vibe and perceptions my avatar
    gives you. The contents of my
    reply doesn't represent the
    character in my ava (despite
    its origins), they represent
    the human behind the screen.

Re: religion vs science

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    You doubt God exist do you? but find comfort in your faith. I can tell you don't believe because you can't answer any logical questions about him without retreating to your shell of faith.
    but I have answered you they just aren't something YOU find logical, sorry I can't please everyone

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    The only possible proof Religious people have are some Bible/Quran verses that "Predicted the Future".
    Even those verses are based on Logic, the Bible says about huge wars in the future, that is not foreseeing, that is observing the world around you and realizing Humans will always rage wars. Quran seems to have "documented" the Big Bang, or so I have heard, so when Science comes up with a Logical explanation, religion rushes to claim it as their own, but wait, wasn't the Big Bang first considered in B.C ages in Greece? Well yes it was, thank you for asking.
    Well hey dude I wasn't talking about the whole religion topic, I was just explaining why his example couldn't be used. He gave an example that he could choose whether or not a god was there, but if he closed his eyes then his cat still existed, and I argued that point from a physics and metaphysics standpoint.

But if you really want to draw me into the religion aspect then here it goes. There is no definitive proof for any deity, or any religion. But on the other hand there is no definitive proof denying the existence of a deity.

Well this topic gets tricky because it is impossible for any of the deities of Judaism, Islam, or Christianity (same deity really just different attitudes and prophets) to exist in this universe because of the overarching characteristics that define the deity of those religions. Those three religions define their god by three basic principles, 1.All knowing, 2. All-powerful . 3 All good or benevolent.

So because of the existence of evil in this universe we can deny that all three of those principles are true. It could be any combination of them but a deity could not be all three without denying the existence of evil in it's entirety, which cannot be done. So monotheistic religions cannot be true, but that does not definitively prove the absence of a higher power.

People didn't believe in gravity or even know what gravity was for a long time. However even when the idea of gravity came around there was no proof. There were experiments done that gave evidence for it but it wasn't until much later when the mathematical explanation for gravity came to be. So by the logic most people are using now gravity didn't exist until s short time ago because there was no proof.

By the way I am not arguing that there is a god or God just that you can't say that there isn't because you haven't seen proof.

Status
    Jun 2011
    This user has no status.

i also agree that the earth was formed not by an accident, but by the careful planning of a supreme being (i.e. GOD ALMIGHTY)

Status
    Feb 2011
    Don't judge my replies or my
    persona, constructed from the

did anybody go to that link I put? they do state a lot of fact, and that's what you guys wanted, wasn't it? well just go to that site, and don't just go into it one time and then never go back, read some of their past stories too. and do some searching for yourself.

here it is again

http://www.bibleinthenews.com/home/

Status
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Saaif Zaryr View Post
    i also agree that the earth was formed not by an accident, but by the careful planning of a supreme being (i.e. GOD ALMIGHTY)
    that is why i said that SCIENCE doesn't directly contradicts RELIGION per se

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by yama View Post
    did anybody go to that link I put? they do state a lot of fact, and that's what you guys wanted, wasn't it? well just go to that site, and don't just go into it one time and then never go back, read some of their past stories too. and do some searching for yourself.

here it is again

http://www.bibleinthenews.com/home/
    This is a conspiracy theory...Why would the vatican want apocalypse to happen their the ones that edited the bible.

Status
    Feb 2011

Quote Originally Posted by uzumakikenshin View Post
    that is why i said that SCIENCE doesn't directly contradicts RELIGION per se
    yeah, it doesn't actually. it's just that PEOPLE use it to contradict religion

Status
    Feb 2011

This is a conspiracy theory...Why would the vatican want apocalypse to happen their the ones that edited the bible.
    is that all you read? that was just the main page, click on archives, and you will see way more stories

and my brain is nowhere near the level of God's intellect so i wouldn't know, but I know this. if God wants something to happen, there's no force that can stop him, if he want the vaticans to move, they will move.

Status
    Apr 2011
    This user has no status.

you still believe in God, don't you? though you don't want to, so you maybe trying to find comfort by going against any ideas that he exist. yes, I can definitely tell that you hate him though
    This^^

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafeal brown View Post
    This^^
    how do you know what I believe?

Status
    Jul 2011
    Remember if you walk into the
    Ward of Dawn you ain't walking
    out

Being someone with a University degree with an extensive background in evolution and genetics, I must say I found your arguments a tad ridiculous. The time it would take for me to explain things to you would also be ridiculous. Irrespective there would be no point in me doing it purely on this.

Quote Originally Posted by ackeem1992 View Post
    a single cell that is naked to the human eye is able to store a billion years of history and information! (One human cell), these miraculous, complex engineering doesn't just happen without "supreme intervention", therefore i refuse to believe that there isn't some form of entity/deity (God) that has been influencing the evolution of the earth.
    We are obviously polar opposites and I respect your opinion (your entitled to it), but I cant see how someone could believe in a 'higher being'. This is my opinion and is equally as valid as yours.

I will comment on is your view of additional chromosomes, and that they cant just magically appear. Additional or reduced chromosome appear all the time. This can be seen in humans examples such as genetic disorders like downs syndrome.

Now under your logic are you telling me that 'god' is actively selective to mentally handicap someone that is not yet born, and therefore has not sinned yet. Why would they then be punished?

Last edited by Gatsuuga; 10-30-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Status
    May 2011
    This user has no status.

is that all you read? that was just the main page, click on archives, and you will see way more stories

and my brain is nowhere near the level of God's intellect so i wouldn't know, but I know this. if God wants something to happen, there's no force that can stop him, if he want the vaticans to move, they will move.
    Stupid

Status
    Mar 2011
    This user has no status.

-sigh- i just lost all faith in humanity.

Status
    Feb 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    Stupid
    me or the site? or both?

Status
    May 2011
    This user has no status.

I side with science. All of this talk about science and theories being trickery by the devil just baffles me.

Status
    Apr 2011
    This user has no status.

how do you know what I believe?
    It's kinda obvious you know... I do beleive in jesus and i know he died for us... He died so we could be free and he's alive... he's gonna come back some day... We don't own the air we breathe, even our lives are borrowed...

We are not products of mere accidents as science claimed... We're special, God created us in his own image... Satan wants us to beleive God isn't real or doesn't exist
    You probably beleive that God doesn't exist because you want it to be true but... deep down inside of you, you're afraid it might be true that God actually exist.
    These are my opinions and you don't have to beleive if you don't want to but you really need to have a re-think about ^this^

Status
    May 2011
    This user has no status.

Prove to me God or Gods exist in the space below:

Status
    Jul 2010
    This user has no status.

you know what's funny? scientist have found out that the sun heats the water which then evaporates, turns into clouds and then falls back down in the form of rain and repeats this cycle, they are figuring out the complexity of the human body and brain, and they know that certain creatures lives to provide us with the resources so that we can live, and they know that certain things on this earth provide the creatures with things so that they can live, they know that the sun provides us with sunlight in the morning and the moon does so at night, and they know that the sun never comes close enough to burn us all alive. they know that certain things work with another to produce another thing.

and the funny part is that they aren't smart enough to know it's not by accident
    I am not religious in the sense I follow a specific GUIDELINE on how to worship "god" or live my life.

But the reasons above are why I haven't dismissed a higher being existing.

Status
    May 2011
    This user has no status.

me or the site? or both?
    You.

Status
    Aug 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafeal brown View Post
    It's kinda obvious you know... I do beleive in jesus and i know he died for us... He died so we could be free and he's alive... he's gonna come back some day... We don't own the air we breathe, even our lives are borrowed...

We are not products of mere accidents as science claimed... We're special, God created us in his own image... Satan wants us to beleive God isn't real or doesn't exist
    You probably beleive that God doesn't exist because you want it to be true but... deep down inside of you, you're afraid it might be true that God actually exist.
    These are my opinions and you don't have to beleive if you don't want to but you really need to have a re-think about ^this^
    You people should leave poor ol lucifer alone because he wasn't the one that ate the apple and he wasn't the one that blamed God for his wife and him eating the apple. Maybe if his father hadn't abandoned him for a newer creation he wouldn't have been all hell-bent on getting revenge.

People are special but what makes the Israelites more special than the Amelakites?....God in all his justness, truthfulness and righteousness makes a certain set of people more special than others.

Why did God rape Mary? Knocking her up against her will. This justifies rape because God can do it why can't I i'll just blame it on invisible sperm.