Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.

Bustin My Eardrums to the Emperor's New Groove

The Smooth Criminal waits for The Emperor of Sound.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm every kind of demon, kid.

Re: Bustin My Eardrums to the Emperor's New Groove

Okay then !

Now, since I've already gone into the "what is sound" shtick, let's move on.
    How do you think one creates Sound with chakra ?

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.

The first things that come to my head when I think of making Sound from chakra, is if I wanted to make my own custom Jutsu, how would I do it.

A. Amplification
    B. Boost
    C. Concentration
    D. Decibel

I take a sound that is already there, and either amplify or boost that sound waves/vibrations that are already there by concentrating my chakra into the sound that was made by whatever made it. Everything produces sound, its is simply a matter of whether it is at a decibel that we can hear it or not. For example, an Inuzuka could hear something that a normal ninja, without sound manipulation, would be unable to hear. They wouldnt question whether or not he actually heard anything. It is understood that different animals have a different decibel level of sound that they are capable of hearing.

The same works with if you want to take away sound.......which by what I just said is impossible, so one would concentrate on diminishing the decibel of a certain sound so that a person could not hear the attack or the person themselves. this is no easy feat however, a person would have to explain that they have studied every animal in the narutoverse and explain that they tested their decibel of hearing, allowing them to instantly know what decibel to diminish a certain sound to.

so in closing, the making of chakra in itself produces a sound, evidence by techniques such as chidori, rasengan, rasenshuriken, and many other techniques that have a distinct sound to it. so once we channel our chakra, we concentrate on the sound waves produced from the channelling of the chakra and simply amplify it to our desired result.

there may be more to this, but this is just the way i perceive it.

Edit: I would also like to add that although the decibel is lowered, the sound still occurs, however the eardrum of the animal is incapable of triggering that the sound was made. With this, it is totally capable of having a Silent Sound Genjutsu.

Studying the sound of other objects such as wind, would allow a sound user to manipulate another sound to appear as that of something else, perhaps an animal, music, anything else with a definable sound.

The easiest Sound would probably come from the most noticeable, and that is the voice.

Last edited by Azazel; 05-27-2012 at 06:07 AM.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Very, very good.

...If I wanted a treatise on the multiple uses of Sound. It is very good that you have such creativity.

But, the basic question is: using your chakra and nothing else, how do you produce Sound ?

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.

Goes through multiple phases of happiness until I realize that I had still not yet answered the question.

*insert defeated emoticon here*

A ninja would produce sound by allowing ones chakra to vibrate the air around the user or in a specific location.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, good.

Now try it.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.

Charging a decent amount of chakra into my hand, I concentrate on making releasing the chakra from my hand and into the air. As I release it I cause my chakra to vibrate in the air producing sound waves.

After repeating this a few times, I gradually increase the amount of chakra range from my hands to all around my body until I can produce sound waves (vibrations) from every surface and orifice of my body in as great or little amount of chakra as necessary.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

*Every* orifice ? o_o

Yeah, no, that....won't be necessary.

Now, *watches as you fall over dizzy* shame on you for thinking it would be so easy. Before you bite off more than you can chew, think about it.

First try getting yourself used to the Sound so you don't hurt yourself while fighting.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.

As I fall over completely dizzy from expending so much sound chakra, I produce natural sound waves from my anus. Silent but deadly, I hope Emperor sensei doesnt have a great sense of smell to go along with his hearing .

Standing up a bit woozy from expending so much chakra, i try concentrating chakra to produce sound waves again in slowly increasing amounts so that I can get used to it and remain unaffected by it.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

You're just lucky I have a cold

Okay, good boy.

Now try making sounds in various pitches. You do this by altering the speed of the vibrations.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.

I was thinking about Sound Waves and if they are capable of pushing away gravity like an aura surrounding the body of the user. With a ninja constantly emitting Sound Waves from his body to push gravity away and allow the user to move at the speed of sound. If I am capable of doing that, which I have read in multiple places that sound is unaffected by gravity, but cannot exist in space. (though, based on my first post probably contradicts this, and simply means that it is at a decibel that cannot be heard by humans, space automatically dropping it to a decibel way below our capablities) Basically I am thinking of making a Sound Release Jutsu in direct intervention of Shinra Tensei in every aspect and wondered what you thought. Granting the user speed by producing an aura of sound waves around the body of the user that pushes gravity away in that direct area.

Creating chakra in my hands again to project outwards and make sound waves. As I push the chakra outwards, I concentrate on forcing the waves to move at a greater speed than what I projected initially. I then instantly switch and begin trying to decrease the speed at which the sound waves travel. As I do this, I can hear how it affects my hearing.

I then project Sound waves from both of my hands, one to speed up the vibrations, the other to slow them down.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Sound is unaffected by gravity, that is true. However, that does not mean sound can repel gravity or nullify it. It potentially means if you launch a Sound attack, Pein cannot repel it with Shinra Tensei. But it may not mean that you can use it to block Shinra Tensei - unless you make a CJ that produces a wall of solid sound.
    Now as to the space thing, the reason for that is this - sound is what physicists call a mechanical wave. It requires a medium to vibrate for it to continue moving. This is why you hear sound in air, water, even metal. But in space, there is quite simply nothing, absolutely nothing to vibrate, and hence sound, unlike light, cannot exist.

Very good. Now try producing sound through your mouth.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor View Post
    Sound is unaffected by gravity, that is true. However, that does not mean sound can repel gravity or nullify it. It potentially means if you launch a Sound attack, Pein cannot repel it with Shinra Tensei. But it may not mean that you can use it to block Shinra Tensei - unless you make a CJ that produces a wall of solid sound.
    Now as to the space thing, the reason for that is this - sound is what physicists call a mechanical wave. It requires a medium to vibrate for it to continue moving. This is why you hear sound in air, water, even metal. But in space, there is quite simply nothing, absolutely nothing to vibrate, and hence sound, unlike light, cannot exist.

Very good. Now try producing sound through your mouth.
    Thank You for your input. It has given me a lot to think about.

=======

Channeling chakra in my mouth and then to my vocal cords, I give a nice yell. I can't really see the sound but I understand that it is there, as piercing to the ears as any. Wondering what sound waves would actually look like, I use the Water Shockwave technique to summon a large amount of water around me, and then concentrate on producing sound waves again.

Ahhh, so thats what it looks like when it travels through water.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Good boi.

Now try it in the air, under pressure.

*tosses a kunai at you*

Use the Sound to deflect it.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.

Jumping out of the water like I was a dolphin and into the air, I see that Emperor sensei has thown a Kunai at me. With barely any time to react, I quickly focus chakra into my vocal cords while tilting my head towards the kunai and scream loud enough to produce violent sound waves that knock the kunai backwards and away from my position and back towards Emperor. The kunai lands at back at his feet, causing no harm as was intended.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oraan Nguyen View Post
    Jumping out of the water like I was a dolphin and into the air, I see that Emperor sensei has thown a Kunai at me. With barely any time to react, I quickly focus chakra into my vocal cords while tilting my head towards the kunai and scream loud enough to produce violent sound waves that knock the kunai backwards and away from my position and back towards Emperor. The kunai lands at back at his feet, causing no harm as was intended.
    Yes, good boy.

Now... you're going to have to learn some math. Try working out the angles at which your sound reflects off objects, perhaps even two or more reflections in a row, and work out where you have to aim to reflect sound off *for example* that tree there to come at me.
    This will take a while.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.

Yes, good boy.

Now... you're going to have to learn some math. Try working out the angles at which your sound reflects off objects, perhaps even two or more reflections in a row, and work out where you have to aim to reflect sound off *for example* that tree there to come at me.
    This will take a while.
    Gazing intently at the tree, I try to use what I know about Geometry to determine what angle of the tree to hit so that I can bounce it back towards Emperor. Figuring that this wouldn't be unlike Billiards in trying to deflect off of one surface to hit another. Picking a few spots that I think might do the trick, I give the first spot a go, expelling the sound waves from my mouth. It ricochets off the tree and heads Way past Emperor and behind his back. Aiming at another section, I accidentally send too strong a sound wave to the tree and ended up destroying it on accident.

Picking another tree, realizing my past mistakes, I blow out the sound waves at the perfect angle, hitting Emperor squarely in the ear with a short thin burst of sound waves instead of the thick vortex like amount that I had tried to do previously.

Slowly but steadily I continue to practice on each tree, aiming for different body parts.

I then practice "double banking" off one tree to another in such a way that I was able to attack Emperor from behind with me standing right in front of his.

Sound is quite the useful Release.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Very well done. And yes, yes it is.

Congratulations. You've successfully learnt:

(Ototon: Himei Zetsubou no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Scream of Despair Skill
    Type: Supplementary/Defense
    Range: Short-Mid
    Chakra Cost: 15
    Damage Points: N/a
    Description: The user concentrating chakra into their vocal cords enhancing throat chakra lets out a scream that travels extremely fast in which can be used to deflect projectiles and send opponents flying.
    Note: Travels at 315 speed

(Ototon: Hibiki Rendan no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Echo Assault Skill
    Type: Attack
    Chakra Cost: 20
    Damage Points: 40
    Description: The user gathers chakra into their mouth and infuses their vocal chords as they release a burst of sound towards the opponent. If they managed to dodge it, that is the worst thing that can happen. The sound gets stronger as it bounces off of objects however it also gets smaller as it goes on.
    Note: Travels at 450 speed

Now rest for a bit and we'll continue tomorrow.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.

Sound is exhausting. Time to sleep this off. Thanks for the training.

*whistles while I walk away back to my hut*

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

And now to continue.

First, I presume you know how to enhance your senses with chakra. Do so allowing you to hear things better. Then, release a pulse of sound too weak to be felt with each breath you take, which echoes off any obstacles and returns to you, forming an image in your head of the surroundings even if you are blind

*blindfolds you*

Now try to identify where I am.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.

And now to continue.

First, I presume you know how to enhance your senses with chakra. Do so allowing you to hear things better. Then, release a pulse of sound too weak to be felt with each breath you take, which echoes off any obstacles and returns to you, forming an image in your head of the surroundings even if you are blind

*blindfolds you*

Now try to identify where I am.
    As I am being blindfolded, I instantly feel fear at having Hellz come out of nowhere and rape me. It was not the first time, nor the second time that it had happened. My ass cheeks subconsciously clench in fear. The more time that went by without the feeling of that hand on his shoulder, I begin to relax a bit and concentrate on the task at hand.

Now, how to locate without sight, smell, touch or taste. The only sense being left if hearing. My breathing now completely calm. I think about several ways of possibly finding out where Emperor could be located.

What animals do I know can sense where things are without sight?

Snakes? No, they sense heat with their tongues and the vibrations in the ground through their body. Hmmmm, the vibrations through the body from the ground isnt a bad idea, but lets see if there is a more refined way of doing this.

Dolphins? I had previously used a similar version of this already called Sonar in which I would be able to hear things under water. This worked perfectly well, but it required water. I know there is another way to do something similar to this, I just have to think about it. I'm as blind as a bat and need to find where........that it...........BATS.

Bats use a form of sight using echolocation. They produce a sound that bounces off of one object and back to them so that they can know where to fly and avoid stalactites, stalagmites, and trees amongst other objects while flying.

Taking this into account, along with the previous Geometry Sound training that I had been given, I know that there are trees in the area. Giving multiple short bursts of Sound waves from my mouth I bounce them back and forth between the trees and back to myself looking for a disturbance.
    Having done it across the battlefield, I begin to wonder if Emperor sensei had simply treated himself like a tree and sent an equal Sound wave back towards me pretending to be the same sound wave that I had sent.

Thinking cleverly, I figure that if I can use my vocal cords to advance my sound wave projection, I should be able to use my Eardrums to advance my sound wave hearing as well.

Charging chakra into my ears, I repeat the same task. My hearing amplified, though I couldnt normally hear them with my breath, I can hear them better now and I could literally hear the disturbance before Emperor could send the sound wave back towards me.

I then Point to where Emperor is and take off my blindfold.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

That was a wonderful inner monologue I'm impressed.

Very good. Now put the blindfold back on...and dodge !

*As soon as you put the blindfold back on, I silently shift position, tossing kunai at you*

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.

That was a wonderful inner monologue I'm impressed.

Very good. Now put the blindfold back on...and dodge !

*As soon as you put the blindfold back on, I silently shift position, tossing kunai at you*

Wait, I have to put it back on? But....but......but........

I knew Hellz was gonna come get me again.

Its Ok. Its Ok. We were brave once before, we can do it again. We recuperated twice after his rape. The second time even faster than the first. I guess another 2 years of my life is worth the risk of sound. Maybe I can hear him coming before he gets to me.....yea thats it. I dont care if he can come out of an empty void whenever he pleases.

Gulp

False Bravado sets in as I put the blindfold on. I place chakra into my eardrums again, amplifying my hearing. Like an amateur, I begin unnecessarily moving my head from side to side in a panic. Suddenly I can hear the air better than ever before, the trees, even Emperor's breathing.

Hmm his location. Well that was easier than last time. I should have simply honed into his breathing......but I guess these things come faster with more practice.
    Now that I have locked onto his location, I know that he probably has thrown the kunai already. He wants me to dodge them and not simply block them. To do that I would have to know their exact location.
    All of a sudden Emperor's breathing wasn't where it was before. I instantly became alert my head snapping to his direction and moving along with him. I figured that if I could hear his breathing, I would be able to hear the kunai cutting through the wind as well. Channeling more chakra into my eardrums, my hearing is amplified again. As I do this I barely have enough time to tilt my head to the left as a kunai flows right past my right ear.
    Immediately alert that.....

.....I can hear the other kunai coming towards me.

I don't believe it, Emperor has predicted how I will dodge each of the kunai before it even gets it to me. Each dodge preempted, I know that I will have to dodge this completely without any mistakes. I begin doing several flips and somersaults dodging the kunai, the last one I literally had to do the Matrix to dodge. Luckily none of the kunai hit me.

Status
    Nov 2008
    Post Thanks / Like

Very, very good.

You're definitely one of the best students I've taught. You've learnt:

(Ototon: Naiteki Ne no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Inner Sonar Skill
    Type: Supplementary
    Damage Points: N/A
    Description: The user enhancing their hearing by utilizing chakra and enfusing their sound waves from their mouth. With their breathing sound waves emerge and bounce off of objects having them know wherever everything is around them.

Now, this is an incredibly useful technique. You can even sense things with no chakra - even Muu when he is completely invisible. However...tell me what exactly you cannot sense with this ?

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Change is here.

Very, very good.

You're definitely one of the best students I've taught. You've learnt:

(Ototon: Naiteki Ne no Jutsu) - Sound Release: Inner Sonar Skill
    Type: Supplementary
    Damage Points: N/A
    Description: The user enhancing their hearing by utilizing chakra and enfusing their sound waves from their mouth. With their breathing sound waves emerge and bounce off of objects having them know wherever everything is around them.

Now, this is an incredibly useful technique. You can even sense things with no chakra - even Muu when he is completely invisible. However...tell me what exactly you cannot sense with this ?
    Thank You Emperor-sama.

I would say things with no physical Mass. Space, Wind, Fire, Lightning, Chakra and other intangible things as there would be nothing for the sound waves to bounce back towards you. Muu going invisible doesn't making his body intangible, thus the reason we can still track him. Had there been any Sound Release Ninja when the Hozuki Mizukage showed up, the Clam summon would have been easier to find.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»