Page 7 of 8 « First ... 345678 Last»
Results 151 to 175 of 198
  1. #151
    Kage of Toronto Toronto's Avatar
    Status
    Toronto is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto!!!
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    I would like to know what consequences, punishment or (cant find the word....) just treatment?... i would get for my belief from your gods/religion (please write them down in reply)? i am very curious

    Would your gods punish me, respect my descision or simply ignore me?(i am not familiar in depth with the books and scripts of many beliefs)

    I am a very religiously neutral boy who does not try to convince anyone to convert or join any religion, cult or belief... i just say the facts to what i already know....
    I believe that there is a "higher power" somewhere ... whether it is a supreme being or mother nature.... i do not like the word god because it has been twisted and warped over the years and represents too many religions and confusion is inevitable... the word is simply to strong and dangerous in my opinion....
    I do not base any morals off of my belief... i simply just do what feels right.... to respect everyone, try my hardest and have a good, fun life.... i am not super dedicated to my belief as it is not very specific and detailed....
    I believe people can practice there religion anywhere they want but if it causes conflicts then it must be banned in the specific location (e.x. school) no limits unless comfortable (e.x. church)
     
         
    Last edited by Toronto; 10-31-2011 at 03:38 AM.

  2. #152
    Lost Child... Hyperion's Avatar
    Status
    Hyperion is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Punk Hazard
    Posts
    9,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    I should correct myself with my earlier post.
    Let's leave the old testament out of this.
    For your sake.
    Ok, I'm going to be str8 with you... Don't get involved, you're just going to confuse!
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    I get what your saying but why does God have to judge us if he gave us free will
    wouldn't judging us mean that he wants some people to go to hell and wants others to go to heaven, but yet he loves all of us?
    I'm not going to preach and act like I have all the answers coz I don't. But I know no one should ever feel like they need to impress God for better judgment, its up to you what you want to do with your life.
    Again, I'm not going to preach like some other ignorant people here on NB!
     
         

  3. #153
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by yama View Post
    and you prove this quote to be true, not even bothering to investigate any further, you say it's conspiracy. If someone can show that events that was predicted in the bible are actually happening, and one want facts of God's existence, why not look into it?:shrug:
    Most of the bibles predictions are obvious guesses that obviously come true, It's like predicting that a baby will be born next year and he will do great things in his life.
     
         

  4. #154
    Senior Member uzumakikenshin's Avatar
    Status
    uzumakikenshin is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    behind you
    Posts
    1,313
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    Actually, they interpreted it as a BELIEF in a higher power. You can link my post if you want.
    Saying that an environment that allows survival is a higher power is an interesting way to try to make an argument.
    i can... but i wont.. you know what you just said in there...

    "you got me there.." -remember this.. i need not to quote it i remember it pretty well...


    RELIGIONS got what they called FAITH

    NON BELIEVERS got what they called REASON


    and for others who still blame religions for human's wrong doings:

    it's like blaming to the the inventor of guns (who's sole intention is to protect people), the crimes of the criminals who use it for their selfish dark interests...
     
         

  5. #155
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Ok, I'm going to be str8 with you... Don't get involved, you're just going to confuse!


    I'm not going to preach and act like I have all the answers coz I don't. But I know no one should ever feel like they need to impress God for better judgment, its up to you what you want to do with your life.
    Again, I'm not going to preach like some other ignorant people here on NB!
    Ha, confuse.
     
         

  6. #156
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Ok, I'm going to be str8 with you... Don't get involved, you're just going to confuse!


    I'm not going to preach and act like I have all the answers coz I don't. But I know no one should ever feel like they need to impress God for better judgment, its up to you what you want to do with your life.
    Again, I'm not going to preach like some other ignorant people here on NB!
    I am not ignorant LOL. I know the Bible quite well actually but the thing is the creation story is flawed, if there was a higher power I think the people who edited the Bible left some really important things out.
     
         

  7. #157
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by uzumakikenshin View Post
    i can... but i wont.. you know what you just said in there...

    "you got me there.." -remember this.. i need not to quote it i remember it pretty well...


    RELIGIONS got what they called FAITH

    NON BELIEVERS got what they called REASON


    and for others who still blame religions for human's wrong doings:

    it's like blaming to the the inventor of guns (who's sole intention is to protect people), the crimes of the criminals who use it for their selfish dark interests...
    So you basically admitted your not reasonable .
     
         

  8. #158
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by uzumakikenshin View Post
    i can... but i wont.. you know what you just said in there...

    "you got me there.." -remember this.. i need not to quote it i remember it pretty well...


    RELIGIONS got what they called FAITH

    NON BELIEVERS got what they called REASON


    and for others who still blame religions for human's wrong doings:

    it's like blaming to the the inventor of guns who's sole intention is to protect people the crimes of the criminals who use it for their selfish dark interests...
    Dear lord. *giggle*
    I thought that was easily detected sarcasm.
     
         

  9. #159
    Kage of Toronto Toronto's Avatar
    Status
    Toronto is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto!!!
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    I am not ignorant LOL. I know the Bible quite well actually but the thing is the creation story is flawed, if there was a higher power I think the people who edited the Bible left some really important things out.
    it has honestly been edited over a billion times..... and they've merged many together
     
         

  10. #160
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    A block of ice melts. This allows organisms to thrive in the water.
    Where's the higher power?
     
         

  11. #161
    Previous username: Yama Pleiades's Avatar
    Status
    Pleiades is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    My mind: you don't belong here.
    Posts
    27,267
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't judge my replies or my
    persona, constructed from the
    vibe and perceptions my avatar
    gives you. The contents of my
    reply doesn't represent the
    character in my ava (despite
    its origins), they represent
    the human behind the screen.
     



    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    Most of the bibles predictions are obvious guesses that obviously come true, It's like predicting that a baby will be born next year and he will do great things in his life.
    you obviously didn't even bother reading it, they show predictions that would have been impossible for any human to predict. really, give it a try, you can read one story a week or something


    and there are other sites as well, if I show you these too, are you going to say it's another conspiracy even when they can show accurate predictions of things that are too complicated for a human to predict.
     
         

  12. #162
    Kage of Toronto Toronto's Avatar
    Status
    Toronto is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto!!!
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Swizzik....... your slowing this down to an uncomfortable rate with your sig....... im dieing here man
     
         

  13. #163
    Banned
    Status
    NarutoVsGoku is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Planet Vegeta
    Posts
    5,034
    Post Thanks / Like
    Half Lycan Primape Giant....
    Half Canine Monsterous Demon
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by jack228 View Post
    If God exists, he must be omnipotent, for various reasons, he created time and space and matter. He is all knowing, all powerful. If he lacks one of these attributes, why call him God altogether?

    We are here, the universe exist, therefore, some time God decided to create it. But, and here is the problem, to decide to do something means that you have a certain desire, namely the desire to do something (to act).

    But a desire needs a motive, it can not come into existence by itself, a motive is intrinsic to desire.
    Bare with me now, how can a perfect God, an all powerful all knowing God have a desire at all?

    If God exists, he already is the supreme form of everything good, the ultimate pleasure, wisdom, happiness. These are all boundless for him because he is God.

    So a God, if he exists, will not act, why should he? He has no reason whatsoever to even consider to act. He can not desire anything because there is nothing that can make him wiser, happier etc.
    What exactly is your point?

    That God doesnt exist because he was motivated to cared to plan to create the world?! Wtf does that contradicts him to being perfect.

    How do motives and desires contradict divinity or perfection?

    Your logic is extremely flawwed.

    Fyi God is real.

    Explain recorded accounts of live exorisms.
    Explain the supernatural ability of psychics.
    Explain the accounts of people who have dealt with real life paranormal activities.
    Explain why the bible under very close anylization is considered the most historically reliable account.
    Explain why there is no body in Jesus Christ tomb.
    Explain how the people who wrote different books in the bible wrote them hundreds of years apart but yet what was written were similar.
    Explain why evolution teaches abiogenesis.
    Explain why there is scientific and historical evidence to dinosaurs living with humans and possibilities of some dinosaurs still being alive in various parts of the world.
    Explain how such a complex world that we live in even came to be.
     
         

  14. #164
    Flash of fang and claw Gatsuuga's Avatar
    Status
    Gatsuuga is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Lucid dreaming
    Posts
    5,820
    Post Thanks / Like
    Obito will remain the #1
    Uchiha
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    A block of ice melts. This allows organisms to thrive in the water.
    Where's the higher power?
    Ra the egyptian sun god? haha only joking
     
         

  15. #165
    Senior Member uzumakikenshin's Avatar
    Status
    uzumakikenshin is offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    behind you
    Posts
    1,313
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    So you basically admitted your not reasonable .

    i did not tell it's unreasonable... im just stating a comparison between where they basically comes from...

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    Dear lord. *giggle*
    I thought that was easily detected sarcasm.
    Oh you know how to pray now
     
         

  16. #166
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoVsGoku View Post
    What exactly is your point?

    That God doesnt exist because he was motivated to cared to plan to create the world?! Wtf does that contradicts him to being perfect.

    How do motives and desires contradict divinity or perfection?

    Your logic is extremely flawwed.

    Fyi God is real.

    Explain recorded accounts of live exorisms.
    Explain the supernatural ability of psychics.
    Explain the accounts of people who have dealt with real life paranormal activities.
    Explain why the bible under very close anylization is considered the most historically reliable account.
    Explain why there is no body in Jesus Christ tomb.
    Explain how the people who wrote different books in the bible wrote them hundreds of years apart but yet what was written were similar.
    Explain why evolution teaches abiogenesis.
    Explain why there is scientific and historical evidence to dinosaurs living with humans and possibilities of some dinosaurs still being alive in various parts of the world.
    Explain how such a complex world that we live in even came to be.
    Each line I read produced further tears of laughter.
     
         

  17. #167
    Kage of Toronto Toronto's Avatar
    Status
    Toronto is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto!!!
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    A block of ice melts. This allows organisms to thrive in the water.
    Where's the higher power?
    thats not fair..... to religious people water was a gift from the gods in the begining of our world........ and say hydrogen....... where did that come from????? was the big bang just..... honestly from nothing???? what really made hydrogen out of nothing???? what made it heat up and finally explode?????? ...
     
         

  18. #168
    Lost Child... Hyperion's Avatar
    Status
    Hyperion is offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Punk Hazard
    Posts
    9,424
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzik View Post
    I am not ignorant LOL. I know the Bible quite well actually but the thing is the creation story is flawed, if there was a higher power I think the people who edited the Bible left some really important things out.
    I actually cant prove you wrong but do remember everything is flawed. When something is translated there are flaws.
    I could also point out Science hasn't found anything on Laminin and why its shaped that way...
     
         

  19. #169
    Member Fizama's Avatar
    Status
    Fizama is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    216
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    thats not fair..... to religious people water was a gift from the gods in the begining of our world........ and say hydrogen....... where did that come from????? was the big bang just..... honestly from nothing???? what really made hydrogen out of nothing???? what made it heat up and finally explode?????? ...
    Don't worry.
    I'm just stating how silly it is for them to say that environmental constants = higher power that requires a belief.

    And I actually don't know.
    But go to youtube and search these kinds of things. It truly is fun!
     
         
    Last edited by Fizama; 10-31-2011 at 03:52 AM.

  20. #170
    Kage of Toronto Toronto's Avatar
    Status
    Toronto is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto!!!
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Fizama View Post
    Don't worry.
    I'm just stating how silly it is for them to say that environmental constants = higher power that requires a belief.
    np....... this is actually a great area within science vs religion thread that can actually try to understand one another for once
     
         

  21. #171
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by NarutoVsGoku View Post
    What exactly is your point?

    That God doesnt exist because he was motivated to cared to plan to create the world?! Wtf does that contradicts him to being perfect.

    How do motives and desires contradict divinity or perfection?

    Your logic is extremely flawwed.

    Fyi God is real.

    Explain recorded accounts of live exorisms.
    Explain the supernatural ability of psychics.
    Explain the accounts of people who have dealt with real life paranormal activities.
    Explain why the bible under very close anylization is considered the most historically reliable account.
    Explain why there is no body in Jesus Christ tomb.
    Explain how the people who wrote different books in the bible wrote them hundreds of years apart but yet what was written were similar.
    Explain why evolution teaches abiogenesis.
    Explain why there is scientific and historical evidence to dinosaurs living with humans and possibilities of some dinosaurs still being alive in various parts of the world.
    Explain how such a complex world that we live in even came to be.
     
         

  22. #172
    Senior Member Itachilover94's Avatar
    Status
    Itachilover94 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    In my bed
    Posts
    1,323
    Post Thanks / Like
    your talking but does it look
    like I care
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto View Post
    I would like to know what consequences, punishment or (cant find the word....) just treatment?... i would get for my belief from your gods/religion (please write them down in reply)? i am very curious

    Would your gods punish me, respect my descision or simply ignore me?(i am not familiar in depth with the books and scripts of many beliefs)

    I am a very religiously neutral boy who does not try to convince anyone to convert or join any religion, cult or belief... i just say the facts to what i already know....
    I believe that there is a "higher power" somewhere ... whether it is a supreme being or mother nature.... i do not like the word god because it has been twisted and warped over the years and represents too many religions and confusion is inevitable... the word is simply to strong and dangerous in my opinion....
    I do not base any morals off of my belief... i simply just do what feels right.... to respect everyone, try my hardest and have a good, fun life.... i am not super dedicated to my belief as it is not very specific and detailed....
    I believe people can practice there religion anywhere they want but if it causes conflicts then it must be banned in the specific location (e.x. school) no limits unless comfortable (e.x. church)
    just know this... god said that he will never leave or forsake you for you are his child so doing so he is giving you a chance to turn your life around and do his will (which is not much but read his word go to church and bring others to him helping him spread his glory around the world) so no matter if you don't believe in him he is always watching over you making sure you are safe giving you up untill the time of your passing to become one with him
     
         

  23. #173
    Still G.O.D. Gingka Uzumaki's Avatar
    Status
    Gingka Uzumaki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Live.Love.Rigby.
    Posts
    9,578
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeezus in that SLR
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    This thread should stay here alive for everyone to see about what happens when you get bested by a Christian in life and God doesn't strike that person down because you want him to.
     
         

  24. #174
    Selendrile's Avatar
    Status
    Selendrile is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Dragon's Den
    Posts
    16,827
    Post Thanks / Like
    I ask not for lighter burdens,
    but for broader shoulders.
     



    Re: god doesn't exist

    Geez everyone is so touchy. Not confident in your own stance, so you dont want people talking about this?
     
         

  25. #175
    Kage of Toronto Toronto's Avatar
    Status
    Toronto is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Toronto!!!
    Posts
    350
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: god doesn't exist

    Quote Originally Posted by Itachilover94 View Post
    just know this... god said that he will never leave or forsake you for you are his child so doing so he is giving you a chance to turn your life around and do his will (which is not much but read his word go to church and bring others to him helping him spread his glory around the world) so no matter if you don't believe in him he is always watching over you making sure you are safe giving you up untill the time of your passing to become one with him
    Thank you..... and this is catholic/protestant/christian god im asuming?
     
         

Page 7 of 8 « First ... 345678 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •