Page 22 of 27 « First ... 12181920212223242526 ... Last»
Results 421 to 440 of 530
  1. #421
    Academy Student
    Status
    Cretincrusher is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    13
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Atheism

    This Miller-Urey experiment is a very interesting one. It's testing a hypothesis of how amino acids, the building blocks of life, could, and probably did, have started their existence.

    For all who are interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miller%...rey_experiment

    Add another form of energy, like an eruption or a massive thunderstorm which weren't unusual back in the day and you have the most simple form of life A simple single celled prokaryote is born.
     
         

  2. #422
    Banned
    Status
    FitzLT is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    92
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Atheism

    I REALLY did not want to get into this conversation, but there are a few things that I need to say now--so here I go....

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly X View Post
    First of all, this thread is one of the least argumentative ever. And you have no right to speak down about it seeing as you are only a genin. Nobody is pressuring anybody. You say the creator of a thread isn't a true Christian. Yet you don't even accept others viewpoints. Re-evaluate your priorities, then come back and put up a decent argument. Because how dare you ever assume the strength of another person's faith...
    Awesome response. A thread like this should not be shutdown just because 1 or 2 people are abusive/offensive--those people should just be banned from the thread if they can not behave themselves. The sharing of ideas is one of the great strengths of being a human. Well, that and all of the technological advantages as well...:D

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoVsGoku View Post
    holy crap this is ALOT. i will try my best to make my response as general but also as specific to answer you so i can make it short cuz i cant keep up with these long repsonses lol.

    im sorry let me rephrase what i said. carbon dating, after a certain period is unreliable. it depends on what is being dated. if the thing that is being dated is about several thousands years old thats when it becomes a wild guess. than again this is what i have heard and read upon but i dont have enough knowledge to make a very good stand on this.

    also the reaosn why carbon dating is unreliable after a several thousands years is because the result of a global flood that happened years back. the Noah Fllod, or flood of the bible, this global flood is also a story that is found in all types of cultures around the world where its said everything was destroyed and only 1 family survived. there is evidence of the earth having had a global flood. anyways anything that is dated that is older than the flood period or was destroyed in the flood- the dating is not reliable.

    im going to look into this topic more and share with you what i find Typhon. cuz like i said im not too familiar with the details.

    many of the fossils found in sedimentary rocks are said to be millions and billions of years ago. wouldny these fossils be found deeper in the earth. but if dinosaurs are said to be so old based on how deep they were buried why have there been massive dinosaur graveyards found? (just google it)


    or dinosaurs fossils found with the blood cells still intact? if dinos lived millions of years ago blood cells would not still be intact at all.

    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7285683/...x-soft-tissue/

    atoms have been observed through powerful microscopes. gravity- really? i drop an apple and it falls, everytime. proof. evolution of a species to another species has never been proven and or observed. evolutoin or change or genetic variation within a species is seen in life everyday, no arguement there. but a species turning into a new one- no.

    clinging to that idea? lol thats all i need to say to debunk evolution man. living things do not come from non living things and you as smart as you are know this. if so than nowadays this should still be happening. rocks should turn into living rocks or something. the thought of it is just ridiculous alone.

    soooo what? did the food source evolve before the food ingester or vice versa? did they evolve together because it was beneficial?! did the predator and prey evolve one after another or at the same time?

    horses and whales are not examples of transitional species nor has there been any missing links found. that is fact. not false. looking at bones of a dog, whale, bat and human doesnt prove evolution. it proves that dogs, whales, bats and humans all have bones, that the structure are similar, but when you say that all comes from the same ancestor is strethcing it.

    sigh. do you even believe in abiogenesis man? let me know now.

    well if science or sciencetist cant prove abiogenesis like believers cant prove God than i guess believing abiogenesis is just as much as having a faith in it and ultimatily having faith in evolution as much as having faith in God huh.?


    the basis that sciencetists or better yet astonomers go by saying there may be. was or is life on other planets is if the planet has water. water is essiental for life, at least on our planet. but they are ASSUMING that life needs water on other planets as well.

    life on other planets is not something i am very knowledgable about anyways but you now give me more to look into. thanks.

    if you take a bunch of bones and place them in oreder of which bones come from which and take that as evidence, or dig up bones and say they come from millions of years ago based on an unreliable system than hey i guess thats proof for you than. if you dug up a watch feets beneath the earth would you conclude that it came there because minerals in the earth evolved into a watch, that nature randomly over millions of years evolved the minerals to the intricant systems that make the watch?

    also i want to admit to you that you are right. just because i say there is no proof doesnt mean its tru. i need to provide evidence to prove there is no proof. but that doesnt mean its false either.

    dna lasts for millions of years? sooooo no decay? or decomposing? they say that chimps and humans share 90-94% dna but do you know that even though humans cannot mate with a chimp and produce an offspring? (they sure as hell can mate but idk why someone would want to do that lool) why is that so? different # of chromosomes? 2 different species cannot mate to make an offspring. even a donkey and a horse can make a baby but the mule cannot reproduce itself. a tiger and a lion but the liger cannot reproduce itself. or would it take millions of years for this to be possible...?

    yes gene pools dont change over time. the genes or traits that are actually shown or expressed can be expressed for generations but that doesnt eliminate the recessive traits in a gene pool. have you ever seen a white eyed fly? probably not. but you can take red eyed flies, mate them for generations and study them and eventually come with a white eyed fly, than take all the white eyed flies and mate them until that gene in the gene pool is expressed but the red eye trait was still never eliminated from the gene pool. btw i did this fly experiment. speaking from experience

    found another way to survive?! lol. so some single stayed single cuz it suited them while some singles got fed up with being single and got together to become multi to survive?i know im making it sound ridiculous but dont you see the ridiculousness?

    what if everything you see around you, everything on this earth, non living and living were the product or creation of a entity that was far pas our own intellect. what if we were all creations, nature, and the physics of our world, from every atom and element and cell, to the order in nature and laws in science? what if this complexed and complicated world was made by an Intelligent Designer. is that as more probable than random change over millions of years? is it at least possible to you?

    let me share with you a vid full of scientists views and opinions on evolution. it doesnt prove or disporve evolution but its just the opinions of scientists that i found interesting and wanted to share. it also has the opinion of the creator of the vid which i found interesting too but you can take it how you like. its f mins long. not that long at all.


    sigh i am very sorry i couldnt keep my word and make it as short as i could. i talk way too much. it is good to debate and i appreciate the way you act during one.
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thHokage View Post
    your damn right they are.. people dont get to believe wat ever they want when those beliefs start to affect other people in a very negative way, or when those beliefs start killing people.. religious beliefs are guilty of both..
    Excellent video my friend! Please tell me where I can find that on Youtube so I can look up any related videos, kind sir. I too have read up on the issues concerning 'carbon dating'(which is one of THE primary methods of dating used today) and the amazing assumptions that are made just to even use the 'method'.

    @8thHokage,
    You sir, are the single most offensive person on this thread. Period. To call/imply that people of faith are stupid, unintelligent or uneducated is VERY biased, offensive and: stupid, unintelligent and uneducated--itself.

    In MY church alone, we have doctors, lawyers, accountants, therapists and many other people with vibrant, successful jobs. None of these people would ANYONE classify as stupid or unintelligent. Only an absolute FOOL would call them uneducated.

    I AM a believer of God and Christ and I, sir, am by no means uneducated or unintelligent. I spent ten years in the Army and am now in college pursuing a medical degree. I have researched and studied the "rational" explanations of many scientific theories--most of which suffer from many of the same gaps in logic, assumptions and, ultimately, "leaps of faith" that many Evolutionists berate people of religion on.

    I have also spent years studying a VERY WIDE variety of religions and theologies(wiccan, buddhism, doaism, hindu, muslim, jewish, christian--just for example). I challenge you to go and further your studies of this world(and the people in it) more before you open your mouth about things you clearly no nothing about.

    Let me also dispel another misconception for you. Man's history of violence and war in this world has absolutely NOTHING to do with religion. It has always come down to three basic concepts:

    1) Power(political, militaristic, etc)
    2) Money(self-explanatory)
    3) Resources(land, water, people, oil, etc)

    Man is, by its very nature, a manipulative and deceptive creature. People will use any tool necessary to trick/rally others behind them when they have an agenda. Religion, unfortunately, has also been one of those tools. But understand, it was USED--not followed. None of the major religions today openly advocate violence and bloodshed as a means of spreading their faith. So please READ THE BOOKS you so vehemently put down before you open your mouth. If not, then please don't bother to speak about them. I will also challenge you to do a little more studying of human history--specifically the wars and the politics leading up to them.

    Thank you very much sir. Have a blessed day.
     
         

  3. #423
    Member Bloody Temari's Avatar
    Status
    Bloody Temari is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    602
    Location
    Finland
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Atheism

    But have you heard about the IQ test: Atheists vs theists?
     
         

  4. #424
    Senior Member Baka Sennin's Avatar
    Status
    Baka Sennin is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    3,751
    Location
    Malta
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Atheism

    Quote Originally Posted by IntrovertedKittenNinja View Post
    That's a little misinformed though. Atheists don't believe in ANYTHING. Not because they believe there is evidence of nothing, but because there is not evidence of... err... that something. .

    Meaning to say, Atheism is not a religion, but a choice not to believe in a religion mostly because there are no empirical facts to support it.

    And yeah, I guess I agree with you on the greatest minds part? Most of the time these great minds are great minds because they came up with something totally unrelated to religion. So they could be totally religious and still create awesome stuff like robots because most of the time religion doesn't have to do with whatever thing they came up with.

    sorry I'm so vague. My brain is tired. -.-

    nah this is false, einstein for example was deeply spiritual, so was isaac newton, bacon, washington etc etc. they saw god in their work, in the mechanisms of the universe and of man.

    please note i mentioned spirituality not religion. i once heard a saying, spirituality brings man together while religion divides, which i think is kind of true. although there are still many good things in modern religion, i think their true meaning has faded away and lost priority over time.

    also i'd like to say something on science and religion never being able to reconcile, it's just a matter of science advancing enough to answer religion's questions really. we are on the verge of a huge breakthrough in knowledge
     
         

  5. #425
    Member arnierulezz's Avatar
    Status
    arnierulezz is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    762
    Location
    according to quantum mechanics I am everywhere as long as you don't observe me. just don't look up
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Atheism

    damn, this thread has exploded in a few days time
     
         

  6. #426
    UCHIHA: THE DEMON HUNTER Uchiha Paulsama's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha Paulsama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,008
    Location
    on the move
    Bushido Lifestyle
     

    Re: Atheism

    Quote Originally Posted by politaro View Post
    When is an Admin gonna block this? This is really pointless religous topics are not why i come here. Atheists need to stop being arrogant pricks, and Christians need to stop pressuring others. Me being a Christian i wish everyone would accept my beliefs, just like Atheists, we cant achive that if we bash each others egos. O and another thing if this guy who created the thread was a true Christian, then he would'nt openly mock others. Hes not a Christian, he is a hearer not a doer.


    in the bold, we all know from right and wrong, we were born and grew to know right from wrong, light and darkness.

    its more than just believing in GOD.

    its trying your best to make correct decisions. its giving GOD some of your time, GOD loved us enough to create us,and let us say what we want, and do what we want, THEE just wants us to learn,imagine if GOD controlled your every move, na instead THEE wants us to do what we wanna do,
    an choose on our own, what we wanna be,

    i know GOD is real no doubt, just because of my exp. it cant be scientific when it comes to an relationship with GOD. its faith,i believe everyperson should ask GOD to lead them to the truth

    the prob is even cristians, they get trapped and forget to ask GOD.
     
         

  7. #427
    Senior Member Hawker's Avatar
    Status
    Hawker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,033
    Location
    in sin city, as a lost soul
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Atheism

    wtf, this thread got 29 pages and 4000+ views in one day?
     
         

  8. #428
    Banned
    Status
    NarutoVsGoku is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    5,034
    Location
    Planet Vegeta
    Half Lycan Primape Giant....
    Half Canine Monsterous Demon
     

    Re: Atheism

    Quote Originally Posted by Amanwithnoplan View Post
    Right. So I didn't see that Dinosaur. So...pics or it didn't happen. A single group of people claiming to have seen something doesn't validate it. If it was a plethora of different groups reporting seeing something Dinosaur like than maybe it would be worth investigating.
    But if Dinosaurs existed with man, why don't we have more stories that include them? The Epic of Gilgamesh is the oldest recorded story, and yet there are no dinosaur references. Though there is a flood reference (I saw you mentioned this somewhere else, just giving another example).
    lol there has been many scientists and researchers you ventured into those jungles, witnessed the dinosaur and filmed it and took pics but because of the harsh conditions the pics and films werent that good and or destroyed.

    i can show you other vids that have evidence of dinosaurs exstance with man. check outthe second vid i posted.

    also the fact that there are soo many witness accounts it does validate it. it at leasts validates a good possibility.

    im glad you mentioned Gilgamesh because that too is a reference to dinosaurs. there are historical stories and accounts around the world that talks about dinosaurs, many famous people recorded their encounter with dinosaurs like Alexander the Great, Marco Polo. but the word dinosaur hasnt been use since the 1800s.

    there are many words for it like, leviathon, behemoth, fiery serphants and even Dragons!!! im sure you are most familiar with the word dragon. every culture has stories of dragons. you research and you will in fact conclude that these dragons in many of these countless accounts are in fact describing known types of dinosaurs..

    anyways look for and watch the second vid man.

    Quote Originally Posted by FitzLT View Post
    Excellent video my friend! Please tell me where I can find that on Youtube so I can look up any related videos, kind sir. I too have read up on the issues concerning 'carbon dating'(which is one of THE primary methods of dating used today) and the amazing assumptions that are made just to even use the 'method'.
    thanks man.. just youtube "ppsimons"

    its one of the best christian youtube channels. its just awesome. and you will find links of other great vids.

    also thank you for what you said to 8thhokage.. well said man

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    wtf, this thread got 29 pages and 4000+ views in one day?
    lol crazy right? check out some of the stuff i said if you can. epic
     
         

  9. #429
    Pirate Ninja Capn FlapJak's Avatar
    Status
    Capn FlapJak is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,153
    Location
    Davy Jones's Locker
    drink up me hearties, yo ho
     

    Re: Atheism

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker View Post
    wtf, this thread got 29 pages and 4000+ views in one day?
    well people have killed over this since 4ever every1 lookin 4 the answers to life i guess...?
     
         

  10. #430
    Heathen. ImmaculateShadow's Avatar
    Status
    ImmaculateShadow is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    436
    Location
    Fólkvangr
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Atheism

    Quote Originally Posted by 8thHokage View Post
    atheism isnt a belief, its non belief.. its jus being a normal rational person..
    Right! And there were never ever "normal rational" people till there were Atheists ...

    ... no wait ...

    WTH
     
         

  11. #431
    Pirate Ninja Capn FlapJak's Avatar
    Status
    Capn FlapJak is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,153
    Location
    Davy Jones's Locker
    drink up me hearties, yo ho
     

    Re: Atheism

    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaculateShadow View Post
    Right! And there were never ever "normal rational" people till there were Atheists ...

    ... no wait ...

    WTH
    well we were all born Atheists :shrug:
     
         

  12. #432
    Heathen. ImmaculateShadow's Avatar
    Status
    ImmaculateShadow is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    436
    Location
    Fólkvangr
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Atheism

    Quote Originally Posted by Capn FlapJak View Post
    well we were all born Atheists :shrug:
    Yes, that's very true - but not what I was pointing out about the statement he made.

    Instead it's like saying only Atheists are "rational normal" people.

    What he should have said is that Atheists are just like babies in the respect that nether of them have a stance on or in any system of belief.

    Just thought it was funny.
     
         
    Last edited by ImmaculateShadow; 10-29-2011 at 08:02 PM.

  13. #433
    Pirate Ninja Capn FlapJak's Avatar
    Status
    Capn FlapJak is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,153
    Location
    Davy Jones's Locker
    drink up me hearties, yo ho
     

    Re: Atheism

    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaculateShadow View Post
    Yes, that's very true - but not what I was pointing out about the statement he made.

    Instead it's like saying only Atheists are "rational normal" people.

    What he should have said is that Atheists are just like babies in the respect that nether of them have a stance on or in any system of belief.

    Just thought it was funny.
    lol i guess i live by 1 rule if human preach it dont listen god is everything >_>
     
         

  14. #434
    Luther's Avatar
    Status
    Luther is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,654
    Location
    Hungary.
    Premeditated Murder.
     



    Re: Atheism

    Atheisist repent and change ur lives believe in something i feel sorry for u all
     
         

  15. #435
    Luther's Avatar
    Status
    Luther is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,654
    Location
    Hungary.
    Premeditated Murder.
     



    Re: Atheism

    why cant Athesists believe in God why how the fkk do u think u were born
     
         

  16. #436
    NB's Shameless Flirt IntrovertedKittenNinja's Avatar
    Status
    IntrovertedKittenNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,557
    Location
    Taiwan, or Kirigakure o.o
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Atheism

    Quote Originally Posted by Baka Sennin View Post
    nah this is false, einstein for example was deeply spiritual, so was isaac newton, bacon, washington etc etc. they saw god in their work, in the mechanisms of the universe and of man.

    please note i mentioned spirituality not religion. i once heard a saying, spirituality brings man together while religion divides, which i think is kind of true. although there are still many good things in modern religion, i think their true meaning has faded away and lost priority over time.

    also i'd like to say something on science and religion never being able to reconcile, it's just a matter of science advancing enough to answer religion's questions really. we are on the verge of a huge breakthrough in knowledge
    lol what? I was talking about religion, not spirituality. yet you're saying the two are different, and go on to talk about spirituality. you pointed out a few examples, I was talking about the majority of "great minds". Unless you wanna say that the majority of great minds somehow used religion to make their discoveries.

    I think science can have whatever breakthrough it wants-- it's still not going to be able to prove whether there's a god or not. what science could prove something that by it's very nature is supposed to be improvable?

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    Atheisist repent and change ur lives believe in something i feel sorry for u all
    I feel sorry for you.
     
         

  17. #437
    Senior Member Exaar's Avatar
    Status
    Exaar is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    10,096
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Atheism

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    why cant Athesists believe in God why how the fkk do u think u were born
    well i was a little sperm in my daddys balls

    My mummy and daddy had sex, I was so over powered i got to the egg befor my other little sperm brothers and sisters, Met with An egg and 9months later BAM i was born.

    I have my mom and dad to thank for me being born they did the work not God
     
         

  18. #438
    Pirate Ninja Capn FlapJak's Avatar
    Status
    Capn FlapJak is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,153
    Location
    Davy Jones's Locker
    drink up me hearties, yo ho
     

    Re: Atheism

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    why cant Athesists believe in God why how the fkk do u think u were born
    blame my mother/father and they mother/father and i feel happy 4 myself i dont gotta waste my sundays every1 eles enjoy em
     
         

  19. #439
    Heathen. ImmaculateShadow's Avatar
    Status
    ImmaculateShadow is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    436
    Location
    Fólkvangr
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Atheism

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    why cant Athesists believe in God why how the fkk do u think u were born
    That's a fair question, but might I suggest you tell all of us how your god made you first?

    That way we can see where you are coming from.
     
         

  20. #440
    NB's Shameless Flirt IntrovertedKittenNinja's Avatar
    Status
    IntrovertedKittenNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,557
    Location
    Taiwan, or Kirigakure o.o
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Atheism

    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    why cant Athesists believe in God why how the fkk do u think u were born
    LOLOL I think, my dad boned the f*ck out of my mom and BOOM 9 months later I busted out of her vajayjay.

    You never replied to my post in your other thread. I'm curious to hear your thoughts.
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •