Page 1 of 9 12345 ... Last»

Hybrid View

Status
    Aug 2010
    She has set her foundation on the holy mountain. Selah!
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

►Oldies But Goldies◄

Oldies But Goldies

Do you remember the excitement when you were a kid, waking up early in the morning and dashing towards the television cause one of your favorite shows was coming and staring at it for countless of hours?
    Do you remember the sweet and tear dropping tunes of all the magnificent and magical cartoons of the days?

I know, I do.
    I remember and I have realized that I haven't seen nor have I heard any of the familiar tunes on the television these days. I have tried to watch the cartoons or TV-shows of today, and what I have seen, gave me a permanent brain damage.
    Where are the roots? Are the coming generations really going to life without the cartoons that gave us all those sweet memories.

I'll dedicate this thread to all you who feel the same as I and to all the youth over here, that have never seen or even heard of these.
    Know your roots and be illuminated with awesomeness.

I will post to this thread as frequently as I can with cartoons and TV-shows, and I wish that all the other older members, will follow my lead and keep the posts with much as information as you can.
    Let the good times roll.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: ►Oldies But Goldies◄

DuckTales

DuckTales is an American animated television series produced by Walt Disney Television Animation. Based on Carl Barks' Uncle Scrooge comic book series, it premiered on September 18, 1987 and ended on November 28, 1990 with a total of four seasons and 100 episodes.

The show features the adventures of Scrooge McDuck and his great-nephews. The nephews, who were originally living with their uncle Donald, are left in Scrooge's care when the former joins the Navy.
    Though Scrooge is the richest duck in the world, he constantly tries to find ways to increase his wealth. Many episodes involve protecting his wealth from villains who want to rob Scrooge of all his money. The prominent recurring antagonists in the show include the Beagle Boys and Magica De Spell who are always finding ways to rob and swindle Scrooge and his nephews. Scrooge's nemesis in the show is Flintheart Glomgold, who always tries to devise plans to dethrone Scrooge McDuck from his "Richest Duck in the World" title. A few of the stories also surround Scrooge's "Number One Dime" which is the source of Scrooge's good luck and wealth. Scrooge keeps the dime in a glass jar in his money vault, and constantly protects it from the villains on the show.

Invincible Immortal EternalMangekyouRinnegan's Avatar
    Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    One Piece > Naruto

Quote Originally Posted by Zerabitu View Post
    DuckTales

awww, I even sang along for the sake of the old times wease:

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

On August 1, 1999, seven children from Japan are suddenly thrust into a strange dimension called the "Digital World" while they are at summer camp. During their adventure, children Tai, Matt, Sora, Izzy, Mimi, Joe, and T.K., discover that they are in a land where digital creatures called "Digimon" dwell. Befriending seven other Digimon, the children learn that they have the ability to help their partners digitally evolve (digivolve) into stronger, powerful forms that can combat enemies for a short amount of time. Setting off on their journey, the children start searching for a way home.
    Arc 1 (episodes 1-13)
    The children later learn that they are the "DigiDestined", chosen children with compatibilities with Digimon, and they are the only hope in destroying the evil that is slowly consuming the Digital World. When the culprit reveals himself to be Devimon, who sent Black Gears that would brainwash other Digimon into attacking them, he begins targeting T.K. and Patamon, as the two have the most effective power against him. Fortunately, Patamon, as Angemon, defeats him at the cost of his own life. However, Devimon is only a pawn in a greater threat, forcing the DigiDestined to move out across the world.
    Arc 2 (episodes 14-21)
    The DigiDestined travel to the continent Server and learn they have the ability to help their Digimon digivolve further with the power of Crests. However, Etemon, who runs his Dark Network across the continent, is also interested in them and attempts to prevent the DigiDestined from obtaining them. Once all the Crests have been gathered, Tai and MetalGreymon destroy Etemon and his Dark Network for good. Unfortunately, they slip into the Real World, where they realize that evil Digimon have begun crossing a dimensional gate from the Digital World to enter Earth.
    Arc 3 (episodes 22-39)
    Tai returns to the Digital World to round up the DigiDestined, where he learns of another threat, Myotismon, who is preventing them from working together and activating their Crests. When Myotismon fails, he decides to enter the Real World to capture a pre-destined eighth DigiDestined child. Once the DigiDestined return to their hometown, shortly after, Tai learns that his younger sister, Kari, is the eighth child and is partnered with Gatomon, one of Myotismon's henchmen. Once Myotismon is destroyed, the DigiDestined realize that the Digital World has grown worse since their departure.
    Arc 4 (episodes 40-54)
    Upon returning, the Dark Masters, four elite evil Digimon, reveal themselves to be the true culprits behind every enemy the DigiDestined had faced thus far. As the DigiDestined battle them while losing allies in the process, they experience hardships of their own, including their group temporarily disbanding. However, all of them realize they cannot save the Digital World without each other, and once the last Dark Master is defeated, Apocalymon reveals himself to be their final enemy. Once he is defeated, the children returned to the Real World, leaving their Digimon partners behind.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iwagakure no Sato

Doug is an American animated sitcom created by Jim Jinkins and co-produced by his studio, Jumbo Pictures (now known as Cartoon Pizza). Doug centers on the surreal and imaginative exploits of its title character, Douglas "Doug" Funnie, who experiences common predicaments while attending middle school. The series lampoons several topics, including puppy love, bullying, and rumors. Many episodes center around Doug's attempts to woo fellow classmate Patti Mayonnaise. Doug originally aired on Nickelodeon in the United States. It, along with Rugrats and The Ren & Stimpy Show, comprised the original three Nicktoons, premiering simultaneously on August 11, 1991 and ending in December 1994. Following the acquisition of the former Jumbo Pictures by Disney in 1996, the series aired on ABC as part of the former Disney's One Saturday Morning programming block. The second series premiered on September 7, 1996, and ended on June 26, 1999 while having a feature film adaption. In 2011, the Nickelodeon series became syndicated on TeenNick's then newly-debuted The '90s Are All That block.

Doug premiered on Nickelodeon on August 11, 1991 where it continued until December 16, 1994, and was aired in reruns until 2003, being the first Nicktoon. Doug was reran on Noggin since its launch date on February 2, 1999 until March 31, 2002 and later premiered in reruns on its former night-time shift block The N on April 1, 2002, where it continued until February 12, 2003, and was in reruns again until September 2006. Doug aired on Nick on CBS on September 14, 2002, and where it continued until September 11, 2004. As of 2009, Nickelodeon's Doug airs reruns on MTV Tr3́s affiliates bb KBEH and KMOH-TV (as an E/I program) in the US and on Nicktoonsters in the UK.
    In the first episode, Douglas Yancey Funnie and his family (Phil, Theda and sister Judy) arrive in a new town called Bluffington after moving away from their former residence in Bloatsburg. There, he meets Skeeter, Patti, Roger and Beebe, and his new life in a new town begins.

__

Not sure if this one would fall under a classic >.<

Jackie Chan Adventures, a US cartoon series that aired on the WB from 2000-2005. This animated series revolves around the life of a fictionalized version of the Hong Kong superstar Jackie Chan, who portrays an archeologist, and his family, including Uncle (yes, Uncle is his name), who is Jackie’s antique shop owner/master Chi wizard uncle, and Jade, Jackie’s mischievous niece. The Chan family travel around world collecting the twelve magical talismans (each representing an animal from the Chinese zodiac) to protect everyone from the criminal organization, The Dark Hand, and other “forces of darkness.”
    One of the main themes in Jackie Chan Adventures is “Magic must defeat Magic.” Thus, we often hear Uncle, the master Chi wizard, chanting the incantation “Yu Mo Gui Gwai Fai Di Zao” (妖魔鬼怪快啲走, literally meaning “Spirits, demons, ghosts, monsters, quickly leave.”) throughout the serie

Last edited by Mathias; 12-19-2011 at 09:10 AM.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not a sensei, just a guy
    who helps out with battle
    training

the cartoons they show now are really bad

UCHIHA: THE DEMON HUNTER Uchiha Paulsama's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger23 View Post
    the only ones i like that are new, are flapjack, and adventure time, and the looney toon show (even though its still counted as old)

cartoons are dying, now we have icarly and stupid dancing shows,

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im not a sensei, just a guy
    who helps out with battle
    training

Quote Originally Posted by uchiha paulsama View Post
    the only ones i like that are new, are flapjack, and adventure time, and the looney toon show (even though its still counted as old)

cartoons are dying, now we have icarly and stupid dancing shows,
    yeah, the "new" cartoons suck now. stupid producers :flaw:

UCHIHA: THE DEMON HUNTER Uchiha Paulsama's Avatar
    Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

yeah, the "new" cartoons suck now. stupid producers :flaw:
    rugrats was a true cartoon i used to watch, i used to look forward to watching it:shrug:

this show is basically about what babies go through that the adults cant see, it was great how this show worked, this toon went so far, now nickolodian is corrupted with icarly and other known bull feces

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

rugrats was a true cartoon i used to watch, i used to look forward to watching it:shrug:

this show is basically about what babies go through that the adults cant see, it was great how this show worked, this toon went so far, now nickolodian is corrupted with icarly and other known bull feces
    Tommy taught me how to have no fear kekeke lol

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Oh man I remember my rugrat days...that is so nostalgic, when I was a kid that was my favorie show...I found it so adventurous and sooo entertaining I can't even explain to you how much I loved it lol

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    SENZU BEAN!!!

Yes they are and they even have canceled some of the educational shows like reading rainbow and Sesame street was on the brink. I loved Sesame street growing up!

Now cartoon network has real tv, wtf! it's mtv all over again!

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

If anyone is from Germany you'll surely remember this one. One of my favorites when I was a kid.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

terrible.i didnt even click in the vid,i could tell by the start.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by aradmehr View Post
    terrible.i didnt even click in the vid,i could tell by the start.
    I believe Roger23 was referring to the shows they show on television these days, not on the videos posted on this thread. But if you find these cartoons posted here, boring and bad enough that you won't even open the video to listen the intro, it just proves that you're way too young to understand what cartoons were all about.

They weren't meant to be just funny characters jumping around in colorful grass and singing songs about happiness. Not only that, but there were always, on each and every episode a message. Moral guides for children about friendship, lying, stealing, helping, loving, about the environment and so forth.
    The list doesn't even end there but it was not the idea to list them all here but to make you and others understand how important they used to be.
    If you watch cartoons these days, they are only meant to simply make money.
    Make toys and other franchise and make flashy things pop up on the screen to make children addicted. Any argument truly is invalid on this matter.
    There are nothing on the shows, the stories are terrible and the voice acting in the level of an brain dead squid.
    It is a sad sight to see how children grow up among these and it really breaks my heart.

But of course, we all have our opinions but I hope that even among the modern days cartoons and fads, people would take a step back, throw aside the ignorance and find their roots.
    That's all I hope. Not only for cartoons but for everything else as well.

Last edited by Zerabitu; 11-04-2011 at 08:37 AM.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Calm like a bomb.

The Reading Rainbow

Reading Rainbow is an American children's television series aired by PBS from June 6, 1983 until November 10, 2006 that encouraged reading among children. The award-winning public television series garnered over 200 broadcast awards, including scores of Emmy Awards, many for "Outstanding Children's Series". The series was created under the leadership of Cecily Truett Lancit and Larry Lancit, at Lancit Media Productions in New York. The concept of a reading series for children was inspired by Twila Liggett, Ph.D., of Lincoln, Nebraska of the Great Plains National Instructional Television Library at the University of Nebraska–Lincoln; Paul Schupbach, director of the Great Plains National Instructional Television LIbrary; and Tony Buttino, of WNED-TV Buffalo, New York. The original team included Lynne Brenner Ganek, Ellen Schecter, and LeVar Burton as host.

Each episode centers on a theme from a book or other children's literature which is explored through a number of segments or stories. The show also provides book recommendations for kids to look for when they go to the library. It is the third-longest running children's series in PBS history, after Mister Rogers' Neighborhood and Sesame Street. It was also one of the first PBS shows to be broadcast in stereo.

Reading Rainbow has won a Peabody Award and twenty-six Emmy Awards, ten of which were in the "Outstanding Children's Series" category.

Former executive producer LeVar Burton announced on his Twitter feed on March 19, 2010, that "Reading Rainbow 2.0 is in the works."

It was released on VHS by Children's Video Library, PBS Home Video, Schlessinger Media, and others.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

Where's the THANK YOU button?

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    drink up me hearties, yo ho

flintstones!!! im with u

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    What the hell is
    happeninnnngggggggg =]

Blue's Clues

Blue's Clues is an American children's television show airing on the Nickelodeon family of channels. The show premiered on September 8, 1996[1] and airs on Nick Jr. and other channels, although production of new episodes ceased by 2006. Versions of the show have been produced in other countries, most notably in the United Kingdom.[2] It was created by a "green team" of producers, Todd Kessler, Angela C. Santomero, and Traci Paige Johnson, who used concepts learned from child development and early-childhood education research to create a television show that would capture preschool children's attention and help them learn. They used the narrative format in their presentation of material, as opposed to the more traditional magazine format, and structured every episode the same way.

The result, Blue's Clues, has been called "one of the most successful, critically-acclaimed, and ground-breaking preschool television series of all time".[1] Author Malcolm Gladwell called the show "perhaps the 'stickiest'—meaning the most irresistible and involving—television show ever".[3] Its innovative use of research, technology, and interactive content has influenced its genre since its debut, including the "gold standard of preschool TV programs" that inspired it, Sesame Street.[4] It became the highest-rated show for preschoolers on commercial television, and received nine Emmy awards. Its efficacy in teaching children using the medium of television has been documented in research studies.[5][6]

Blue's Clues, shown in over sixty countries,[7] was first hosted by Steven Burns, and later by Donovan Patton (whose character is named Joe). A spin-off called Blue's Room premiered in 2004.

I miss this show.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

Captain Planet and the Planeteers

Captain Planet and the Planeteers is an American animated environmentalist television program, based on an idea by Ted Turner. The show was produced by Andy Heyward, Robby London, Barbara Pyle and Nicholas Boxer. The series was developed and co-produced by Turner Program Services along with the partnership of DiC Entertainment and ran episodes from September 15, 1990 until December 5, 1992. A sequel series, The New Adventures of Captain Planet, ran for three seasons and was produced by Turner Broadcasting and then-corporate sibling Hanna-Barbera Productions. Both programs continue today in syndication. The program is a form of edutainment and advocates environmentalism.

In February 2009, Mother Nature Network began airing episodes and unreleased footage of Captain Planet and the Planeteers on its website

*PS: Hanna-Barbera Rules!

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too many FTs.

I completely know what you're talking about!

+rep

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    O_O

Hong Kong Phooey

The series stars Hong Kong Phooey, the “number one super guy” who travels about the city in his “Phooeymobile”, fighting crime with the aid of his manual, The Hong Kong Book Of Kung Fu. The stories begin at the police headquarters, where Hong Kong Phooey's alter ego, Penry, works as a mild-mannered janitor under the glare of Sergeant Flint ("Sarge"). Also at the police station is Rosemary, the telephone operator, who has a crush on Hong Kong Phooey. After Rosemary gets a call and explains the crime, Penry runs into a filing cabinet and (always getting stuck) transforms himself into Hong Kong Phooey.
    Despite the theme song, Hong Kong Phooey is a classic screw-up, and often fails to save the city only to be saved by his sidekick pet cat, Spot. In a few rare circumstances, Hong Kong Phooey actually does save the city, but usually as an unintended side effect of his intended attack going horribly wrong. Hong Kong Phooey is a respected superhero who always gets full credit for Spot’s success.
    A running gag is that Hong Kong Phooey is such a respected hero that when his incompetence causes him to crash into, harm, or otherwise inconvenience a civilian, the passerby feels honored as opposed to annoyed or embarrassed, such as when he drove the Phooeymobile through wet cement, splattering the workers, who responded that it was an honor to have a whole day's work ruined by "the great Hong Kong Phooey."

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Oh my goodness. I'm away for 2minutes and theres so many awesome posts.

Status
    May 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Loved it when I was younger... Bompi Bears

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by ~The Norwegian~ View Post