Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

I feel like Star Wars will be that movie

I think it's the sort of movie that many people thought they liked within the first month or so just because of how excited they were and albeit better than the prequels. But eventually the disappointment will seep in and realize how much potential was wasted.

It's like Dark Knight Rises. Everyone loved it at first but then realized how much of a letdown it is.

Status
    Aug 2012
    I See The Truth

Re: I feel like Star Wars will be that movie

What's the name if the story or game on your sig reminds me of fire emblem

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by RasenUchihaChaos View Post
    What's the name if the story or game on your sig reminds me of fire emblem
    It's from a Yugioh card. But it's supposed to be King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. I just love the artwork and I'm in love with Arthurian mythology.

Status
    Mar 2014
    This user has no status.

Agreed. I walked out of the theaters really disappointed because there's way too much reused material from a New Hope. It's almost as if they were trying to retcon the original trilogy but it makes no sense because the original trilogy never needed such a thing.

I'll definitely admit that Lucas had a lot of bad execution with his prequels, but at least he didn't pull an Abrams and be afraid to do something new.

Last edited by UltraPain; 01-04-2016 at 10:22 AM.

Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

I loved Star Wars: The Force Awakens, though I did feel like the enemy the good characters had to defeat had constructed a Death Star 3.0.

The expanded universe of Star Wars no longer exists — Luke's children, Leia's children, Cade Skywalker — they are all gone. Star Wars Episode VIII will most likely make up for all the lost potential of episode VII.

Status
    Feb 2012
    Praise the Sun!

Quote Originally Posted by Luziel View Post
    I loved Star Wars: The Force Awakens, though I did feel like the enemy the good characters had to defeat had constructed a Death Star 3.0.

The expanded universe of Star Wars no longer exists — Luke's children, Leia's children, Cade Skywalker — they are all gone. Star Wars Episode VIII will most likely make up for all the lost potential of episode VII.
    Well I hope so.

One would think that having the expanded universe no longer canon would bring opportunity to make more original plotlines, yet Kylo Ren is essentially Jacen Solo and Rae is Jaina Solo.

~¦Prince and Heir¦~ 拮抗薬 Ambivalence's Avatar
    Status
    Delenda est.

I was disappointed with the movie, but I fully expected it to be mediocre. Not only was Disney in charge, but the trailer(s) didn't really look promising to me, contrary to everyone else (though people were mostly just excited to see their favorite saga back on the big screen).

Still better than Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

Status
    Apr 2011
    "I'm in charge! Jack
    Spicer! What'd you say? Jack
    Spicer! That's right!"

I disagree. Movie was a great balance of return to form, giving us Star Wars homage, and starting us on a new adventure. The next movie will be less tribute, so maybe people who had an issue with that will like it more. If that is your point, I can see it and agree to a point, but this movie was very much what it needed to be.

Also, although Rises has problems and is kind of a let down, I did enjoy it. Bane was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambivalence View Post
    I was disappointed with the movie, but I fully expected it to be mediocre. Not only was Disney in charge,
    Oh, **** off with the Disney BS. Disney makes AMAZING things. They didn't ruin Marvel like every idiot thought they would.

Status
    This user has no status.

I won't go into the Dark Knight Rises, because that movie is quite different from Star Wars.

OT:

I thought it was a good movie, but it was definitely not one of the better ones imo.

Status
    Jul 2015
    You will know pain

More like this is the type of movie that gets more dope as it ages and new movies come out that add more context to it

Status
    Mar 2014
    Don't waste your solitude!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraPain View Post
    Agreed. I walked out of the theaters really disappointed because there's way too much reused material from a New Hope. It's almost as if they were trying to retcon the original trilogy but it makes no sense because the original trilogy never needed such a thing.

I'll definitely admit that Lucas had a lot of bad execution with his prequels, but at least he didn't pull an Abrams and be afraid to do something new.
    I see your point. I loved the movie and thought it was better than the prequels. The prequels would have been better if Lucas had better direction. ROTS had a lot of great stuff, like Anakin taking the iconic suit. What I didn't like about TFA is that it undermines the events of the original trilogy. Han stopped being a smuggler, selfish but he goes back to doing his old habits. Luke never gave up on Vader and he always helped his friends but in TFA he goes into exile like Yoda. Which is really weird cause Luke would try to get Ren back like he did with Vader and he wouldn't just abandon his friends and leave them to deal with stuff without his help.
    OP: I remember seeing a clip of people from the Phantom Menace saying it was awesome. The hype for this movie will die down but I still think the movie will still be highly liked. We have to see in Ep.8 if they decide to make a really different plot or decide to play it safe.

Status
    Because that's what needs to
    happen. Because
    sometimes…the truth isn't
    good enough. Sometimes people
    deserve more. Sometimes people
    deserve to have their faith
    rewarded. [runs]

Tdkr is a masterpiece don't you ever dare

Status
    Apr 2014
    Naruto Shipuuden Ultimate
    Ninja Storm Revolution? I
    don't play it...

The movie was great, so no people won't realize that it was actually bad. Do some people tink that it is bad? Maybe, but they are a very small minority. It was what a Star Wars movie needed to be, and even though it is not perfect, i still enjoyed it a lot.