Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 28
  1. #1
    Taka Sasuke of the akatsuki's Avatar
    Status
    Sasuke of the akatsuki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't hate; Appreciate
     

    Should i read or watch OP?

    :shrug::confused:
     
         

  2. #2
    Nura Clan ~Rihan~'s Avatar
    Status
    ~Rihan~ is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Giha Village
    Posts
    10,847
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    watch lol it's way better lol
     
         

  3. #3
    Akagami no Shankusu -Shanks-'s Avatar
    Status
    -Shanks- is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Frappéland
    Posts
    2,666
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     



    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    How about both. Start reading first is my opinion
     
         

  4. #4
    Do you want air? Air's Avatar
    Status
    Air is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    336
    Post Thanks / Like
    Summer Knights
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    I prefer reading it.
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member aniwth0z's Avatar
    Status
    aniwth0z is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    greece
    Posts
    1,465
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    watch
     
         

  6. #6
    Member Tobione's Avatar
    Status
    Tobione is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    473
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    one peice is kinda overrated
     
         

  7. #7
    'Kurapika's Avatar
    Status
    'Kurapika is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status or
    wealth
     



    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    reading the manga is way faster , and since there is over 500 episodes that means over 10,000 minutes of watching , which means 166.666 hours of watching
    that is a lot of watching you know
    so you should read the manga and find the battles on youtube
     
         

  8. #8
    Chillin, You? Akademic's Avatar
    Status
    Akademic is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Calgary,AB
    Posts
    995
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    read one piece romance dawn, then watch the anime. the story starts of kinda boring at first but gets really interesting. i actually prefer it more then bleach/naruto. so yah its up to you
     
         

  9. #9
    I'm sexy and I know it Haruno Hyuuga Yamanaka's Avatar
    Status
    Haruno Hyuuga Yamanaka is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    450
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    Depends on what you like. The good thing about OP is, there aren't many fillers, and the actual fillers are surprisingly short (the longest one is the Navarone arc which is about 12 or so episodes, the longest of all filler arcs!) So if you like anime but hate fillers (like me) I recommend anime.

    The manga's good too, but the artwork at the beginning isn't as good as it is nowadays, so beware!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobione View Post
    one peice is kinda overrated
    May I ask what is your base for that statement, please?
     
         

  10. #10
    Senior Member PandaMan.'s Avatar
    Status
    PandaMan. is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    A bit to the left from that one spot
    Posts
    4,427
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is new
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    Read first 120 then start watching
     
         

  11. #11
    Banned
    Status
    Peace Maker is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Moon
    Posts
    1,615
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    ur too late ~..
    anyways, i prefer to read it ...
     
         

  12. #12
    Member Tobione's Avatar
    Status
    Tobione is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    473
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haruno Hyuuga Yamanaka View Post
    Depends on what you like. The good thing about OP is, there aren't many fillers, and the actual fillers are surprisingly short (the longest one is the Navarone arc which is about 12 or so episodes, the longest of all filler arcs!) So if you like anime but hate fillers (like me) I recommend anime.

    The manga's good too, but the artwork at the beginning isn't as good as it is nowadays, so beware!!



    May I ask what is your base for that statement, please?
    rea

    just how i feel about it

    Im not really comfortable with trunks being such a whiny beach all the time
    and everyone talks like its the best ever
    omfg stretchy arms pirate guy oOoOoOo im sure capn jack sparrow is gunna do that in a pirates sequel
    I just feel like the story is childish and underdeveloped along with the repetitive plot cycles
    maybe i just dont like pirates im not sure
     
         

  13. #13
    Cigars Nom Nom Skruffy's Avatar
    Status
    Skruffy is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Washington DC
    Posts
    584
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    I would watch it.. but........

    It is a little childish (at times).

    If you didnt like naruto, you probably won't like OP
     
         

  14. #14
    Taka Sasuke of the akatsuki's Avatar
    Status
    Sasuke of the akatsuki is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    1,093
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't hate; Appreciate
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skruffy View Post
    I would watch it.. but........

    It is a little childish (at times).

    If you didnt like naruto, you probably won't like OP
    i do like naruto, that's why i joined the forums.
     
         

  15. #15
    'Kurapika's Avatar
    Status
    'Kurapika is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    9,476
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status or
    wealth
     



    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Skruffy View Post
    I would watch it.. but........

    It is a little childish (at times).

    If you didnt like naruto, you probably won't like OP
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke of the akatsuki View Post
    i do like naruto, that's why i joined the forums.
    this made me laugh
     
         

  16. #16
    I'm sexy and I know it Haruno Hyuuga Yamanaka's Avatar
    Status
    Haruno Hyuuga Yamanaka is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    450
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobione View Post
    rea

    just how i feel about it

    Im not really comfortable with trunks being such a whiny beach all the time
    and everyone talks like its the best ever
    omfg stretchy arms pirate guy oOoOoOo im sure capn jack sparrow is gunna do that in a pirates sequel
    I just feel like the story is childish and underdeveloped along with the repetitive plot cycles
    maybe i just dont like pirates im not sure
    I see. However, you are not correct.

    First of all, I'm pretty sure beaches can't whine, and Trunks is a character from DBZ if I'm not mistaken. Which character are you referring to? Unlike most animes, OP doesn't have whiny, useless *****es on their main cast. (I mean, even Coby, of all people, becomes awesome at the end!)

    Second, I don't like people complaining about an anime/manga without reading or watching it. It's just pointless. I could easily go look at the first or second Naruto episode and conclude "Naruto's an idiot whose only power is to multiply himself, Sasuke's an asexual emo and all Sakura can say is Sasuke's name." The end. However, if I watch later episodes, such as Sakura vs Sasori, Sasuke vs Itachi, Naruto vs Neji, Naruto vs Pain, Naruto vs Gaara.... see my point? You need to watch a series before commenting on it. You can't judge a book by it's cover.

    Oh, I'm sorry, the story's childish? It's far from childish. Let's see a couple of plots from One Piece:

    -Blackmailing and murdering rich, lonely girls in order to inherit their money (Kuro)
    -Starvation, attempt of murder at the age of 9, smoking since the age of 12, repetitive cussing (Sanji)
    -Murder, corruption, kidnap of little girls, racism (Arlong)
    -Attempt of suicide (Nami)
    -Corruption, political facade, murder and attempt to murder a princess and his secretary (Crocodile)
    -"Suicide" (Pell)
    -Nudism (Bon Clay, Nami, Robin, Hancock)
    -Attempt of murder (Robin to Tashigi)
    -Murder (Luffy, Akainu, Robin, Zoro, Blackbeard, Whitebeard and so many more)
    -Murder, attempt of murder, religious topics, narcicism, belief that God must be omnipotent and destroy everything on its path (Enel)
    -Attempt of murder (again, this time Conis)
    -Slavery (Hancock, Camie, Rayleigh, Hachi, Fisher Tiger, Koala and others)
    -Nobility and priviliges (Tenryuubito)
    -Murder of 10 year old children on-screen
    -Attempt to rape (Absalom to Nami)
    -Racism (Hodi Jones, Jinbei, Tenryuubito, Otohime, Shirahoshi, and others)

    And many others which slip off my mind right now. Does it still sound childish?

    Please read/watch before commenting. It's just stupid otherwise.
     
         

  17. #17
    Cool Guy Swizzik's Avatar
    Status
    Swizzik is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Boston,MA
    Posts
    7,980
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    Naruto is overrated.
     
         

  18. #18
    Member Tobione's Avatar
    Status
    Tobione is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    473
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Haruno Hyuuga Yamanaka View Post
    I see. However, you are not correct.

    First of all, I'm pretty sure beaches can't whine, and Trunks is a character from DBZ if I'm not mistaken. Which character are you referring to? Unlike most animes, OP doesn't have whiny, useless *****es on their main cast. (I mean, even Coby, of all people, becomes awesome at the end!)

    Second, I don't like people complaining about an anime/manga without reading or watching it. It's just pointless. I could easily go look at the first or second Naruto episode and conclude "Naruto's an idiot whose only power is to multiply himself, Sasuke's an asexual emo and all Sakura can say is Sasuke's name." The end. However, if I watch later episodes, such as Sakura vs Sasori, Sasuke vs Itachi, Naruto vs Neji, Naruto vs Pain, Naruto vs Gaara.... see my point? You need to watch a series before commenting on it. You can't judge a book by it's cover.

    Oh, I'm sorry, the story's childish? It's far from childish. Let's see a couple of plots from One Piece:

    -Blackmailing and murdering rich, lonely girls in order to inherit their money (Kuro)
    -Starvation, attempt of murder at the age of 9, smoking since the age of 12, repetitive cussing (Sanji)
    -Murder, corruption, kidnap of little girls, racism (Arlong)
    -Attempt of suicide (Nami)
    -Corruption, political facade, murder and attempt to murder a princess and his secretary (Crocodile)
    -"Suicide" (Pell)
    -Nudism (Bon Clay, Nami, Robin, Hancock)
    -Attempt of murder (Robin to Tashigi)
    -Murder (Luffy, Akainu, Robin, Zoro, Blackbeard, Whitebeard and so many more)
    -Murder, attempt of murder, religious topics, narcicism, belief that God must be omnipotent and destroy everything on its path (Enel)
    -Attempt of murder (again, this time Conis)
    -Slavery (Hancock, Camie, Rayleigh, Hachi, Fisher Tiger, Koala and others)
    -Nobility and priviliges (Tenryuubito)
    -Murder of 10 year old children on-screen
    -Attempt to rape (Absalom to Nami)
    -Racism (Hodi Jones, Jinbei, Tenryuubito, Otohime, Shirahoshi, and others)

    And many others which slip off my mind right now. Does it still sound childish?

    Please read/watch before commenting. It's just stupid otherwise.


    to not see teh resemblance between coby and trunks is just looking the otherway when a baby gets hit by a car...

    well lets see
    disney movies actually cover alot of the your supposed anti childish plots
    Lion king (murder)
    dumbo (rascism and intoxication)
    aladdin (black mail of royalty and suggested rape)
    Mulan(nobility and privelege)
    nightmare before christmas (suicide and murder)
    there was also the story of that man who
    tried to beat a drill animated by the disney channel
    (slavery rascism)

    like you can nitpick all you want
     
         

  19. #19
    I'm sexy and I know it Haruno Hyuuga Yamanaka's Avatar
    Status
    Haruno Hyuuga Yamanaka is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    450
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobione View Post
    to not see teh resemblance between coby and trunks is just looking the otherway when a baby gets hit by a car...

    well lets see
    disney movies actually cover alot of the your supposed anti childish plots
    Lion king (murder)
    dumbo (rascism and intoxication)
    aladdin (black mail of royalty and suggested rape)
    Mulan(nobility and privelege)
    nightmare before christmas (suicide and murder)
    there was also the story of that man who
    tried to beat a drill animated by the disney channel
    (slavery rascism)

    like you can nitpick all you want
    Yes I am aware that disney movies have some subplots that aren't very child-friendly (don't forget the hunchback of notre dame! there's racism towards gypsies, discrimination towards the hunchback, murder and attempt to, and let's not forget the lust and sexual desire a holy man -Frodo- has for the gypsy Esmeralda).

    Still, I don't see your point in that list. Was it supposed to defend the fact that One Piece is, as you claim, chidlish? If it was, please explain yourself, for I don't udnerstand. All I get is that Walt Disney put a few more adult plots in child movies.

    I haven't watched Dragon Ball (at least not completely, just a few parts here and there) so I don't know much (that is to say, I know practically nothing) about Trunks. Hence the reason why I didn't see the resemblance.

    However, Coby isn't the whiny fat guy from the start the rest of the story. As from Water 7, he changes... drastically. He is the person who stops the Whitebeard War (before Shanks shows up) and is a haki user. Since you don't know what haki is, you won't guess that this is something important that makes him a very strong oponnent, specially after the 2 years he is given for training.
     
         

  20. #20
    Obito's Boss deidara senpai's Avatar
    Status
    deidara senpai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    afterlife and not coming back :(
    Posts
    4,396
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you think deidara wins or
    loses a match that we both
    disagree on, your wrong and
    ill easily prove you why you
    are i know this guy like the
    back of my hand
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    watch up until the current episode than read and keep reading
     
         

  21. #21
    Member Nikos150's Avatar
    Status
    Nikos150 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    129
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobione View Post
    to not see teh resemblance between coby and trunks is just looking the otherway when a baby gets hit by a car...
    have you watched one piece?? well i guess the answer is no, so how can you say your opinion about coby when you know nothing about him? it's common sense, i don't know shit about something, i can't have an opinion about something...
     
         
    Last edited by Nikos150; 11-07-2011 at 09:41 PM.

  22. #22
    I'm sexy and I know it Haruno Hyuuga Yamanaka's Avatar
    Status
    Haruno Hyuuga Yamanaka is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    450
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikos150 View Post
    have you watched one piece?? well i guess the answer is no, so how can you say your opinion about coby when you know nothing about him? it's common sense, i don't know shit about something, i can't have an opinion about something...
    As you see, he didn't even reply properly to my previous message.
    I think my point was clear enough: pointless hate for no reason just makes you look like an idiot.

    I still don't see the resemblance between these two though:





    Or maybe I got Trunks wrong (just clicked on the first image that appeared, haven't seen DBZ... yet!) Or maybe it's just me? :ghehe:
     
         
    Last edited by Haruno Hyuuga Yamanaka; 11-07-2011 at 09:56 PM.

  23. #23
    . lubricati0n's Avatar
    Status
    lubricati0n is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobione View Post
    rea

    just how i feel about it

    Im not really comfortable with trunks being such a whiny beach all the time
    and everyone talks like its the best ever
    omfg stretchy arms pirate guy oOoOoOo im sure capn jack sparrow is gunna do that in a pirates sequel
    I just feel like the story is childish and underdeveloped along with the repetitive plot cycles
    maybe i just dont like pirates im not sure
    Nope, Naruto is overrated, also who is Trunks?

    Omfg Ninjas Im sure someones gonna try and throw some knives and spam imaginative jutsu irl.

    Underdeveloped? So which episode did you watch up to? 20? like the last guy?

    Repetitive plot cycles? Says a Naruto fan, Naruto is way more repetitive.
     
         

  24. #24
    Senior Member sexyprep1's Avatar
    Status
    sexyprep1 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Haine city, Florida
    Posts
    2,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    you should read first it will help you enjoy and hate some parts of the anime lol lots of mistakes
     
         

  25. #25
    Uchiha seeker's Avatar
    Status
    Uchiha seeker is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    13,281
    Post Thanks / Like
    Next time
     

    Re: Should i read or watch OP?

    i read it
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •