Page 6 of 8 « First ... 2345678 Last»
Results 126 to 150 of 198
  1. #126
    Senior Member Gatsuuga's Avatar
    Status
    Gatsuuga is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lucid dreaming
    Posts
    6,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember if you walk into the
    Ward of Dawn you ain't walking
    out
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    Not really!

    War Definition: A state of armed conflict between different nations or states or different groups within a nation or state.

    Rebellion definition: An act of violent or open resistance to an established government or ruler.

    What's the difference? A war got more important scale and proportions. In this way, religious wars/conflicts rarely take those scale.

    Tell me one religious wars that was a religious wars to the core without turning into normal political war. There are none to my knowledge. Most took a political stand at a point and the others remain in the abyss if being simple revolts.



    Nope, they used religion to hide their objectives. Religion neither caused wars nor motivated wars.
    I would hardly consider the war between Israel and Palestine a 'religious rebellion'
     
         

  2. #127
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Itachilover94 View Post
    I believe in god with all my heart I mean there was so many times that I could have died but I always pulled through not only that but I sure as He** didn't grow from an ape :mad: so believe what you want but word of advice you might wanna start changing your life around cause if you really think about it whos to say your going to wake up the next day :shrug: so when the time comes that you do pass away let me know how things down below is going for you I mean I know it sure don't feel good to burn over and over again for years and while your having fun burning im going to be laying on a nice fluffy cloud :D
    We didn't come from apes. Don't say your sure just say you believe.
     
         

  3. #128
    Previous username: Yama Pleiades's Avatar
    Status
    Pleiades is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    My mind: you don't belong here.
    Posts
    27,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't judge my replies or my
    persona, constructed from the
    vibe and perceptions my avatar
    gives you. The contents of my
    reply doesn't represent the
    character in my ava (despite
    its origins), they represent
    the human behind the screen.
     



    Re: god doesn't exist

    as someone once said, "for those who believe in God, no explanation is necessary, for those who don't believe, no explanation is possible"

    I just want to leave it at this, oh and this site here for those who want facts, there are a lot of stories so take your time, it basically show the prophecy of the bible in the current world today. but looks even further if it pleases you.

    http://www.bibleinthenews.com/home/
     
         

  4. #129
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Thats a religious war, yet it was still people that killed
    You say God gives us free will yet he destroyed Sodom and Gomorah for not being righteous enough.
     
         

  5. #130
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Itachilover94 View Post
    I believe in god with all my heart I mean there was so many times that I could have died but I always pulled through not only that but I sure as He** didn't grow from an ape :mad: so believe what you want but word of advice you might wanna start changing your life around cause if you really think about it whos to say your going to wake up the next day :shrug: so when the time comes that you do pass away let me know how things down below is going for you I mean I know it sure don't feel good to burn over and over again for years and while your having fun burning im going to be laying on a nice fluffy cloud :D
    !
     
         

  6. #131
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    You say God gives us free will yet he destroyed Sodom and Gomorah for not being righteous enough.
    Hey! They had a choice! But, the alternative was suffering.
    Hrm. Choiiiice
     
         

  7. #132
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by yama View Post
    as someone once said, "for those who believe in God, no explanation is necessary, for those who don't believe, no explanation is possible"

    I just want to leave it at this, oh and this site here for those who want facts, there are a lot of stories so take your time, it basically show the prophecy of the bible in the current world today. but looks even further if it pleases you.

    http://www.bibleinthenews.com/home/
    Yet I remember my days chilling in Sunday school.
    Why do you keep posting this conspiracy site.
     
         

  8. #133
    Lost Child... Hyperion's Avatar
    Status
    Hyperion is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Punk Hazard
    Posts
    9,431
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    You say God gives us free will yet he destroyed Sodom and Gomorah for not being righteous enough.
    Do I have to explain this?
    Did you read just the Old testament? Some parts of it? Or none?
     
         

  9. #134
    zombie zombiejesus's Avatar
    Status
    zombiejesus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    inside that place where that thing is
    Posts
    8,805
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Thats a religious war, yet it was still people that killed
    i know it was people but religion was there reason. thats like saying guns dont kill people people kill people i get that i am just saying they use that as an excuse to kill people
     
         

  10. #135
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Do I have to explain this?
    Did you read just the Old testament? Some parts of it? Or none?
    I should correct myself with my earlier post.
    Let's leave the old testament out of this.
    For your sake.
     
         

  11. #136
    Senior Member Gatsuuga's Avatar
    Status
    Gatsuuga is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lucid dreaming
    Posts
    6,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember if you walk into the
    Ward of Dawn you ain't walking
    out
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Itachilover94 View Post
    I believe in god with all my heart I mean there was so many times that I could have died but I always pulled through not only that but I sure as He** didn't grow from an ape :mad: so believe what you want but word of advice you might wanna start changing your life around cause if you really think about it whos to say your going to wake up the next day :shrug: so when the time comes that you do pass away let me know how things down below is going for you I mean I know it sure don't feel good to burn over and over again for years and while your having fun burning im going to be laying on a nice fluffy cloud :D
    You make a good point that people should live there life's to the fullest because they may not wake up the next day. But I think that that is a better to do it for the reason that life is so fragile. Being complacent with your life is not reasonable just because you assume you are going to be sitting on a cloud for all eternity.

    Also anyone with some background in evolution will tell you that you are correct humans did not evolve from 'modern' apes. Instead they shared a common ancestor that diverged.
     
         

  12. #137
    ǝsɔoɹdııns Escorpiius's Avatar
    Status
    Escorpiius is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ****ing Burnin' Paradise
    Posts
    8,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”
     



    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by zombiejesus View Post
    what about the crusades man full out religion war
    Yes, it was an religion war but...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    A religious war is a war caused by, or justified by, religious differences. It can involve one state with an established religion against another state with a different religion or a different sect within the same religion, or a religiously motivated group attempting to spread its faith by violence, or to suppress another group because of its religious beliefs or practices. The Muslim conquests, the French Wars of Religion, the Crusades, and the Reconquista are frequently cited historical examples.
    All the 4 were historical wars. You really relate any of those wars with actual wars of today. They are religious wars but I believe, it was because there were no real assertion and crave/greed for power as there is today. There's no war in today's time whose motives are for religious sake.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsuuga View Post
    I would hardly consider the war between Israel and Palestine a 'religious rebellion'
    The Holy War took political instances afterwards and in fact, real motives were indeed the fight for power. Another war started in the name of religion which in short, was nothing of the sort.
     
         

  13. #138
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Do I have to explain this?
    Did you read just the Old testament? Some parts of it? Or none?
    I get what your saying but why does God have to judge us if he gave us free will
    wouldn't judging us mean that he wants some people to go to hell and wants others to go to heaven, but yet he loves all of us?
     
         

  14. #139
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post

    All the 4 were historical wars. You really relate any of those wars with actual wars of today. They are religious wars but I believe, it was because there were no real assertion and crave/greed for power as there is today. There's no war in today's time whose motives are for religious sake.
    Don't the Sunnis and Shiites bomb each other all the time?
     
         

  15. #140
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    Yes, it was an religion war but...



    All the 4 were historical wars. You really relate any of those wars with actual wars of today. They are religious wars but I believe, it was because there were no real assertion and crave/greed for power as there is today. There's no war in today's time whose motives are for religious sake.



    The Holy War took political instances afterwards and in fact, real motives were indeed the fight for power. Another war started in the name of religion which in short, was nothing of the sort.
    I like how have been holding your own here, calmly.
    Although, I do wonder if you are actually stating facts. You did say, "I believe", however.
     
         

  16. #141
    Senior Member uzumakikenshin's Avatar
    Status
    uzumakikenshin is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    behind you
    Posts
    1,313
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by zombiejesus View Post
    yes people do start war but it is over differnces those people have most of witch is religion and women or money and power but mostly religion
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    Hahhah, then the religion motivated them to kill.
    This settles well with you?

    do not blame religion... blame them to people who started wars and hide their true intentions of killing or capturing nations saying their religions tell them so..

    you are saying that THEIST started wars and some crimes but it goes the same to those who dont believe in deities...

    @FIZAMA.. you always say that you dont believe in such stuffs.. but i just want to remind you that in ACKEEM's thread you just said that you believe in a higher power... right? so what now? you are contradicting yourself?


    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    You say God gives us free will yet he destroyed Sodom and Gomorah for not being righteous enough.
    -he give us freewill but he will never let us go unscathed...
     
         

  17. #142
    Original Akatsuki Member Dragonfly X's Avatar
    Status
    Dragonfly X is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    3,694
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Oh, ragnaroc is gonna lay down the banhammer...
     
         

  18. #143
    ǝsɔoɹdııns Escorpiius's Avatar
    Status
    Escorpiius is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    ****ing Burnin' Paradise
    Posts
    8,293
    Post Thanks / Like
    "I'm suprised you know
    such useless things. This is
    the first time since birth
    that I've admired you. By the
    way, will you be eating that
    cake?”
     



    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    I like how have been holding your own here, calmly.
    Although, I do wonder if you are actually stating facts. You did say, "I believe", however.
    I said "I believe" because:

    1. I was elaborating on something that occurs centuries ago, not in front of my eyes.
    2. I'm not asserting my opinion.
    3. It's free for anyone to contradict me if they got facts/proofs to what they are saying.
     
         

  19. #144
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by uzumakikenshin View Post
    do not blame religion... blame them to people who started wars and hide their true intentions of killing or capturing nations saying their religions tell them so..

    you are saying that THEIST started wars and some crimes but it goes the same to those who dont believe in deities...

    @FIZAMA.. you always say that you dont believe in such stuffs.. but i just want to remind you that in ACKEEM's thread you just said that you believe in a higher power... right? so what now? you are contradicting yourself?




    -he give us freewill but he will never let us go unscathed...
    Actually, they interpreted it as a BELIEF in a higher power. You can link my post if you want.
    Saying that an environment that allows survival is a higher power is an interesting way to try to make an argument.
     
         

  20. #145
    zombie zombiejesus's Avatar
    Status
    zombiejesus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    inside that place where that thing is
    Posts
    8,805
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    why would anyone get banned we are discussing this rationally no one is pissed or anything
     
         

  21. #146
    Previous username: Yama Pleiades's Avatar
    Status
    Pleiades is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    My mind: you don't belong here.
    Posts
    27,381
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't judge my replies or my
    persona, constructed from the
    vibe and perceptions my avatar
    gives you. The contents of my
    reply doesn't represent the
    character in my ava (despite
    its origins), they represent
    the human behind the screen.
     



    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    Yet I remember my days chilling in Sunday school.
    Why do you keep posting this conspiracy site.
    and you prove this quote to be true, not even bothering to investigate any further, you say it's conspiracy. If someone can show that events that was predicted in the bible are actually happening, and one want facts of God's existence, why not look into it?:shrug:
     
         

  22. #147
    Senior Member Gatsuuga's Avatar
    Status
    Gatsuuga is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lucid dreaming
    Posts
    6,179
    Post Thanks / Like
    Remember if you walk into the
    Ward of Dawn you ain't walking
    out
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    These threads always descend into conflict, based on the polarising views of those involved. And this is not surprising considering it is a polarising subject. Each side, most time through ignorance, incorrectly sites facts from the opposing side, which insights further argument.

    I dont think I will comment on a religious thread again, but i will say the following. I highly doubt this subject will be solved on narutobase, so I propose we come to a mutual agreement. We should all agree that there is a god, but that god is the sage of six paths.

    fwoo...... now lets get back to the good stuff like who is tobi haha
     
         
    Last edited by Gatsuuga; 10-31-2011 at 04:42 AM.

  23. #148
    zombie zombiejesus's Avatar
    Status
    zombiejesus is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    inside that place where that thing is
    Posts
    8,805
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    oh well like i said before we could go on for ever and never agree so i am going to go on that nice talking to you guys and i hope they dont close this or ban anyone later peeps
     
         

  24. #149
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Escorpiius View Post
    I said "I believe" because:

    1. I was elaborated on something that occurs centuries ago, not in front of my eyes.
    2. I'm not asserting my opinion.
    3. It's free for anyone to contradict me if they got facts/proofs to what they are saying.
    So, honestly, is it a fact that they were 100% masking other motives with religion?
     
         

  25. #150
    Zaxelzero's Avatar
    Status
    Zaxelzero is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    3,356
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    wow... now its on hottest threads.... jesus christ... who does exist
     
         

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •