Hybrid View

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Akatsuki - Who remains? Why are they there? Theories welcome :)

Akatsuki

Pein: [Wants to control the Tailed Beasts in order to control war and profit from it, thus eliminate pain and suffering] We've known this for a long time...

Konan: [She blindly follows Nagato!]
    She is too overwhelmed by everything that has happened since she was a child, and is in a state of perpetual shock.

Kisame: [his motivation seems to be just to fight!]
    Was partnered with Itachi, never seen him fight 100% Might just like fighting for the sake of fighting (like Kenpachi in Bleach)... However, he seems to want direction in his fighting... when Tobi revealed himself as Madara, he was relieved to see that someone with brains was behind his actions...

Zetzu: [He has nothing better to do?]
    Ultimate two-faced villain. He seems to blatantly obey and betray both Madara and Pein to eachother... as if he is controlling the situation. Think of all the random battles he goes to... and who sent him to watch... But WHY does he go along with everything?

Madara/Tobi: [We don't know his motives]
    We don't know if Madara is immortal, or just attached himself to a new body like Orochimaru and Kabuto. We don't know why Madara decided to create Akatsuki. We don't know if Madara is the influence that pushed Pein in the direction he is going...

* We do know that Madara is the mastermind behind all of this... and that he is using each of the Akatsuki members in a certain manner... to what end for each of them though...

Konan - is alive as a trump card against Pein
    Pein - is alive in order to do the extractions
    Kisame - is alive because he is powerful... AND IDK???
    Zetzu - is alive because he spies for Madara
    Sasuke - is alive beacuse.... IDK IDK???? Madara does have a BIG plan for him though, because Zetzu was watching Sasuke ever since his first fight with Naruto...

Status
    Dec 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Remember when in the anime, Hidan started argueing with Pain?

That was when the leader started that huge speach and at one point he said everyone's intentions by being in Akatsuki.

I don't remember what they were and i'm too lazy to look for the episode.

Cheers.

Status
    Apr 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Let's count Kabuto in this discussion as well, as I think he knows something about Konoha and Akatsuki that we don't know.

Kisame.... wtf is his secret mission? Why is it hard for him to "move around" throughout Akatsuki before he found out Madara was Tobi?

Status
    Sep 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by leonmccash View Post
    Akatsuki

Pein: [Wants to control the Tailed Beasts in order to control war and profit from it, thus eliminate pain and suffering] We've known this for a long time..

My thoughts it that Pein doesn't want to control war or anything like that. I think he just want to control the Tailed Beasts chakra in order to do an HUGE Shinra Tensei (you see, the Shinra Tensei costs a lot of chakra, and shortens lifetime too), destroying all ninja world...

Just a thought though.. Any opinions?

Regards and Merry Xmas

Status
    Jul 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coming home after my sage-like
    journey.

Pein: [Wants to control the Tailed Beasts in order to control war and profit from it, thus eliminate pain and suffering] We've known this for a long time...
    I agree, he doesn't want to control war ultimately, but have a unstoppable force that can wipe out entire villages to discourage war, much like the nuclear weapon was ironically a peacemaker due to the threat of mutual destruction.

Konan: [She blindly follows Nagato!]
    She is too overwhelmed by everything that has happened since she was a child, and is in a state of perpetual shock.
    I don't think it's blindly. As the angel of god she has great standing. I think she has faith in Pein as a god, and as the angel of that god she is blessed.

Kisame: [his motivation seems to be just to fight!]
    Was partnered with Itachi, never seen him fight 100% Might just like fighting for the sake of fighting (like Kenpachi in Bleach)... However, he seems to want direction in his fighting... when Tobi revealed himself as Madara, he was relieved to see that someone with brains was behind his actions...
    He's got to be the strongest of the seven swordsmen of the mist. His motivations are too clouded for me. Without a doubt he enjoys fighting his way through things rather than the alternative route if he can. He may be the strongest water user, but against the Sharingan he would be annihilated (see him against Kakashi pre-time skip). I think he was a friend to Itachi ultimately, and now serves as right-hand man to Madara his Mizukage.

Zetzu: [He has nothing better to do?]
    Ultimate two-faced villain. He seems to blatantly obey and betray both Madara and Pein to eachother... as if he is controlling the situation. Think of all the random battles he goes to... and who sent him to watch... But WHY does he go along with everything?
    I think Zetsu really enjoys watching all the great fights, and as a bonus he gets to eat the loser often.
    Madara/Tobi: [We don't know his motives]
    We don't know if Madara is immortal, or just attached himself to a new body like Orochimaru and Kabuto. We don't know why Madara decided to create Akatsuki. We don't know if Madara is the influence that pushed Pein in the direction he is going...

* We do know that Madara is the mastermind behind all of this... and that he is using each of the Akatsuki members in a certain manner... to what end for each of them though...

Konan - is alive as a trump card against Pein
    Pein - is alive in order to do the extractions
    Kisame - is alive because he is powerful... AND IDK???
    Zetzu - is alive because he spies for Madara
    Sasuke - is alive beacuse.... IDK IDK???? Madara does have a BIG plan for him though, because Zetzu was watching Sasuke ever since his first fight with Naruto...
    Sasuke and Madara are there to use each other. I think he's had plans for Sasuke before Orochimaru ever did.

It's certainly interesting to speculate though. reps

Status
    Sep 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Zetsu is alive is because he's the leader!!! I've said it more than once!