Page 1 of 2 12 Last»
    Banned
    Status
    Jan 2015
    THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS NO
    SUCH THING.

Oda and One Piece right now

While reading the chapter I believed it was a hoax.I refuse to believe that the author of the best seller of all time was in charge this chapter.
    Absolutely anyone (even your mother) who has read shonens before could write a story at least at that level.
    In 17 pages we have a collection of all the cliché in existence since the dawn of mankind.

Oda has always used a very generic shonen pattern, but what set him apart was the absolute splendid and detailed world building.But what happens when he can't deliver on it any-more?
    Introduction of the princess in despair : We stopped caring about them since Vivi Oda.
    Introduction of princess number 45 : Why must I die for your sins Oda, I haven't done anything.
    Introduction of Fujitora : Hey watch out your admiral is spilling Ramen all over the place Oda.
    Introduction of Sabo : Not the time and place Oda.
    Introduction of the dwarf princess in despair : Go home Oda.
    Puts Vice Admirals all over the place : One Shot Boys Volume 3, they like it raw.

Without some serious world building, there is nothing to hide Oda's flaws any-more (generic story, weird power consistency etc).The once in a decade genius has absolutely nothing to set his story apart from even the most average shonen artists in Japan.Dressrosa won't be remembered.

His whole world has been crumbling apart since he decided to get rid of the crew that he spent more than a decade to compose.And they've been treated like shit since their return.When you ignore your main cast to instead add an infinite amount of new characters at any given corner we readers cannot instantly feel for them.The people we are emotionally connected to and care the most (the SH crew) are either absent or far, very far from having any relevance lately (bar Luffy).The struggle of Gladiator X against generic bad guy Y can only work so much.We just don't care!!
    There are so many characters with so little story behind them that everyone is wishing for everything to end as soon as possible just to have our crew reunited again, and this isn't a good thing at all.

But hey, at least we've hit the lowest point with this chapter, because no human with cognitive ability whatsoever could do worse.We're on a roller coaster to glory, just gotta hope there's still oil to move up once more.

The summary of the chapter:

1500th panel of fodders running for their life in one arc, give Oda his world record and medal already.

Zoro learns Law is dead and is left speechless, character development at it's finest, stops talking as the story goes on, waouw!!
    That's our Grand Master guys, so fresh, so unarmed, so totally not doing SHIT.

Oh look what we have here, two new members of the cheer-landing squad.If my hero can't save me while I do squat and watch the world burn I deserve to die!!

"Sup boys, too bad I'm too far to help my brother I haven't seen in 10 years but I reeeally wanted to save these 2 civilians screaming at the road side".

Exclusive, Mother ****ing Fujitora in Action!!!:

Oh mama no, Luffy please save everyone, you're the last hope on earth!!Fujitora, Zoro, Sabo, CP0, Burgress and all your friends need your help!!

Oh mah ****ing god someone hold my penis I can't believe he was alive holy shit Oda you did it again!!

Missed him *****.Take that you villains, every-one knows you can never hit the Hero even when he's at point blank immobile on the ground, Hollywood style *****es.

Yeah, kill him.Kill him!!!The one move of a lifetime, I've never read something that cool before!!

Holy mother of Buddha, the bad guy rises again, so much mind **** in just one chapter, this a visual Chantilly cream I think I caught diabetes!!!

Last second hero entrance, never saw it coming I think someone just ripped my eyes apart!!Yeah, kill him.Kill him!!!

Status
    Apr 2014
    This user has no status.

Re: Oda and One Piece right now

Thanks for sharing

Status
    Dec 2012
    The bird of paradise only
    alights on the hand that does
    not grasp.

Quote Originally Posted by GreeLin View Post
    While reading the chapter I believed it was a hoax.I refuse to believe that the author of the best seller of all time was in charge this chapter.
    Absolutely anyone (even your mother) who has read shonens before could write a story at least at that level.
    In 17 pages we have a collection of all the cliché in existence since the dawn of mankind.

Oda has always used a very generic shonen pattern, but what set him apart was the absolute splendid and detailed world building.But what happens when he can't deliver on it any-more?
    Introduction of the princess in despair : We stopped caring about them since Vivi Oda.
    Introduction of princess number 45 : Why must I die for your sins Oda, I haven't done anything.
    Introduction of Fujitora : Hey watch out your admiral is spilling Ramen all over the place Oda.
    Introduction of Sabo : Not the time and place Oda.
    Introduction of the dwarf princess in despair : Go home Oda.
    Puts Vice Admirals all over the place : One Shot Boys Volume 3, they like it raw.

Without some serious world building, there is nothing to hide Oda's flaws any-more (generic story, weird power consistency etc).The once in a decade genius has absolutely nothing to set his story apart from even the most average shonen artists in Japan.Dressrosa won't be remembered.

His whole world has been crumbling apart since he decided to get rid of the crew that he spent more than a decade to compose.And they've been treated like shit since their return.When you ignore your main cast to instead add an infinite amount of new characters at any given corner we readers cannot instantly feel for them.The people we are emotionally connected to and care the most (the SH crew) are either absent or far, very far from having any relevance lately (bar Luffy).The struggle of Gladiator X against generic bad guy Y can only work so much.We just don't care!!
    There are so many characters with so little story behind them that everyone is wishing for everything to end as soon as possible just to have our crew reunited again, and this isn't a good thing at all.

But hey, at least we've hit the lowest point with this chapter, because no human with cognitive ability whatsoever could do worse.We're on a roller coaster to glory, just gotta hope there's still oil to move up once more.

The summary of the chapter:

1500th panel of fodders running for their life in one arc, give Oda his world record and medal already.

Zoro learns Law is dead and is left speechless, character development at it's finest, stops talking as the story goes on, waouw!!
    That's our Grand Master guys, so fresh, so unarmed, so totally not doing SHIT.

Oh look what we have here, two new members of the cheer-landing squad.If my hero can't save me while I do squat and watch the world burn I deserve to die!!

"Sup boys, too bad I'm too far to help my brother I haven't seen in 10 years but I reeeally wanted to save these 2 civilians screaming at the road side".

Exclusive, Mother ****ing Fujitora in Action!!!:

Oh mama no, Luffy please save everyone, you're the last hope on earth!!Fujitora, Zoro, Sabo, CP0, Burgress and all your friends need your help!!

Oh mah ****ing god someone hold my penis I can't believe he was alive holy shit Oda you did it again!!

Missed him *****.Take that you villains, every-one knows you can never hit the Hero even when he's at point blank immobile on the ground, Hollywood style *****es.

Yeah, kill him.Kill him!!!The one move of a lifetime, I've never read something that cool before!!

Holy mother of Buddha, the bad guy rises again, so much mind **** in just one chapter, this a visual Chantilly cream I think I caught diabetes!!!

Last second hero entrance, never saw it coming I think someone just ripped my eyes apart!!Yeah, kill him.Kill him!!!
    actual Oda and One Piece right now:

i don't understand shit about one piece cuz they fill 17 pages with 9 different locations and 23 different fights at the same time...

Last edited by Everztar; Yesterday at 01:12 PM.

Status
    Aug 2010
    The grey rain curtain of this
    world rolls back and all turns
    to silver glass. And then you
    see it. White shores, and
    beyond, a far green country
    under a swift sunrise.

than why aren't you a well selling manga artist?

Status
    Oct 2012
    "D" will definitely
    bring forth another storm!

What is your problem, you hater?

Status
    上記のすべての男

You, probably, have some problems.

Status
    May 2014
    This user has no status.

Then drop the series, problem solved. No point in reading if you're going to get this upset over it.

Status
    Apr 2011
    Mortal Man

Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post

i don't understand shit about one piece cuz they fill 17 pages with 9 different locations and 23 different fights at the same time...
    God bless 17 pages of flashbacks though amirite

Senior Member 7th Biggest OP Fan's Avatar
    Status
    Dec 2012
    This user has no status.

Glad to see everyone liking the chapter.

Status
    Oct 2011
    This user has no status.

Quote Originally Posted by Everztar View Post

Think before you talk..

Status
    Oct 2010
    This user has no status.

Blocking out the haters the same way Luffy blocked Doflamingo's foot.

Status
    Sep 2011
    "Got draggin' balls like
    my name was Vegetaaaaa!"

all these plural forms of words you're using. stop the we readers stuff, this is YOUR opinion lol one piece is still going strong in MY opinion.

just slanging ya wee-wees errwhere.

Last edited by ToadSageNaruto; Yesterday at 01:38 PM.

Status
    May 2012
    I love Azu <3

Quote Originally Posted by 7th Biggest OP Fan View Post
    Glad to see everyone liking the chapter.
    Well i did.

Status
    May 2011
    Bring on the hardship. It's
    preferred in a path of
    carnage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahkra View Post
    Then drop the series, problem solved. No point in reading if you're going to get this upset over it.
    Agreed.

/thread

Status
    Mar 2014
    "Here! Eat an apple, it
    will make you look like even
    more of a doucebag."

More and more people crying over 1 little chapter smh

Status
    Aug 2010
    The grey rain curtain of this
    world rolls back and all turns
    to silver glass. And then you
    see it. White shores, and
    beyond, a far green country
    under a swift sunrise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannie View Post
    More and more people crying over 1 little chapter smh
    Well the complainers are always the most vocal, a large majority of ppl liked the chapter

Status
    Jul 2011
    Truth is all
    humans...regardless of how
    proper and respectable they
    seem to be...all have a
    sadistic side craving for
    bloodlust...Blood and death!

How does it feel that you're losing your composure over a manga u actually hate but yet spend time on writing this post and editing those panels?

Status
    Apr 2011
    Mortal Man

Quote Originally Posted by bajram View Post
    How does it feel that you're losing your composure over a manga u actually hate but yet spend time on writing this post and editing those panels?
    It's the on the same coin as getting panels and writing posts about how much you liked it and in the same wallet as doing so for debates. If the OP shouldn't have made this thread, then we shouldn't be making any posts really unless it's a discussion about some non-manga topic.

Status
    May 2013
    Different conclusions are
    reached when one fact is
    viewed from two separate
    points of view. When that
    happens, there is no immediate
    way to judge which point of
    view is the correct one. There
    is no way to conclude one’s
    own conclusion is the correct
    one.

Am I the only one that realizes that Dressrosa was just set up
    Tournament was done to get Luffy's name out and acquaint him with a lot of the big names of the new world

(Happou Navy achieved more soldiers for Luffy's war that he will eventually wage)

Half of Luffy's crew is separated and currently in trouble with Big Mam who currently has a massive bomb on her ship.

Multitude of NW Pirates are revering Luffy's crew thanks to God Ussop. (More support for the future)

Fujitora basically out right said what the Marines are amassing their forces for (eventually turning against the Warlords) Doflamingo will be the final nail in that coffin.

When Luffy takes down Doflamingo he will have gained the wrath of half of the New World (Big Mam and Kaidou)

And when Doffy does fall so does the NW underworld.

I can admit that I even enjoyed fishman island better than this arc, but from what I can tell Oda is just using this arc to build a lot of the story from now on. The complaints that u have about the SH not getting enough screen time is ridiculous.

Zoro just performed his usual job of taking out the second strongest while Robin and Ussop dealt with support.

OP u should learn to stop complaining and just chill.

Status
    Oct 2011
    there is one thing...one thing
    that is absolutely certain...!
    it is that for every
    "golden city" and
    "sky island" there
    has never been anyone who
    could prove that they do not
    exist!! others might laugh at
    us, but that doesn't matter!!
    t

Alt nr 5434 complaining for the 3287th time. OK.Next.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last»