Status
    Back for the most part

Agnes builds rock forts with Thunderbolt

*Agnes yawns as she arrives at the training ground, it being early in the morning. Today's the start of her training in the final element, earth.*

Status
    Sep 2011
    Premeditated Murder.

Re: Agnes builds rock forts with Thunderbolt

Hello student/s and welcome to your training class. I thunderbolt will be your teacher and the one with the responsibility to teach you the techniques and help you master the element, while making sure you understand all the workings and uses of It. Being this our first class I want you to tell me in details some information to the element you will be learning. I have your training thread subscribed to and would be notified when you reply, I ask that you don’t bug me or remind me for training, unless 6 days has passed since my last reply, at which point you should send me a VM/PM.

1. What Is ----------Release and what are the applications
    2. What Makes ------------ Release So Special Or Unique?
    3. What are ------------ Release strengths and weaknesses? And possible combinations?
    4. List 10 users Shown in the Anime/Manga Capable of using --------------Release
    5. Which Hand seals are Commonly Associated with ---------------- Release?
    6. List 10 techniques Shown in the Anime/Manga of ---------------- Techniques.

Note: The “-------------” Refers to the element you are training/learning. For Example “ earth “ release, In this case the word “ earth“ replaces the“ --------” The “Release” is a synonym used interchangeably with the word “Element.” So when I talk about release it means such element too.

Status
    Back for the most part

1. What Is earth Release and what are the applications

Doton is the utilization of the earth for numerous avenues advantageous to a shinobi, including creating weaponry (such as canes, shields, or armor), walls, barriers, tunnels, or holes. It can also be used to create golems, wheels, boulders, and rock avalanches. You can also use Doton for traveling through the ground, giving a shinobi the advantage of stealth.

There are two chief forms of Doton, one of which can be made without earth around you, and the other dependent of the earth itself. Centrally, most Doton jutsus depend on there being earth around for the best effective usage of Doton, as one cannot create a Doton wall while in the middle of a lake, but nor can it be easily made in the middle of a desert or a glacier. Yet, much more effective Doton jutsus can be done in a rocky canyon, as earth is truly surrounding you in that instance. Thus, Doton shares an ironic weakness with Suiton, in that many jutsus are dependent upon the environment for its most effective usages.

Yet, not all jutsus are like this. Some, such as the Dropping Lid and Mud Fall jutsus, are created directly from the user's chakra, and thus can be used in most environments.

2. What Makes earth Release So Special Or Unique?

Doton, in a truly suitable environment, has a plethora of creative usages, depending on the shinobi using it. While it may not have the pure power of Katon or Raiton, it has the versatility that those two elements lack, and hence is very potent for most fights.

3. What are earth Release strengths and weaknesses? And possible combinations?

Doton is strong against Suiton, as it blocks the flow of water and thus prevents Suiton from approaching the user of the doton and also weakens the Suiton jutsu by slowing down its flow, thus reducing its ability of damage the doton user. Doton can also be used to capture the Suiton jutsu through the creating of tunnels and ponds, thus forcing the Suiton jutsu to be funneled away from the Doton user. Doton is weak against Raiton, as earth is capable of conducting electricity, but imperfectly, thus electricity causes the earth to be damaged and destroy as it conducts the electricity. This is unlike Suiton, which is a more perfect conductor of electricity, and thus doesn't get damaged as it does so. Doton combines with Katon to form both Steel and Lava release , it combines with Suiton to form wood release and it combines with Raiton to form blast release. It also combines with Katon and Fuuton to form dust release. Doton and also be used in conjuction with Suiton jutsus to form mud, but this isn't a kekkei genkai, but rather a natural result of water soaking the earth through a heavy deluge of it. Doton can also be harden through the strategic use of fire, and propel at greater speeds and distances through the use of wind. However, the antagonistic nature of Doton and Raiton makes using the two in a combination difficult, and thus I don't know of any methods to do so currently.

4. List 10 users Shown in the Anime/Manga Capable of using earth Release

Ten shinobi seen to have the implicit capacity of utilizing doton are Hiruzen Sarutobi, Orochimaru, Onoki, Deidara, Kakuzu, Kitsuchi, Kurotsuchi, Jiraiya, Hashirama Senju, and Yamato. Some of these shinobi, such as Hiruzen Sarutobi, Yamato, and Onoki have been shown to have used numerous jutsus from Doton for numerous purposes, such as Hiruzen creating walls from mud, Onoki increasing and decreasing the weight and density of materials, and Yamato using it to create holes in the ground, travel through the ground, and create passages to block jutsus. Other shinobi have an implicit ability to utilize doton because of how their kekkei genkais are formed, such as Hashirama and Deidara, neither of which have been shown to have utilized doton in the manga proper, yet have kekkei genkai (wood for Hashirama, and blast for Deidara) that are formed partially from doton.

5. Which Hand seals are Commonly Associated with earth Release?

Snake on its own (Mostly C-B rank jutsus, or at the end of higher ranked jutsus); Dog, Horse and/or Tiger handseals in any portion of a handseal sequence of any rank(most of the time); also common is slamming your hands onto the ground to create the jutsu, this is commonly associated with walls or barrier type doton jutsus.

6. List 10 techniques Shown in the Anime/Manga of earth Techniques.

(In list format for the sake of simplicity)

Earth release shadow clone: Orochimaru in his fight against Hiruzen

Earth release earth style wall: Hiruzen to defend against edo Tobirama’s Water Shock Wave jutsu

Earth release earth flow divide: Used by Yamato to clear a path from Itachi’s Amaterasu during his and Naruto’s chase for Sasuke

Earth release swamp of the underworld: Used by Jiraiya to capture Orochimaru’s snake summonings during the fight of the three Sannin

Earth release golem technique: Used by Onoki to break down a wall in order to approach Sasuke during the Kage summit

Earth release added weight rock technique: Used by Onoki in order to stop a white zetsu clone during the Kage summit

Earth release ultra-added weight rock technique: Used by Onoki in order to destroy the second Mizukage’s clam summoning

Earth release hiding like a mole technique: A generally commonly used jutsu by numerous shinobi, most notably Orochimaru and Obito Uchiha

Earth release double decapitation suicide technique: Kakashi used this in his first fight against Sasuke Uchiha and the other members of team seven when they were trying to acquire the two bells that Kakashi had

Earth release earth shore return: Jirobo used this to defend from Kiba’s attack

Last edited by JJUif; 11-05-2014 at 03:20 AM.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Premeditated Murder.

Strengths and weaknesses are measured into one rank difference between both releases. Double strength or double weakness means two rank difference instead of one (basically meaning "very strong" or "very weak").

Example:

Element X is Strong against Element Z and Weak against Element W while being neutral to Element Y

This means that an A-Rank Element X technique can only be stopped by a S-Rank Element Z technique. On the other hand, a B-Rank Element W Technique will stop an A-Rank Element X technique. An A-Rank Element X technique will be stopped by an A-Rank Element Y technique.
    Understand?

Status
    Back for the most part

Yes I do..

Status
    Sep 2011
    Premeditated Murder.

(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
    Type: Attack/Defence
    Range: Short-Mid
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage Points: 20
    Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth.

Feel free to stop me at any point if you have any questions.

1.Focus and concentrate your chakra beneath the ground, directly where you stand, and cause a small pillar of earth to erupt from the ground and lift you upwards.

Status
    Back for the most part

*Agnes nods as she is given her instructions. Seems simple, but as this is her first attempt of Doton manipulation, some thought needs to be given in regards to this request. She picks up a little of dirt from in front of her with his right hand as she begins to think.*

So, the request is as follows, I need to create a pillar of earth below me in order to lift me up... Now, the best approach isn't to create one out of thin air, as that's both liable to tipping over as well as an improper usage of the environment. Instead, I should utilize the earth to create this pillar. But how... perhaps by concentrating and clumping the earth together first, with the lowest portion being the thickest part, and then pushing it upwards by deconcentrating the lowest portion, it might create a proper enough pillar to allow me to sit down. Well, it's worth a shot.

*Agnes holds the earth, concentrating chakra into her palms as she tries to morph it into what she would anticipate to be Doton chakra. She feels the earth, noting how easily it clumps and how cold and wet it feels... and yet, there's life and vitality in the earth, almost breathing. She smiles, thinking she understood this chakra, and stomped both of her palms onto the ground about one foot in front of her, both of her thumbs touching each other at their tips, and her fingers facing inwards. This sent chakra into the ground, causing it to clump together, with the lowest portion clumping the thickest. She then release the stored chakra in the lowest portion by raising her palms while still touching the ground with her fingers. This, unexpectingly, causes the ground to raise quickly, forming a pillar about six feet tall, with about a four inch addition from her total circumference.*

*This allows her to sit somewhat comfortably on the pillar, with her right leg over her left leg. She smiles at her senpai, hoping that this to his satisfaction.*

"I hope that this is what you hoped for."

*She began to twiddle her thumbs as she says this.*

Status
    Sep 2011
    Premeditated Murder.

Quote Originally Posted by JJUif View Post
    *Agnes nods as she is given her instructions. Seems simple, but as this is her first attempt of Doton manipulation, some thought needs to be given in regards to this request. She picks up a little of dirt from in front of her with his right hand as she begins to think.*

So, the request is as follows, I need to create a pillar of earth below me in order to lift me up... Now, the best approach isn't to create one out of thin air, as that's both liable to tipping over as well as an improper usage of the environment. Instead, I should utilize the earth to create this pillar. But how... perhaps by concentrating and clumping the earth together first, with the lowest portion being the thickest part, and then pushing it upwards by deconcentrating the lowest portion, it might create a proper enough pillar to allow me to sit down. Well, it's worth a shot.

*Agnes holds the earth, concentrating chakra into her palms as she tries to morph it into what she would anticipate to be Doton chakra. She feels the earth, noting how easily it clumps and how cold and wet it feels... and yet, there's life and vitality in the earth, almost breathing. She smiles, thinking she understood this chakra, and stomped both of her palms onto the ground about one foot in front of her, both of her thumbs touching each other at their tips, and her fingers facing inwards. This sent chakra into the ground, causing it to clump together, with the lowest portion clumping the thickest. She then release the stored chakra in the lowest portion by raising her palms while still touching the ground with her fingers. This, unexpectingly, causes the ground to raise quickly, forming a pillar about six feet tall, with about a four inch addition from her total circumference.*

*This allows her to sit somewhat comfortably on the pillar, with her right leg over her left leg. She smiles at her senpai, hoping that this to his satisfaction.*

"I hope that this is what you hoped for."

*She began to twiddle her thumbs as she says this.*
    You will use this template when replying from now on.
    How will Use This Jutsu In Battle
    -3 advantages and disadvantages

-How would you defend/counter/exploit the jutsu if used on you

-Questions and what ifs

-You Performing The Jutsu.
    Creatively Combine these jutsu with one other technique.
    Very Good. Henceforth you will be using this template above when learning the techniques.

Now for the next technique. First i want you using the hiding like a mole technique to go under the ground. You do this by channeling your chakra into the ground and physically digging into it. Its a very good jutsu especially when it comes to evasion of techniques. Although note you can only use earth based techniques while underground.

Now for the second technique which makes use of the hiding like a mole technique, i want you to emerge from the ground directly
    beneath my clone and drag his foot down, along with his body into the ground leaving only his head above.
    -Creates A Clone-

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
    Type: Supplementary
    Range: Long
    Chakra cost: 15
    Damage points: N/A
    Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth. While inside the earth, the user cannot make handseals and can only use Earth techniques below C-Rank. If he tries to do a higher ranked technique, he'll disrupt the Hiding like a mole technique and be left crushed.

(Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
    Range: Short
    Chakra Cost: 10
    Damage Points: N/A
    Description: The user, emerging from the ground below the target area, pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move, the opponent can easily be decapitated or tortured.
    Note: user must already be underground through the use of (Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique

Status
    Back for the most part

OOC: Would you mind if I shifted around the template slightly as long as I still answer everything on it?

Status
    Sep 2011
    Premeditated Murder.

Quote Originally Posted by JJUif View Post
    OOC: Would you mind if I shifted around the template slightly as long as I still answer everything on it?
    No I don't. As long as you answer every question appropriately. Also feel free to stop me at any point to ask questions.

Status
    Back for the most part

My deepest apologies that this is as late as it is.

Now for the next technique. First i want you using the hiding like a mole technique to go under the ground. You do this by channeling your chakra into the ground and physically digging into it. Its a very good jutsu especially when it comes to evasion of techniques. Although note you can only use earth based techniques while underground.

Now for the second technique which makes use of the hiding like a mole technique, i want you to emerge from the ground directly beneath my clone and drag his foot down, along with his body into the ground leaving only his head above.
    -Creates A Clone-

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
    Range: Long
    Chakra cost: 15
    Damage points: N/A
    Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth. While inside the earth, the user cannot make handseals and can only use Earth techniques below C-Rank. If he tries to do a higher ranked technique, he'll disrupt the Hiding like a mole technique and be left crushed.

(Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
    Range: Short
    Damage Points: N/A
    Description: The user, emerging from the ground below the target area, pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move, the opponent can easily be decapitated or tortured.
    Note: user must already be underground through the use of (Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique

This jutsu, in theory, is a perfect jutsu to be used to evade jutsus, route the opponent, and then counter with your own jutsus. It can also be to track opponents, scout the area for traps or hidden clones, make a hasty retreat while evading and losing your opponent, hide clones, hide traps, and so on and so forth. But in actuality, much of the usage of this jutsu is neutered by several things, including ground destabilization, hefty lag time, and jutsu restrictions when using this jutsu.

First, if the opponent gains awareness of your usage of this jutsu, whether it be by seeing you perform it, them metagaming guessing that you’re in the ground, using Rain of Will at the start of the battle to track you, them utilizing sensory ninjutsu to track you, or them using a dojutsu to find you, they can merely use a high rank Doton jutsu (B or above) and destabilize the ground around you, thus crushing you effortlessly. They can also aim a wide range Raiton jutsu (such as the Lightning Horn jutsu) and accomplish much the same. They can also harden the ground above you, or make it difficult to climb out of (by, for example, creating a pool above you using the Waterfall Basin jutsu or the Syrup Catchfield jutsu, or hardening through a combo lava-water technique), thus making it impossible for you to climb out of, thus suffocating you.

The second thing to keep in mind is the lag time behind this jutsu. Any jutsu that is not space-time ninjutsu always hold a lag time between when the chakra concentration is initiated and when the jutsu is fully performed, thus a shinobi needs to be responsible in regards to fully figuring out the proper time to utilize a jutsu. In regards to this jutsu, the lag time consists of first weakening the ground and then physically digging through it. This cannot be reduced through Doton specialization, and thus weakens its ability to be a spontaneous counter against swifter jutsu types, such as Raiton or Fuuton.

This final thing to keep in mind is that this jutsu holds the restriction of the jutsu variety available to be used while this jutsu is in use. While this jutsu is in use, only C-Rank and below Doton jutsus that do not utilize Hand Seals can be used, as any other element, or any higher rank Doton jutsu, will destabilize the ground, thus killing the user immediately. This jutsu, hence, needs some forethought before usage, but is still capable of being used properly. For example, it can be used for supplementary defense, or for scouting an area out in advance, or for spying against inexperienced shinobi, or for creating traps esoterically, etc. Just keep track of the skill level of the shinobi in the surrounding area, as any experienced shinobi will have numerous jutsus capable of crushing any shinobi using this jutsu pretty swiftly I’m afraid .-..

Advantages:

1.) This jutsus holds one of the highest variety of usages I’ve seen so far, thus allowing it a form of versatility seen very infrequently
    2.) This jutsu allows for adaptability in terms of current usage. In other words, it can change from a defensive usage to a trap creation usage without any form of change in regards of how this jutsu is performed (no new hand seals, no additional chakra usage, etc.)
    3.) This jutsu allows one to sense the opponent’s location without a concurrent jutsu being used, thus making this jutsu efficient for tracking the opponent

Disadvantages:

1.) This jutsu is completely useless against sensory or dojutsu shinobi, as it doesn’t hide your chakra, but only your body
    2.) This jutsu carries a hefty lag time, thus preventing instantaneous usages, limiting its potential for non-supplementary evasions and defenses
    3.) This jutsu, because of its lack time and requirement for physical motion for usage, is extremely poor for close quarter usage or offensive supplementation

This jutsu is easily counter by using a ground base Raiton jutsu, such as the Lightning Surge jutsu, or by destabilizing the ground through your own Doton jutsu. Much of the rest has already been explained throughout the rest of the explanation of this jutsu.

*Agnes first funnels chakra through her feet, sending it into the ground; this weakens the dirt below her, turning the thicker, harsher dirt into a finer, sand-quality material that allows for easier digging. She then crouches onto the ground and begins to dig, forming a clawing formation with both of her palms facing away from each other and her fingers being bent. She first pushes forward with her hands and then swings them away from the new tunnel, thus allowing her to dig. It’s swift enough to allow herself to be completely submerged within a few seconds, about six feet into the ground. As she digs that deep, the sand envelops her, thus covering her location and covering her tracks.*

This jutsu is best combined with other jutsus that can hide your location concurrently as this jutsu is being implemented, given that this jutsu takes a bit in order for it to be utilized, and this, thus, gives the opponent an opportunity to ascertain your location as you implement this jutsu. For example, by using the Hidden Mist jutsu before implementing this jutsu, you limit the opponent’s visibility, thus initially hide your location, and then by utilizing this jutsu, you can further hide your location, thus compounding the opponent’s difficulty in regards to finding out your current whereabouts. You can further compound this by utilizing the Hidden Mist Eye Sight Depravation jutsu, thus literally blinding your opponents before you use this jutsu. Mind, this combo is best applied if you wish to avoid an opponent whom is aware of your presence, and isn’t very applicable for defensive scenarios.

For defensive scenarios, in which the opponent is already aware of your presence, but you still wish to utilize this jutsu, it’s best used in conjunction with a jutsu that has the potentiality of blinding the opponent while still countering the jutsu that they utilized. For example, if they used a Katon jutsu, say the Great Fireball jutsu, you should use a Suiton jutsu that doesn’t depend upon any streaming application, such as the Water Shock Wave jutsu, in order to create steam from the jutsus collision, which may just blind the opponent long enough to allow you to use this jutsu. Or you can create a Doton wall to, say, block an opponent’s Water Shock Wave jutsu, and then use this jutsu to allow any residual water to flow away above you. Mind, always be aware of the opponent’s visibility when you use this jutsu, and never use it when they are perfectly aware of the usage of this jutsu.

-Questions and what ifs

None currently with this jutsu.

This jutsu is honestly not good, but it can be used to stop an opponent in their tracks, and then punish them quite severely through many different jutsus. But yeah, you really shouldn’t use this jutsu, for reasons I’ll expatiate below.

Advantages:

1.) You can roleplay as Kakashi in the middle of your battle, and be sooooo cool while doing so :D.
    2.) You can enjoy your death as people metagame their way out of the jutsu
    3.) It’ll be fun, and you can make some tea to boot :D :D :D

Disadvantages:

1.) You literally lose every advantage the Hiding Like a Mole jutsu granted you, meaning the ability of stealth, of evasion, and of esoterically tracking the opponent, in order to set up an offensive attack. The problem with this is that this jutsu is actually restricted against a proper offensive set-up because of its limitations to just C-Rank and below Doton jutsus, and even then only those that don’t use handseals. Thus, you have no method to quickly combo with it without literally climbing out of the hole in order to use a jutsu, thus allowing a clever opponent to literally climb their way out by using their own Hiding Like a Mole jutsu. Even better, if it fails to submerge them, as it probably would, you would immediately be countered by a Raiton jutsu, and because you cannot use a Fuuton jutsu to counter it, or else you would be crushed by your own jutsu, you’ll get electrocuted. Finally, the opponent can play the irony card and kill you, utilizing this very jutsu. This just isn’t the right jutsu to use I’m afraid for most cases, but it isn’t the worst idea, just not with the Hiding Like a Mole jutsu, just a poor combo choice.

You can counter this jutsu in the exact same way as the Digging Like a Mole jutsu, with the added bonus of knowing exactly where the opponent is, thus taking the guessing work out of the equation.

*Agnes, after she successfully submerges into the ground, senses the presence of a nearby shinobi snacking on her granola bars, a completely unacceptable situation.

This jutsu, if you miraculously manage to pull it off, can be combined with a usage of a ground based Raiton jutsu, such as the Lightning Surge jutsu, to electrocuted them, or you can use a Suiton jutsu, such as the Hand of Waves jutsu, to drown them, or you can use a Katon jutsu, such as the Fire Breath jutsu, to burn them to a crisp.

-Questions and what ifs

I have no questions with this jutsu.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Premeditated Murder.

1.Pick up a small chunk of rock with your hand then using chakra and shape manipulation to shape it into a staff. Use the staff to attack my clone, use it creatively! *Creates Clone*

2.For the second technique focus your chakra into your arm and then release your chakra creating rings made out of earth which you direct towards my second clone. *Creates Second Clone*

(Doton: Gansetsukon) - Earth Release: Rock Section Cane
    Type: Supplementary/Offense
    Range: Short (Mid on throw)
    Damage Points: 20
    Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.

( Doton: Iwa Rendan ) - Earth Release: Rock Barrage

Type: Offensive
    Range: Short – Mid
    Chakra cost: 10
    Damage points: 20
    Description: The user will concentrate their chakra into their arm and then release their chakra creating a ring of rocks that are then flung at the opponent.