Page 3 of 27 « First 123456713 ... Last»
    Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

Re: Atheism

Quote Originally Posted by kadowade View Post
    ehh it don't make sense to me lol. Maybe im 2 young right now, But i think theres some higher power over us. i don't think we was created outta nowere or monkeys.
    if we were created, then who created your higher power? saying that we are created out of nowhere is just as rational as saying that god is created out of nowhere. no offense, just showing you a diff point of view

Status
    Apr 2009
    We Do Not Sow

Atheism is simply the lack of belief in a God.

There really isn't much more to say about it, because outside of that one thing an atheist can believe in any philosophy or set of morals. Every atheist is going to have a different answer.

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

ehh it don't make sense to me lol. Maybe im 2 young right now, But i think theres some higher power over us. i don't think we was created outta nowere or monkeys.
    yaaa, you are obviously young.. i guess its pretty normal to have your beliefs, and its understandable why you think that.. your pretty uninformed right now, but hopefully you'll learn more about evolution and the universe as you get older.. jus to get you started, we didnt come from monkeys, we came from a common ancestor that we share with monkeys, its a completely different thing, i suggest you look up some stuff on evolution and genetic variation.. or take a higher level biology class in school..

NB's Shameless Flirt IntrovertedKittenNinja's Avatar
    Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

You have uh cute ass avatar'
    lol! thanks.

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by 8thHokage View Post
    saying that having a discussion on a subject that is so critical and carries so much weight in todays society is pretty weak man... we have to talk about these things, there should be no taboo subjects.. and its actually pretty damn important when certain beliefs kill people or spread cancerous ideas that affect people in a very negative way.. its attitudes like yours that are useless and deter intellectual progress
    It is very important, i'm not trying to belittle your beliefs. and you're right, these beliefs do start wars and create negative feelings between people. and that's my point.

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by IntrovertedKittenNinja View Post
    Meh. I could give a sh*t what other people believe in really. If it doesn't harm anyone, or inconvenience another person in any way, they could believe in the one eyed spaghetti monster or lord jashin. lol.
    it does harm millions of people tho =// catholics cause millions of people too die in africa because they say condoms are the work of the devil, and that that they are wat spread aids.. this has been said by the pope.. christian lobbyist groups block legislation that would fund scientific research that could help millions of people and save lives, like stem cell research.. religious groups also present ignorant people with harmful information, like creationist theories, which is jus ridiculous and brings down the overall intelligence of our population.. somethings gotta give..

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by sharinganenvy View Post
    It is very important, i'm not trying to belittle your beliefs. and you're right, these beliefs do start wars and create negative feelings between people. and that's my point.
    ohhh, sorry than.. i thought you were saying we shouldnt have these discussions.. i jus want people to think more critically about there beliefs cause in most cases, it is hurting people.. i kno its a pretty radical idea i hold, but i jus think all religion needs to end..

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

Im a atheist but i never put down anyone else's belief.

One thing i do hate is when people try and turn you to there belief's, like the people who come to your door and start telling you you will burn in hell unless you accept god,allah, david bowie.

I've always wanted to go to there door and shout "YOUR GOD IS THE WORST PERSON EVER FOR SENDING YOUR SON/ALLAH/DAVID BOWIE TO EARTH JUST TO GET HUNG ON A CROSS FOR MY SINS, THAT I NEVER EVEN NEW ABOUT UNTILL HIM, AS I WAS QUIET HAPPY TO GO ABOUT MY DAY WITHOUT THE THOUGHT OFF GETTING ASS RAPPED BY HITLER IN HELL "

But that would be counter productive wouldnt it

Status
    Myobokuzan or die.

Why is 8th hokage the only to answer my question? And guess what? I understand Evolution, I was being sarcastic as I said in my last reply to 8th Hokage.

Anyone else like to contribute??

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Why is 8th hokage the only to answer my question? And guess what? I understand Evolution, I was being sarcastic as I said in my last reply to 8th Hokage.

Anyone else like to contribute??
    always knew you were being sarcastic

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

ohhh, sorry than.. i thought you were saying we shouldnt have these discussions.. i jus want people to think more critically about there beliefs cause in most cases, it is hurting people.. i kno its a pretty radical idea i hold, but i jus think all religion needs to end..
    yeah man, people should talk about whatever they want. I just don't like when people try to convert others or push their religion on others. because you're right it does hurt people. although i think people need something to believe in, it gives some people hope in that they believe that there is always someone watching over them. whether u agree or not, u must understand that there is good and bad to religion

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2010
    Half Lycan Primape Giant....
    Half Canine Monsterous Demon

Hyperion i was going to make a thread like this but you beat me to it. and Typhon i see you beat me to this thread too!

anyways i have a question for the athiest.!

please explain to me, basically what is evolution? (in your own words please no links or whatever)

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by sharinganenvy View Post
    yeah man, people should talk about whatever they want. I just don't like when people try to convert others or push their religion on others. because you're right it does hurt people. although i think people need something to believe in, it gives some people hope in that they believe that there is always someone watching over them. whether u agree or not, u must understand that there is good and bad to religion
    ehhh, noo, i disagree.. there is no good that is strictly exclusive to religion.. people dont need to believe in anything, i dont.. and i actually think its a rather disturbing idea that there is always someone watching over you and always knows wat you are thinking.. if people take comfort in that, they clearly arent thinking rationally because no one in there right mind would want that.. without religion wed have good people doing good things and bad people doing bad things, but it takes religion to have good people doing bad things.. any good act people commit in the name of religion can be done and should be done without it.. and if that happened, all the extra bad shit that occurs in the name of religion would disappear.. we'd still have a alot of bad sh*t going on, but there would be much less..

Status
    May 2011
    Sosa

wow this again? seriously guys...

*I am dissapoint*

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by NarutoVsGoku View Post
    Hyperion i was going to make a thread like this but you beat me to it. and Typhon i see you beat me to this thread too!

anyways i have a question for the athiest.!

please explain to me, basically what is evolution? (in your own words please no links or whatever)
    siiighhhh, it is the concept that all organisms are related to each other by common ancestry.. its essential, its the unifying theme in biology man.. the mechanism for evolution is natural selection, which is the survival of offspring best adapted to the conditions in which they live.. it works like this, individuals produce alot of offspring, much more than the environment can possibly sustain. these offspring are not identical, they have variations based on genetic differences that come from mutations and other sh*t.. those offspring with the variations best suited for survival will grow to the age where they can reproduce, thus passing on these favorable adaptations to the next generation, wiping out the other dudes that dont have the adaptations.. thus, nature is selecting offspring and shaping the evolution of all species.. wheww, i think that covers it..

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2010

it is in our nature to worship something. this has been observed in different cultures of different time periods around the world. whther people have worshipped gods, demons, nature, animals, the sun the moon the stars etc.

even athiests who claim to not to believe in any deities fall into worshipping themselves. you guys may not see it as such but you guys live for yourselves, look out for your well beings, do what makes you happy, make your own rules and morals and just "live life".

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

it is in our nature to worship something. this has been observed in different cultures of different time periods around the world. whther people have worshipped gods, demons, nature, animals, the sun the moon the stars etc.

even athiests who claim to not to believe in any deities fall into worshipping themselves. you guys may not see it as such but you guys live for yourselves, look out for your well beings, do what makes you happy, make your own rules and morals and just "live life".
    I'm kind of offended by this. Not because I'm agnostic but just offended you underestimate humanity's capacity for good. Do you really think people are only charitable and selfless because they believe in a god? That people who don't believe in a god is incapable of caring for others?

Why do people get this notion that athiests have no morals or are horrible, jaded, people with no hope? That, people only live by morals and rules because they have a god watching over them and not because of their own ethics?

Banned
    Status
    Nov 2010

siiighhhh, 1.it is the concept that all organisms are related to each other by common ancestry.. its essential, its the unifying theme in biology man.. 2. the mechanism for evolution is natural selection, which is the survival of offspring best adapted to the conditions in which they live.. it works like this, individuals produce alot of offspring, much more than the environment can possibly sustain. these offspring are not identical, they have variations based on genetic differences that come from mutations and other sh*t.. 3. those offspring with the variations best suited for survival will grow to the age where they can reproduce, thus passing on these favorable adaptations to the next generation, 4.wiping out the other dudes that dont have the adaptations.. thus, nature is selecting offspring and shaping the evolution of all species.. wheww, i think that covers it..
    thank you. you are very active in this thread and i have a feeling you and me will be well aquainted.

let me be sure though about this. based on what you said, evolution:

1. everything living thing has a common ancestry?
    2. natural selection and genetic variations causes evolution?
    3. the organism that is best suited/fitted for his/her/its environment lives and reproduce passing on its dna/genes?
    4. less fitted/suited dont pass their genes and their genes are not represented in the gene pool of the species?

did i summarize it right?

how does evolution explain there being so much different types organisms on this planet? mammals, reptiles, birds, plants, bacteria, fungis etc.

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

waat??:flaw::flaw: noo, you are outrageously misinformed.. you make atheists sound like selfish d*uches.. im very selfless, and i rarely think about my self first, in all honesty.. i wont lie, i could do alot more than i do to help people, and i do jus live life casually, but you have the atheist mind set all wrong.. im very concerned with humanity and i wanna help change it and move it in a more positive direction some how.. im jus still thinking about how i should go about that..:confused:

Status
    Sep 2011
    This user has no status.

thank you. you are very active in this thread and i have a feeling you and me will be well aquainted.

let me be sure though about this. based on what you said, evolution:

1. everything living thing has a common ancestry?
    2. natural selection and genetic variations causes evolution?
    3. the organism that is best suited/fitted for his/her/its environment lives and reproduce passing on its dna/genes?
    4. less fitted/suited dont pass their genes and their genes are not represented in the gene pool of the species?

did i summarize it right?

how does evolution explain there being so much different types organisms on this planet? mammals, reptiles, birds, plants, bacteria, fungis etc.
    Because there are varying climates and ecological environments. Different situations require different ways to adapt. Therefore even though two creatures may be birds, one might have a longer, thinner beak so that it can grab insects from inside trees and such, while another might not need such a beak because it's prey lives in a different habitat. Pretty self explanatory.

What do you believe to be the reason for different types of organisms?