Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
Results 21 to 40 of 41
  1. #21
    Nathan.'s Avatar
    Status
    Nathan. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    47,764
    Location
    Australia
    -.-
     



    Re: futbol vs. football????

    Well at least there both better. Then Australia Football. Aka AFL.
     
         

  2. #22
    Senior Member Siberia's Avatar
    Status
    Siberia is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    3,035
    Location
    On Planet Earth
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: futbol vs. football????

    FOOTBALL (or soccer how you americans call it >__>) FTW
     
         

  3. #23
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,422
    Location
    Dressrosa
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: futbol vs. football????

    Quote Originally Posted by damoney8888 View Post
    I have always wondered how in the world people can like soccer (futbol) more than football (NFL NCAAF)? Soccer is so much running and 0-0 scores, and really anyone can play, so how can people watch that more than the NFL?
    You know I really hate it how you're formulating that as you're clearly extremely biased and oblivious to the differences between Football and American Football. They run in football...and? They do exactly the same in American football and everyone can play American football too. What's your point now?

    The correct question is "why in the world do Americans like American Footbal so much?" and not "how in the world people can like soccer more than football?". Then you're being extremely biased. Everyone has his own opinion, however it's a fact that Football is way more popular and widespread than American Football. Why do you think they call it American Football? Because they play it in America. Do they even play that in other countries? As far as I know not, though it's still possible, however I've only heard about it in an American context. What they do play is Rugby. Countries like Australia and South Africa are very good at it, but that's different from American Football. I've never seen an American Football team here, but I've seen Rugby teams.

    I'm also utterly disgusted that you refer to the original football as futbal and American Football as Football. Let this be clear, only Americans make a difference between what you call football and soccer, only Americans, no one else. Football refers first and foremost to what is called by the Americans soccer. So it's true in an American context when you say football they first will think about American football, however in a global context it's about soccer. As this is a global context you just called American football futball, even though that was not your intention. Keep that in mind that football refers to soccer to the world and that's a fact.

    In Dutch it's called voetbal, which is the literal translation of football. In German it's Fussball, again a literal translation from football. In French it's le football. All of them refer to what America calls soccer. And do you know how we call American football? American football. We don't even have a translation for it. Also Football is mainly played with the feet, while American football is mainly played with the hands. It's fairly obvious to which sport football first refers too. The exception is America.

    I have nothing against American football. Everyone has his own opinion about which sport is the best. That's something subjective and there isn't a correct answer on the question which is the best. But I do really hate the fact that America feels the need to call Football Soccer and American Football just Football. That they do that in America self I don't mind, but don't do it here. When most of the world favours football, don't make it sound like that they're weird because they don't like a sport which is focused mainly on one country.

    The correct question is why do Americans like their football much more as they're the exception. The answer has already been said: it's just the culture. It's subjective which sport is the best, but it's a solid fact football is just way more popular and widespread. It's American Football that's the exception here.

    Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    It depends on culture. America has been deeply biased with American Football and Baseball. (btw, the word 'football' were invented by British and it's real meaning is for what you Americans derogatorily call as soccer. You, Americans, just created the word 'soccer' so that you may use that word for your US football, so don't get too high on that).

    In fact, frankly, football's popularity is world-wide and even if it's not as practiced or popular in some countries, it's existence is known by everybody while I assure you, there are many countries where US football is far from being known even.

    It depends on culture like I said before. It's the same for cricket being popular in India or Rugby in new Zealand/South Africa.

    And you see US football as better only because you're American or nearby-it and it's culture is deep-inside your mind. It's not a matter of point of view but a matter of culture.
    Indeed.
     
         

  4. #24
    Migualon J.J.'s Avatar
    Status
    Migualon J.J. is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    25,010
    Location
    Prague, Czech Republic, Czech Republic
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: futbol vs. football????

    don´t get me wrong everyone, but i am most certain that 99% of those who said they like American Football are from America. i mean, come on, i personally don´t like American Football, and i enjoy Football (soccer if you want to). you ask why? because it´s far more easier to play Football than American Football and normal football can play ANYONE, your football can be played only by muscular (or fat) types of people (at least that´s how i see it from my point of view)


    CALI´S WALL NO JUTSU STRIKES AGAIN, AHHHHH
     
         

  5. #25
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,980
    Location
    Boston,MA
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: futbol vs. football????

    lol why do americans call it football when they play mostly with their hands?
     
         

  6. #26
    ǝsɔoɹdııns Escorpiius's Avatar
    Status
    Escorpiius is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,293
    Location
    ****ing Burnin' Paradise
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”
     



    Re: futbol vs. football????

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    You know I really hate it how you're formulating that as you're clearly extremely biased and oblivious to the differences between Football and American Football. They run in football...and? They do exactly the same in American football and everyone can play American football too. What's your point now?

    The correct question is "why in the world do Americans like American Footbal so much?" and not "how in the world people can like soccer more than football?". Then you're being extremely biased. Everyone has his own opinion, however it's a fact that Football is way more popular and widespread than American Football. Why do you think they call it American Football? Because they play it in America. Do they even play that in other countries? As far as I know not, though it's still possible, however I've only heard about it in an American context. What they do play is Rugby. Countries like Australia and South Africa are very good at it, but that's different from American Football. I've never seen an American Football team here, but I've seen Rugby teams.

    I'm also utterly disgusted that you refer to the original football as futbal and American Football as Football. Let this be clear, only Americans make a difference between what you call football and soccer, only Americans, no one else. Football refers first and foremost to what is called by the Americans soccer. So it's true in an American context when you say football they first will think about American football, however in a global context it's about soccer. As this is a global context you just called American football futball, even though that was not your intention. Keep that in mind that football refers to soccer to the world and that's a fact.

    In Dutch it's called voetbal, which is the literal translation of football. In German it's Fussball, again a literal translation from football. In French it's le football. All of them refer to what America calls soccer. And do you know how we call American football? American football. We don't even have a translation for it. Also Football is mainly played with the feet, while American football is mainly played with the hands. It's fairly obvious to which sport football first refers too. The exception is America.

    I have nothing against American football. Everyone has his own opinion about which sport is the best. That's something subjective and there isn't a correct answer on the question which is the best. But I do really hate the fact that America feels the need to call Football Soccer and American Football just Football. That they do that in America self I don't mind, but don't do it here. When most of the world favours football, don't make it sound like that they're weird because they don't like a sport which is focused mainly on one country.

    The correct question is why do Americans like their football much more as they're the exception. The answer has already been said: it's just the culture. It's subjective which sport is the best, but it's a solid fact football is just way more popular and widespread. It's American Football that's the exception here.
    Very well, said. Oh, in France, it's called le foot. But never mind, you said it all anyways.

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Mig J.J. Quiksilver~ View Post
    CALI´S WALL NO JUTSU STRIKES AGAIN, AHHHHH
    But this time, it was a deserving one.

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    lol why do americans call it football when they play mostly with their hands?
    For attracting more people. Let's be frank, football is not only popular but more attractive in its name itself. If they named it, American Handball or American Sumo, it will already lose part of its charm.

    So, it's name is just a copy-cat of a popular sport and they purposely add a degraded name in their culture to the original (football) into shameful tags like soccer or futbol; so as to seem superior in their own eyes.
     
         

  7. #27
    Typhon's Avatar
    Status
    Typhon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,175
    Location
    Konohagakure
    We Do Not Sow
     



    Re: futbol vs. football????

    I think you guys are thinking into the naming situation waaaay too much......no, its not a conspiracy to steal fans from soccer. Its because the game was derived from Rugby Football (Rugby's actual name) and Football. When football was originally created it was much more similar to Rugby but over the years its changed dramatically into its own unique sport. They just kept the name because people had already grown accustomed to it. Simple as that. No grand fan stealing conspiracy. No trying to feel "superior" or adding derogatory names. Its just a name.

    I like both sports, but Football (I'm American, and that's what we call American Football, if you don't like it, suck it up), in my opinion is a better sport. I like soccer, but I can't get past the constant flopping and drama that happens in the middle of matches. In my opinion it completely takes away from the integrity of the sport. Instead of a match being decided by who's the better team, it gets decided by who's the better actor. Completely kills it for me. I also just find Football more exciting. I still watch soccer on occasion, and FIFA video games are fun, and I still get into the World Cup when it comes around, but I just don't find it as interesting of a sport.

    But obviously soccer is a much more popular worldwide sport. No arguing that. But American sports are becoming much more popular worldwide recently. The NFL is making a much bigger effort in exporting the sport to other areas of the world, especially Europe. There's already the CFL (Canadian Football League) and a European league as well. Basketball is already pretty popular worldwide, as is baseball.
     
         

  8. #28
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,422
    Location
    Dressrosa
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: futbol vs. football????

    Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    Very well, said. Oh, in France, it's called le foot. But never mind, you said it all anyways.



    But this time, it was a deserving one.



    For attracting more people. Let's be frank, football is not only popular but more attractive in its name itself. If they named it, American Handball or American Sumo, it will already lose part of its charm.

    So, it's name is just a copy-cat of a popular sport and they purposely add a degraded name in their culture to the original (football) into shameful tags like soccer or futbol; so as to seem superior in their own eyes.
    Both le foot as le football are correct.

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    I think you guys are thinking into the naming situation waaaay too much......no, its not a conspiracy to steal fans from soccer. Its because the game was derived from Rugby Football (Rugby's actual name) and Football. When football was originally created it was much more similar to Rugby but over the years its changed dramatically into its own unique sport. They just kept the name because people had already grown accustomed to it. Simple as that. No grand fan stealing conspiracy. No trying to feel "superior" or adding derogatory names. Its just a name.

    I like both sports, but Football (I'm American, and that's what we call American Football, if you don't like it, suck it up), in my opinion is a better sport. I like soccer, but I can't get past the constant flopping and drama that happens in the middle of matches. In my opinion it completely takes away from the integrity of the sport. Instead of a match being decided by who's the better team, it gets decided by who's the better actor. Completely kills it for me. I also just find Football more exciting. I still watch soccer on occasion, and FIFA video games are fun, and I still get into the World Cup when it comes around, but I just don't find it as interesting of a sport.

    But obviously soccer is a much more popular worldwide sport. No arguing that. But American sports are becoming much more popular worldwide recently. The NFL is making a much bigger effort in exporting the sport to other areas of the world, especially Europe. There's already the CFL (Canadian Football League) and a European league as well. Basketball is already pretty popular worldwide, as is baseball.
    I personally never said anything about stealing the name or stealing fans from other sports on purpose. I know all that about the link with rugby and such. However the people in this thread who're fans of American Football are indeed using derogatory names and are acting "superior" towards football. He wrote futbol in the title to refer to soccer

    I don't mind that in America they made a distinction between football and American football. However I do mind it when the actually act like the entire world needs to do that, even though the majority of the world uses football to refer to soccer and that they're acting like American football is the standard and that soccer is the odd one out, even though it's clearly the complete opposite. That's just arrogance and looking down upon football. It's a fact that football is more popular and more widespread than American Football, so it's extremely annoying when biased people are acting like it's not.

    I don't have anything against American Football, but I'm a football fan, I just like it better. That's my opinion and I don't look down upon people who think the opposite. Though I do hate it when people act like the way they did in this thread.

    Also about that drama, American Football is the same. Seriously I'm very well aware football has become more and more something commercial full of attention seeking babies *looks at C Ronaldo -_-*, however the same applies to American Football. Now you're really looking through pink glasses if you're giving an integrity speech about football and then act like American Football is pure. That same speech applies to American football too you know.

    American sports become more popular? That's ironic considering football is becoming more and more popular too in America. In fact its popularity has increased tremendously the last decade.
     
         
    Last edited by Caliburn; 10-01-2011 at 10:44 PM.

  9. #29
    Typhon's Avatar
    Status
    Typhon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    15,175
    Location
    Konohagakure
    We Do Not Sow
     



    Re: futbol vs. football????

    Quote Originally Posted by Caliburn View Post
    Both le foot as le football are correct.



    I personally never said anything about stealing the name or stealing fans from other sports on purpose. I know all that about the link with rugby and such. However the people in this thread who're fans of American Football are indeed using derogatory names and are acting "superior" towards football. He wrote futbol in the title to refer to soccer

    I don't mind that in America they made a distinction between football and American football. However I do mind it when the actually act like the entire world needs to do that, even though the majority of the world uses football to refer to soccer and that they're acting like American football is the standard and that soccer is the odd one out, even though it's clearly the complete opposite. That's just arrogance and looking down upon football. It's a fact that football is more popular and more widespread than American Football, so it's extremely annoying when biased people are acting like it's not.

    I don't have anything against American Football, but I'm a football fan, I just like it better. That's my opinion and I don't look down upon people who think the opposite. Though I do hate it when people act like the way they did in this thread.

    Also about that drama, American Football is the same. Seriously I'm very well aware football has become more and more something commercial full of attention seeking babies *looks at C Ronaldo -_-*, however the same applies to American Football. Now you're really looking through pink glasses if you're giving an integrity speech about football and then act like American Football is pure. That same speech applies to American football too you know.

    American sports become more popular? That's ironic considering football is becoming more and more popular too in America. In fact its popularity has increased tremendously the last decade.

    I know, I was referring to Escorpiius' post with the name stealing stuff. I can see how "futball" may seem derogatory, but I think he was just trying to differentiate between the two without calling it soccer. I don't think he was purposefully trying to be offensive with it.

    I get what you're saying and I agree. But at the same time I don't think Americans should be expected to refer to our Football as "American Football" either. In the end its just the name we're familiar with. I don't get offended when its referred to American Football and people shouldn't get offended when its referred to Soccer.

    I guess my problem with the whole flopping issue in soccer is that its very widespread and it seems like its encouraged. Referee's should be able to tell the difference between someone getting taken down or someone flopping, and they shouldn't give the flop the call. I've even seen instances where referees and coaches have flopped. I just think that's ridiculous. There's tons of showboating in the NFL and on occasion you'll see people try and draw a call with some over acting, and sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. But in terms of things that alter the outcome of the game I really don't see an equivalent to flopping in the NFL or NCAA Football.

    I agree that soccer has gotten much more popular in America. Still has a long ways to go before it reaches Baseball/Basketball/Football/Hockey levels here, but its getting better.
     
         

  10. #30
    ǝsɔoɹdııns Escorpiius's Avatar
    Status
    Escorpiius is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,293
    Location
    ****ing Burnin' Paradise
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”
     



    Re: futbol vs. football????

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    I know, I was referring to Escorpiius' post with the name stealing stuff. I can see how "futball" may seem derogatory, but I think he was just trying to differentiate between the two without calling it soccer. I don't think he was purposefully trying to be offensive with it.

    I get what you're saying and I agree. But at the same time I don't think Americans should be expected to refer to our Football as "American Football" either. In the end its just the name we're familiar with. I don't get offended when its referred to American Football and people shouldn't get offended when its referred to Soccer.

    I agree that soccer has gotten much more popular in America. Still has a long ways to go before it reaches Baseball/Basketball/Football/Hockey levels here, but its getting better.
    Whatsoever, I indeed didn't tried to be offensive but frankly, naming your sport in your country after another sport that is world widely popular isn't very innovative.

    Well, I don't like when it's referred as soccer/futbol cause' its real name is football frankly it should be called like that. Period. You may got used to call American Football as football since you're American but since the forum is for everyone, abide to the fact that the real football is football (which you call soccer).

    I don't know the American culture though through everything I've ever saw in movies, I get an idea of the sports popularity that you've mentioned but you'll be astonished how unknown sports like American football is. It's unexisting just like Baseball in a way. That's one of the reasons while we (who aren't from America) gets offended since in our eyes, you're like referring to your "cheapster" of sport (excuse the expression) with a popular name use for the #1 sport and yet, you want us to accept that it's right when you say that.

    And what does soccer mean anyways? It's just sound like Sucker in a way and that word is non-existing in mostly every country besides the States and countries nearby it.
     
         

  11. #31
    Senior Member Hammy120290's Avatar
    Status
    Hammy120290 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,161
    Location
    Rosyth, United Kingdom
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: futbol vs. football????

    Football....= goalies strikers etc etc
    American Football = hardly includes any feet + ball action and just proves how dumb some americans are....I do enjoy the sport just a dumb fckn name

    Soccer....dumber fckn name also
     
         

  12. #32
    ロロノア・ゾロ Caliburn's Avatar
    Status
    Caliburn is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    16,422
    Location
    Dressrosa
    This user is taking back his
    status by force! But would
    also like to note that Sara
    has his heart! It's in a jar
    of marshmallows.
     



    Re: futbol vs. football????

    Quote Originally Posted by Typhon View Post
    I know, I was referring to Escorpiius' post with the name stealing stuff. I can see how "futball" may seem derogatory, but I think he was just trying to differentiate between the two without calling it soccer. I don't think he was purposefully trying to be offensive with it.

    I get what you're saying and I agree. But at the same time I don't think Americans should be expected to refer to our Football as "American Football" either. In the end its just the name we're familiar with. I don't get offended when its referred to American Football and people shouldn't get offended when its referred to Soccer.

    I guess my problem with the whole flopping issue in soccer is that its very widespread and it seems like its encouraged. Referee's should be able to tell the difference between someone getting taken down or someone flopping, and they shouldn't give the flop the call. I've even seen instances where referees and coaches have flopped. I just think that's ridiculous. There's tons of showboating in the NFL and on occasion you'll see people try and draw a call with some over acting, and sometimes it works, but most of the time it doesn't. But in terms of things that alter the outcome of the game I really don't see an equivalent to flopping in the NFL or NCAA Football.

    I agree that soccer has gotten much more popular in America. Still has a long ways to go before it reaches Baseball/Basketball/Football/Hockey levels here, but its getting better.
    That's what I said, but intentional or not that's insulting for football fans. He wants to make a distinction between football and American football, but because he refers to American football as football, football has to be named futbol =/ that's arrogance. Americans are the ones who don't refer to soccer when they say footbal, but they're are the exception, still we are supposed to accept your exception? That's just plain arrogance. If he wanted to make a distinction, he should refer to American football as American football and football just football and not the other way around as that's insulting.

    I already said before I don't mind that you call football soccer in America. If I ever go to America and start talking about football, I will call it soccer and American football football because that's how they do it in America. I will adapt and accept it. But when you're in a universal context, like NB, you refer to American football as American football and football refers then to what Americans call soccer. That's nothing more than normal. America is the exception, so why do we need to accept your terminology while we're part of the majority who uses another terminology?

    It's not encouraged and it's not easy to tell the difference. That's what I mean that you look to roze-colored glasses. Football apparantly has a big problem with that, but in American football it's ok. As far as I know it's practically allowed in American football to beat the crap out of your opponent, that's why they were such kind of armour, but that's not the case in football. As a result yes there are a lot of players who overreact, but because that's not going to work in American football it probably happens less. But that doesn't take away that the integrity of American Football is better than that of football. It's not that much better. I don't know much about American football, but they probably have problems of their own which football doesn't have.
     
         

  13. #33
    Myobokuzan Rihari's Avatar
    Status
    Rihari is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    11,789
    Location
    Creeping Outside Yo Window
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: futbol vs. football????

    Iv'e always preferred Rugby League to all sports, it's basically a game that's really popular in Australia. Not the most played though. 'AFL' I don't know if anyone has heard of this sport, Australia basically calls it 'Aussie Rules'. It's a game i hate, but will admit it's probably the most Favorited sport in Australia today.

    It tends to defer though depending which state you are in. Like say Queensland and New South Wales are the only states you will see that have professional teams in the 'NRL' (Rugby League) about 16 teams all up. But if you look at AFL it's got a team in every state, around the same number of teams.

    I only wrote this because you were writing about the types of Football, and you didn't mention these ones.
     
         

  14. #34
    Kaziname's Avatar
    Status
    Kaziname is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,295
    Location
    U pički materinoj
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: futbol vs. football????

    Flopping is really annoying in football and judges can put an end to it, however, they won't. Apparently, because FIFA is corrupted. If there really is any intention to stop it, why don't they add 2-3 judges in a cabin, separate from other judges, but still in constant communication with them. In their cabin they would be able to rewind the moment and, if the judge on field is uncertain or ask their judgment, tell the difference between faking and real fall. That would be for flopping.

    About names - everything's been said

    As for skills needed... How many of you have watched "Space Marines" (First movie, not shitquels)? Have you seen what main character (Rico) did in a game similar to American Footbal? That would be American Football if any skill were required. Right now, all it takes is to be: Fast as hell (it's basically running - no skill needed), strong as hell (it's basically going to gym every day and eating protein things and whatnot) or be able to kick the ball really far. American Footbal is brutal as it gets in both terms of rules and skills needed for playing it. It's raw. However, Football requires skills like handling, dribbling, balance, precision shooting (along with having to match power to a kick) as well as numerous mental skills like "vision" (ability to see situation ahead and awareness of players around you), designing a game in your mind etc. In American Football it's just: run, throw the ball to another guy if they come too close to you and run some more (along with carrying 5 guys with you as you try to take more field).
     
         

  15. #35
    Nathan.'s Avatar
    Status
    Nathan. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    47,764
    Location
    Australia
    -.-
     



    Re: futbol vs. football????

    Quote Originally Posted by Rihari.. View Post
    Iv'e always preferred Rugby League to all sports, it's basically a game that's really popular in Australia. Not the most played though. 'AFL' I don't know if anyone has heard of this sport, Australia basically calls it 'Aussie Rules'. It's a game i hate, but will admit it's probably the most Favorited sport in Australia today.

    It tends to defer though depending which state you are in. Like say Queensland and New South Wales are the only states you will see that have professional teams in the 'NRL' (Rugby League) about 16 teams all up. But if you look at AFL it's got a team in every state, around the same number of teams.

    I only wrote this because you were writing about the types of Football, and you didn't mention these ones.
    NRL I like it better. Yes I'm Australian & no I'm not Queensland or New South Wales, I'm from Victoria. I hate AFL, it is the stupidest sport I've ever see, Its so pointless.

    So with your whole comment Rihari.., I agree with completely.
     
         

  16. #36
    Count of Monte Cristo Tosen's Avatar
    Status
    Tosen is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,888
    Location
    Warya
    #Visionwashere
     



    Re: futbol vs. football????

    American football is hella of boring soccer all the way ( the true football since you use your foot)
     
         

  17. #37
    The Member -God of War-'s Avatar
    Status
    -God of War- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,337
    Location
    Europe
    I was a crazy kid.
     

    Re: futbol vs. football????

    Footbal(soccer) is the best. I play soccer a lot.
     
         

  18. #38
    Senior Member Zanji's Avatar
    Status
    Zanji is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    8,606
    Location
    here there everywhere
    Ninja Fool Learn It!
     



    Re: futbol vs. football????

    Alright here I will have to go with "American" Football over Football (Soccer). Reason being is because for nearly 17 yrs I have been watching it everytime the season roles around, and I am an avid fan of it, shit I have 3 different jersey's for my favorite team and even a few hats and a jacket. But that is how I grew up. But the first sport I ever really "played" out of the two was in fact Soccer. Though I barely did anything.

    As far as why we call the two different than the rest of the world, I dunno but I don't exactly care we all have different ways of calling something and throughout the world everyone has their own different sport they like. Most american's recently prefer to watch our version of football and baseball over any other sport we have at the moment, more so than even basketball, when Basketball use to be in the top contenders of watching.

    But as for the other countries I don't know what they all watch and that is nothing more than the fans prospective over what they like. There is no need for anyone to down talk anothers favorite sport all have their own sports or teams.

    Also for those who say our football doesn't use their feet to play the game with highly don't fully know or watch it. Our football does use their feet for certain plays such as the kick-offs, field goals, and punts, also just because I am a smart ass, we do use our feet throughout the entirety of the game, we run with the ball in our hands
     
         

  19. #39
    Scary Yamato's Avatar
    Status
    Scary Yamato is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    13,587
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: futbol vs. football????

    I just went through this thread and I can easily tell who is from The United States and who isnt. I have to agree it was pretty stupid to name American Football after "Football" (as the rest of the world knows it), but you people need to calm down. You're getting all worked up over a name. Would you like it better if it was called "dribblekick" instead of soccer?

    I prefer to watch American Football over soccer (football) mainly because of the flopping I've seen. It just turned me off on watching that sport. I like to play both sports almost equally.
     
         

  20. #40
    Senior Member damoney8888's Avatar
    Status
    damoney8888 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,649
    Location
    California
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: futbol vs. football????

    Quote Originally Posted by Theleader View Post
    American football is hella of boring soccer all the way ( the true football since you use your foot)
    really??? soccer has so many games that go 0-0, which mean its just a buch of guys out for a jog lol
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •