I don't know you, but I will
    find you, and I will lame you)
    Not before I find you and Lame
    you! This is bullying, you
    lame lamer!

Re: Nico Robin and Monkey D. ____________

Quote Originally Posted by Boa Hancock View Post
    Eh, miss LC.
    , the thing is, as far as we know, Kuma's power is to push stuff. So he can choose the place where he wants people to be pushed to. So there has to be a reason, to Kumo, for him to send Brook to where he did, unless it was
    completely random. I fear Oda forgot about that little detail.

Again, I'm not saying that Brook wasn't sent to the best place possible, I'm saying that I don't know why would Kuma know that it would be the best place possible.

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

... because it's a musically-inclined island? I don't know myself either.

I think we'll meet Kuma again. As in the original one, and we'll know why. I doubt Dragon told Robin everything.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is new

Quote Originally Posted by Lili-Chwan View Post
    When the Revolutionary Army arrived to Tequilla Wolf, they were surprised to see Robin there, nonetheless, they revealed that they had been looking for Robin for quite some years, but were never successful.

Like someone said before, the Phoneglyphs tell the story of a civilization whose enemies are now know as the World Government. The Revolutionary Army, lead by Dragon, wants to fight that same Government. I don't think that they are simply a group of headless punks that were sad that the government didn't allow them to grafitti the walls. The Revolutionaries know how the Islands that do not belong to the WG feel, and they know of all the corruption that exists. Even though no one (almost no one) knows what happened in the Void Century, everyone with a little bit of intelligence knows that it is something the WG wants to cover up.

As of now, Robin is the only one who can read the Phoneglymphs, and the only thus the only remaining link to the Void Century. I believe that when Dragon started to look for Robin, he found something of great importance about it. Something that still wasn't revealed, but I'm sure it will be in due time. Likewise, the Revolutionary Army has extremely strong military power and espionage power. Both fit Robin's style very well.
    Also sending her there to see the dark side of the WG even further, where it makes people that are not allied with them into slaves. Maybe as a way to keep her inspired

That would be why Kuma sent her there. It was not random at all.

Also I'd like to add:

Luffy - He was sent to the Island of Women, not to Rayleigh. He was sent there because they are the masters of Haki. Luffy was shown to possess a powerful dormant Haki, and sending him to a place where it would be sure he would experience it in first hand is quite an obvious choice.

Zoro - Yeah, you are right.

Nami - Correct

Usopp - The Boing Archipelago represent a great challenge for Usopp. He needed to man up, gain courage.

Sanji - Not because of Shemales. It was because of the Martial Arts and the Enhanced Food.

Chopper - Sort of, ok. It was because Torino Kingdom holds, probably, the most advanced medical and herb knowledge in the world.

Robin - Said above.

Franky - , it was because it was the home town of Dr. Vegapunk, of course, the greatest mind alive in the world, one could say the best Inventor there is.

Brook - Yeah, I don't know either. They were having a satanical ritual, yet I don't know how could Kuma know this. The location where he was sent to was pretty random, unless I am missing something. Though one could say that Kuma knew that in that location, the Long armed tribe and the normal armed tribe were fighting each other. We know that they were doing it because they found the other to be really weird. Who is even weirder? Brook lol. I could say that they were known slave traders, that's why Kuma knew about them.
    O_o I oversimplified myself

Status
    Post Thanks / Like
    Myobokuzan or die.

Quote Originally Posted by Boa Hancock View Post
    ... because it's a musically-inclined island? I don't know myself either.

I think we'll meet Kuma again. As in the original one, and we'll know why. I doubt Dragon told Robin everything.
    I have a feeling Dragon is the intellect of the Monkey family.
    He probably schooled her, and trained her in hand to hand combat.

As for Brooks, idk
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokun View Post
    O_o I oversimplified myself
    Pretty Much!

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! Don't go call my status
    lame! - Ok then you're lame! (
    lame lamer!

I believe all the men in the Monkey family are determined and strong willed. The "intellect" part belongs to the women
    I will squeak when Oda gives us a Mrs Monkey, either Granny D. Monkey or Mommy D. Monkey, but I'd prefer Mommy

Status
    Apr 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.

I don't think Brook was sent randomly. The long arm tribe have some kind of musical link. Scratchman Apoo is a longarm too. And the other tribe practiced satanic rituals
    They gave/taught/sharpned Brook his "icesword" and he learned how he was able to leave his body.
    So he could train two skills there.

If Kuma knew that much about other islands, you can assume he knew that much about Brook's island. Music and devils. I mean the guy was 90% computer at the time, he must've had an enourmous amount of information. Revolutionary + WG.

Besides I think Kuma's role isn't done yet. He probably did it to infiltrate the navy or something. We know so little of Vegapunk but is he/she really just a puppet of the marines ?

Status
    Sep 2008
    Post Thanks / Like
    Screw CN

Well I remember when Garp told Luffy about Dragon being Luffy's dad Robin had a interesting reaction after she explained to Luffy what the Revolutionary's where. She said "If Dragon is Luffy's dad then that means..." & then she trailed off. Maybe she was talking about Luffy's mom? But I have know idea why Luffy's mom would matter to Robin though.

Status
    Jul 2011
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you think deidara wins or
    loses a match that we both
    disagree on, your wrong and
    ill easily prove you why you
    are i know this guy like the
    back of my hand

IMO the reason why dragon wanted to see robin is because of the following

-her history with the government
    -one of his own sons crew mates
    -he wants to gain the ultimate weapon ex.pluton plus i think theirs more out their and dragon wants them to stop the world government so why not have some nice weapons

i highly doubt she told the location of pluton to him probably taught him how to read the Poneglyphs and dragon can now look for them himself for the weapon

and if this already happened im sorry i only watched like half of the characters locations episodes and sadly i missed my favorite sh pirate character im going to watch robins now

Status
    Jun 2009
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey! Don't go call my status
    lame! - Ok then you're lame! (
    lame lamer!

Quote Originally Posted by Love Cook View Post
    I don't think Brook was sent randomly. The long arm tribe have some kind of musical link. Scratchman Apoo is a longarm too. And the other tribe practiced satanic rituals
    They gave/taught/sharpned Brook his "icesword" and he learned how he was able to leave his body.
    So he could train two skills there.

If Kuma knew that much about other islands, you can assume he knew that much about Brook's island. Music and devils. I mean the guy was 90% computer at the time, he must've had an enourmous amount of information. Revolutionary + WG.

Besides I think Kuma's role isn't done yet. He probably did it to infiltrate the navy or something. We know so little of Vegapunk but is he/she really just a puppet of the marines ?
    Feasible, I believe.

I don't think his role is done yet either. Following my line of thoughts, Kuma was maybe sent to the WG in order to make the link between the Revolutionaries and Dr. Vegapunk.

Quote Originally Posted by cryhwks View Post
    Well I remember when Garp told Luffy about Dragon being Luffy's dad Robin had a interesting reaction after she explained to Luffy what the Revolutionary's where. She said "If Dragon is Luffy's dad then that means..." & then she trailed off. Maybe she was talking about Luffy's mom? But I have know idea why Luffy's mom would matter to Robin though.
    That means Portgas D Ace is also Dragon's som, and that means Garp is Dragons's dad. I think it's more like that means you are the son of the most wanted criminal. Yet maybe, just maybe, it does have other implications. And yes, I realize my opinion is as vague as it can be.

Quote Originally Posted by deidara senpai View Post
    IMO the reason why dragon wanted to see robin is because of the following

-her history with the government
    -one of his own sons crew mates
    -he wants to gain the ultimate weapon ex.pluton plus i think theirs more out their and dragon wants them to stop the world government so why not have some nice weapons

i highly doubt she told the location of pluton to him probably taught him how to read the Poneglyphs and dragon can now look for them himself for the weapon

and if this already happened im sorry i only watched like half of the characters locations episodes and sadly i missed my favorite sh pirate character im going to watch robins now
    , not at all. I don't think Dragon is like that. He can't be, he is from the Monkey family and he carries the D. No way it would be like that. Also learning how to read phoneglyphs isn't something as easy as that.

, don't skip episodes!

Page 2 of 2 « First 12