Quote Originally Posted by kadowade View Post
    oh lol, well idk what his problem was
    He's just a mad little man.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Atheism

atheism is jus not believing in god.. its going to the park instead of going to church on sunday mornings, its celebrating in our uncertainty rather than fighting over our beliefs, its having insightful curiosity instead of blind faith, its being proactive with our problems instead of praying, its believing we control our own path instead of something alrdy having a plan for us, its feeling lucky and grateful that we have this short life, and not being so arrogant and vain in wishing for an eternal one in a paradise, feeling lucky that in this giant universe with hundreds of galaxies that we have this one tiny insignificant planet to live on, its appreciating the mysterious beauty of nature and space, how impossible it is to comprehend everything, but to try anyways.. this is atheism, and its a truly liberating feeling that i wish all people could experience..

Status
    Nov 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    Princess of Kumogakure

Quote Originally Posted by 8thHokage View Post
    atheism is jus not believing in god.. its going to the park instead of going to church on sunday mornings, its celebrating in our uncertainty rather than fighting over our beliefs, its having insightful curiosity instead of blind faith, its being proactive with our problems instead of praying, its believing we control our own path instead of something alrdy having a plan for us, its feeling lucky and grateful that we have this short life, and not being so arrogant and vain in wishing for an eternal one in a paradise, feeling lucky that in this giant universe with hundreds of galaxies that we have this one tiny insignificant planet to live on, its appreciating the mysterious beauty of nature and space, how impossible it is to comprehend everything, but to try anyways.. this is atheism, and its a truly liberating feeling that i wish all people could experience..
    100% agree with this guy and what he says

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Do you believe there is a devil?

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello, I'm Marquise. How are
    you?

Presumably, Shit happens ( Bad luck ) = Devil, in Atheistic terms...

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

hah, why would i believe in that and not god? i dont believe in any gods, the devil, ghosts, karma, angels, spirits, etc.. nothing superstitious..

NB's Shameless Flirt IntrovertedKittenNinja's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I'm sure Hypey is just trolling. I mean no one legitimately thinks people coming from monkeys is the gist of evolution! That would be idiotic! ...Right? Right!

Hah! He sure got me for a second though... xD

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

hah, why would i believe in that and not god? i dont believe in any gods, the devil, ghosts, karma, angels, spirits, etc.. nothing superstitious..
    Ohh. I do believe theres a God and A Devil, and I respect what you believe.
    But not karma....lol

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Ohh. I do believe theres a God and A Devil, and I respect what you believe.
    But not karma....lol
    its not a belief, its reality.. i dont believe things that dont have evidence or proof.. so really i dont believe in anything, i jus live in the real world.. believing karma is just as rational as believing in the god and the devil...

Last edited by 8thHokage; 10-28-2011 at 02:26 AM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I know some of you have strong feelings on this subject and i mean no offence but a discussion like this is 100% useless. No one can prove that they're right. honestly no one needs to accept another's beliefs. we all need to accept that everyone has a belief of their own and that we should avoid trying to convert others or force our beliefs/religion on other people

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

its not a belief, its reality.. i dont believe things that dont have evidence or proof.. so really i dont believe in anything, i jus live in the real world.. believing karma is just as rational as believing in the god and devil...
    ehh it don't make sense to me lol. Maybe im 2 young right now, But i think theres some higher power over us. i don't think we was created outta nowere or monkeys.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by sharinganenvy View Post
    I know some of you have strong feelings on this subject and i mean no offence but a discussion like this is 100% useless. No one can prove that they're right. honestly no one needs to accept another's beliefs. we all need to accept that everyone has a belief of their own and that we should avoid trying to convert others or force our beliefs/religion on other people
    saying that having a discussion on a subject that is so critical and carries so much weight in todays society is pretty weak man... we have to talk about these things, there should be no taboo subjects.. and its actually pretty damn important when certain beliefs kill people or spread cancerous ideas that affect people in a very negative way.. its attitudes like yours that are useless and deter intellectual progress

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Meh. I could give a sh*t what other people believe in really. If it doesn't harm anyone, or inconvenience another person in any way, they could believe in the one eyed spaghetti monster or lord jashin. lol.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by IntrovertedKittenNinja View Post
    Meh. I could give a sh*t what other people believe in really. If it doesn't harm anyone, or inconvenience another person in any way, they could believe in the one eyed spaghetti monster or lord jashin. lol.
    You have uh cute ass avatar'

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

ehh it don't make sense to me lol. Maybe im 2 young right now, But i think theres some higher power over us. i don't think we was created outta nowere or monkeys.
    if we were created, then who created your higher power? saying that we are created out of nowhere is just as rational as saying that god is created out of nowhere. no offense, just showing you a diff point of view

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    We Do Not Sow

Atheism is simply the lack of belief in a God.

There really isn't much more to say about it, because outside of that one thing an atheist can believe in any philosophy or set of morals. Every atheist is going to have a different answer.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

yaaa, you are obviously young.. i guess its pretty normal to have your beliefs, and its understandable why you think that.. your pretty uninformed right now, but hopefully you'll learn more about evolution and the universe as you get older.. jus to get you started, we didnt come from monkeys, we came from a common ancestor that we share with monkeys, its a completely different thing, i suggest you look up some stuff on evolution and genetic variation.. or take a higher level biology class in school..

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

You have uh cute ass avatar'
    lol! thanks.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

saying that having a discussion on a subject that is so critical and carries so much weight in todays society is pretty weak man... we have to talk about these things, there should be no taboo subjects.. and its actually pretty damn important when certain beliefs kill people or spread cancerous ideas that affect people in a very negative way.. its attitudes like yours that are useless and deter intellectual progress
    It is very important, i'm not trying to belittle your beliefs. and you're right, these beliefs do start wars and create negative feelings between people. and that's my point.

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by IntrovertedKittenNinja View Post
    it does harm millions of people tho =// catholics cause millions of people too die in africa because they say condoms are the work of the devil, and that that they are wat spread aids.. this has been said by the pope.. christian lobbyist groups block legislation that would fund scientific research that could help millions of people and save lives, like stem cell research.. religious groups also present ignorant people with harmful information, like creationist theories, which is jus ridiculous and brings down the overall intelligence of our population.. somethings gotta give..

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by sharinganenvy View Post
    It is very important, i'm not trying to belittle your beliefs. and you're right, these beliefs do start wars and create negative feelings between people. and that's my point.
    ohhh, sorry than.. i thought you were saying we shouldnt have these discussions.. i jus want people to think more critically about there beliefs cause in most cases, it is hurting people.. i kno its a pretty radical idea i hold, but i jus think all religion needs to end..

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Im a atheist but i never put down anyone else's belief.

One thing i do hate is when people try and turn you to there belief's, like the people who come to your door and start telling you you will burn in hell unless you accept god,allah, david bowie.

I've always wanted to go to there door and shout "YOUR GOD IS THE WORST PERSON EVER FOR SENDING YOUR SON/ALLAH/DAVID BOWIE TO EARTH JUST TO GET HUNG ON A CROSS FOR MY SINS, THAT I NEVER EVEN NEW ABOUT UNTILL HIM, AS I WAS QUIET HAPPY TO GO ABOUT MY DAY WITHOUT THE THOUGHT OFF GETTING ASS RAPPED BY HITLER IN HELL "

But that would be counter productive wouldnt it

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

Why is 8th hokage the only to answer my question? And guess what? I understand Evolution, I was being sarcastic as I said in my last reply to 8th Hokage.

Anyone else like to contribute??

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Why is 8th hokage the only to answer my question? And guess what? I understand Evolution, I was being sarcastic as I said in my last reply to 8th Hokage.

Anyone else like to contribute??
    always knew you were being sarcastic