Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
Results 1 to 25 of 48
  1. #1
    Cochrane Flow KingSmoke's Avatar
    Status
    KingSmoke is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Loguetown
    Posts
    1,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where I'm from, if you ever
    seen what I seen.... hey, you
    knoooow it can't get no better
    for me, know it can't get no
    better for me
     

    Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    I just recently realized this...

    In most VS matches, whenever Crocodile is concerned, people always, use the fanmade version of 'TS Croc' who we haven't seen yet, and also always give him haki. Then its assumed that he always wins just because he has haki, disregarding the possibility of his opponents haki being more powerful. Yet, people never mention how he was beat by way, way pregear Luffy and assume nobody else can discover his weakness.

    But when it comes to Enel, he always gets the lower end of the stick. People use the original Enel, no 'TS Enel' and he stays with only CoO. People use the excuse of Luffy neg diffing him for him losing all of his matches, disregarding the fact that Luffy was the absolute worst opponent for him. For some reason, people also forget his firepower an strength, and how he was about to destroy an entire country.

    Just wanted to point this out, let me know what you think.
     
         

  2. #2
    Member U mAd's Avatar
    Status
    U mAd is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    271
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    well crcoco did manage to go 1 on 1 with both flamingo and mehawk.
     
         

  3. #3
    Meh Mau5's Avatar
    Status
    Mau5 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ghosts 'n' Stuff
    Posts
    7,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oxford Comma
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Probably because:

    1. Croco held his own at MF
    2. Enel was kind of a b*tch
    3. Croco is more than likely to learn Haki than Enel on the Moon
    4. Croco defeated Luffy twice and Luffy only won because of luck, while Luffy was clearly stronger than Enel in terms of combat, speed and defense, while Enel just had a powerful ability
     
         
    Last edited by Mau5; 08-17-2014 at 04:40 AM.

  4. #4
    Member Uzumaki Macho's Avatar
    Status
    Uzumaki Macho is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    502
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Post TS Croc is overrated. Pre TS Enel=Post TS Enel. Enel achieved his dream of going to the moon and has nothing to train for and no one to fight.
     
         

  5. #5
    Senior Member KcMSean's Avatar
    Status
    KcMSean is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    1,262
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    I'd agree with you, but Crocodile was pretty boss at Marineford, so I can understand the expectations. Enel went to the moon we don't know jack about that. They could all be complete fodder there, so how would he learn haki?
     
         

  6. #6
    Cochrane Flow KingSmoke's Avatar
    Status
    KingSmoke is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Loguetown
    Posts
    1,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where I'm from, if you ever
    seen what I seen.... hey, you
    knoooow it can't get no better
    for me, know it can't get no
    better for me
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mau5 View Post
    Probably because:

    1. Croco held his own at MF
    2. Enel was kind of a b*tch
    3. Croco is more than likely to learn Haki than Enel on the Moon
    4. Croco defeated Luffy twice and Luffy only won because of luck, while Luffy was clearly stronger than Enel in terms of combat, speed and defense, while Enel just had a powerful ability
    That makes it okay to give him imaginary abilities?
     
         

  7. #7
    Meh Mau5's Avatar
    Status
    Mau5 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ghosts 'n' Stuff
    Posts
    7,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oxford Comma
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki Macho View Post
    Post TS Croc is overrated. Pre TS Enel=Post TS Enel. Enel achieved his dream of going to the moon and has nothing to train for and no one to fight.
    Enel had nothing to train for on Skypeia. The fact that he stayed in shape showed that he did train. Look at people who actually slacked off their training, like Moriah. He got all fat and sluggish, while Enel was muscular, had superior strength to musclehead Zoro and could do backflips like no one's business. Enel obviously trained, and there's not much to do on the Moon, it's not like him training is farfetched. Your question wasn't "Why is it okay to assume Croco has new powers", it was why people do it for Croco and not Enel, and that was my answer. A new question doesn't discredit my answer to your previous question.

    Quote Originally Posted by KingSmoke View Post
    That makes it okay to give him imaginary abilities?
    Imaginary abilities? Like what? The Logia living in the New World isn't gonna bother to learn Haki? Croco not learning Haki is less likely than him learning it.
     
         
    Last edited by Mau5; 08-17-2014 at 04:45 AM.

  8. #8
    Cochrane Flow KingSmoke's Avatar
    Status
    KingSmoke is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Loguetown
    Posts
    1,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where I'm from, if you ever
    seen what I seen.... hey, you
    knoooow it can't get no better
    for me, know it can't get no
    better for me
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    While we're on the subject of giving people abilities, I have a theory to propose about Enel still having opponents.

    We already know that he had to clear a crew of pirates on the moon, which pretty much confirmed that at least in OP verse pirates exist everywhere, even in outterspace. And whats a pirate crew without other pirates to duel with? Just a random crew of space goers, and the manga clearly referred to them as pirates.

    It's not too far off to predict that Enel has been holding down his planet and still fending it off from other invaders, which would be his practice for haki right there.
     
         

  9. #9
    Souji's Avatar
    Status
    Souji is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    The Golden.
    Posts
    9,442
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are intelligence and happiness
    mutually exclusive? #thoughts
     



    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mau5 View Post
    Enel had nothing to train for on Skypeia. The fact that he stayed in shape showed that he did train. Look at people who actually slacked off their training, like Moriah. He got all fat and sluggish, while Enel was muscular, had superior strength to musclehead Zoro and could do backflips like no one's business. Enel obviously trained, and there's not much to do on the Moon, it's not like him training is farfetched. Your question wasn't "Why is it okay to assume Croco has new powers", it was why people do it for Croco and not Enel, and that was my answer. A new question doesn't discredit my answer to your previous question.



    Imaginary abilities? Like what? The Logia living in the New World isn't gonna bother to learn Haki? Croco not learning Haki is less likely than him learning it.
    Don't you dislike One Piece? When did you start reading it? Or was that just a troll phase? xD






    OT: Assuming both users have Haki, I'd say Enel would edge out Croc. You have to realize in every versus debate that the OP and the audience is going to favor their character, biasing their perceptions. I agree with you though, it does get irritating.
     
         

  10. #10
    Cochrane Flow KingSmoke's Avatar
    Status
    KingSmoke is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Loguetown
    Posts
    1,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where I'm from, if you ever
    seen what I seen.... hey, you
    knoooow it can't get no better
    for me, know it can't get no
    better for me
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mau5 View Post
    Enel had nothing to train for on Skypeia. The fact that he stayed in shape showed that he did train. Look at people who actually slacked off their training, like Moriah. He got all fat and sluggish, while Enel was muscular, had superior strength to musclehead Zoro and could do backflips like no one's business. Enel obviously trained, and there's not much to do on the Moon, it's not like him training is farfetched. Your question wasn't "Why is it okay to assume Croco has new powers", it was why people do it for Croco and not Enel, and that was my answer. A new question doesn't discredit my answer to your previous question.



    Imaginary abilities? Like what? The Logia living in the New World isn't gonna bother to learn Haki? Croco not learning Haki is less likely than him learning it.
    honestly i think youre dodging the main point, that people are giving him haki and instead trying to prove why its okay. All im saying is that you shouldnt give a character such an edge in a match by granting him abilities he hasnt shown.

    and did you quote the wrong person?
     
         

  11. #11
    Meh Mau5's Avatar
    Status
    Mau5 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ghosts 'n' Stuff
    Posts
    7,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oxford Comma
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Souji View Post
    Don't you dislike One Piece? When did you start reading it? Or was that just a troll phase? xD






    OT: Assuming both users have Haki, I'd say Enel would edge out Croc. You have to realize in every versus debate that the OP and the audience is going to favor their character, biasing their perceptions. I agree with you though, it does get irritating.
    Don't tell me how I am.
     
         

  12. #12
    Meh Mau5's Avatar
    Status
    Mau5 is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Ghosts 'n' Stuff
    Posts
    7,277
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oxford Comma
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingSmoke View Post
    honestly i think youre dodging the main point, that people are giving him haki and instead trying to prove why its okay. All im saying is that you shouldnt give a character such an edge in a match by granting him abilities he hasnt shown.

    and did you quote the wrong person?
    And it's like you didn't even read my post. Like I said, I'm not saying why it's okay to give Croc powers, I never said it was. I'm telling you why people do it to Croc and not Enel. That is not what you were saying, you're saying "Why do it to Croc and not Enel." I gave you a viable answer, and now you're trying to subtly change the topic.
     
         

  13. #13
    Member U mAd's Avatar
    Status
    U mAd is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    271
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    enel sucks.his devil fruit is op but him naaaah.
     
         

  14. #14
    Fallout Master ShouldaGonBankai's Avatar
    Status
    ShouldaGonBankai is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    America
    Posts
    171
    Post Thanks / Like
    "If you want something in
    life, steal it"- Uvogin
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Because Crocodile is a fan favorite and people generally dislike Enel
     
         

  15. #15
    Niizuma Eiji Algalon's Avatar
    Status
    Algalon is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    At my desk ;)
    Posts
    8,541
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love the fact that the best
    character in Bakuman is based
    on Eiichiro Oda
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    It's because Enel used to be a fodder who got lucky with a fruit and Croco is actually a good fighter who we saw again in ID and Marineford and he did pretty well
     
         

  16. #16
    The common sense of NB Fireplay's Avatar
    Status
    Fireplay is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    4,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    No matter how far apart we
    are, you will always stay in
    my heart.
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Mostly because Croc held his own at MF and is not fodder unlike Enel. Yeah, Croc lost to pre-gears Luffy but he stomped him twice and Luffy survived only because of plot. If Robin wasn't there Luffy would be dead whereas Enel was genuinely avoiding encounters with Luffy.
     
         

  17. #17
    Senior Member jiraiya lives's Avatar
    Status
    jiraiya lives is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    3,693
    Post Thanks / Like
    ..............................
    ...........
    ..............................
    ....................
    ..............................
    ....................
    ..............................
    ....................
    ..............................
    ....................
    ..........
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Enels Raigu can probably one shot alot of people favs...Too bad the technique is too slow to hit any top tier and Enel himself would get blitz by alot of people before he gets the chance to attack
     
         

  18. #18
    The common sense of NB Fireplay's Avatar
    Status
    Fireplay is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Destiny Island
    Posts
    4,750
    Post Thanks / Like
    No matter how far apart we
    are, you will always stay in
    my heart.
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Quote Originally Posted by jiraiya lives View Post
    Enels Raigu can probably one shot alot of people favs...Too bad the technique is too slow to hit any top tier and Enel himself would get blitz by alot of people before he gets the chance to attack
    Enel needs Maxim to be able to pull off Raigou...

    A top-tier can simply destroy the ship and thats it.
     
         

  19. #19
    Cochrane Flow KingSmoke's Avatar
    Status
    KingSmoke is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Loguetown
    Posts
    1,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where I'm from, if you ever
    seen what I seen.... hey, you
    knoooow it can't get no better
    for me, know it can't get no
    better for me
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Quote Originally Posted by ShouldaGonBankai View Post
    Because Crocodile is a fan favorite and people generally dislike Enel
    i think this is at as well, people completely ignore the factors of enels planet and the fact that there are other space pirates who were probably trying to invade it. yet because croc showed up for a couple pages in marineford hes the shit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Algalon View Post
    It's because Enel used to be a fodder who got lucky with a fruit and Croco is actually a good fighter who we saw again in ID and Marineford and he did pretty well
    explain, how you know enel was weak before the goru goru because i missed that. also elaborate on how you know crocodile was a good fighter before the suna suna. also explain how you know that enel wouldnt do as well, if not better at marineford than crocodile because this post honestly sounds 100% opinion.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireplay View Post
    Mostly because Croc held his own at MF and is not fodder unlike Enel. Yeah, Croc lost to pre-gears Luffy but he stomped him twice and Luffy survived only because of plot. If Robin wasn't there Luffy would be dead whereas Enel was genuinely avoiding encounters with Luffy.
    Luffy did lose to Croc twice, but the same way you say him surviving was plot, I could say him losing was plot. Luffy is genuinely stronger than Crocodile, this was proved when his fist shattered on of his signature attacks with his bare fist. This is also proved by the fact that Crocodile had him on the ropes for those 2 matches, and when he was dead on his feet the last match, Croc was still at 100% health and in a fair fight Luffy still kicked his ass. With water? No, but blood.

    Just proves it doesn't even have to be water you hit him with, just any type of liquid which I is accessible everywhere. Croc is only a beast in his own environment. Matter fact most of his strength derives from his environment, yet with unlimited rock and sand around him he STILL lost against a WEAKENED Luffy. Outside of that, on any other island we've seen in OP... Little Big Garden, Skypiea, Long Ring island, Punk Hazard... he would lose due to insufficient material and to much fluid around him.

    also, Croc held his own in marineford unlike fodder enel?
    1) first of all enel wasnt at marineford
    2) if he was he'd have gotten stronger out of nowhere like croc did and ****ed shit up
    3) nobody at marineford was fighting seriously, and no match there was finished. people were just jumping from opponent to opponent.

    And enel avoiding luffy is totally excusable. he had no means of attacking him.
     
         
    Last edited by KingSmoke; 08-17-2014 at 08:18 PM.

  20. #20
    Simple Logic TheCloudsBlackLightning's Avatar
    Status
    TheCloudsBlackLightning is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Under your house
    Posts
    2,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    When you feel like you hate
    your life,, its only because
    your stuck in someone elses
    flow. You must first go with
    the flow if ever you ever wish
    for things to get better. Go
    with the flow=acceptance.
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Quote Originally Posted by KingSmoke View Post
    I just recently realized this...

    In most VS matches, whenever Crocodile is concerned, people always, use the fanmade version of 'TS Croc' who we haven't seen yet, and also always give him haki. Then its assumed that he always wins just because he has haki, disregarding the possibility of his opponents haki being more powerful. Yet, people never mention how he was beat by way, way pregear Luffy and assume nobody else can discover his weakness.

    But when it comes to Enel, he always gets the lower end of the stick. People use the original Enel, no 'TS Enel' and he stays with only CoO. People use the excuse of Luffy neg diffing him for him losing all of his matches, disregarding the fact that Luffy was the absolute worst opponent for him. For some reason, people also forget his firepower an strength, and how he was about to destroy an entire country.

    Just wanted to point this out, let me know what you think.
    I noticed this too. Such hypocrites. Crocodile>Smoker. Smoker learned CoA during the TS so its not far-fetched to think Croc learned it too. Enel>Croc and people assume that he can't learn CoA because he's on the moon. Really?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzumaki Macho View Post
    Post TS Croc is overrated. Pre TS Enel=Post TS Enel. Enel achieved his dream of going to the moon and has nothing to train for and no one to fight.
    Enel learned of the moon people's technology. All of the blue sea's technology originated from the moon. Knowing Enel, he'll probably be like "All technology came from the moon. I am god of the moon! All technology belongs to me!!" He'll come down from the moon on his arc and will try to "take back" "his" technology. With his lightning, he could probably deactivate, reactivate and control pacifistas. The moon people also probably told Enel about Dr. Vegapunk and Enel might go after him too in order to make Vegapunk his servant. The WG will definately try to silence Enel and may send Kizaru after him. With the lightning fast Eenl high in the sky on his arc, they need someone who is also fast and can fly to get to him. Kizaru is the perfect one for the job.
     
         

  21. #21
    Cochrane Flow KingSmoke's Avatar
    Status
    KingSmoke is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Loguetown
    Posts
    1,861
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where I'm from, if you ever
    seen what I seen.... hey, you
    knoooow it can't get no better
    for me, know it can't get no
    better for me
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Quote Originally Posted by TheCloudsBlackLightning View Post
    Enel learned of the moon people's technology. All of the blue sea's technology originated from the moon. Knowing Enel, he'll probably be like "All technology came from the moon. I am god of the moon! All technology belongs to me!!" He'll come down from the moon on his arc and will try to "take back" "his" technology. With his lightning, he could probably deactivate, reactivate and control pacifistas. The moon people also probably told Enel about Dr. Vegapunk and Enel might go after him too in order to make Vegapunk his servant. The WG will definately try to silence Enel and may send Kizaru after him. With the lightning fast Eenl high in the sky on his arc, they need someone who is also fast and can fly to get to him. Kizaru is the perfect one for the job.
    I would like if this happened. But he should fight on his own not with Pacifistas and should really give Kizaru a good fight
     
         

  22. #22
    (っ◔◡◔)っ ♥ Mr. Outside's Avatar
    Status
    Mr. Outside is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Dressrosa.
    Posts
    9,680
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you belonged to a political
    party or a social club that
    was tied to as much bigotry,
    misogyny, homophobia,
    violence, and sheer ignorance
    as religion is, you'd resign
    in protest.
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?



    I was thinking this myself, completely agree bro.
     
         

  23. #23
    Lelouch Vi Britannia silmarill's Avatar
    Status
    silmarill is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Grand Line
    Posts
    8,264
    Post Thanks / Like
    “Hero? No! We're pirates! I
    love heroes, but I don't wanna
    be one! Do you know what
    heroes are? Say there is a
    chunk of meat. Pirates will
    have a banquet and eat it, but
    heroes will share it with
    other people. I want all the
    meat!”
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Quote Originally Posted by Mau5 View Post
    Enel had nothing to train for on Skypeia. The fact that he stayed in shape showed that he did train. Look at people who actually slacked off their training, like Moriah. He got all fat and sluggish, while Enel was muscular, had superior strength to musclehead Zoro and could do backflips like no one's business. Enel obviously trained, and there's not much to do on the Moon, it's not like him training is farfetched. Your question wasn't "Why is it okay to assume Croco has new powers", it was why people do it for Croco and not Enel, and that was my answer. A new question doesn't discredit my answer to your previous question.



    Imaginary abilities? Like what? The Logia living in the New World isn't gonna bother to learn Haki? Croco not learning Haki is less likely than him learning it.
    Crocoboy had previously already visited and lived in the New World. As could be seen by his statement when he was reading the newspaper and said something among the lines"its time to go the good old New World"
    He should have learned Haki before going there according to you.
    My guess is he just is not as talented as everyone makes him out to be , that's why he went back to the easy half of the Grand Line
     
         

  24. #24
    Senior Member VariaBossX's Avatar
    Status
    VariaBossX is online now
    Gender
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    11,605
    Post Thanks / Like
    This user has no status.
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Does it really matter?

    He did fine fighting Haki users in the marineford, without Haki.

    Look at what he did to Jozu, he even clashed with Doflamingo and nothing happened to him.

    What Haki person did Enel fight?

    No one
     
         

  25. #25
    Banned
    Status
    WolfHaley is offline
    Gender
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    2,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    B-A-N-A-N-A-S
     

    Re: Crocodile and Enel double standards?

    Quote Originally Posted by silmarill View Post
    Crocoboy had previously already visited and lived in the New World. As could be seen by his statement when he was reading the newspaper and said something among the lines"its time to go the good old New World"
    He should have learned Haki before going there according to you.
    My guess is he just is not as talented as everyone makes him out to be , that's why he went back to the easy half of the Grand Line
    Who knows, maybe he does know Haki but Oda just hasn't presented it to him yet. Croco, went to the New World to become PK. When he abandoned his dream, he probably just didn't see any reason to stay. Besides, we don't know that much about his past yet.
     
         

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •