Page 3 of 4 « First 1234 Last»
Results 51 to 75 of 77
  1. #51
    Pirate Ninja Capn FlapJak's Avatar
    Status
    Capn FlapJak is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Davy Jones's Locker
    Posts
    1,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    drink up me hearties, yo ho
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    What is human?
    a type of animal i guess
     
         

  2. #52
    Selendrile's Avatar
    Status
    Selendrile is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dragon's Den
    Posts
    16,830
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ask not for lighter burdens,
    but for broader shoulders.
     



    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    A guy in a coma doesn't have a choice and he is also not fully conscious of himself and the world around them. Does this lessen his individuality as well?
    This is a different situation, because it does not involve another human housing another.

    Unfortunately, just like the death penalty, this matter is a moral one only. So as much as you debate, you probably will not change anothers mind. Going by something that can be argued in a court of law, or individual rights, I don't believe outlawing abortion will ever happen. It violates too many people, and can go wrong in too many situations.

    However, I stand firm on pro-choice.
     
         

  3. #53
    NB's Shameless Flirt IntrovertedKittenNinja's Avatar
    Status
    IntrovertedKittenNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Taiwan, or Kirigakure o.o
    Posts
    1,557
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    Still, a life is a life, as pro-life people would say. Are you saying that the life of the baby is less significant if it was formed through rape compared to those who were formed normally?
    No lol you totally misunderstood. What I mean is, when you have unprotected sex consensually you have to be aware of the risks of pregnancy and be responsible for these risks.

    However, since Rape is non-consensual, the mother never wanted to have a baby, or have sex in the first place. Therefore an unfair responsibility is placed on her. Here's where the morality issue of abortion gets sketchy for me.
     
         

  4. #54
    Member
    Status
    Iruka is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    607
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Oh wow this is quite a controversial topic.

    I don't have a complete agreement with either option and wish there was a mid-point. I believe that to abort an unborn does count as killing however sometimes it has to be looked at on a case by case basis. There was girl at my high school who managed to get pregnant at age 15. It was rumored that she had already opted to have an abortion for an early pregnancy but I can't validate this so I'll ignore it. She was a terrible mother to her child in that she smoked and drank heavily throughout her pregnancy. While I don't believe that abortions should be looked at as the same as contraceptive means, this girl now has a child who is reliant on her despite her not having the most basic high school qualifications and has to rely on her own parents for help. If anything I believe that those who desire abortions should instead put more thought into adoption.
     
         

  5. #55
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Capn FlapJak View Post
    a type of animal i guess
    Do other animals commit abortion?
     
         

  6. #56
    † Allen Walker † Faceless's Avatar
    Status
    Faceless is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in Nyanmaru's pants. She bought me some pants O_O
    Posts
    5,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by HereticPassage View Post
    This is a different situation, because it does not involve another human housing another.

    Unfortunately, just like the death penalty, this matter is a moral one only. So as much as you debate, you probably will not change anothers mind. Going by something that can be argued in a court of law, or individual rights, I don't believe outlawing abortion will ever happen. It violates too many people, and can go wrong in too many situations.

    However, I stand firm on pro-choice.
    My purpose of debating is not to persuade anyone but rather to understand each other's point of view of the matters at hand. So I respect your decision on standing your ground
     
         

  7. #57
    Pirate Ninja Capn FlapJak's Avatar
    Status
    Capn FlapJak is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Davy Jones's Locker
    Posts
    1,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    drink up me hearties, yo ho
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    Do other animals commit abortion?
    kinda sum kinds of animals might eat they young if i recall right
     
         

  8. #58
    Senior Member uzumakikenshin's Avatar
    Status
    uzumakikenshin is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    behind you
    Posts
    1,313
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    Still, a life is a life, as pro-life people would say. Are you saying that the life of the baby is less significant if it was formed through rape compared to those who were formed normally?
    that is where i am stuck up....


    but im 70% pro life for this and 30% pro choice for rape situations..

    but as you say LIFE is still LIFE
     
         

  9. #59
    Pirate Ninja Capn FlapJak's Avatar
    Status
    Capn FlapJak is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Davy Jones's Locker
    Posts
    1,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    drink up me hearties, yo ho
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    this kinda reminds me of killin in war is it right how far is too far to protect nation human rights crimes etc
     
         

  10. #60
    Selendrile's Avatar
    Status
    Selendrile is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dragon's Den
    Posts
    16,830
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ask not for lighter burdens,
    but for broader shoulders.
     



    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    My purpose of debating is not to persuade anyone but rather to understand each other's point of view of the matters at hand. So I respect your decision on standing your ground
    Dont take it like I was accusing you of trying to change my opinion, because I didn't mean it like that.

    But yea, its the mother choice. That is all. No one else matters, because it is the mother who will house the fetus, or choose to abort it. Her choice. It isn't any more complicated than that.
     
         

  11. #61
    † Allen Walker † Faceless's Avatar
    Status
    Faceless is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in Nyanmaru's pants. She bought me some pants O_O
    Posts
    5,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by IntrovertedKittenNinja View Post
    No lol you totally misunderstood. What I mean is, when you have unprotected sex consensually you have to be aware of the risks of pregnancy and be responsible for these risks.

    However, since Rape is non-consensual, the mother never wanted to have a baby, or have sex in the first place. Therefore an unfair responsibility is placed on her. Here's where the morality issue of abortion gets sketchy for me.
    Yes I understand. Here's my question though: What has a higher priority? The unfair responsibility placed on the mother or the fetus' capability to live?
     
         

  12. #62
    Nara..'s Avatar
    Status
    Nara.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Don't u know that I m at ur home!
    Posts
    3,715
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Pro-choice because I think it is way too better. Just like... more.. freedom.
     
         

  13. #63
    † Allen Walker † Faceless's Avatar
    Status
    Faceless is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in Nyanmaru's pants. She bought me some pants O_O
    Posts
    5,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Whitetooth23 View Post
    Pro-choice because I think it is way too better. Just like... more.. freedom.
    And how about the freedom of the baby?
     
         

  14. #64
    Pirate Ninja Capn FlapJak's Avatar
    Status
    Capn FlapJak is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Davy Jones's Locker
    Posts
    1,153
    Post Thanks / Like
    drink up me hearties, yo ho
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    Yes I understand. Here's my question though: What has a higher priority? The unfair responsibility placed on the mother or the fetus' capability to live?
    may i just say your a devil with wordin gettin the mind to think both ways o.0
     
         

  15. #65
    Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ.♥°♥ .† ☼ ♥ღ(ˆ⌣ˆԅ) Cassiopeia's Avatar
    Status
    Cassiopeia is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    33,068
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cupcakes!!
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    I'm with Swizzik.
     
         

  16. #66
    NB's Shameless Flirt IntrovertedKittenNinja's Avatar
    Status
    IntrovertedKittenNinja is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Taiwan, or Kirigakure o.o
    Posts
    1,557
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    Yes I understand. Here's my question though: What has a higher priority? The unfair responsibility placed on the mother or the fetus' capability to live?
    That's why I said it get's sketchy for me. All I can firmly believe in for sure is that in the case of consensual sex, the man and woman should know the risks and assume responsibility for them...
     
         

  17. #67
    † Allen Walker † Faceless's Avatar
    Status
    Faceless is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in Nyanmaru's pants. She bought me some pants O_O
    Posts
    5,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Capn FlapJak View Post
    may i just say your a devil with wordin gettin the mind to think both ways o.0
    Haha sorry, I usually do this when I'm interested in a debate
     
         

  18. #68
    Rokusho..'s Avatar
    Status
    Rokusho.. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,358
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    Yes I understand. Here's my question though: What has a higher priority? The unfair responsibility placed on the mother or the fetus' capability to live?
    Everyone deserves a chance at life and that goes for foetuses as well . . . No matter how the foetus came about . . . At least that's my thought on this :/ .
     
         

  19. #69
    Heavens Blade's Avatar
    Status
    Heavens Blade is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    usa
    Posts
    3,872
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    personally im pro life if your going to have sex then you shoud prepare for the conciquences not to mention how unfair that the man gets no say in the matter half of that life is his he should be able to say he wants to keep it

    however with that being said i always vote prochoice because if we take away the abortion clinics women will just go to back alley abotion clinics and end up having someone with no medical experience atempting to abort a kid and end up killing not only the child but the women as well
     
         

  20. #70
    † Allen Walker † Faceless's Avatar
    Status
    Faceless is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in Nyanmaru's pants. She bought me some pants O_O
    Posts
    5,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by IntrovertedKittenNinja View Post
    That's why I said it get's sketchy for me. All I can firmly believe in for sure is that in the case of consensual sex, the man and woman should know the risks and assume responsibility for them...
    I for one agree with whole consensual thing. A person must not be put to death due to other people's mistakes.
     
         

  21. #71
    Senior Member uzumakikenshin's Avatar
    Status
    uzumakikenshin is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    behind you
    Posts
    1,313
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    Yes I understand. Here's my question though: What has a higher priority? The unfair responsibility placed on the mother or the fetus' capability to live?
    i would still prioritize the fetus right to live...



    as for the unfair responsibility placed on the mother...

    ADOPTION is the best choice...


    @faceless: I clearly remember that thread of yours... and I also posted the same things im saying right now, yet again..
     
         

  22. #72
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    I for one agree with whole consensual thing. A person must not be put to death due to other people's mistakes.
    but can you kill a mass of cells undefined for a persons mistakes.
     
         

  23. #73
    Anduril's Avatar
    Status
    Anduril is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    10,579
    Post Thanks / Like
    Burp...
     



    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    Because I was the same member who created the old thread and since it's against the rules to bump an old thread, I just made a new one
    and u are not satisfied with the 6 pages of replies that u got ~_~
    mehh whatever..
     
         

  24. #74
    Senior Member Mr.Beastie's Avatar
    Status
    Mr.Beastie is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    behind you!
    Posts
    3,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by Faceless View Post
    How about fetuses that are at there 6th to 8th month already? They're not longer a small group of cells, most of there body parts are fully developed already? Would it still be okay to abort the baby?
    of course that wouldnt be okay at that point in pregnancy abortion is illegal. The baby has the tools to survive on its own through hospitalization of course.
     
         

  25. #75
    † Allen Walker † Faceless's Avatar
    Status
    Faceless is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    in Nyanmaru's pants. She bought me some pants O_O
    Posts
    5,325
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Pro-life or Pro-choice? Abortion O_O

    Quote Originally Posted by uzumakikenshin View Post
    i would still prioritize the fetus right to live...



    as for the unfair responsibility placed on the mother...

    ADOPTION is the best choice...


    @faceless: I clearly remember that thread of yours... and I also posted the same things im saying right now, yet again..
    Sorry, I couldn't resist =]

    Anyways, in light of what you said about adoption. Isn't it a very emotional thing for someone to give birth to something they don't want? Wouldn't this scar the person?
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •