussball, again a literal translation from football. In French it's le football. All of them refer to what America calls soccer. And do you know how we call American football? American football. We don't even have a translation for it. Also Football is mainly played with the feet, while American football is mainly played with the hands. It's fairly obvious to which sport football first refers too. The exception is America.

I have nothing against American football. Everyone has his own opinion about which sport is the best. That's something subjective and there isn't a correct answer on the question which is the best. But I do really hate the fact that America feels the need to call Football Soccer and American Football just Football. That they do that in America self I don't mind, but don't do it here. When most of the world favours football, don't make it sound like that they're weird because they don't like a sport which is focused mainly on one country.

The correct question is why do Americans like their football much more as they're the exception. The answer has already been said: it's just the culture. It's subjective which sport is the best, but it's a solid fact football is just way more popular and widespread. It's American Football that's the exception here.

Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    It depends on culture. America has been deeply biased with American Football and Baseball. (btw, the word 'football' were invented by British and it's real meaning is for what you Americans derogatorily call as soccer. You, Americans, just created the word 'soccer' so that you may use that word for your US football, so don't get too high on that).

In fact, frankly, football's popularity is world-wide and even if it's not as practiced or popular in some countries, it's existence is known by everybody while I assure you, there are many countries where US football is far from being known even.

It depends on culture like I said before. It's the same for cricket being popular in India or Rugby in new Zealand/South Africa.

And you see US football as better only because you're American or nearby-it and it's culture is deep-inside your mind. It's not a matter of point of view but a matter of culture.
    Indeed.

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

don´t get me wrong everyone, but i am most certain that 99% of those who said they like American Football are from America. i mean, come on, i personally don´t like American Football, and i enjoy Football (soccer if you want to). you ask why? because it´s far more easier to play Football than American Football and normal football can play ANYONE, your football can be played only by muscular (or fat) types of people (at least that´s how i see it from my point of view)

CALI´S WALL NO JUTSU STRIKES AGAIN, AHHHHH

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

lol why do americans call it football when they play mostly with their hands?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»