Page 22 of 22 « First ... 121819202122
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

Re: Atheism

Nice! I think its safe to let the thread die out now. If I have other questions regarding Atheism, I know who to ask.

Original Akatsuki Member Dragonfly X's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Like moi, for example

Banned
    Status
    Mar 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by LAD13 View Post
    My friend is atheist and he makes me look like a idiot some times. By that I mean he is smart. HE has read the Ilad and Odassey THE ILAD AND ODASSEY!!!!!!
    I read both of those books in high school, then again when I took a Greek & Roman Mythology course in college. Pretty entertaining books. Interesting to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt View Post
    Pray to ur dad not even if he was obama i will never bow my head to man the bible says blessed are those who have not seen but believe so i choose to beleive i believe in that and i will make other peeps believe that is my ninja way
    That is the wrong answer, sir. You can not "make" other people believe in your beliefs(if that is what you meant). Trying to force beliefs on others NEVER turns out positive results...only bitterness and hatred that gets passed down.

As Christians, our job is to offer to show someone The Way. The best we can do is "plant the seed" and be there for them as long as they are willing to allow us to share in their lives.

Please remember what Paul the Apostle said in 1 Corinthians 3:6-7(from the NIV version):

"I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God made it grow. So neither he who plants nor he who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow."

Quote Originally Posted by IntrovertedKittenNinja View Post
    My dad is not a Man, he is my God. It said so in MY bible. My ninja way is also to make other people believe in my God, which is my dad who created me and the universe. That's what I believe. So I think you should repent.

...I'm kidding. I don't believe that. But do you see my point? What makes your beliefs any more plausible than mine? If I was raised all my life to believe in the Church of My Dad, which has a bible and everything, who are you to make me believe otherwise?

STOP pushing your beliefs onto other people. Especially if your beliefs have no more merit than theirs. It's ignorant and makes Christians look bad. Respect other people's beliefs and ways of life, because there are so many different ways to live. Close-mindedness like yours is the reason why people use religions to spark wars or commit hate crimes or acts of prejudice.
    I have to agree with you on that one.

Romans 12:17-19(NIV version):

"Do not repay anyone evil for evil. Be careful to do what is right in the eyes of everybody. If it is possible, as far as depends on you, live at peace with everyone. Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay,' says the Lord."

2 Timothy 2:23-24(NIV version):

"Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord's servant must not quarrel; instead, he must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful."

Hebrews 12:14(NIV version):

"Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord."

Quote Originally Posted by 8thHokage View Post
    i never said people of faith were uneducated, now your jus putting words in my mouth.. idc if your church has lawyers and teachers and accountants, if they are religious and believe the bible is the word of god than they are ignorant and unintelligent in a sense.. i talked too a doctor who believed the story of noah and the arc was true, he was a very competent and smart doctor, but to believe that story obviously showed some flaws in his critical thinking skills and rationality.. Mans history of violence and war has nothing to do with religion?? thats the most ridiculous thing ive ever heard.. idk how you can say that.. there have been many wars that were a DIRECT cause of religion.. the entire era of the dark ages was a cause of religion.. the spanish inquisition, the crusades, the recent radical muslims on there quest of jihad.. and dont point out hitler and stalin as a counter example because religious people love to do that.. hitler was NOT an atheist.. he wrote essays himself about how he was doing god work to purge the world of jews, the nazis had to give a verbal oath in which they had to swear on gods name there allegiance, and the nazi uniform had god on our side or something to that effect on it.. and stalanism was practically a religion, that man was crazy and made himself into a god-like figure.. and i HAVE read those books, the bible and quran, and the disgusting, immoral, murderous passages far outshine the nice passages.. pssh, tell me too review human history, you obviously need too heed your own advice.. and ill have a good day, because i dont kno wat the f*ck a blessed day is..
    Actually, you did call religious people uneducated. Please look at this:

Quote Originally Posted by 8thHokage View Post
    yaaa, you are obviously young.. i guess its pretty normal to have your beliefs, and its understandable why you think that.. your pretty uninformed right now, but hopefully you'll learn more about evolution and the universe as you get older.. jus to get you started, we didnt come from monkeys, we came from a common ancestor that we share with monkeys, its a completely different thing, i suggest you look up some stuff on evolution and genetic variation.. or take a higher level biology class in school..
    Now please read the definition for ignorant according to Mirriam-Webster:
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ignorant

This is just one example--I can pull up others later if you really want me to. Both "destitute of knowledge or education(uneducated)" and "uninformed" are part of the definition.

You are still being offensive by implying that people of faith have some kind of deficiency in their mental capabilities for believing something that you don't. That makes you sound no better than anyone else who "pushes their belief" onto people. If you don't agree, fine. You can disagree without being condescending or insulting.

There is simply not enough time to go through the history of all of the events you listed. I will again say this: these events were NOT about religion...they were about POWER. I have studied the history of these events for years. In depth. I highly suggest you go back and redo your research. If you still don't agree, then I humbly request that we simply agree to disagree.

You say you have read the bible. No offense, but I question that statement. Most people who rebuke the bible(especially when they start talking about the "violence" the bible promotes)--are people have NOT actually sat down and read the bible all the way through. (To Everyone)Some of you may be thinking to yourselves, "who sits down and reads the bible all the way through". I understand...it is a VERY large book. It took me two months to read through the New Testament alone(the old is roughly 2.5x the size of the New). But consider this: when you receive a letter(or in these days--email or test) from someone...do you only read part of it? or the whole thing? Do you randomly select certain words or phrases and base your understanding of the entire message on those selected words/phrases? I will *safely* assume the answer is "NO". That is what the vast majority of people who speak out against the bible have done today. It is impossible to sit down and read the bible, cover-to-cover, and say that the bible is about violence, intolerance, bigotry, or any number of immoral, unfavorable behavior that humans have a tendency to exhibit. The flaw is in the messengers(humans), not the message(Bible).

To you sir, I suggest you go back and study the bible, because here is one of the numerous passages about the kind of life a true Christian is supposed to lead:

Galatians 5:22-26(NIV version):

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the sinful nature with its passions and desires. Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other."

Before you respond, please consider this:

James 2:19-20(from the NIV version):

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to be if they are religious and believe the bible is the word of god than they are ignorant and unintelligent in a sensecome angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires."

A blessed day is day where your spirit is truly at peace and full of joy. Where the simple problems of the world have no effect or bearing on the peace and joy you carry within you. Having said that, I pray you have a blessed day.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly X View Post
    Like moi, for example
    YUP!
    Quote Originally Posted by FitzLT View Post
    I don't understand that this thread has nothing to do with religion besides what the trolls have stated
    fixed

Original Akatsuki Member Dragonfly X's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

At this point, Hyperion, you should contact a mod to shut it down. It is going downhill, and you don't want all you've learned to be tainted by people who can't get along.