Page 12 of 12 « First ... 289101112
Results 221 to 237 of 237
  1. #221
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,980
    Location
    Boston,MA
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    Please refrain saying stuff you don't know my friend. This is very insulting for a lot of people, primarily the Christians.

    1. God did not rape Mary. It was not in the form of sexual knowing, unlike Zeus and a billion human maidens,

    2. Mary agreed to be the vessel of Christ, and therefore was not against her will.

    3. I LOL'ed at the invisible sperm :D but if God is the God of creation then he can just make Mary pregnant with the presence of sperm. Heck, He didn't go and had sex with Mother nature to create Earth, did he?
    I know he didn't physically rape her I was only using the word rape to show that it was not consensual. Mary never agreed to be the lords vessel an angel basically came up to her and told her she was going to be "with child" and she acknowledge this because she went along with because she had no other choice. My personal belief is that Mary was a **** Joseph knocked her up and they made up a story about the whole thing to escape persecution.
     
         

  2. #222
    Lost Child... Hyperion's Avatar
    Status
    Hyperion is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9,450
    Location
    Punk Hazard
    Myobokuzan or die.
     

    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    I'm assuming you don't think.
    We exist because we are allowed to. Simply put.

    Think of it this way. Maybe the universe wasn't made FOR us.
    Maybe we arose because it allowed us to (all aforementioned conditions).
    I quoted so that when you delete this, there will be evidence that you believe in a higher power.
     
         

  3. #223
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    7,980
    Location
    Boston,MA
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by IntrovertedKittenNinja View Post
    We're probably going to be looooong extinct by then. lol.
    I don't think so don't underestimate human ingenuity.
     
         

  4. #224
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    You just substituted "universe" for the word God.
    So in a way, you also believe in a higher power
    Hm?
     
         

  5. #225
    Previous UN: Yama Cadmuss's Avatar
    Status
    Cadmuss is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    27,838
    Location
    My mind: you don't belong here.
    Don't judge my replies or my
    persona, constructed from the
    vibe and perceptions my avatar
    gives you. The contents of my
    reply doesn't represent the
    character in my ava (despite
    its origins), they represent
    the human behind the screen.
     



    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    You.
    I see, that insult shows that you aren't ready for me

    now onto other things, did any of you guys read more than one story? you do realize that it's pointless arguing if you say you just don't want to read it, because if you don't believe and I try to give you facts, but you don't WANT to look at them at all, then this whole thing is pointless, since everyone was saying show me facts
     
         

  6. #226
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    I quoted so that when you delete this, there will be evidence that you believe in a higher power.
    The universe is the higher power? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa
     
         

  7. #227
    Senior Member Hammy120290's Avatar
    Status
    Hammy120290 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,161
    Location
    Rosyth, United Kingdom
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    I'm assuming you don't think.
    We exist because we are allowed to. Simply put.

    Think of it this way. Maybe the universe wasn't made FOR us.
    Maybe we arose because it allowed us to (all aforementioned conditions).
    So in your view our existence is pointless and an accident we are being with intelligence that can invent machines that help us travel into space etc etc

    But eventually we are all gonna die from a nova or solar flare...and all our advancement is pointless because our existence from the being was pointless we existed to evolve and become extinct...with some advancement and xbox playing inbetween.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    I took your exaggeration as an insult.
    Maybe it's just a lack of knowledge.
    No you quoted the wrong post nice cover up though...
     
         

  8. #228
    Senior Member Hammy120290's Avatar
    Status
    Hammy120290 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,161
    Location
    Rosyth, United Kingdom
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    I'm assuming you don't think.
    We exist because we are allowed to. Simply put.

    Think of it this way. Maybe the universe wasn't made FOR us.
    Maybe we arose because it allowed us to (all aforementioned conditions).
    So in your view our existence is pointless and an accident we are beings with intelligence that can invent machines that help us travel into space etc etc

    But eventually we are all gonna die from a nova or solar flare...and all our advancement is pointless because our existence from the beginning was pointless we existed to evolve and become extinct...with some advancement and xbox playing inbetween.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    I took your exaggeration as an insult.
    Maybe it's just a lack of knowledge.
    No you quoted the wrong post nice cover up though...
     
         

  9. #229
    Lost Child... Hyperion's Avatar
    Status
    Hyperion is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9,450
    Location
    Punk Hazard
    Myobokuzan or die.
     

    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    The universe is the higher power? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaa
    That is what you were implying mid page 15...
     
         

  10. #230
    † Allen Walker † Faceless's Avatar
    Status
    Faceless is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,325
    Location
    in Nyanmaru's pants. She bought me some pants O_O
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    I know he didn't physically rape her I was only using the word rape to show that it was not consensual. Mary never agreed to be the lords vessel an angel basically came up to her and told her she was going to be "with child" and she acknowledge this because she went along with because she had no other choice. My personal belief is that Mary was a **** Joseph knocked her up and they made up a story about the whole thing to escape persecution.
    You know if I was a pregnant teenager girl, I would have come up with a better excuse than "Oh an angel told me that the I will give birth to the Son of God and He will save us all". Imagine what your reaction would be if here this from someone right now. It's just ludicrous. Even in biblical times, you would have been stoned to death with that kind of answer. The only reason they said that is simply because that's exactly what happened.
     
         

  11. #231
    Senior Member uzumakikenshin's Avatar
    Status
    uzumakikenshin is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,313
    Location
    behind you
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    I'm assuming you don't think.
    We exist because we are allowed to. Simply put.

    Think of it this way. Maybe the universe wasn't made FOR us.
    Maybe we arose because it allowed us to (all aforementioned conditions).
    oh you are here

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    I didn't see either . Nevermind him haha.

    exactly


    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Science: We will be extinct since another prediction had the earth too hot to live on before the next millenium. The earth as well as the other planets in the solar system get pulled into the sun creating a force that will ultimately decimate the solar system aka Big Bag 2.

    Religion: I don't want to post anything on religion. I might get too serious

    so we will die still...

    LOL at your comment on religion..
     
         

  12. #232
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammy120290 View Post
    So in your view our existence is pointless and an accident we are beings with intelligence that can invent machines that help us travel into space etc etc

    But eventually we are all gonna die from a nova or solar flare...and all our advancement is pointless because our existence from the beginning was pointless we existed to evolve and become extinct...with some advancement and xbox playing inbetween.



    No you quoted the wrong post nice cover up though...
    Yes, yes yes.
    And no. But believe what you want hah.
    You made a silly statement about a science in which I trust. Which is insulting.
     
         

  13. #233
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    You know if I was a pregnant teenager girl, I would have come up with a better excuse than "Oh an angel told me that the I will give birth to the Son of God and He will save us all". Imagine what your reaction would be if here this from someone right now. It's just ludicrous. Even in biblical times, you would have been stoned to death with that kind of answer. The only reason they said that is simply because that's exactly what happened.
    Proof
     
         

  14. #234
    † Allen Walker † Faceless's Avatar
    Status
    Faceless is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,325
    Location
    in Nyanmaru's pants. She bought me some pants O_O
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    Hm?
    Think of it this way. Maybe the universe wasn't made FOR us.
    Maybe we arose because it allowed us to (all aforementioned conditions).

    This is what you said: Now let's change the word "universe" with the word God

    Think of it this way. Maybe "God" wasn't made for us.
    Maybe we arose because "God" allowed us to.
     
         

  15. #235
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    That is what you were implying mid page 15...
    I'm allowed to exist in this universe due to laws and constants.
    Maybe those are higher powers. Yeah, you do have me there..
     
         

  16. #236
    † Allen Walker † Faceless's Avatar
    Status
    Faceless is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    5,325
    Location
    in Nyanmaru's pants. She bought me some pants O_O
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    Proof
    Go read the authentic Jewish texts. All the rules are there
     
         

  17. #237
    Lost Child... Hyperion's Avatar
    Status
    Hyperion is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    9,450
    Location
    Punk Hazard
    Myobokuzan or die.
     

    Re: religion vs science

    Quote Originally Posted by uzumakikenshin View Post

    so we will die still...

    LOL at your comment on religion..
    Yup, we die and Big Bang happens again.

    LMAO, yeah I'm religious so I don't want my bias to override my replies you know.
     
         

Page 12 of 12 « First ... 289101112

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •