Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Swagger

Getting Wisdom Teeth Pulled 😫 😰

I'm getting all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled tomorrow. I'm semi worried. Does anyone have any tips for me pre and post surgery Any advice would be appreciated.

Status
    Apr 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trying To Enjoy Life :)

Re: Getting Wisdom Teeth Pulled 😫 😰

Those shots are gonna hurt like a b*tch. Brace yourself.

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Will you be on general anesthesia?

Best pre-op precaution is to never take any alcoholic beverages even days before the extraction. Alcohol impedes absorption of anesthesia.

Post op is to always have ice packs ready. Expect a lot of bruising (since you are going to have 4 extractions), and ice packs will help alleviate the pain. The ice pack will also constrict the blood vessels in your gums thus limiting the bleeding.

As much as possible, do not chew the sponge that's going to be placed on the extraction site. Unnecessary movement can induce more trauma and delay your healing.

Increase fluid intake. Since you would be adviced to have a diet constriction, you need to increase your fluid intake to compensate for the lack of solid foods to eat. Do not use a straw when drinking, the suction required in using one would cause unnecessary pressure to your gums. Just drink from a glass.

Take your meds as prescribed. Antibiotics and pain meds are gastric irritants, so if the doc says take them after meals, take them after meals. Do not lie down immediately. Do not drink alcohol. Do not operate heavy machinery or drive because these meds are going to make you feel so damn sleepy you can fall asleep in minutes. Expect some dizziness and nausea due to the anesthesia (especially if on GA).

Rest. Get plenty of it. Do not force yourself to go to school or work a day after the extraction. Your body is still recuperating, so take it easy.

I hope you get better soon. And good luck man.

Last edited by Genrou; 07-27-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Status
    Mar 2014
    Post Thanks / Like
    Swagger

Quote Originally Posted by Strykervenom View Post
    Those shots are gonna hurt like a b*tch. Brace yourself.

I'm getting the shots after I'm knocked out with anesthesia

Quote Originally Posted by Genrou View Post
    Will you be on general anesthesia?

Best pre-op precaution is to never take any alcoholic beverages even days before the extraction. Alcohol impedes absorption of anesthesia.

Post op is to always have ice packs ready. Expect a lot of bruising (since you are going to have 4 extractions), and ice packs will help alleviate the pain. The ice pack will also constrict the blood vessels in your gums thus limiting the bleeding.

As much as possible, do not chew the sponge that's going to be placed on the extraction site. Unnecessary movement can induce more trauma and delay your healing.

Increase fluid intake. Since you would be adviced to have a diet constriction, you need to increase your fluid intake to compensate for the lack of solid foods to eat. Do not use a straw when drinking, the suction required in using one would cause unnecessary pressure to your gums. Just drink from a glass.

Take your meds as prescribed. Antibiotics and pain meds are gastric irritants, so if the doc says take them after meals, take them after meals. Do not lie down immediately. Do not drink alcohol. Do not operate heavy machinery or drive because these meds are going to make you feel so damn sleepy you can fall asleep in minutes. Expect some dizziness and nausea due to the anesthesia (especially if on GA).

Rest. Get plenty of it. Do not force yourself to go to school or work a day after the extraction. Your body is still recuperating, so take it easy.

I hope you get better soon. And good luck man.

Thank you so much man. I'll follow all the advice you gave me hope it helps. And yes I will be on general anesthesia. They will hook up an IV to my arm and I'm supposed to sleep throughout the procedure.

Status
    Oct 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by UchihaLightning View Post

I'm getting the shots after I'm knocked out with anesthesia

Thank you so much man. I'll follow all the advice you gave me hope it helps. And yes I will be on general anesthesia. They will hook up an IV to my arm and I'm supposed to sleep throughout the procedure.
    And that's the best solution, since you are going to get all wisdom teeth extracted in one sitting. I presume someone will accompany you, since you'll be incapable of driving yourself home.
    You're welcome glad I could help. :D

Last edited by Genrou; 07-27-2014 at 11:36 PM.