W Ø Я S T B Ξ H Δ V I O R Drizzy's Avatar
    Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    design ● creativity ● art

RP: Direction, Angle and Ranging

I think most of you along with myself have come up with a few of these problems in battles. I'm seeking the answers, and to discuss then with active RP members.

Ranging

First Two turns:
    [starting mid range]
    User A attacks user B with a technique which can only extend to mid range.
    User B flees to Long range so that the jutsu doesn't reach. While in the air travelling to Long range, User B attacks with a Mid range Technique ]because not fully at long range]

Second turn:
    User A flees to Long range to avoid this jutsu [at this time User B is also at Long range]

Q:How does the ranging system work from that point on?
    In that situation, the ranging system has been actually stretched to

A [short range]-Mid range-Long Range-B [Far Long Range]

Q:How can the match continue?
    Q:Does User B need to go to Long range and then attack from there?

Direction

Dodging Jutsu using Direction.
    Is this permitted?

As we all know, jutsu don't extend to the entire width of a terrain.
    For example Lightning:

User A uses [False Darkness] launching two bolts, positioned directly beside each other, say User B is at Mid Range, behind him is a cliff, USer B has no jutsu to directly counter.

Q:Can user B create a pillar beneath his feet to launch him to the left and dodge?

Situation 2

User A launches a giant fireball at User B, User B cannot flee to the next range, cannot go underground and cannot counter directly.

Q: an user B create a pillar beneath his feet to launch him in an upwards direction to go over the jutsu and land after it passes?

Angle

User A and User B, in a spar, very hot bright sun.
    User A throws some kunai at User B. User B throws his kunai at a specific angle to deflect his to the ground, the angle required to deflect in this direction to face down, would cause a deflection in the sunlight, which can temporarily take both users' vision, the reflection of Light will definately attract attention.

Q: Can this be done?

Well those are my questions, feel free to debate, this thread was geberally created to help all Rpers, the answers will be added when responded to with sufficient reasoning or proof.
    Rep for all respones

Last edited by Drizzy; 10-16-2011 at 01:44 AM.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: RP: Direction, Angle and Ranging

maybe i shoved too much questions in one thread, no one will be responding.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Ranging

If it was shot at mid range while he's moving to long, then it was shot at mid range and the opponent can go to long range and must if he decides to evade that way.

Direction

User B can make the pillar rise under his feet launching him upwards so that the attack continues underneath him and thus dodges it that way. He can move to the left or right as long as he's not in the way of the lightning when he moves thus you need to time it a little better but really he would move by 10 meters which would be more than enough to evade that attack. But that won't work for every attack tho as it depends on size of the lightning heading at him. If the bolts were 10 meters wide in width and height then no he can't and that's one big ass attack.

Angle

That would take a lot of precision and skill and a very shiny kunai made of some other material besides metal and actually that's a good idea for a cj of a special glass kunai that magnifies the suns rays to blind the opponent (should go into a lot more detail of how tho) but anyway I say, with normal kunai's, no. As they are not made of polished like enough materials.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ~Yard~ View Post
    Ranging

If it was shot at mid range while he's moving to long, then it was shot at mid range and the opponent can go to long range and must if he decides to evade that way.

Direction

User B can make the pillar rise under his feet launching him upwards so that the attack continues underneath him and thus dodges it that way. He can move to the left or right as long as he's not in the way of the lightning when he moves thus you need to time it a little better but really he would move by 10 meters which would be more than enough to evade that attack. But that won't work for every attack tho as it depends on size of the lightning heading at him. If the bolts were 10 meters wide in width and height then no he can't and that's one big ass attack.

Angle

That would take a lot of precision and skill and a very shiny kunai made of some other material besides metal and actually that's a good idea for a cj of a special glass kunai that magnifies the suns rays to blind the opponent (should go into a lot more detail of how tho) but anyway I say, with normal kunai's, no. As they are not made of polished like enough materials.
    I don't get what you're saying for the range.

Although the rest seems reasonable.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Drizzy~ View Post
    I don't get what you're saying for the range.

Although the rest seems reasonable.
    If it was shot at mid range while he's moving to long, then it was still shot at mid range and you need to evade it like you would. It doesn't matter if he was moving to long because he was at mid range when he shot it but it also depends on the technique. If it's something like a fireball attack that requires fire to be exhaled constantly that only reaches up to mid range and he's moving to long range then by the time it reaches near you with him moving backwards in unison, it will not reach you. But for attacks that are like projectiles-ish that doesn't require a constant source of power like fireball jutsu does and comes at the opponent by it's self and it was shot from mid range then yes, you will have to evade that by going to long range if it's limited to mid range if you choose to evade like that. But you have to take time of handseals and other things into account if the attack requires it.