Page 2 of 3 « First 123 Last»
    Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Re: Itachi VS Minato

actually id say people overrate him, because of FTG and his space-time techniques, i sometimes do this as well but i think itachi would win this since tsukuyomi is instant and unbreakable by any but a sharingan user.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I think too that itachi would win. But there is too many holes.
    What if Minato just goes dodging and running around the location?? xD
    FTG throws kunai in the sky then in the ground then behind itachi?? :D
    And we dont know any jutsu what minato had exepct rasengan and ftg.
    He had sealing jutsus too.
    What if he could seal itachi before tsukuyomi???

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoko View Post
    actually id say people overrate him, because of FTG and his space-time techniques, i sometimes do this as well but i think itachi would win this since tsukuyomi is instant and unbreakable by any but a sharingan user.
    That's right. Minato sure has surreal jutsus. :shrug:

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Davor97 View Post
    I think too that itachi would win. But there is too many holes.
    What if Minato just goes dodging and running around the location?? xD
    FTG throws kunai in the sky then in the ground then behind itachi?? :D
    And we dont know any jutsu what minato had exepct rasengan and ftg.
    He had sealing jutsus too.
    What if he could seal itachi before tsukuyomi???
    Then let's just say that Itachi is stronger than current Minato.

Status
    Aug 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

To prevent 5th fannboys war.
    I just go with a TIE.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    A mind needs books, as a sword
    needs a whetstone, if it is to
    keep its edge.

Quote Originally Posted by joodaa View Post
    Yeh but thats orochimaru its almost like his weakness is genjutsu, also theres a reason why minato was picked over him
    Minato was only picked over oro , because third found out about his sadistic ways, he was testing on human bodies etc,

Uzumaki Clan Surviver
    Status
    Nov 2011
    Romania, Europe, Terra, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe, Bigger Universe, Infinity
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

We know Minato's speed is superior to Itachi (Itachi is one of my favorites along Minato), we also watched Tobi vs Minato and who won? - Minato! ...However Itachi in his freshest state would be a BIG problem for the fourth, i mean Orochimaru was supposed to become the 4th yet he was beaten too easily by Itachi!! In my opinion all depends on circumstances, like in many great battles...so the winner could be anyone of these 2...

Status
    Sep 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by devojoyti halder View Post
    Hmm......Lets think........
    Minato-Ftg, toad summoning, incredible speed, rasengan(incomplete) high level taijutsu..........
    Itachi-Mangekyou sharingan-amaterasu, tsukuyomi, susanoo, powerful fire tecniques, water tecniques, genjutsu, high level taijutsu........

Itachi got more techniques, moreover, itachi has different types of devastating techniques, including genjutsu, minato got teleporting ftg, rasengan.
    ITachi wins this by MS techniques, and genjutsu.
    Since minato was jiraya's student, we can say that minato didn't had a good protection against genjutsu, since jiraya's weakness was genjutsu.

Itachi wins. and now, don't flame over me you minato fanboys with nonsense reasons to make minato win, it is judged.
    I have thought endlessly about this duel b4 but I believe no1 can make a substantial argument as to why 1 would win for sure. Minato being Jiraiya's student doesnt mean he is weak against gen. He taught jiraiya many things himself. Minato is a genius afterall. He used a seal to break tobi's gen over the fox without him noticing. Minato main attribute is his speed which may not be as effective against itachi. Soo many factors can cause either of them to win as they are both geniuses with comparable intellects

Agil plz... love me Kira was Righteous's Avatar
    Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kaguya who was manipulating BZ
    manipulating Madara
    manipulating Obito
    manipulating Nagato
    manipulating Tendo
    manipulating Sasori
    manipulating Kabuto
    manipulating Dan manipulating
    Tsuande manipulating Shizuke
    manipulating TonTon
    manipulating Nagat dog

Both can win how could Itachi catch him and how would Minato break through his susanoo typical body vs eyes fight would depend on who can outlast the other

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

well I guess It'll depend on the storyboard writer.

Great Teacher Onizuka brockleetastesgood's Avatar
    Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

based on the info given about their abilities i would say itachi...
    it would be hard considering that all Monato has to do is put a tag on his back and he can then hit him with a rasengan but its not even close to being that simple with itachi...

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Hmm yes Itachi Can win, hes Very very smart aswell But we need more info about Minato and not only his 4 techniques And btw i was wondering how when some1 said about the fight when minato and tobi had it on and Minato looked straight in tobis eyes and that if he done that to Itachi, than yes its over for Minato...which can be true but think about it, if Minato looked straight at a Sharingan don't you think he has a counter attack to it because he knows what a sharingan is capable of doing, i mean after all he did run a village where sharingan users grew up ...He might have a counter Technique and btw if Minato threw kunai and than he got caught in Itachi's Tsukuyomi, is there a chance where Minato can teleport out of Tsukuyomi to the outside kunai?

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    keep its edge.

Quote Originally Posted by KSM View Post
    Hmm yes Itachi Can win, hes Very very smart aswell But we need more info about Minato and not only his 4 techniques And btw i was wondering how when some1 said about the fight when minato and tobi had it on and Minato looked straight in tobis eyes and that if he done that to Itachi, than yes its over for Minato...which can be true but think about it, if Minato looked straight at a Sharingan don't you think he has a counter attack to it because he knows what a sharingan is capable of doing, i mean after all he did run a village where sharingan users grew up ...He might have a counter Technique and btw if Minato threw kunai and than he got caught in Itachi's Tsukuyomi, is there a chance where Minato can teleport out of Tsukuyomi to the outside kunai?

It's possible minato was confident he could break a normal sharingan genjutsu, so he looked into tobi's eyes, BUT he would not have knowledge of mangekyou sharingan- tsukyomi, and no he can't teleport out of tsukyomi , because it lasts 1 second

Most smart people know that looking at a sharingan may get you into a genjutsu, but they do it anways....Gaara,mei ,A ,Killerbee,Shee,Jiraya,Orochimaru,Asuma,Kurenai,Ka kashi all looked into sharingans, Oonoki being the only kage to warn the fodder ninja not to look into Madara's eyes,

They still lookinto the eyes, because that's how they are accustomed fighting, Unless you've has experience fighting sharingan users all the time, Like first hokage,2nd hokage, Might guy, Oonoki, there is nothing you can do

Last edited by Owarij; 11-06-2011 at 06:01 AM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Owarij View Post
    It's possible minato was confident he could break a normal sharingan genjutsu, so he looked into tobi's eyes, BUT he would not have knowledge of mangekyou sharingan- tsukyomi, and no he can't teleport out of tsukyomi , because it lasts 1 second
    True but You never know if he didnt have knowledge of MS and ya Tsukuyomi does take 1sec but Minato can tele faster than that haha but i gave it a try

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by KSM View Post
    is there a chance where Minato can teleport out of Tsukuyomi to the outside kunai?
    I'm quite negative about that. As far as my understanding of what the jutsu is concerned, FTG is only on the physical world, not on the mental one. And tsukuyomi is irreversible by any jutsu at hand.

Status
    Nov 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

minato of course.

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Minato needs to place a kunai near Itachi when Susano'o is down for an opening.

Itachi needs Minato to look at his fingers or eyes for an opening.

Itachi has more utility (clones, genjutsu, Susano'o) and is faster than Killer Bee.

I don't see how Minato wins at all.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalMonster View Post
    Minato needs to place a kunai near Itachi when Susano'o is down for an opening.

Itachi needs Minato to look at his fingers or eyes for an opening.

Itachi has more utility (clones, genjutsu, Susano'o) and is faster than Killer Bee.

I don't see how Minato wins at all.
    I agree with that.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Well its really hard to say, but minato beat tobi and itachi never went to fight him, why? even if he knew it would help konoha and whole world if he killed him. It might be because he didnt found him, or he didnt even want to find him. Then also it might be because he knew he couldt win him, also itachi were still very young he wouldve gotten much stronger in 10 years, so dunno.

Status
    Jan 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next time

itachi

Status
    Jun 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Itachi held off Tobi's plan much,much longer than Minato did.

~snip~

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Minato would be smart enough not to look into Itachi's eyes if he knows what's good for him and even if he does not look at Itachi, you say that Amaterasu will burn Minato if he does not look at Itachi?

Well, Minato should be fast enough to dodge that tech. as it is kinda slow comparing to Minato's speed or even FTG.

But iBelieve that Itachi is capable of beating Minato with Susanoo. You can't beat what you can't hurt eh?
    iPersonally think Minato's arsenal does not have enough fire power to bring down Itachi's Susanoo but the 4th MAY be able to use his wit to beat the Susanoo instead though.

The 4th could have just placed a seal on Itachi before he activated his Susanoo and from there used FTG to infiltrate the Susanoo and go for the kill..

Thinking that Minato has won.. He notices that the corpse of Itachi's body begins to turn into crows and flies away..
    Minato's worst fears are now realized!
    As when he went for the attack against Itachi, he had to take a look at his target and hence eyes met contact and behold!

TSUKUYOMI!!

Last edited by Uchiha Dan; 11-07-2011 at 03:24 AM.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Dan View Post
    Minato would be smart enough not to look into Itachi's eyes if he knows what's good for him and even if he does not look at Itachi, you say that Amaterasu will burn Minato if he does not look at Itachi?

Well, Minato should be fast enough to dodge that tech. as it is kinda slow comparing to Minato's speed or even FTG.

But iBelieve that Itachi is capable of beating Minato Susanoo. You can't beat what you can't hurt eh?
    iPersonally think Minato's arsenal does not have enough fire power to bring down Itachi's Susanoo but the 4th MAY be able to use his wit to beat the Susanoo instead though.

The 4th could have just placed a seal on Itachi before he activated his Susanoo and from there used FTG to infiltrate the Susanoo and go for the kill..

Thinking that Minato has won.. He notices that the corpse of Itachi's body begins to turn into crows and flies away..
    As when he went for the attack against Itachi, he had to take a look at his target and hence eyes met contact and behold!

TSUKUYOMI!!
    But FTG doesn need any seals, do u think itachi can still keep TSYKUYOMI if he goes far away? i dont think so, i think it needs eye contact.

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLaw View Post
    But FTG doesn need any seals, do u think itachi can still keep TSYKUYOMI if he goes far away? i dont think so, i think it needs eye contact.
    1. To activate this the Flying God Technique, the user needs a special seal or "technique formula" (術式, jutsu-shiki) to mark the destination.

*Source: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Flying_Thunder_God

2. At that brief moment when Minato uses FTG to get close to Itachi, allowing him to make the kill, (assuming that at such close distance Minato could not possibly avoid Itachi's eyes) and from there Itachi will be able to activate his Tsukuyomi at that point in time.

That was what iMeant. Sorry. =]

Status
    Oct 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    keep its edge.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchiha Dan View Post

But iBelieve that Itachi is capable of beating Minato with Susanoo. You can't beat what you can't hurt eh?

TSUKUYOMI!!

yea, minato would be smart enough to not look into Itachi's eyes? just like he totally didn't look into tobi's eyes

^ sarcasmm.....

Bches plz...
    Minato gets pwned from the get-go